General Hospital's Steve Burton on Favorite Storyline: "Leaving For Paris The First Time With Robin"

We Love Soaps' Roger Newcomb has a new exclusive interview up with one of the most popular leading men in daytime, General Hospital's Steve Burton. In the chat, they discuss Soap Dishes: The Cookbookcollege football, Out of This World and of course, Jason Morgan. Check out what Burton had to say when asked which of Jason's adventures is his all-time favorite story:

WE LOVE SOAPS TV: Favorite storyline of all-time?

Steve Burton: Of all time? It is tough to say of all-time but it is always the ones that probably have the most emotion. It has got to be leaving for Paris the first time with Robin. Those were a good couple of years on the show with Stone and Robin and Sonny and the whole thing, and Brenda. That was just a good three years of the show there. Sam’s baby was a good story. A lot came out of that story. There was Monica’s breast cancer. Remember she had that?

I won't even begin to go into how disappointed I am that Steverific didn't mention what we all know is really his best storyline of all-time, Liason's reunion! That being said, I will forgive him and will still be ordering my copy of Soap Dishes: The Cookbook, especially since a portion of the proceeds will benefit the Desi Geestman Foundation, which works to improve the quality of life for kids suffering from cancer and their families.

Hmmm, maybe with Patrick (Jason Thompson) showing out like he's done with crazy Lisa (Brianna Brown), GH should toy with the idea of putting Super Jase and Lil' Robin Scorpio (Kimberly McCullough) back in the same orbit? I'd like that a lot better than his relationship with that insecure, Brenda Bot, Spam (Kelly Monaco), even still—Liason-4-Life!

Comments

maxsmom's picture
20 February 2009

I actually preferred Robin and Jason to Liason, blasphemy I know but there it is.

jpp1975's picture
30 November 2007

I LOVED Robin and Jason. I loved Liason too, but I have accepted that JaSam are popular, and probably will stick until either Steve or Kelly leaves. That being said, hallelujah that he mentioned Monica's cancer! So touching. I wish Jason and Monica could have a close relationship--her other children are dead! And she should at least know about Jake.

Ravennite613's picture
10 December 2008

I think it was because of the connection Jason & Robin had which was the basis for my love of Liason. Seeing Jason with someone who was his opposite as opposed to his female replicant was more enjoyable.

Seeing two people with two separate lives try and make it work is much more compelling than female Jason-bot twisting her ankle because she went to a stake-out in five inch hooker boots. But that's just me

GH LOVER's picture
1 June 2008
2 years 10 weeks

Robin&Jason were magical and Steve knows that, this is one of the reason he got Emmy in 1998..
Really great S/L, that was touching..
and I love seeing them now on GH.. like the amazing scene they had this year regarding Michael, Steve and KMC were fantastic..
I wish we would have more Jason/Robin scenes, because she needs her friends now...

I loved that he mention Monica cancer that was great S/L, that broke my heart, I wish GH now will take notice.. and jpp1975 i agree its a shame that Monica is not sharing scenes with her son, when he needs her now with what Michael is going trough... we could have had great scene of her visiting him and Michael in prison..UGH

rebecca's picture
14 July 2008
2 years 25 weeks

maybe he did not mention the Liason reunion because it was not one of his favorite stories.

No Daisy's picture
12 January 2010

I love you and your bias, Jamey! Liason 4 evah!

curacaoman's picture
10 February 2009

I think that all the stories he mentioned are PRE-LUZA! Coincidence?

14 July 2010
3 years 26 weeks

Your serious right. Your bashing Kelly Monaco.

22 January 2008

My comment was about Sam McCall, the c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r. Shock

Kelly8970's picture
15 October 2008

I so agree! While reading his interview I had hoped SBu would have mentioned LIASON and the birth of his son! LOL. Robin and Jason and leaving for Paris was an enjoyable storyline but there's nothing better than LIASON.

19 October 2010
3 years 26 weeks

IA with Steve. Sam's baby was one of his best stories-- noticed you left that out, shockingly enough. Robin's departure was also good.

You're only as good as the people you work against so kudos to Steve for picking his two strongest stories with Kim McCollough and Kelly Monaco.

Jason and Sam were the last time he actually got decent, emotional material. It was an actual love story that as he points out provided ample material.

It was also the last time Steve was nominated for an Emmy.

Now Jason is more a supporting actor himself.

cokeyloveshersoaps's picture
29 December 2008

I didnt know Kelly Monaco was dating Jason Morgan Jamey why are bashing Kelly Wink Tongue

timepass's picture
20 November 2007

Frankly I loved Jason with Robin, but never bought the fact that Jason got Sonny's left over with Sam.

I was surprised by the chemistry he had with Liz and loved the Liaison era.

For me, other than when Jason interact with Brenda, he became irrelevant. Same old, same old.

Not everyone age gracefully!

22 January 2008

Steve and Rebecca got in trouble for griping about Liason's end to Digest, so of course he doesn't mention Liason. It's easier for Frons to manufacture popularity for JaSpam if the actors act like its a good story. Same with AMC and Rylee.

GHvetfan's picture
26 October 2009
1 week 1 day

cokeyloveshersoaps wrote:

Where is Jamey bashing KM in this post?

Liason foreva!!!!

js3557's picture
28 September 2009

Of course he can't mention Liason. If you watch the show now Liason were never in love, don't ever think about eachother, and were never good friends. I believe the last time he mentioned liking Liason he had his hand slapped by TPTB (complaining in the article that they broke up Liason). Guza - your brainwashing won't work on me! I remember Liason and I miss them.

That said, I always loved Jason and Robin. They were so good together.

GH LOVER's picture
1 June 2008
2 years 10 weeks

No offense Jamey but Steve gave the same answer when Jason was with Liz.. he always says that his best S/L were Robin, Monica;s cancer Baby Lila death, and Brenda wedding..

The baby death S/L was really fantastic S/L that got him Emmy nom along with Kelly it was heartbreaking and real touching.....

cokeyloveshersoaps's picture
29 December 2008

GHvetfan wrote:
cokeyloveshersoaps wrote:

Where is Jamey bashing KM in this post?

Liason foreva!!!!

I was joking someone said on here he was bashing Kelly and he was not he was talking about spam.

EricasEvilTwin's picture
15 July 2008

I LOVE that the professional journalists here at Liason Confidential didnt get the headline right, since he clearly says that Jason/Robin was one of three favorite stories. But I'm not surprised

js3557's picture
28 September 2009

Actually, if you read above Steve clearly says that the Robin story was his favorite. He then goes on to say that Sam's baby and Monica's cancer were good stories too. "It has got to be leaving for Paris the first time with Robin."

5 December 2008

rebecca wrote:

Oh we all know that can't be not ever.

Beth's picture
18 January 2008
2 years 27 weeks

Quote:

Sooooo, instead of simply assuming that Liason isn't one of his favorite stories, it's now a covert elaborate publicity scheme with the idiots that run ABC Daytime??? Quick, call Mulder and Scully, there's a conspiracy afoot!!!!

And before you jump to conclusions, let me state I am not a JaSam, Liason, Jason/Robin, nor a Jason/Spinelli 'shipper. I am, however, interested in seeing the proof of this statement.

5 December 2008

Like I love how what after 7 years her own big fan base out side of being with Jason her own family and the fact she had a another very popluar couple LuSam. PPL still try to bash Sam by the Brenda-bot Bullsh**. I love things like these how it gets some Liason fans all hyped up he didn't mention Liason come on now. HA HA HA HA LMFAO HA HA. So it not possible that he didn't like that s/l what was so great about compared to the ones he said that s/l didn't add up. Hell are the journey fans upset he didn't mention them.

Like how you take your jabs and your up front basis Brenda-Bot BS. 7 years on the show proves that wrong a very popluars character and very popkluar actress so whatever.

GHteenybopper's picture
29 March 2010

some people on here are so..bitter lol, but anyways thanks for the article Jamey G!

5 December 2008

Jamey Giddens wrote:

So JaSam isn't popluar CHILD PLEASE and he can't mention JIZ BS he did the samething whe he got with Liz. He never talked about Sam. So when he does this with Jiz it's a cover up to keep down Jiz. But when it's done with JaSam it's fine these doublestandards never shock me.

You know one way to very much prove Sam/JaSam are popluar is the fact that we Sam/JaSam fans come on THIS board still after the BS that gets posted and deed as fact.

And the fact they trashed on JaSam for Jiz to put up that couple proves the BULLSH** you just said wrong. If it was true why did they do that sh** in 06-07. And then the Jizzers will agree with you call it fact when there is none. I swaer yall come up with the most conspiracy theories ever. Ya'll can never anwser why Frons/Guza trashed JaSam for Jiz the way he did if he wanted JaSam to be deemed as this great thing. But gave Lizzard his kid had everybody in town prasing them. They gave ya'll everything to start out with but NOOO it's a cover up for JaSam GMAFB.

5 December 2008

Beth wrote:
Quote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THANKYOUI can't add anymore and ppl believe this and call it fact without any proof.

5 December 2008

GHteenybopper wrote:

I have to ask who's bitter ppl bring up conspiracy theories or ppl stating where the proof is of the theory and asking why the bash, cause he didn't mention a couple.

15 May 2008

EET since when is DAYTIME Confidential Liason Confidential as you put it? SMH Jamey is just joking and giving HIS point of view.

LIASONADDICT's picture
22 August 2008
3 years 6 weeks

You guys know these stories and people are fake..........LMAO!!!

I haven't seen a good JASPAM/LIASON debate in a long time!!!

js3557's picture
28 September 2009

I don't really care that he didn't mention Liason as one of his favorite stories in this interview. He has named the Liason story as one of his favorites in other interviews. He has also called the Liason story "the greatest story never told" when he was complaining about how TPTB ended the couple. I am not offended as a Liason fan that he mentioned Sam's baby storyline because he did a great job with those scenes and it was the really meaty, emotional stuff that actors love to do. I did not think that KM did a great job with the material, but that is just my opinion.

I think Jamey was just poking fun and giving his personal opinion.

As for the conspiracy theories, they started writing Sam badly when she was playing games with contract negotiations (which she has a habit of doing - see last year when they put a casting call out for Sam McCall). Steve and Becky wanted to do Liason, so they jumped on board and were fantastic. Once KM was locked back in she went to Frons and bitched about not wanting Lusam and wanting Jasam. This was talked about in various personal appearances, articles, insiders and blind items. You can believe it or not - I don't care, but don't insult me for choosing to believe it.