Kim Zimmer on Ellen Wheeler: "Somebody Told Me She Was Working on a Farm Somewhere in Utah"

I really think Luke and I and the rest of the bloosphere should cut Kim Zimmer a check. From "sweating my balls off in Peapack" to her latest round of zingers in this week's Soap Opera Weekly (on newstands now), the daytime drama queen keeps giving good pull quote!

La Zimmer talked with the magazine about her new tome I'm Just Saying: Three Deaths, Seven Husbands and a Clone, My Life as a Daytime Diva, which among other things, delves into a DUI arrest and the anger issues she had to deal with because of her last few years on Guiding Light. We feel you girl; we were angry too! When asked if GL's final showrunner Ellen Wheeler had read the book, here's what One Life to Live's Echo di Savoy responded:

I don't know. I don't totally destroy her in the book. I do come around to say that she had a job to do and she did it very well, though I didn't agree with the way she did it. She did what she was told to do. She knows how I felt about her, that was no secret to her, so if she reads it, I don't think she'll be surprised or shocked. I don't even know where she is. Somebody told me she was working on a farm somewhere in Utah. I think she was ready to get out of the business after that whole debacle there [Laughs].

Jesus take the Wheel. The outrageous Zimmer's book drops August 2! For more deets visit kimzimmmer.net.

Comments

THEBEST's picture
12 February 2008

LMAO, gotta love Kim!!!!

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

Ellen Wheeler doesn't deserve to EVER work in daytime again, unless its as an ACTRESSS. She was always a fabulous actress. Executive producer? Not so much. Tragic. Absolutely tragic.

An_Emmy_For_Julia_Pace_Mitchell's picture
14 June 2011
2 years 27 weeks

Why can't that overweight, greedy, homophobic woman keep her mouth shut? Can't stand Kim ("It's all gotta be about me") Zimmer!!!

gato1's picture
29 October 2009

Is she homophobic Julia????

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

An_Emmy_For_Julia_Pace_Mitchell wrote:
Why can't that overweight....woman keep her mouth shut?...!!!

This is too much.. Laughing out loud

31 March 2008

Ellen's off writing her memoir entitled: "Bite Me Bitches! From Actor to Directing and Producing Daytime's Biggest Egos: I Made Millions while They Took Paycuts"

LOL!

4 May 2009

Quote:
Is she homophobic Julia????

I think she's referring to when Kim's son was set to play Luke on ATWT, then she pulled him out of the role when it was decided to make the character gay.

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

Kim reported that her son decided to pull out of the show to focus on other acting projects and sports. If she is homophobic, we'll probably never know for sure.

5 July 2008
1 day 1 hour

Im sorry but i saw the TV guide article which had excerpts a few months back and she says she showed up Drunk too GL and wished it died two years earlier

Then on TVLegends interview she claimed she had an equality agreement with GL that she could leave at the end of every year as long as she game them the notice P&G wanted. So if she hated GL so bad she shoulda quit instead

That coupled with Jamey on the podcasts saying Zimmer along with Strasser were showing out on the oLTL set cause they didnt wanna do comedy

Im sorry she may be a great actress but if i were EP i wouldnt put up with this CRAP

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

Oh, Ellen Wheeler is an easy target but she helmed a resurgence in GL when she joined as EP. There was Dinah's return, story for Crystal Chappell's Olivia and Jordan Clarke's Billy story and Tom Pelphrey was daytime tv's last great acting find. All of those actors won Emmy's during EW's reign. I am not an apologist for EW because she made huge blunders but P&G clearly wanted out of the soap opera business and there was little anyone involved could do to save GL or ATWT.

Nevertheless, Kim Zimmer is HILARIOUS and that's a great quote! I will have to pick up her book!

The_Moustache's picture
17 June 2009
1 week 53 min

Kim Zimmer is classless trash!

gato1 wrote:
Is she homophobic Julia????

At the time he was playing "Luke" ATWT's just aged Luke into a teenager her son was 15 yrs at the time. When ATWT decided to bring the character out as being gay they had to go with legal age actor ..enter Van. She is not homophobic she was concern for son and just getting into acting...the name calling amazes me when the rudest, loudest people are the insecure ones spouting the rant.

Soap_Stud's picture
28 November 2008

Oh, Zimmer is Zimmer. I love her for her work as an actress..not because I agree how she lives her personal life. I look at the soaps on the Web and then go back and look at GL in its last year and wonder why the soaps on the web look better..lol..Wheeler just wasn't ballsy enough to run a soap opera, but I will forever love her for her years as CIndy on AMC and Vicki/Marley on AW.

5 July 2008
1 day 1 hour

harlee490 wrote:
gato1 wrote:
Is she homophobic Julia????

Actually an actor does not need to be 18+ to play gay

marknsprmo's picture
14 June 2009

Kim Zimmer is an out there woman who is passionate about everything that is going on around her. There are not enough in your face, exhippie, heart on their sleeve women in show business. Too much of the time actors are very surface and above it all. Not Kim. She will gladly roll in the mud. She is strong, she is loud, she is woman! I will take her over the passive agressive bimbos that twitt about "oh my, please help me! I am so helpless!"

craigcp's picture
6 May 2009

Boy do I miss Reva, give her hell Kim. But I glad can continue to see her on OLTL, and Jeffery VanDorn.

craigcp's picture
6 May 2009

Boy do I miss Reva, giver her hell Kim. But I glad can continue to see her on OLTL.

matealestlmo's picture
9 July 2009

An_Emmy_For_Julia_Pace_Mitchell wrote:

An Emmy,

Do you have concrete proof that Kim is homophobic? Cuz let me tell you honey, I just sent her a private message on FB with your disgusting and despicable comments about her. I felt as though she deserves to defend her name. Unless you have ABSOLUTE, IRREFUTABLE, IRON CLAD evidence proving that she's homophobic, I suggest you keep your damn mouth shut!

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@Emmy: I just want to know why Julia deserves an Emmy for what she has done? Did I miss a scene? Wink Because you know the best she could get was a courtesy NAACP Award. I just wanted to know....

But anyways I'm sure Ellen Wheeler is down on the farm as the 5th wife of many.

matealestlmo's picture
9 July 2009

david46208 wrote:
@Emmy:But anyways I'm sure Ellen Wheeler is down on the farm as the 5th wife of many.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Good one David!

Ryan-Scott's picture
4 May 2009

Loved her as Cindy on AMC.

Ryan-Scott's picture
4 May 2009

Also, loved how Ellen released Ellen Weston as HW in her first few months as EP.

What has been said about GL under her has been covered good and bad so I don't need to repeat it.
That's my story and I am sticking to it kids.

Jorpa's picture
5 November 2007
1 week 1 day

An_Emmy_For_Julia_Pace_Mitchell wrote:

Wow! Jealous much? It's her book, and she can be "all about me" all she wants to. You don't have to read it.

I can't wait for the book to arrive in my mailbox!

Chilly Fan 25's picture
1 July 2009

I have always loved Kim Zimmer...and probably always will. Everyone always says Susan Lucci is the Queen of Daytime but for me it was Kim Zimmer, LONG LIVE REVA SHAYNE!!

As for Ellen Wheeler...well when she took up the reigns Guiding Light went downhill HFAST.

bishbay's picture
23 June 2010

Honestly was never a big GL fan but if Ellen Wheeler was in any way responsible for those musical interludes when characters would just walk across a parking lot or through a backyard for five minutes while a terrible song played...then I can't say I enjoyed her work.

15 October 2008

#DECEASED

Kim is my Reva Shayne Lewis forever. I miss GL, EW's high peaks were in the beginning and then toward the end it just favorites and some big actors laid dormant...JVD! GL lost a few big name actors on her watch. She also had a few big name actors come on canvas. Regardless, she was the last EP of my favorite soap and in the end she wouldn't listen to fans and it was cancelled....The End Sad(

25 February 2009
1 week 1 day

Personally, I enjoyed her television work. I actually saw KZ in West Hollywood in the early 2000s. She was ordering her friends drinks at a bar.

marknsprmo's picture
14 June 2009

Of course Kim Zimmer loves gay people! And we love her back. Noone that out there and on the edge could possibly be a hater.

21 April 2008

KZ and her husband's decision about ending their son's tenure on ATWT wasn't about legality or homophobia. Their son was 15 and still in high school when he was doing ATWT and she knew that once the show made his character gay, he'd have a much more front-burner role and would have to reschedule practically his whole life around work and she didn't think he should have to do that at such a young age. He and his parents agreed that he should leave and concentrate on finishing school.