Dumbest A** General Hospital Plot Twist Ever: Johnny is Really Claudia's....(SPOILER ALERT)






Mother of Medusa's hairdresser, Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati came just in the NICK of time to save General Hospital from Jill Farren Phelps and Garin Wolf. This week's Soap Opera Weekly reveals the insane plot twist that Johnny Zacharra (Brandon Barash) is really the late Claudia Corinthos' (Sarah Brown) son, not her brother! What in high hell?!

Barash is only four years younger than Brown in real life. When exactly was Claudia supposed to get pregnant with him, at kindergarten? Jesus take the wheel... To read more about this stank plot twist, pick up the Jan. 31 issue of SOW. 

Photo of Sarah Brown courtesy of ABC


Comments

GH4ever's picture
Member since:
18 January 2012
Last activity:
2 years 10 weeks

Oh and I love love love the idea of Sam and Johnny as half siblings as long as Trevor Lansing isn't the father. Y'all remember Sam and Ric, right? Let's not go there please.

soapbaby's picture
Member since:
7 April 2011
Last activity:
7 hours 6 min

Bourgeois Nerd wrote:
I really don't have a problem with this in regards to actors' ages or whatever. That's just soaps; they do ridiculous things with ages. I have a problem with the story because... WHY? Why bring this up now, when Claudia is long dead? And how, exactly, is this blackmail material for JOHNNY?

^^ I totally agree. Why should we care now that Claudia is dead? The opportunity for high-drama has been missed. Claudia was by far the most interesting member of The Zacharra family. Without her the family is not needed and hopefully the new creative team will feel the same way I do! Be gone, the whole lot of 'em!

Member since:
14 December 2008
Last activity:
19 weeks 3 days

Well isn't this nice? Another mess for Ron and Frank to clean up!

strato's picture
Member since:
30 April 2010
Last activity:
1 year 39 weeks

Soapbaby, that's your opinion, Johnny has A LOT of fans as well as BB. I don't think that it is time to piss a lot of GH fans right now by writing Johnny off... JMHO of course. And even if I hate Sonny or Dante I would never write "Be gone, the whole lot of 'em" as we are still speaking of people potentially losing their job here!

GH4ever's picture
Member since:
18 January 2012
Last activity:
2 years 10 weeks

I actually like Johnny. He just hasn't been given good storylines. My wish is that the new guys get rid of every actor not on the show at least a year; write stories for those that are left, and only bring back old characters (NO MORE NEWBIES) until we're sure GH is going to survive the transition. That would put an end to the stories that aren't working and maybe bring back lost viewers if more old favorites return.

And, this is just a thought
. I've wondered how it would play out if Sonny and Jason really tried to get out of the mob, you know for Sam and the baby and Kate, but Michael gets sucked in. They could have him go all out, no nice guy at all. . . No ambiguity. Think of the drama. It's their worst nightmare come true. It could be great and eventually kill the mob as heroes for good. I've heard that Mo wants his character to go in a different direction and has for a while now. So, I think he'd be up/for it. But, I've read that SB won't do a soap unless he gets to play a "cool" pitman. But, I digress. Sorry! Smile

Madithusa's picture
Member since:
29 August 2009
Last activity:
1 year 6 weeks

Well said Strato and GH4ever Beer Beer Beer

I fully agree with you Strato and I would be so mad if they write Johnny off as he is by far the best male character of GH. Time to use him for once!

And if Ron writes him off for one of the OLTL character, I am done with this show. But reading that Johnny is FINALLY getting a storyline and that he could be Sam half brother I am quite happy and hopeful Smile

GH4ever's picture
Member since:
18 January 2012
Last activity:
2 years 10 weeks

I meant hitman. Oops, danged autocorrect!

Member since:
12 August 2010
Last activity:
2 years 10 weeks

What's the point of all this the woman is dead. As if he could hate Sonny anymore. Absolutely pointless !

Member since:
12 August 2010
Last activity:
2 years 10 weeks

What's the point of all this the woman is dead. As if he could hate Sonny anymore. Absolutely pointless !

Perkie's picture
Member since:
24 October 2007
Last activity:
8 hours 30 min

For me, it's not about the ages of the actors, but what they've shown us onscreen. Johnny was 6-7 to Claudia's 16-17 and they clearly showed us that backstory, but now they want to change that backstory so she can have been his mother. Why?

Shut up and write decent stories for the characters as they are, instead of changing what's already written. GUH.

GH4ever's picture
Member since:
18 January 2012
Last activity:
2 years 10 weeks

Perkie, I don't remember them discussing their ages but maybe that's just me. I'm still OK with it even if they did though because Claudia's no longer on the canvas. I can go with the flow. Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time I've thought WTF? Then 2 weeks later, I'm shrugging my shoulders and enjoying the story. I admit it would be harder to do if Claudia/Sara was still on the show. I hope it's true and they connect him to Sam somehow, too. Brandon deserves a story of his own. He's a terrific actor and one of many wasted talents on the show!

Perkie's picture
Member since:
24 October 2007
Last activity:
8 hours 30 min

GH4ever, I vaguely remember a couple of flashbacks of a young Johnny and a teenage Claudia, which is why I assumed they were the ages that I gave them. I think Claudia had also said that Anthony had sent her away to Uncle Rudy when she was a late teen, because of something that happened (maybe with Trevor??) and JOhnny remembered her being sent away as he was a young child.

I just don't want them to retcon something, and mess stuff up, just to fascilitate war #456 for Sonny and an enemy. There's already enough reason for Johnny to hate Sonny without adding the fact that Claudia was his mother and not his sister.

Also, it changes the dynamic of Anthony and JOhnny's relationship as they would now be grandpa/grandson instead of father/son, and it changes the whole story about Anthony shooting Johnny's mother which is the cause of so much animosity between them.

Claudia was an interesting character until they hooked her up with Sonny and messed it up. I say leave well enough alone.

GH4ever's picture
Member since:
18 January 2012
Last activity:
2 years 10 weeks

OK, I see your point about rewriting history. It's just not a big deal to me. . . In this case. I have had problems with rewrites in the past myself so I feel your pain. And, I definitely don't want this to be yet another story about Sonny and Jason.

soapbaby's picture
Member since:
7 April 2011
Last activity:
7 hours 6 min

strato wrote:
Soapbaby, that's your opinion, Johnny has A LOT of fans as well as BB. I don't think that it is time to piss a lot of GH fans right now by writing Johnny off... JMHO of course. And even if I hate Sonny or Dante I would never write "Be gone, the whole lot of 'em" as we are still speaking of people potentially losing their job here!

@strato - I take offense that you would imply that I would wish anyone to be unemployed because I don't think a CHARACTER serves a purpose on a show. Then every poster here who ever stated that GH doesn't need the characters of Shawn, Ewen, Lady in White, Officer Padilla or Maggie would be accountable if said actors lost their job. That's not a way you should disagree with people or garner support for your posts.

For the record, I think Brandon Barash is a fine actor but the CHARACTER of Johnny Zacharra has been 'twisting in the wind' his entire run on GH. The Zacharras were introduced as a vehicle for Sarah Brown's Claudia and without her, they have no purpose. JMHO.

GH4ever's picture
Member since:
18 January 2012
Last activity:
2 years 10 weeks

OMG, I hate that we have to wait until Monday. The suspense is going to drive me crazy!

Verdilover's picture
Member since:
18 August 2011
Last activity:
1 year 39 weeks

soapbaby wrote:

For the record, I think Brandon Barash is a fine actor but the CHARACTER of Johnny Zacharra has been 'twisting in the wind' his entire run on GH. The Zacharras were introduced as a vehicle for Sarah Brown's Claudia and without her, they have no purpose. JMHO.

Soapbaby, "for the record" Sonny, Jason, Trevor and Ric started discussing Anthony Z in July 2007 (but Anthony was seen for the first time as BW during the B&W Ball in November sweeps). Johnny appeared for the first time mid September 2007 stopping his car for Lulu who was hitchhiking. BB was supposed to stay only one month but the buzz for him and Lulu was such that they proposed him a 4 year deal a month later. I knew because I was a Logan and Lulu fan and it was the end of them so I couldn't stand Johnny at the time. It was said by Guza, Phelps and BB himself that the JoLu immediate big fan base was the reason BB was given this contract. It is only in December 2007 that SJB told Frons that she was available and ready to come back to GH. And as LW was not giving up Carly, they thought about adding her to the Trevor/Anthony/Johnny trilogy so that she could be a Sonny love interest. Her feet appeared for the first time the last day of January 2008 and her face the next Episode.

So Johnny was never introduced as a vehicle for SJB. SJB was created a tailor-made role but BB was given a contract because of JoLu not because of Claudia.

By the way, as much as I hated JoLu and Johnny at the time because it was the reason of the demise of Josh Duhon, I have come to truly love Johnny and as a Lulu fan, witnessing the disaster that LANTE has meant for the Lulu character, I would take back JoLu anytime, at least Lulu was alive and kicking at that time (never thought I would one day consider that JoLu is better than another Lulu pairing LOL).

So to summarize, yes making Claudia Johnny's mother makes zero sense but as many said it, SORASing characters is stupid also so if this gives material to Johnny and makes him Sam's brother I will be happy. Killing Johnny and keeping Dante alive for example would be one of the dumbest move of the show as I see so much more hatred for the Dante character than for Johnny... So sorry if I insult the memory of my beloved Logan but I hope that Johnny will get more and more screen time as he is IMHO the character with the most undeveloped potential yet.

Ravennite613's picture
Member since:
10 December 2008
Last activity:
5 weeks 3 days

As one of Johnny's biggest fans I have no issue. Ive suspended belief for a lot less. In fact all i want is for them to put Johnny and Carly together.

And for the one who said Johnny is not needed I completely disagree he is by far the most interesting male character on this show. The man has everything and its a shame that its taken so long for him to get something to work with

cre8dave's picture
Member since:
12 January 2012
Last activity:
2 years 12 weeks

It's ridiculous.I stopped watching last year and will start again when Ron carlivati takes over and the Mannings join.Jeez,what's next.Kristina is Molly's mother!Gimme a break!

sassysdreams's picture
Member since:
1 January 2009
Last activity:
6 days 12 hours

Perkie wrote:
For me, it's not about the ages of the actors, but what they've shown us onscreen. Johnny was 6-7 to Claudia's 16-17 and they clearly showed us that backstory, but now they want to change that backstory so she can have been his mother. Why?

Perkie that's how I remember it as well. We saw flashbacks and heard that scenario from both Claudia and Johnny several times during Claudia's stay on the canvas. I don't see how a 10 year old can have a baby even in make believe land. Just thinking about it is disgusting! Is this what the new HW and producer plan on giving us cause if it is it's not looking good at all!!! Sick Sick

Nyx710's picture
Member since:
7 April 2009
Last activity:
48 weeks 1 day

Jamey Giddens wrote:

Johnny Zacharra (Brandon Barash) is really the late Claudia Corinthos' (Sarah Brown) son, not her brother! What in high hell?!

Barash is only four years younger than Brown in real life.

While I do think this is pretty bizarre, it's not totally out of the ballpark. The last few years I've noticed how, in story line, they seem to play down both Brandon/Johnny's age as well as Dominic/Dante's. I mean, let's look at the age gap btwn LisaLo and Dominic Z. Johnny's character seems to edge around late twenties (although the dashing Brandon is appearing more and more so in his 30's these days, what a fine "wine" he is... <3 ) So, if Claudia got preggers around 15 and Johnny is 27-ish, then that wold make Claudia 42. Also, Claudia is dead so if we last saw her at a vivaciously well taken care of 40 (i.e. she's not getting older dead) than Johnny can keep aging and it will still make sense.

It does kinda of account for the mother lion vibe I always got from Claudia in regards to Johnny. Perhaps we interpreted as a bit incestual and sexual b/c the were unnaturally close for siblings. As parent/child though, the tightness of their relationship actually makes more sense and has less incestuous undertones (looking back). I don't know, I'm open minded. Let's see how it plays out! Smile Will Claudia rise from the grave???? That'd be awesome too. I saw Sarah on her new soap the other day (was just dropping in for a visit) and didn't really fancy the show.

bandb64's picture
Member since:
19 January 2011
Last activity:
2 years 12 weeks

Claudia is not dead. If you will go back when Franko was taking picture of her. She got off the floor. Also Claudia could of had Johnny at the age of ten if she had her period. Most girl get there period at that age. So that would mean she could have been raped. And that is the reason why she and her dad hate each other. This is just my take on this. And I hope they bring her back and kills off Anthony I can't stand him. I just feel sorry for Johnny because he is going to find out the truth and not believe Sonny.

Cyberologist's picture
Member since:
27 December 2007
Last activity:
2 days 4 hours

Claudia Zacchara is dead & was well buried by the mobsters unless she was buried alive & Franco dug her up. Its fiction they can create whatever story they want. An actor can play a role older/younger, or a different ethnicity like Mariel Streep.

Why this story.... what difference will it make? Claudia is dead move on here is another example of Garin Wolf inability to tell an original story of his own... all he's been doing is picking Guza's bones.

GHvetfan's picture
Member since:
26 October 2009
Last activity:
1 day 4 hours

How does making Claudia Johnny's father also make him Sam's brother? I am having trouble with the logic. Who is Johnny's father? Is Anthony Sam's father and Alexis forgot? Or, is Sam not Allexis' daughter? Is Claudia Sam's mother? My head hurts.

By the way, Johnny is more interesting to me than Sam's parentage and anything to do with Sonny or Jason. The mob stories and weekly shootings are tiresome. Johnny dealing with his paternity is far more interesting. Johnny is a much nicer and more rounded character tha Sonny and Jason. I think it is very interesting that Johnny went the high road with Carly at the same time that Sonny is slinging dirt at him and Luke is helping. How exactly are Sonny and Luke the heros on this show?