Is a Baby The Solution to Jason's Grief on General Hospital?



Apparently Carly’s (Laura Wright) solution for Jason's (Steve Burton) grief over Jake's death is suggesting Sam (Kelly Monaco) get pregnant. Yet having children has solved so many of Carly’s issues, haven’t they? Maybe instead of trying to fix Jason’s problems, Carly should let him work through his loss in his own way, instead of meddling? Watch this week’s General Hospital promo after the jump!


Comments

No Daisy's picture
Member since:
12 January 2010
Last activity:
49 weeks 6 days

Oh please! GH can Bite me. They are not wasting any time are they? Jake who?

jlafferty23's picture
Member since:
21 June 2010
Last activity:
2 years 26 weeks

I don't a rats ass who this storyline insults or pisses off.
JaSam wanted a baby LONG BEFORE Jake was ever born..

It's time for Sam to have her baby. Period.

Member since:
22 December 2008
Last activity:
2 years 11 weeks

When you gotta kill a baby and fire an actress to continue to force a failed pairing down 'non-viewers' throats, the pathetic agenda became more pathetic.

Jason is a deadbeat, suddenly giving him another kid before the first kid he dumped is cold will help ratings exactly how? Nobody will realize how contrived and agenda ridden that is? Oh yeah, we're stupid and can be told what to like. Yeah, the ratings prove that doesn't work. Even with a stunt this big, they could only muster a 2.1.

1.7's were not a fluke, as soon as this crap plays out, they'll go right back, and stay there until cancellation, no doubt.

diallo41's picture
Member since:
17 January 2008
Last activity:
1 year 49 weeks

jlafferty23 wrote:
I don't a rats ass who this storyline insults or pisses off. JaSam wanted a baby LONG BEFORE Jake was ever born..

not for nothing but file me under pissed off!

Member since:
25 September 2008
Last activity:
3 years 1 week

This is my last comment i'm writing in here today. Because this site keeps making me change my password all the time, just because i don't comment everyday. I will only read the articles in here and that's it. Tongue

Member since:
8 August 2009
Last activity:
1 year 32 weeks

"I don't a rats ass who this storyline insults or pisses off.
JaSam wanted a baby LONG BEFORE Jake was ever born..

It's time for Sam to have her baby. Period."

So killing Jake justifies it??

Sam can go have her baby somewhere else. Because of this ridiculous story it's completely SLAUGHTERED the character of Jason Morgan. This shouldn't be about Jason and Sam's 'miracle' child.

It's pretty freaking tacky and disgusting.

jlafferty23's picture
Member since:
21 June 2010
Last activity:
2 years 26 weeks

elwood.

JaSam have a HUGE fanbase. Let's not pretend they don't, okay?
Because I know Liason has a huge fanbase, I am not bashing any of you or your couple.

But JaSam fans have waited for a baby for a very long time, why does this have to be a fanbase war, I commented and say what I said, because I know people are going to turn this into a fanbase war.

Why can't Liason fans just be like "I'm glad for the JaSam fans" ..geez.

When Rebecca Herbst was fired, JaSam fans gave Liz/Rebecca fans their sympthaies, and even called into ABC including me. I am not a Liz fan, but I did not want to see Rebecca lose her job, and to be honest, I didn't even want the Elizabeth character gone.

When it was revealed Jake was going to die, most JaSam fans, such as myself, told Liason fans "Sorry, this sucks"

I don't understand why everything turns into a fanbase war, it's stupid. we are all adults here.

Member since:
8 August 2009
Last activity:
1 year 32 weeks

jlafferty23 wrote:

Why can't Liason fans just be like "I'm glad for the JaSam fans" ..geez.

I think fanbase wars are stupid. Not trying to instigate any of it.

But it's very VERY hard to be graceful or even remotely 'understanding' about this story considering the absolute transparent agenda behind it.

Sorry but Liason fans have gotten enough crap from the show. NOT saying it justifies ugly nasty fanbase fights.

They let Becky go for a reason, they killed Jake for a reason. All for the simple story of giving Jasam a baby. Sorry but I can't be gracious or support that considering it's such a cheap, tacky way to go about it. One fanbase has been completely thrown under the bus because the head writers narrow-minded approach at storytelling and propping a couple. That's pretty low.

I'm happy for you but as a Liason fan, I'm completely fed up with this show. I've been thrown under the bus one too many times.

Member since:
5 December 2008
Last activity:
1 year 12 weeks

elwood123 wrote:
When you gotta kill a baby and fire an actress to continue to force a failed pairing down 'non-viewers' throats, the pathetic agenda became more pathetic.

Jason is a deadbeat, suddenly giving him another kid before the first kid he dumped is cold will help ratings exactly how? Nobody will realize how contrived and agenda ridden that is? Oh yeah, we're stupid and can be told what to like. Yeah, the ratings prove that doesn't work. Even with a stunt this big, they could only muster a 2.1.

1.7's were not a fluke, as soon as this crap plays out, they'll go right back, and stay there until cancellation, no doubt.
________________________________________________________

The hole forced couple failed pairaing can be said about Liason also. Ppl act like JaSam lets be real it Sam who yall blame this on. I LMAO when reading stuff like this. OK first who says JaSam failed were. If you go by ratings they haven't. Every last couple has lovers, I don't care about them and non-fans. Tell us where it says JaSam failed.Polls they won those, Kelly has sold out fan events. Where does it say they failed. And one couple doesn't make or break GH.

This hole doublestandard I read is crap. OK first yall prise everything when it's Sam and Lucky tossed under the bus and looked like Kelly was leaving. When it was Jiz time it was all is well. Liason didn't make the ratings. And to say oh after this GH well get canned because of JASAM BS. Do you know there are other ppl and s/l's on this show. But you wanna blame everything on JaSam. Over a kid who isn't here or may not even happen. Also they tossed ppl into the mud to make Jake also. And GH ratings where fine when the hole Jake thing happend and afterward.

Also 1.7 ratings true GH did hit that but they came back up and were up from that for a while.

Member since:
3 September 2009
Last activity:
4 weeks 2 days

Jason had his chance and he blew it big time. He left Elizabeth and his real son in the cold and returned to the woman who put his son's life in danger. Remember the danger? The fans do, it was shoved down our throats for over 2 years. Neither of them deserve a child, especially the "ride and die chick." Does she plan on bringing the baby with her on stake outs? I will always say this was all agenda driven. The elephant is still in the room and no matter what they do, it will always be there.

jlafferty23's picture
Member since:
21 June 2010
Last activity:
2 years 26 weeks

melodieous87

What about when the JaSam fanbase was thrown under the bus?
From 2005-all the to early 2006, All Jason & Sam talked about was having a baby, they tried over and over again.
Jason sleeps with Liz ONCE and has her child, and then we find out Sam couldn't have children, or at least couldnt carry to term.

Guza has slapped alot of fanbases in the face.

I do feel for the Liason fans. Simply because Guza never actually gave you your couple, he waved a bone in your face, and then took it away while laughing. He never gave them a true storyline other then "Danger, Danger!" bull crap. I feel for you guys, I do.

But as a JaSam fan, I'm just happy that my couple is getting what they always wanted.

Member since:
22 December 2008
Last activity:
2 years 11 weeks

None of that changes the utter agenda around this. Again, if they wanted to give Jason a kid with her, then they needed to suck it up, and write the real story. This man hasn't change one thing about the 'danger-danger' and nobody buys that a kid got hit by a car on a quiet court (see we watch and remember what we saw/heard).

They wrote Jason as a deadbeat, they needed to suck that up and write a Jasam baby realistically. Jason has to OWN his douche status and raise another kid. But instead they tried to whitewash Jason by killing a kid and firing one of the most popular actresses on the show. Yeah, people bought it? You see MB's, nobody bought it.

It's bad story telling, that isn't Liason fans fault, that's your boy Frons. He ordered it, now they gotta live with it.

Member since:
5 December 2008
Last activity:
1 year 12 weeks

melodious87 wrote:
jlafferty23 wrote:

Why can't Liason fans just be like "I'm glad for the JaSam fans" ..geez.

I think fanbase wars are stupid. Not trying to instigate any of it.

But it's very VERY hard to be graceful or even remotely 'understanding' about this story considering the absolute transparent agenda behind it.

They let Becky go for a reason, they killed Jake for a reason. All for the simple story of giving Jasam a baby. Sorry but I can't be gracious or support that considering it's such a cheap, tacky way to go about it. One fanbase has been completely thrown under the bus because the head writers narrow-minded approach at storytelling and propping a couple. That's pretty low.

I'm happy for you but as a Liason fan, I'm completely fed up with this show. I've been thrown under the bus one too many times.
________________________________________________________________

I have to say when did it say SAM IS HAVING A KID. Also Sam was trash on for Liz/Jason/Jake. JaSam fans was trashed on also for the name of Liason. Lets no act like thats not true.

Sam and Jason was planning a family and Liz gets preg and has the same issue Sam has but her baby lived. Sam was at GH when she went into labor. Liz was in the back woods and her baby made it. Another smack in the face of JaSam and what their s/l was.

Sorry but you say Liason fans were tossed under the bus so was JaSam's.

Member since:
22 December 2008
Last activity:
2 years 11 weeks

You're not bragging about a 2.1 are you? 1.7's were for a long while. I'm not blaming Sam, I don't give a crap about Sam, she's another boil on the Borg's butt. She's stupid enough to take back a man that threatened to waste her, that's on her. But a 2.1 for a huge storyline like this? Even S&B's wedding got higher than that.

Again, if they wanted them to have a kid, they had to OWN how they wrote him, but they didn't, so this will FAIL hard.

It's not just Liason fans that notice the enormous whitewash Wink

jlafferty23's picture
Member since:
21 June 2010
Last activity:
2 years 26 weeks

elwood

When JaSam were first together, GH averaged 3.5, 3.6, the ratings went down in 2007, and Liason were together, so let's not play that game..

ratings are down because soaps are dying, not because a certain couple is together.

Member since:
5 December 2008
Last activity:
1 year 12 weeks

elwood123 wrote:
None of that changes the utter agenda around this. Again, if they wanted to give Jason a kid with her, then they needed to suck it up, and write the real story. This man hasn't change one thing about the 'danger-danger' and nobody buys that a kid got hit by a car on a quiet court (see we watch and remember what we saw/heard).

They wrote Jason as a deadbeat, they needed to suck that up and write a Jasam baby realistically. Jason has to OWN his douche status and raise another kid. But instead they tried to whitewash Jason by killing a kid and firing one of the most popular actresses on the show. Yeah, people bought it? You see MB's, nobody bought it.

It's bad story telling, that isn't Liason fans fault, that's your boy Frons. He ordered it, now they gotta live with it.
-----------------------------------------------------

Your boy Frons what please lets stop that cause he had no issue of tossing Sam and her fans under the bus for the hole SOS and BS afterward.

Yall Liason fans like to speak in broad big terms. Also name these MB. Cuase ppl on here also talked about it. Said sad she lopst her job and moved on. They said that on SOC also. So thats 2 boards where everyvbody "didn't buy it".

And they put that danger danger thing in for Liason. Liz brought that ish up. Thats on that couple so please. If Jason and Sam want to have a kid they will talk about it JUST LIKE THEY DID B4 THERE EVER WAS A JAKE.

Member since:
3 September 2009
Last activity:
4 weeks 2 days

In regards to ratings, GH was a solid 3 in the standings with Liason and Skate. They brought in solid numbers in the upper twos, low threes. The day Elizabeth told Jason the baby was his in the elevator, the rating was 3.3. Jasame never brought in those kinds of numbers. The next time the show had a rating over three was Sonny and Brenda's wedding. Well, I'll bet you anything, if Liason got married, they would have brought in huge numbers and saved themselves tons of $$. I mean, to have them get married with half the town against it, and Carly shooting daggers at Elizabeth and then sprinkle in Jake and Cameron at the alter with thier parents, that would have been "must see tv."

Member since:
5 December 2008
Last activity:
1 year 12 weeks

elwood123 wrote:
You're not bragging about a 2.1 are you? 1.7's were for a long while. I'm not blaming Sam, I don't give a crap about Sam, she's another boil on the Borg's butt. She's stupid enough to take back a man that threatened to waste her, that's on her. But a 2.1 for a huge storyline like this? Even S&B's wedding got higher than that.

Again, if they wanted them to have a kid, they had to OWN how they wrote him, but they didn't, so this will FAIL hard.

It's not just Liason fans that notice the enormous whitewash Wink
___________________________________________________________________

And it's not JaSam fans that notice the BS that they did for Liason either. The BS they did for them was crazy. And no one is saying yeah for 2.1. It is what it is. Gh ratings have dropped every year. I want the highest ratings they can get.

Ratings isn't based on one couple.

No Daisy's picture
Member since:
12 January 2010
Last activity:
49 weeks 6 days

I'll take no part in a fan base war, but I will say that the generalizations that Jasam fans were sypathetic about Becky being fired is a bit of an overstatement. If TIIC want Sam and Jason to have a child then fine, I don't have to watch. All I'm saying is that it would have been respectful if they had waited more than a week after Jakes death before starting the 'let me give you a child' talk.

Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
3 years 2 weeks

I find this storyline highly offensive and tacky given that Jake JUST died. Regardless of what is said....it is pretty clear they are trying to replace Jake with a new baby. I really don't care how many supposed years Jasam have wanted a baby...it's horrible timing. Horrible. Nothing they can say will make it ok and yes, it seems awfully convenient that they fired Becky and then killed off Jake and IMMEDIATELY are pimping this Jasam baby.

Michael is running around wanting to murder people, Joss now needs a bodyguard and Brenda will soon fear for her son's life too....all mob What part of ANY of that makes it ok for Jason to bring another child into this world??

The writing on this show is a disgrace and I fear to see what Guza will really write for this baby storyline. He is NOT to be trusted. Just remember that.

jlafferty23's picture
Member since:
21 June 2010
Last activity:
2 years 26 weeks

LizzeVee

Give me a break, seriously.

Like I said, why bring the other fanbase down? I'm choosing not to do this, but I have alot of information that can totally prove what you just said is complete fan fiction, but I won't.

jlafferty23's picture
Member since:
21 June 2010
Last activity:
2 years 26 weeks

This is the last comment I'm posting on this.

Liason fans, I really do feel sorry for you guys, theres no doubt you guys have been slapped in the face, but alot of fanbases have felt a good slap from Guza and his team, including JaSam.

I don't understand why this has to be fanbase war, we are all adults. Everyone has an opinion, and I totally understand that.

Not saying the Liason fans have to like this, but why bring the other fanbase down? When I say that I mean, why say "Liason's fanbase is bigger" "They are just trying to shove JaSam down our throat" implying that the JaSam fanbase is not big, I would say the fanbases are about 50/50, but then again, nobody will ever know because we can't count everyone that watches the show. I actually believe JaSam's fanbase could be bigger but you know what, I will not state that as a fact, because it's not, its my opinion and I don't want to insult anybody from the Liason fanbase.

Member since:
5 December 2008
Last activity:
1 year 12 weeks

LizzieVee wrote:
In regards to ratings, GH was a solid 3 in the standings with Liason and Skate. They brought in solid numbers in the upper twos, low threes. The day Elizabeth told Jason the baby was his in the elevator, the rating was 3.3. Jasame never brought in those kinds of numbers. The next time the show had a rating over three was Sonny and Brenda's wedding. Well, I'll bet you anything, if Liason got married, they would have brought in huge numbers and saved themselves tons of $$. I mean, to have them get married with half the town against it, and Carly shooting daggers at Elizabeth and then sprinkle in Jake and Cameron at the alter with thier parents, that would have been "must see tv."

AGAIN I GOTTA LMAO at a post like this.

OK Liason was together annd LuSam was trahed on. Which LuSam was a better overall couple imo. But whats funny is you know GH was at 2.3.2.1 when Liason was together. JaSam never brought in 3.3 you know GH was doing 3.3 when they were a full couple b4 they broke up.

If you wanna play the blame game on couples when JaSam broke up GH ratings dropped. And if Liason brought in high ratings WHY ARE THEY NOT STILL TOGETHER. ABC IS ABOUT MAKING $$$$ NOT PLACING FAKE COUPLES TOGETHER FOR OWN JOY. IF LIASON WAS THE RATINGS GRABBER WHICH MEANS $$$$ THEY WILL GO WITH THEM. PLAIN AND SIMPLE IF A 24 YR OLD COLLEGE STUDENT LIKE ME KNOWS THAT IM SURE TPTB KNOW THAT. WHY LOSE JOBS OF MANY PPL FOR A FAKE COUPLE.

Again while Liason wa togther and was the main couple the show ratings didn't sky rocket they were number 4. So you wanna place blame well there is some for your side.

Tell me why if Liason was the sole money getting why aren't they together. And don't blame Frons or back stage BS yall say. Cause he allowed the SOS and Liason.

Member since:
5 December 2008
Last activity:
1 year 12 weeks

jlafferty23 wrote:
LizzeVee

Give me a break, seriously.

Like I said, why bring the other fanbase down? I'm choosing not to do this, but I have alot of information that can totally prove what you just said is complete fan fiction, but I won't.

Just wanna say I agree and thankyou.

Member since:
28 July 2009
Last activity:
3 years 2 weeks

I think this whole story was terrble. Awful rushed writing. If this was all done to make way for a jason/sam baby then GH really has sunk to a new low. Killing off kids so not good story telling. Steve, Becky did a great job as usual, but this has ruined Jason Morgan for me. I can't watch this horrible writing anymore, tried to get back into the show but if this is the best they can do, no way.

GHvetfan's picture
Member since:
26 October 2009
Last activity:
1 week 14 hours

My dog died last week. I cannot count how many people asked me if I was going to get a new one. Some asked before the poor thing had been buried. I do not understand the concept of replacing a dog as easy as if it was a car. Forget the stupid fan war. Carly and Sam are suggesting that Jason father a child to replace Jake? Will a new baby replace a dead baby? I can see them buying him a new gun if he loses the one he has. But, you cannot replace a loved one with another. What kind of backass thinking is that?

Member since:
8 August 2009
Last activity:
1 year 32 weeks

mr.sam mccall1][quote=melodious87][quote=jlafferty23 wrote:

I have to say when did it say SAM IS HAVING A KID. Also Sam was trash on for Liz/Jason/Jake. JaSam fans was trashed on also for the name of Liason. Lets no act like thats not true.

Sam and Jason was planning a family and Liz gets preg and has the same issue Sam has but her baby lived. Sam was at GH when she went into labor. Liz was in the back woods and her baby made it. Another smack in the face of JaSam and what their s/l was.

Sorry but you say Liason fans were tossed under the bus so was JaSam's.

_________________________________________________________________

True. All fanbases have been thrown under the bus but Liason had the worst IMO. You can disagree or argue the point all you want. I'm not belittling Jasam fans plight at all. But try to understand where Liason fans are coming from. Liason had 10+ years of history before Sam even came into town (that is the TRUTH as well) yet constantly more than ONCE got the rug pulled out from under them simply because those in charge hate the pairing. Frons has made it quite clear how much he doesn't like the character of Elizabeth and doesn't get the 'appeal' of Liason so yeah we've been screwed royally from day one. First it was Courtney then Sam. And before anyone jumps on me I'm a JasonFF, he's the reason I watched this show in the first place. I watched him in every pairing and Liason has always stayed with me. Now tell me why I would want to watch him agreeing to have another child while his dead son is barely cold? Not must-see TV for me. They've destroyed Jason Morgan for me because of this.

Be thankful your half of the pairing wasn't fired 'due to storyline direction'. If that isn't blatant disrespectful agenda then I don't know what is. And the excuse that they didn't have anything to write for Elizabeth's character is absolute BS to me. They were planning to send Liz to the loony bin after Jake's death for Becky's exit, how....convenient. That to me trumps ANY 'losing child' or 'trashing' a character saga.

They were going to get rid of a hard-working talented actress to try and SELL a story. So incredibly sad and pathetic IMO.

To each his own, but GH is one hot-Jerry Springer-mess I don't want any part of anymore. If I want cheap and tawdry and lazy ass writing I'd tune into something else. lol

Member since:
24 September 2010
Last activity:
3 years 2 weeks

Wow Jake isn't even cold in the ground and Jason decides it's ok to have another kid and with the woman who deliberately put Jake in harm's way on more than one occasion. Yeah, that's not agenda.*RME* It's pretty pathetic that they have to fire an actress and kill a sweet little boy to sell a failing pairing. And this couple does bring down the ratings. If they're promoed or spoiled to be on they go down...like clockwork. Bottom line is Jason's life is no different than it was before when he refused to be there for Jake. It didn't magically get better and Michael is proof of that. Jason even thinking of it mere days after Jake's death is repugnant.

Member since:
22 December 2008
Last activity:
2 years 11 weeks

Yeah seems somehow a 2.4 is lower than a 1.7 but Jasam's don't count, so don't try to fight it Wink

This is being universally panned, it's not just Liason fans, but critics, other fans and main stream media. Fron's agenda has finally been exposed.

Killing a kid to give two mobsters another? One that didn't give a crap about the kid and one that wanted it dead? The kid isn't even cold yet. There are whitewashes (saving Jake) then there is this. At least even when they showed Sam save Jake, they didn't so something this incredibly insulting and obvious a week later.

Anyway, don't really care. It'll bomb harder than Pearl Harbor. GH is short lived anyway, so meh.

Member since:
3 September 2009
Last activity:
4 weeks 2 days

jlafferty23

Well, then we should agree to disagree on this topic because we will never see eye to eye on it.

But, the fact is what Sam did in regards to Jake and the danger she herself put him in and Jason still taking her back will always be the elephant in the room. And no matter how hard they try to make us forget it ever happened, it did. It will never go away.

In my opinion, it hurt the credibility of the show and it hurt the character of Jason Morgan deeply. The killing of Jake brought the show tons of very bad press and I don't see them recovering from it.