General Hospital's Bradford Anderson Cast In TNT Pilot

Deadline
is reporting General Hospital scene stealer Bradford Anderson has been cast in an upcoming pilot for TNT. The untitled show revolves around Steven Weber's character Mike Lomax, a widower and his nelywed partner Terry (D.L. Hughley). Anderson will play a computer investigator who works for the homicide division. The untitled show is based on the novel The Rabbit Factory by Marshall Karp. No word on when the show will debut.

Comments

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

Good for him. Spinelli 2.0...........

Bradford is one of the most underrated actors in daytime, and he definitely deserves this!!!

Ryan-Scott's picture
4 May 2009

what alstonboy said.

Smile

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

Ryan Scott-- Beer Beer

1 July 2009

Ditto, as usual Alstonboy, you took the words right out of my mouth.

7 January 2008

That's right, show Guza and Frons what a valuable commodity you are Bradford! It is kind of funny you are being typecast as a computer tech, lol! Maybe GH will give him a more flexible contract like his other cast mates.

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

Keanna--

Cheers to you also!! Beer Beer

1 July 2009

To you as well, Alstonboy!!!!! Beer Beer Beer

watchingallday's picture
21 December 2009
2 years 13 weeks

I hope this gets picked up and does well. I think Bradford is a good actor, but I am beyond sick of Spinelli, so if this means no more of him and the actor goes on to better things, then it is a win-win for everyone!

curacaoman's picture
10 February 2009

Hopefully this means Spinelli will be off our screens. The character is a jackass!

troymcclure's picture
25 December 2008
2 years 5 weeks

I hope this means Spinelli is getting killed off....please kill him off GH.

11 April 2009

Best wishes to Bradford Anderson on this pilot. He would be very fortunate to break into primetime. All of the 20 & 30-something actors on daytime should try to get some roles, either guest, recurring, or starring in primetime or film.

The reality is that casting directors in Hollywood don't care about daytime credits. The actors and actresses whom we love in daytime are not known or respected by Hollywood. For their long term careers, actors have to generate an acting portfolio outside daytime.

liason4real's picture
10 May 2008

Good for BA....

I'm always thrilled to see former daytime actors showing up on various primetime and cable shows.

BrendaBarrettHospital's picture
17 November 2010
3 years 14 weeks

watchingallday wrote:

Very well said!!! Good actor, but I am so tired of him on GH!! I am FFing thru him already!!

7 January 2008

@ curacaoman & troymcclure - I would not count your chickens just yet. A pilot does not mean anything unless it is picked-up. If the pilot is commissioned, Bradford's character could be cut out or recast. It happens all the time. Even if the show is picked-up and Bradford's character remains intact, he could stay on GH. There a few current GH cast-members who are moonlighting on different shows as recurring characters. For Bradford and his representation, this could be a bargaining tool when he contract is up for renewal.

sassysdreams's picture
1 January 2009

Congratulations to Bradford!!! I hope he will be able to continue on as Spinelli until the pilot is picked up. I love him as Spinelli and I'm sure I will love him as this new character as well. Maybe he'll be able to do both! He's an extremely talented actor and singer and I wish him all the very best!!

BrendaBarrettHospital's picture
17 November 2010
3 years 14 weeks

What about Steven Webber?? He leaving??

sassysdreams's picture
1 January 2009

BrendaBarrettHo - Sorry to break it to you but Steven Webber is a CHARACTER on General Hospital. He's not a real person so no he's not leaving. The Steven Weber mentioned in the article is the name of an ACTOR and he's not on General Hospital.

BrendaBarrettHospital's picture
17 November 2010
3 years 14 weeks

sassysdreams wrote:
BrendaBarrettHo - Sorry to break it to you but Steven Webber is a character on General Hospital. He's not a real person so no he's not leaving. The Steven Weber mentioned in the article is the name of an actor and he's not on General Hospital.

Thank You for breaking that to me.
Don't be sorry, I depend on sarcastic/rude people on the forum to appear from time to time. GLad you didn't disapoint.

Miry's picture
30 October 2008

@ troymcclure: ...& make it Carly's fault! She & Jason need to go on a break.
@ BrendaBarrettHo: LoL, that was funny.

BrendaBarrettHospital's picture
17 November 2010
3 years 14 weeks

Miry wrote:
@ troymcclure: ...& make it Carly's fault! She & Jason need to go on a break.
@ BrendaBarrettHo: LoL, that was funny.

I LOVE to be funny, glad you appreciate. lol Big smile

bishbay's picture
23 June 2010

Oh God I hope this mean he's leaving. His potato face and potato body are hard to look at, and his character is completely pointless and was a millstone around Maxie's neck forever.

curacaoman's picture
10 February 2009

Miry wrote:
@ troymcclure: ...& make it Carly's fault! She & Jason need to go on a break.

YES, YES, YES, YES, OH, PLEASE, YES!

16 June 2010
3 days 25 min

If any actor has a chance at a part, I say go for it. A longtime career on daytime has just gotten harder to accomplish in the last few years. Spinelli is not part of core family so in soaps you become expendable.

BrendaBarrettHospital's picture
17 November 2010
3 years 14 weeks

bishbay wrote:

And what was he doing at Alexis's today??????? Angry

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

Bishbay--

What exactly is a "potato body"?????

curacaoman's picture
10 February 2009

BrendaBarrettHospital wrote:
bishbay wrote:

And what was he doing at Alexis's today??????? Angry

That was so out of left field!

bishbay's picture
23 June 2010

Alstonboy, he's shaped like a potato. In a bad way. A boiled potato, actually, may be more apt.

Soap_Stud's picture
28 November 2008
4 weeks 35 min

Congratulations to Bradford. Hopefully, the show is picked up! When Spinelli first appeared in Port Charles, I really enjoyed him. However, these days I find him boring and predicable. I don't feel like the character has grown much and he seems to be trapped in the same kind of story/situations over and over. I use to root for Maxie and Spinelli, but now I want them apart. Again, I like Bradford, I just feel like maybe the character has run his course on the show.

ahanshew's picture
25 March 2008

Another under-utilized actor on GH going by the way side. I am not a huge Spinelli fan, but BA is a great actor and deserves this.

Cyberologist's picture
27 December 2007

I'm not a huge Spinelli fan either but I do like Bradford when he first came on he use to email me so I'm a Bradford fan

I do wish more for him than acting like a twelve year old being plot pointless all over GH for the most part.