HomeTVGeneral HospitalMatt and Nadine: A Couple In Need Of A Chance? Luke Kerr February 16, 2009 General Hospital 13 Comments On today’s ABC Daytime Confidential episode I discussed with Regan and Belinda the surge in interest by online General Hospital fans in Matt (Jason Cook) and Nadine (Claire Coffee). Now we know that Coffee is no longer on contract, but as Regan pointed out the young adult cast is a bit male heavy and Matt and Nadine have shown some serious sparks. Personally, I’m all for a Matt and Nadine pairing since it would keep Matt out of Maxie’s orbit and let the writers focus on the Spinelli/Maxie/Johnny/ dynamic. More importantly it would give the show a reason to keep the talented Coffee around. Would you enjoy watching a Matt and Nadine pairing? Matt and Nadine: A Couple In Need Of A Chance? Eh! I'm not a big fan of either character, but they might be good. (15%, 93 Votes) Yes! I'd love to see GH give them a chance, they have great chemistry. (85%, 544 Votes) Total Voters: 637Vote Loading ... 13 Responses Courtney fan4life February 16, 2009 I love Nadine and matt they look so cute. Plus it would keep matt away from Maxie and leave my spixie safe! Plus anything to keep Nadine around is a good thing. Log in to Reply daisyclover1938 February 16, 2009 I think Matt and Nadine have had chemistry ever since Nadine was “investigating” Matt. They were just so cute together. Normally I don’t think pairing two newbies is a good idea, but I think it would work with these two, as long as they weren’t written into their own little bubble – they still need to be integrated with the rest of the cast, especially the younger set. Spixie isn’t even a factor for me. I could take them or leave them, and I don’t think TPTB are moving towards a Matt/Maxie pairing… I just love JC and I want him to stick around, and getting him into a popular pairing would help Log in to Reply ladyofthelake February 16, 2009 Eh, I don’t know. I guess I don’t care. I’m just not into Matt or Nadine and wa pretty happy that Nadine wa going bye bye. Two useless characters. but if Matt stays away from Maxie, than okay for me. I just hate nadine the dork so much. I doubt they will go there, but who knows, they could change there mind. Log in to Reply ConqueringBlue February 16, 2009 I’ve seen chemistry between Matt and Nadine for months now, but TPTB seemed intent on exploring Nik/Nadine. I do think they need to tone down her hyperactive dorkiness a little. It seemed like, with Nik, she became a bit over the top. I’ve loved JC since Days, but I don’t want him in a storyline with Maxie. I wouldn’t mind seeing him hook up with Nadine, or even Elizabeth (although it looks like Liz and Lucky are a go) Log in to Reply Revafan001 February 16, 2009 They should hook these two up! A perfect s/l for GH(about the hospital). Log in to Reply justloveskate February 16, 2009 Couldn’t care less about either of these two. Two useless characters. As long as they leave Maxie out of Matt’s orbit and keep Nadine away from Nic anything else will work for me. Log in to Reply ashlovesgh February 16, 2009 I deff. saw some major chemistry btwn those two!! I think now that Nik is obviously going to be paired with Rebecca, that they should give Nadine a much better storyline with Matt than to just have Nik leave her heartbroken and alone. Personally, I love Nadine. Everytime she is on-screen I can’t help but laugh at her and love her. And Claire deserves to stick around and give Nadine a fighting chance. I also love Jason Cook and I am finally coming to love the character of Matt now that he has ties to Patrick and giving him something to work with. *Fingers crossed* for a Matt/Nadine pairing!! Log in to Reply Courtney fan4life February 16, 2009 Nikadine was ruined when nik became obsessed with Saint Emily lookalike. I was just sick of it and Nadine made me care about nik. but now i cant stand him. I want Nadine with someone else. Nik can have his obsession. Log in to Reply Beth February 16, 2009 Fine with me. Pair them, have them declare undying love to each other, and then move to Canada to open up that Hospital/Puppet Theater they’ve been dreaming of for so long. Two less useless characters to have to watch. Log in to Reply EricasEvilTwin February 16, 2009 bring on Natt or is it Madine?? LOL I like those two together. The show could use another fun young couple to brighten up the landscape a bit. Log in to Reply sueboo54321 February 17, 2009 I like Nadine. She has positive energy. There isn’t any doom and gloom in her scenes. If pairing her with Matt will keep her on the show, I say pair them. Log in to Reply THEBEST February 17, 2009 Matt & Nadine? I could get with that, but it’s too much like right… Log in to Reply Belinda February 17, 2009 I’m with you, THEBEST! What harm could another scrubs romance be? Why can’t we have another hospital based storyline that is romantic and fun. Maybe goodie two shoes Nadine won’t be able to deny her yearning for the dark prince when this look alike mess blows up in his face. That would be a great triangle because it is so out of character for Nadine. Darken her up some, give her depth. I bet Claire Coffee could pull it off. She doesn’t have any faults yet, just quirks and I don’t think we can truly love a character until we see their faults. Just IMO. Log in to Reply Leave a Reply Cancel Reply You must be logged in to post a comment.