RUMOR REPORT: Is Ron Carlivati Heading to General Hospital?

Is One Life To Live's head writer Ron Carlivati packing up his truck and moving to Port Charles? According to OLTL's Robin Strasser he just may. The actress remarked on Twitter:

JUST TOLD but NOT told it wuz SECRET: Ron CARLIVATI to #GH as script writer-hopes 2 b co-head writer? Yo,I'm taking heat for leaving early?

Comments

jlafferty23's picture
21 June 2010
2 years 26 weeks

Don't get me wrong, Ron has done some great things for OLTL

But some of the stuff he does has me scratching my head, he is way to campy for GH.

It may work for OLTL but GH isn't that kind of soap.

22 January 2008

We all had a problem with Tarty, Alistair Crane, I called for Ron to be fired during the Rapemance. I know that particular part in my history as an "RC Apologist" gets washed over, but we at DC collectively hated the Rapmance and bashed it, but guess what? The Rapemance has been over. Since then we got Kish, Clint going rogue, TNT, Bo and Nora's reunion, Viki and Dorian vs. Echo and tons of other amazing stories. All soap writers have a couple of turkeys, are you still blaming Ron for the Rapemance or for what's on our screens now?

JAQ's picture
9 January 2011
2 years 42 weeks

What writer wrote the story of Shane being bullied??

lfad's picture
17 March 2010

Ron C. is overrated. He would be okay with his own soap that he created, but as HW of a show with a legacy, I don't think so.

I couldn't care less about GH, so big deal if he's headed there to help write the show to its conclusion.

5 July 2008

Saturday Night wrote:
I agree. Ron is a hack compared to Michael Malone or Claire Labine. Name one great, classic storyline that Ron has written. Anyone???

Personally I liked:
Asa's death & aftermath
Kyle & Fish
Shane's Bully story
The romance of Viki & Charlie
The romance of Cris & Layla
The fallout of Nash's death & the rapemance fallout
I liked the kAD Murders until Rebecca became involved
I liked Sky & Kim as characters
Kim & Clint

5 July 2008

JAQ wrote:
What writer wrote the story of Shane being bullied??

Thats Ron

AlistairCrane's picture
4 May 2008
2 years 37 weeks

What's on screen NOW is not good! What, you love the Fords? You liked the firings of Rachel, Schuyler, Kish and Kim? You liked Marty being trashed? Who cares if Susan Haskell acted it out well---doesn't change the fact that it was character assassination, plain and simple.

Ron gets a lot of praise because he replaced the god-awful Dena Higley, but the fact is, the only mark he's left on OLTL's history is a bad one. His crappy stories got this show cancelled.

22 January 2008

One Life to Live is the only soap not to lose any ground last season and is currently the most watched ABC Daytime soap, despite being cancelled. Love him or hate him, Ron C. proved he's the ABC soap head writer worth his paycheck. He and Frank managed to keep this show stable in 2010-11, sans promotion, marketing supporting, big movie star castings or Vanessa Marcils.

AlistairCrane's picture

The romance of Viki & Charlie
The romance of Cris & Layla
The fallout of Nash's death & the rapemance fallout
I liked the kAD Murders until Rebecca became involved
I liked Sky & Kim as characters
Kim & Clint

No, name CLASSIC STORYLINES written by Ron, not stories you liked. None of those qualify as "classics".

5 July 2008

I dont think he trashed Marty beyond repair. I just saw her lose everything that she loved and her mind included.

AlistairCrane's picture
4 May 2008
2 years 37 weeks

lfad wrote:

This. I don't watch GH but I do feel bad for its fans if this is true.

5 July 2008

Those are the stories I liked that RC wrote and im not apologizing for liking regardless if u consider them classic or not, AC

AlistairCrane's picture
4 May 2008
2 years 37 weeks

appleridge wrote:

She killed. She stole babies. It sends the message that if you get raped, eventually years later you will lose your mind and turn into a psycho. There is no saving Marty now, no way she will EVER be the good character I fell in love with all those years ago.

22 January 2008

Kish was definitely a classic soap story. What other writer actually managed to pen a fully-fledged love story between two men that was comsumated onscreen?

Asa's death and aftermath also was classically done. AlistairCrane, "classic", much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

AlistairCrane's picture
4 May 2008
2 years 37 weeks

appleridge wrote:

The poster you responded to asked people to name classic stories. You didn't.

5 July 2008

See I dont see that as an affect of her rape

I see that because Marty lost her baby, john and cole went to jail so she lost herself and lost her mind. When your not in the right mind you do things out of character.

I didnt see it as such a huge leap as some others did but thats just me

AlistairCrane's picture
4 May 2008
2 years 37 weeks

Jamey Giddens wrote:

I'm not the poster who brought "classic" into the argument.

P.S. Passions was the first soap to have a gay sex scene between Chad and Vincent. You can't say Vincent was a he/she because Chad didn't know Vincent was a hermaphrodite as Vincent managed to hide his vagina when they had sex.

AlistairCrane's picture
4 May 2008
2 years 37 weeks

appleridge wrote:
See I dont see that as an affect of her rape

I didnt see it as such a huge leap as some others did but thats just me

She didn't go crazy because of the rape, but it sends the message that raped women are pre-disposed to go crazy later in life.

5 July 2008

AlistairCrane wrote:
appleridge wrote:

The poster you responded to asked people to name classic stories. You didn't.

Like Jamey saidclassic is not the same to everyone

i agree with Jamey that Kish was Classic as was The bully story and the romance of Viki/Charlie

Clint going dark was classic

Matt hovering between life and death is classic soap

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

Jamey Giddens wrote:

I have no choice but to agree with Jamey because this statement is a fact whether or not I am a fan of RC or not. For the record, I am not a fan of RC's work and think he is overrated but, hey, he works hard and has kept many longtime viewers and added newer viewers as well. Big ups to him and if he can stop the hemorrhaging over at GH, more power to him. Personally, I think Garin Wolfe could improve the show with or without Carvialti.

5 July 2008

Anyone & everyone has the possibilty to go crazy regardless of what may have or not happened

As for Vincent/Chad. I thought he knew thats why he didnt consider himself gay

4 May 2009

Jamey Giddens wrote:

OLTL was cancelled on his watch, plain and simple.

AlistairCrane's picture
4 May 2008
2 years 37 weeks

appleridge wrote:

As for Vincent/Chad. I thought he knew thats why he didnt consider himself gay

He knew Vincent wasn't like other guys, but he couldn't figure out what.

5 July 2008

kish was the first flown blown fans follow the entire journey of a love story that happens to be between two men. You everything warts and all. It was the first to do a full-fledged triangle. OLTL treated Kish just like their straight counterparts

22 January 2008

Vincent and Chad had a sex scene on Passions, but they weren't a groundbreaking gay love story, AlistairCrane and you know it. Vincent was a hermaphrodite, who could look like a woman one minute and a man the next. You can't compare that madness to Kish. Sorry. Next.

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

AlistairCrane wrote:

Aww, I am kinda missing Passions. Reading this made me feel like "What the hell was I watching and kind of liking just a few years back?" Lol.

31 May 2011
2 years 32 weeks

Let's not forget how he trashed the return of Tina, possibly one of the top five most beloved character's in OLTL history, with his awful writing. And how Lindsay totally disappeared under his watch. Or how the Bo & Nora reunion has been a total snooze fest. And then there was the time-traveling crap. And Dorian's gay wedding, which made no logical sense. Or the disappointing return of Kelly. Or the killing off of Nash and Jared. Or the god-awful return of Mitch Lawrence. Or the disappearance of Rachel. Or the slow demise of the Vega family. Or the failure of Evangeline to return. Or the disappearance of fan-favorite Marcie. Or the Stacy debacle. And the Fords. And the endless 'Who's Rex's daddy' mess. And the list of crappy stories written by Ron C. goes on and on...

Face it, he sucks. The show has become a total cartoon under his watch. Personally, I don't even think it was this bad when Megan Mctavish was writing.

5 July 2008

Marland Fan wrote:
Jamey Giddens wrote:

OLTL was cancelled on his watch, plain and simple.

OLTL was canned because ABC/Disney want out of Daily Drama and thats the truth. Wouldnt have mattered who wrote it

5 July 2008

AlistairCrane wrote:
appleridge wrote:

As for Vincent/Chad. I thought he knew thats why he didnt consider himself gay

He knew Vincent wasn't like other guys, but he couldn't figure out what.

Well Chad was too stupid then. Cause as a gay man I can tell the diff between a penis and a vagina

22 January 2008

OLTL was cancelled on his watch, plain and simple.
***
Sorry, but no, not "plain and simple". If it was "plain and simple" the I guess Claire Labine is a "hack". Didn't Ryan's Hope get cancelled on her "watch", "plain and simple"? Sometimes cancellations are not the fault of the writers. Unlike AW, GL and ATWT, OLTL was cancelled when it was near the top of the soaps on the air. It has remained there since the cancellation news was announced. EW.com just reported it was the only soap to hold steady among key demos and even rose in total viewers. ABC wants out of soaps. It has nothing to do with writing.