The Young and the Restless Spoilers: Avery Fights to Spring Daisy (WHY!?)!

Avery/Daisy: Yes kids, the legal eagle works overtime to set Daisy free. Seems Avery is motivated by her ailing father, and all of her hostility towards big sis Phyllis resurfaces. Avery wants to stick it to Big Red, but also believes in Daisy. She talks to Daisy and tells her if she can get proof Sarah made her commit the crimes she's convicted of, she can walk free. Daisy suddenly remembers (of course) a video Sarah made of herself and Ryder threatening the twins that they will pay, if they don't do what she says. Avery being the super sleuth she is, finds the evidence they need.

Jack: Old Smilin' starts his physical therapy sessions and sees Sarge (Darnell Williams) browbeating a patient of his. Jack doesn't like what he sees, but realizes Sarge's tactics are used to push his patients to work harder. Later, Jack asks Sarge to take him on as a client, realizing he needs someone to motivate him the same way.

Victoria: Her new gig has her butting heads with Victor.

Phyllis: Big Red debates about visiting her dying father. Avery chats with her big sister and lets her know she saw their ailing father George in prison. Although Avery's still mad at Phyllis' treatment of their father, she still wants a relationship with her, and for big sis to do right. Avery cajoles Phyllis to visit their father, before it’s too late, but the two siblings get into a heated argument. Phyllis thinks everything she needed to tell George, she has, and doesn't budge on her stance. Avery informs her about where their father is getting treatment and leaves.

Later on, Phyllis confides in Nick about her issues. He says she should talk to her father. He tells Phyllis all about his time Victor, and his visit with his grandfather Albert Miller, and implores her to visit with her father. Phyllis breaks down and tells Nick about George stealing from his investment clients and she being the one who snitched. Phyllis still feels guilty to this day, for her father going to jail because of her, but maintains it was the right thing to do. Nick begs Phyllis to reconnect with her father and leaves. Phyllis then calls the care facility George is staying in and informs them of her arrival.

Patti: Patti Cake drops a bombshell that may bring Adam to his knees (if he can see them).

Chloe: The fashionista is puzzled by Daniel's behavior.

Cane: The Aussie gets a job opportunity from Ashley.

Comments

matealestlmo's picture
9 July 2009

Dyllan wrote:
On the positive: Nikki's storyline has been decent and I still love Jill.

Speaking of Jill, has Jess Walton resigned with the show or is she still on the way out the door?

dqh257's picture
20 May 2009

@Dyllan, there's no way you can't recognize how unbalanced B&B is. There was a Monday episode three weeks ago (I've been counting!) where Pam/Stephanie dealt with the design stealing and there has been nothing since then for the past three weeks. There was absolutely no fallout from that story, no impact on the Marones, the Donna/Nick relationship, etc. But we've had to see Steffy/Hope/Liam ad nauseum for the past three weeks regarding the "annulment papers." That should be the new drinking game, anytime someone on that show says "annulment papers." We've moved on to the new phase of that story, but give those actors a break and showcase the other established stories.

27 December 2009

^True, but half of those actors are leaving the show. Why focus on it, when they will be off screen in two months. Its really hard to jump between two major storyline on that show in the same episode.

BB doesn't put any Jersey Shore garbage on their show or any wannabe, dreadful neoShelia (aka Daisy). Y&R just puts out ridiculously bad storylines.

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@dqh257: It is sure more compelling and better written then that Amos and Andy mess they got for the black folk on Y&R. So I can suspend belief and go with the flow.

See when a soap is as terribly written as Y&R has been for since 2009 then more fans can make allowances for certain writer perspectives when a soap is written well. When the characters are written with dignity and dealing with life drama that doesn't equate to some "ghetto-urban stereotypical myths" it can work.

So right now Abe and Lexie (Renee Jones and James Reynolds) are holding it down for the black people in daytime. And for that they can get a pass. Y&R can't getno pass for that heaping mess.

I even got my momma watching Days over Y&R and she was once die-hard Y&R 35 years to be exact.

matealestlmo's picture
9 July 2009

matealestlmo wrote:
Dyllan wrote:
On the positive: Nikki's storyline has been decent and I still love Jill.

Never mind, I did learn that Jess Walton has indeed re-signed with Y&R.

matealestlmo wrote:
matealestlmo wrote:
Dyllan wrote:
On the positive: Nikki's storyline has been decent and I still love Jill.

Never mind, I did learn that Jess Walton has indeed re-signed with Y&R.

AM HOPING THAT LIKE THE BRAND NEW GUY, "SARGE" THAT SHE GOT A 2 YEAR CONTRACT. BUT DOUBT THAT SHE DID.

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

sillytee ... since I watch only one soap I do find it rather amusing or confusing that the Y&R threads seem to drift quite far from topic.

Regarding Victor ... where are his and when is he taking his (what should be constant) heart transplant meds? Where is that (what should be large and obvious) heart transplant scar on his chest? Or ... did they pull that replacement heart up by strings from some other orifice on his body?

dqh257's picture
20 May 2009

B&B has no balance and it detracts from my interest in the show. @ Dyllan, the reason you focus on the Marones is because we get some explanation as to WHY they are leaving the canvas, rather than disappear into the ether and we're left with the Forrester clusterfuck. I am less inclined to see how well-written B&B is when the characters simply regurgitate the same dialogue they've been repeating for the past three weeks. It's not the Steffy/Liam/Hope show; it's B&B.

Now, I know Y&R isn't perfect and a lot of people hate how it's being written. But there are some positives: Nikki's return, the fallout from Patti's latest stint with Jack's paralysis and Adam's blindness, we are getting some business stories with Beauty of Nature and Jabot, and there is a sense of community and balance that is severely lacking on B&B. If I don't enjoy the ONE overwrought and overused story on B&B, I'm SOL; whereas there are a few stories that do hold my interest on Y&R. (Less Angelina, although I'm curious to see how Jeffrey wins Gloria back.)

akbad806's picture
5 February 2009

Comparing B&B and Y&R is like citing the differences between apples and oranges, and I believe that's what Bill Bell wanted. I like both shows for assorted reasons, but Y&R is the better show IMHO. I am digging all things Nikki and have even been intrigued by Ricky. He is creepy and the actor is doing well with his screentime. The Patty/Ricky scenes had me glued to my TV!!! If Stephanie or Jackie aren't on B&B, I'm usually bored. Most things about Genoa City interest me because of the sense of community. I feel like hardly anybody interacts in LA! Why can't Dayzee and Hope be homegirls? Or Rick go hit the gym with Nick or Thorne?

Anyway, Y&R is still a bit of a mess however. I think the Phyllis/Avery story is an EPIC FAIL! No way did my Phyllis Summers Romalotti Abbott Newman, the same blackmailing trampette who tricked Danny into marrying her while pregnant with another man's baby and set a hotel room fire to kill Sasha, actually turned her father in for investment fraud. I'd rather it had been that George had molested Phyllis so Michelle Stafford would have a blockbuster story to rock. Instead, we get hot garbage.

hey mon's picture
19 May 2011

Tell it, akbad. Phyllis turn in her father, no way. Too bad MAB & The Hamner Gang didn't go with the 'molestation' story-line like seemed to be planned last Fall.

I'm liking Ricky 100%. Creepy, weird, half-Latino. His interaction with Patty was great, and refreshing. I've tried watching B&B, but not interested in a daily re-gurg of Liam/Steffy/Hope. I'm too old to have it entirely focus on the kids in their 20s.

Put Cane with Ashley over at Jabot, and have them begin an affair. I've never seen 1 episode ever of AMC, but I'm liking Sarge after only one day. The guy has elevated the acting on The Show immensely, and I'm liking his inter-action with Pete Bergman already.

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

If nothing else for Phyllis then at least let's get something going when someone has a flashback dream with her behind the wheel of the car who tried to run them down. Like every single other hypocrite in Genoa City, Phyllis has no business dissing others for doing exactly or less than she has. Also this sudden back story is just annoying, but at least it is not making her look like the stricken heroine. We don't need Phyllis to suddenly be the troubled stricken heroine to erase all the trouble she has caused since.

Ricky is kind of interesting and creepy but I don't know how long he is going to stay that way. We certainly do know which side of the family his genes are from though.

hey mon's picture
19 May 2011

Ricky is the future of Y&R, and his head fill shalf the screen.

27 December 2009

Quote:
Ricky is the future of Y&R

Lawd, I would say his acting skills are a step away from MM's (that's not a compliment). I currently enjoy how the writers are utilizing Ricky, however, I can't see him being the "future" of the show. He doesn't have the talent. He's kind of stiff. And I only see the show lasting another 5 years.

GamecockMom's picture
26 February 2010

I said the same thing! TPTB can try to rewrite history if they want to but die hard Y&R fans will never forget the real Phyllis. She is NOT the person who does the right thing. She is a selfish whore who only does things that are in her best interests. She sickens me.

23 February 2012
2 years 7 weeks

This crap with Avery is sickening. There is no way I would help some psycho who raped a man toget preggers get my neice or nephew back no matter how mad I was at my sister. Jessica is a good actress give her soemthing besides this crap with Daisey no one wants Lucy with the crazy thing anyways so let her rot in prison and Give Avery a storyline worth watching for goodness sakes.

23 February 2012
2 years 7 weeks

This must have been whoever plays Ricky writting this. lmao Ricky is not even a key player in GC let alone the future of the show. Now if they had made him a little more like his dad than his mom His character might have been worth watching. Hes going to be another Adam.

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

Dyllan ... I just don't see or get your distaste for MM's acting skills.

27 December 2009

MM is by far the worst actor on Y&R. I can't think of a single male actor who is crappier. He's stiff and comes across over rehearsed. He's not a natural. The only good thing about his character is that he get's decent one-liners, and that's because of the writing (and sucking up). That and his diva antics with pollsters on twitter are a major turnoff.

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

Michael Muhney is a fIne actor. Not sure what might go on behind he scenes but he always delivers quality performances and I don't particularly like Adam Newman and cheered when he got pesticide in the eyes. I feel the same way about Eric Braeden. He's a strong actor though Victor Newman is a horribly written character. Heck, that goes for most of the actors on Y&R! Michael Muhney could NEVER be the worst actor on a show featuring Daniel Goddard, Yvonne Greg Rikkart, the woman that plays Angelina, and the man who plays Ricky.

27 December 2009

I'm not GR fan, and still believes he phones it in (comparatively speaking), but he is by far a better actor. You can't even compare MM to EB. EB is a fine actor. MM just sucks. He can't emote anything or make it come across as authentic. The only possible candidate who might be more sucky would be DG, and I prefer DG over MM. And it doesn't help that he goes around whining about how deserves an Emmy. Please! MTS is a wonderful actress, and when she wasn't nominated, she didn't go around whining.

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

MM is by far the worst actor on Y&R? EB is a fine actor?

Just which versions of Y&R are they airing to you US viewers?

ChrisGa's picture
9 September 2009

I have less than zero use for the character of Adam Newman, but I would hardly call MM a bad actor. More often than not he's unreasonably good, though occasionally I do see the same snarky, chip-on-his-shoulder attitude that Trevor St.John displayed on OLTL when he was on autopilot for the last year or so. That said, there's probably at least a good 5 to 10 worse actors just on Y&R alone(and I don't consider GR or EB, no matter how much they may appear to be on autopilot, among that list). Among the males, Daniel Goddard, despite his swoon-worthiness, is to me the worst. And though I've had unholy thoughts about him for at least five years now, Joshua Morrow is right up there with Goddard. Fact is, at the end of the day, MM is probably one of the two or three best actors on that show(I'd probably throw in Peter Bergman and Doug Davidson as the other two).