Daniel Goddard Wants Colin to Threaten to Cut Off Victor Newman's Legs on Young and Restless!

General Hospital might be sidelining the mob, but The Young and the Restless hunk Daniel Goddard (Cane) is hoping Genoa City will soon be cementing the Atkinsons (featuring two GH alums) as a bona fide crime dynasty, complete with TV pop Tristan Rogers (Colin) going head to head with Victor Newman (Eric Braeden) and/or Jack Abbott (Peter Bergman). Goddard in this week's CBS Soaps In Depth:

Genoa City really does't have a crime family," points out Goddard. "You've got Victor and Jack going at each other, but Colin is really a take-no-prisoners kind of guy. He knows what he wants and goes after it."

Goddard goes on to say he believes Rogers vs. Braeden and/or the former Robert Scorpio from Port Charles vs. the former Dr. Cliff from Pine Valley would "clash wonderfully onscreen."

'You have such wonderful potential there, where Colin could go, 'I don't know how you do it over here in America, but if you do that again, I'll have your legs cut off!"

Can I please, please, pretty please with vodka on top, be on the set the day Eric Braeden reads a script like that? For more of what Goddard would like to see happen on Y&R, pick up this week's CBS Soaps In Depth, on newstands now.

Comments

matealestlmo's picture
9 July 2009

A few choice words for Daniel:

OVER MY DEAD BODY!!! I cannot stand you anymore Daniel and I for one wish MAB had left you dead and gone. After seeing you taking an almost naked pic of yourself, that tells me that you're self absorbed and a jerk!

3 days 51 min

Of course we need more crime on Daytime Television. Sick

Y&R is as bad as it is ... but I don't want to see this crap. Come on now! Get to what Y&R was really about.

Bill Bell would roll over in his grave, if Goddard's wishes become true.

Honestly I would like to know for some actors when they just should keep their thoughts to themselves. First Genie, now Goddard ... and that all in one week.

Ryan-Scott's picture
4 May 2009

Crime families reign supreme on ANOTHER show....

matealestlmo wrote:
A few choice words for Daniel:

I couldn't agree with you more. This whole Aussie bunch and Genie Francis are all just horrible.

Forever21's picture
22 April 2011

Yes Colin v Victor bring it on! Jack v Victor rivalry is played out and stale. If it leads to Genevieve v Nikki that is even better.

matealestlmo's picture
9 July 2009

Forever21 wrote:

Where's alstonboy when I need a barf bag! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

3 days 51 min

It will just let Y&R viewers turn off the show even more. It's just horrible! And no, I don't want Nikki Newman on a rivalry with that horrible character that this aussie mob wife is. Just thinking about it makes me angry.

At that point, I just want the Atkinsons off my screen!!!!

19 August 2010

I would love the Atkinson's to stay especially Colin and this is coming from a 30+ plus viewer. Honestly, the show need a new family to give the core family such as the Newman, Chancellor and Abbotts new people to fight with. I swear if I see another Victor/Jack feud I'm going to barf. It's old and tired. I'll take any feud over another Jack and Vic feud. Sometime you have to bring in new blood to keep everything from getting old.

14 June 2011

GC already dabbled with the mob element back during the time of Bobby Marcino's "Gentleman's Club" with Brittany Hodges and MTS's Nikki was involved also. As I recall Victor ended up going in and saving Nikki, Bobby wound up dead and Brittany was pregnant with his child and ended up leaving the canvas after reconciling with her parental units...That was more than enough-let's not go there on a regular basis...Cleaning up the criminal element on one show doesn't mean we have the stomach to have it transfer to another... Innocent

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

He's an idiot who obviously has no idea about the history of the show he's been on for a few years now. The show had mob elements under LML with Bobby Marcino and everyone agreed that that wasn't a good fit for Y&R.

If he wants a chance to play a mobster he should start auditioning for parts elsewhere.

What was I saying yesterday about some actors should never open their mouths except to say the lines somebody else wrote.......?

3 days 51 min

The Bobby storyline was well written and was enough for me as well. And yeah, maybe it's time for another core family ... but I don't need the mob on Y&R. I don't need an overacting Genie Francis, who thinks she's the Helena Cassadine of Genoa City.

Y&R used to be so intelligent about their rivalries and about family. The Y&R I remember and love had character well written storylines. It wasn't full of plot holes, written after plot and about some soulless characters.

As I recall the current Y&R regime isn't even good about writing crime mysteries anyway. Look at the latest murder mystery mess. With this all ... Y&R should stay the hell away from making this family a prominent feature of the show.

ldylkng's picture
14 July 2009

Go away Goddard! AND STAY!

Take Mommie Dearest with you!

SoapArmageddon wrote:

You have to be talking about Daniel/Cane and what a waste he is on this show or any other show.

Forever21's picture
22 April 2011

matealestlmo wrote:
Forever21 wrote:

Where's alstonboy when I need a barf bag! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

BWAHAHA I am pro Atkinsons. Gene and Colin are the first new characters that have held my attention in a long time. They may even make Cane interesting

16 August 2009

Oh for the love of God, STFU Daniel Goddard! The last thing Y&R needs is a fucking cattle-rustling moofia! Y&R already has two core families it is not using: the Winters and the Fisher/Baldwins. Y&R does not need to start imitating GH.

Be glad someone at CBS/Sony felt your job was worth saving. Just smile, nod and look like you're trying really hard not to fart, or practice Blue Steel from Zoolander or whatever that weird pursed lip face it is you do.

3 days 51 min

Shock Forever21, Must be a long time since you saw some good stuff in daytime. The storyline that brought the Atkinsons to GC was horrible and showed almost everything what's wrong in this business (including the retreated firing of Goddard). And the character outline for Colin and his estranged wife are so poor that I don't believe that there are people on this world like this horrible couple. Killing their children by accident, hating each other, wanting to kill each other ... only to end up in bed together. That's not what I want to see on a daily basis. Not on Y&R. We already have GH for that, where people can make excuses for killing, hurting and firing guns at each other just because of business...!

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

Matealestimo-

Both Daniel Goddard and Cane are WORTHLESS Y&R fixtures. Absolutely worthless. The wallpaper has more purpose. And before all of you "Lane" fans come out of the woodwork and remind me that Lily and Cane have such a strong fan base out there......yadda, yadda, yadda..........let me remind you that I don't give a GOOD KITTY about their fan base because they have never been and never will be a supercouple.

Goddard needs to go!!!

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

The sad part is that MAB might actually listen to this fool. It all depends on whether she's in the mood to wear Jimmy Choos or Louboutins.

6 July 2010

Nothing wrong with throwing out ideas. Victor has become a mobster so what's the difference if there's another mob family? LOL Genevieve doesn't fit,but Colin does and mob family is not necessary.

THE CHANCELLOR STORY SHOULD COME FULL CIRCLE the writers should connect to the beginning. How about Katherine & Jill living with an actual Chancellor man again almost like 38 years ago except they aren't fighting over him as a lover.

Quote:
Let's say Phillip Chancellor II had a younger brother. When Katherine killed P2, the young man took off to Australia and made a new life from himself away from Genoa City.

Colin is Phillip Chancellor II's younger brother Crown. No wonder he has fallen so deeply in love with Jill Love. And he is the man to take over and run the company his brother started. He can mentor both Chance and Cane to take Chancellor Industries into the future. Jill becomes queen bee of the home with her new husband, and Jill and Colin treat her well despite her constant meddling and attempts to control their lives.

GHfan-4now's picture
29 August 2010

**********

ROTFLMAO Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

marknsprmo's picture
14 June 2009

I swear to God if Y&R starts in with the mob, I will not watch it ever again. I hope that Maria Bell will have more sense than to do that to the audience. Yes Bill Bell had mob stories. More than one even. However they were contained and the contract characters where there to bring down the mob not work there. Yes it is ok to have a mafia story. No it is not ok to have a mafia show! I can barely stand to watch the show right now as is. Days of our lives is better right now than Y&R. And that is saying ALOT.
I am not enjoying one thing Y&R is doing. Well I am not hating this buddy sex/business partnership that Phyllis and Nick have entered into. It is kind of light and fun compared to the rest of the show which is doom and more doom. Then a little gloom to change it up. I can not wait till the murder "mystery" is over. I also can not stomach one more Tucker v. Kay moment. I personally am on Kay's side. She is trying to do what she thinks is right for Tucker who is deminished capacity. Atleast she is not ass kissing him like his employees do. However I would like for Kay to find out about the nekkid kid's part in the accident.

matealestlmo's picture
9 July 2009

Forever21 wrote:
matealestlmo wrote:
Forever21 wrote:

Where's alstonboy when I need a barf bag! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Are you seriously deluded?! Are you even watching the same show I am?! Make Cane interesting again?! Oh please! I just finished dinner and I don't want to have to ask Alstonboy for another barf bag!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

matealestlmo's picture
9 July 2009

alstonboy4315 wrote:
Matealestimo-I am here, but I only have one barf bag, so you can have it when I am done, my friend. LOL!Goddard needs to go!!!

Well, I fell asleep waiting for that barf bag Alston. It's a good thing my bed didn't get messy! LOL

27 December 2009

Simply ewww......

Let me guess Kevin will be Colin's "Johnny" (GH reference). Please, no mobster crap. Y&R rarely does that crap well.

19 August 2010

It doesn't really have to be a crime family, just another family in business, one that can interact with Newmans or Abbotts or Chancellors and one they can fight with. Is anyone else beside me tired of the same repetitive fight with the Abbotts and Newmans? Everybody have slept with each other..Victor and Jack have slept with every female except Kaye and Lauren lol..We need new people.

Damn the torpedoes....pass the barf bag. I have already stopped watching lately...but if the ship is righted I would be back in hot second. We don't need NEW people what we need is GOOD writing for these amazing characters Y&R has right now on canvas. If this happens when Y&R's renewal date comes up by 2014 it will be cancelled because of the erosion of the ratings. Then we will have Sony & Bell Dramatic Productions doing a DOOL with a reboot wanting fans to "come back" and it might be to late. This will be Days' last chance and if the tide doesn't turn NBC won't renew. So how do we long time fans start the campaign to stop this bleeding mess now and band together to correct this disastrous direction by contacting CBS, Sony & Bell? If anyone knows how contact them please let me know because I'm will fight. I fought for AMC & OLTL not being the long time fan as many on here were to help. I want a campaign to stop MAB's destruction!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Forever21's picture
22 April 2011

matealestlmo wrote:
Forever21 wrote:
matealestlmo wrote:
Forever21 wrote:

Where's alstonboy when I need a barf bag! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

!Daniel Goddard needs to back to Australia and never be seen on American TV again! I'll be 43 in a few months and that would be a nice b-day present but I'm sure that "she's got her head stuck up her ass" MAB won't even grant that!

No but seriously are you psychotic? Who said anything about making Cane interesting AGAIN? I find him boring and I said the Atkinsons MAY make him interesting.

Ryan-Scott's picture
4 May 2009

Y&R's next time in the renewal sling is 2014? Thanks Harlee. I didn't know that.

Forever21's picture
22 April 2011

soapjunkie88 wrote:

That is MAB's writing. I haven't cared about any of the other new characters she has brought on but I like Colin & Gene. I enjoy Gene/Colin/Jill scenes and if they want to extend it to a Colin/Victor rivalry thats cool. Victor needs a new strong enemy

5 August 2011
2 years 25 weeks

Y&R has become pretty bad. Can't stand the Genevieve character....it's as if they are just trying to ram her down the viewers throats....but in reality it is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole....just doesn't work....nor will it ever work. The character and the portrayer are disliked by the majority of viewers and MAB can try all she likes, but it won't change. The dye has been cast.
So here is the question. Where is Nikki? MAB says she is coming back. MTS says she hasn't been on set since the end of April and still has not been contacted to come back to Y&R. Can anyone....ANYONE.....tells us why Melody Thomas Scott/Nikki Newman is no longer on the show??? Why they say she is coming back but MTS says she hasn't seen a script....and they film 6 weeks out so we are now looking at October for her return....at the earliest?
And with Diane's murder, it makes no sense that she is not there in this story line. IS MAB being payed to insure Y&R is cancelled??
Or is it the work of Sony?