BREAKING NEWS: All My Children Casting Director Judy Blye Wilson Goes to Y&R!

The Young and the Restless has reportedly hired All My Children's Daytime Emmy-winning casting director Judy Blye Wilson. During her tenure at AMC (1991-2011),Wilson was responsible for introducing daytime to Billy Miller, Brittany Allen, Eden Riegel, Josh Duhamel, Melissa Claire Egan, Stacy Haiduk, Denise Vasi and countless others. Reportedly, Wilson had hoped to continue on with AMC, but never heard an offer from Prospect Park.

Comments

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

She will have to work for YEARS to make up for giving us Denise Vasi....

But despite being a weathered old hag who lost her REAL grasp with reality YEARS ago, she's still WAAAAYYY better than the woman/person who has been casting Y&R for the past few years.

5 July 2008

Bye Bye Camille St Cyr dont let the door smack in the ass on the way out

Maybe PP will have one casting Director for AMC & OLTL?

GHfan-4now's picture
29 August 2010

I'll give her Billy, Eden, Josh, Melissa and Stacy... Wink

1 July 2009

Agree GHfan, she has had her misses (ie Denise Vasi), but she did score with Billy, Eden, Melissa, and Stacy!!

Congrats!!

Ryan-Scott's picture
4 May 2009

Cool.

GHfan-4now's picture
29 August 2010

right, keanna! she scored with some good ones, while the others were clearly just pretty faces with clean teeth, lol! i do wish her congrats as well!

11 April 2009

Alstonboy,

"Weathered old hag"? Can you be anymore sexist? Producers and the networks have the final say on casting.

DaytimeFan0001's picture
23 April 2008

Camille St. Cyr must have crossed out all her connections in her D-List little black book.

27 December 2009

This chick does a WAY better job than the current Y&R casting director. I have never seen so many "WTF" casting choices in my life for one show.

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

alstonboy4315 wrote:

Alstonboy, it's only Monday, but I'm officially certifying this line as the best of the week. Big smile

Coffee_Junkie's picture

I wish she'd do something to keep Tristan Rogers on the Y&R payroll.

The_Moustache's picture
17 June 2009
1 week 14 hours

I wonder if she'll try and get Eden Reigel and Stacy Haiduk back to the show??

29 July 2011

Dyllan wrote:

this

Y&R casting director should have been fired years ago.

29 July 2011

The_Moustache wrote:
I wonder if she'll try and get Eden Reigel and Stacy Haiduk back to the show??

I wonder if there is going to more AMC castoffs on the show now.

marknsprmo's picture
14 June 2009

I am not sure why bother to change casting directors to the AMC casting director since they only hire ex AMC actors anyway..... Well except for their penchant to hire the occasional GH actor.... In fact Y&R is starting to look like the elphant boneyard for soap actors that came to die! God forbid they hire someone who hasn't proven oneself in another venue! Between the night time stunt casting and the castoffs from other shows that is pretty much the entire current cast of Y&R.

12 April 2009

I don't know if this woman will be any better, but she sure as heck can't be any worse. One can just pray that Eden Reigel will not be brought back again. I just can't deal with her squeaky voice anymore.

18 December 2007
1 week 1 day

Wasnt she the one who said 'we hire models because you can teach someone to act but you cant teach them to be beautiful/handsome'? I wouldnt be bragging on some of those casting choices ... for every Eden or Billy there was a Denise or a Brittany

SoapArmageddon wrote:
alstonboy4315 wrote:

As usual my man, Alstonboy, is right on!

angrierblackerman's picture
8 September 2009

I'm in the minority, but I think Judy Blye Wilson has done a fantastic job on AMC throughout the years. Yeah, a few missteps (Denise Vasi, Jonathan Bennett[J.R.], Sarah Glendening), but overall I think she has done a good job.

I wonder who they will get now for Prospect Park?

She has made some big blunders in recent hires being a newer viewer the last few years. I don't know her history w\AMC, after reading some of posts now and digesting everyone's opinion, this can't be great news for Y&R. If Y&R needed (which they do) a new casting director with high credentials what about Jimmy Bohr? He is assistant at the theater department for acting right here in Columbus @ OSU since 2006.

Jimmy has been casting director over ATWT, & AW in the '90s and he found some amazing talents. He worked under as assistant to best casting director in the history of daytime Betty Rea on GL from 85-89. He made some finds in placing actors on each show. Betty was casting for all P&G soaps in the early to mid-eighties until permanent casting director could be brought on the shows, it's when ATWT & AW was both trying to find direction, was big changes happening bring in Doug Marland & returning Harding Lemay, where at the time GL was cooking and #4 in ratings. Because of Pam Long, Jeff Ryder, HWs and Gail Kobe as EP.

Betty and him found Martha Byrne as a teen, Liz Hubbard for ATWT and Charles Keating for AW for example.

Help find for ATWT in late '90s - Scott Holroyd (Paul pre-Roger CBS wanted to recast Paul not ATWT) Hunt Block recast, Mary Beth Evans recast,

He was casting director of AW at the time for AW Tim Gibbs, Lindsay Lohan, Amy Carlson

Kim Zimmer, Michelle Forbes, Sherry Stringfield, as assistant to Betty on GL after she retired he was casting director and help P&G in all their soaps. He spent over Cythnia Wattros to GL

This is just few, I mean he did learn from the best Betty Rea.

Y&R needs help in the casting department badly and he could be wonderful choice. His record speaks for himself.

14 December 2008

Good riddence to her on AMC, God help the Y*R fans.

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

Next up Chuck Pratt takes over the writing reigns at Y&R and tells the cast to Forget what you know about Y&R! Wait Maria has already done that!

david46208 wrote:

LMAO...HEHE

12 July 2008

Why do they even need a new casting director. They have so many talented underused cast members. There is no place for new faces. They should hire a new head writer, a new co head writer and thats it, but not some lame old woman which is clearly overrated.

27 December 2009

Quote:
Good riddence to her on AMC, God help the Y*R fans.

LMAO....you obviously have not seen the work of Y&R's previous casting director. I can't think of worst casting director...EVER. I mean there was some truly just "WTF" casting choices that made ZERO sense.

10 September 2010

Um....what good does this do if MAB is still going to want reality stars? MAB is the EP...she trumps casting director!!!!

1 September 2011
2 years 6 weeks

New Casting Director? Are you kidding me? They don't need new casting directors, they need new WRITERS.

Blah. This "Breaking News" means nothing unless they decide to clean house and fire MAB & Co, too. This show is in dire need of a miracle. It needs a new team of writers who are actually QUALIFIED to work and know the histroy of the show, as well as the characters. Otherwise, I don't see Y&R surviving for another year.

They also need to 'can' the person in charge of all the misogyny and degrading of women that's been going on. What world are these people living in? Seriously. No women I know nowadays is anybody's bitch.

FIRE MAB & CO! THEY need to GO!!!

marknsprmo's picture
14 June 2009

When you are the boss and it is your fault that things have gone south, it is not uncommon to fire everyone else. Who knows if she likes firing all these people and replacing them, maybe she will like it soo much that she will fire her writing staff and get some better writers!

4 March 2009

alstonboy4315 wrote:
She will have to work for YEARS to make up for giving us Denise Vasi....

Decades for giving us ER.... the current YR casting director hired her and we all know how how that casting choice on YR turned out.... not sure this is a step in the right direction.... Maybe ER was great on AMC but I've never seen a worse recast in all my years of watching YR.

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

The last Mackenzie recast was about as bad as Eden and Darius M. and Maura West, one of my top five favorite daytime actresses, should never have been brought on as Diane.