General Hospital: Perkie's Observations



Todd’s angry that Heather broke into his room. He warns that he’s really good at violence, if someone messes with him. Heather tells him she’s just there for business. He’ll have a long fall if poor Sam finds out the truth. Todd says she can call the cops, but won’t because she killed Anthony. Heather denies killing Anthony, just disposing of him to help someone she loves.

Heather warns Todd he has more to lose if Tea finds out the truth. Todd says he was upset, traumatized and wouldn’t have done what he did if Heather hadn’t convinced him Sam didn’t want her baby. She said Sam and Jason were estranged. Heather says not to blame his moral lapse on her.

Anna says Tracy thinks she and Luke are getting back together, despite Luke’s assertions to the contrary. Luke likes having them as roommates. They seem to have is something, but he didn’t plan on falling for her. Anna says Luke has spent too many years on the wrong side of the law. Luke reminds her that she did briefly as well. She points out that he’s Robert’s best friend. Luke wonders if she still has feelings for Robert.

Johnny’s listening to Starr sing. When she’s done, she reminds him they need to get her father on board their new venture. Starr says not to worry, her father only goes after people who have hurt her. She says her father can be impulsive and has no sense of right or wrong. She needs to guide him. Starr says Todd is putting down roots and wants her to move in with him, but she’s determined to go it alone.

Spinelli tells Olivia what the patrolman told him. He wonders if Heather got married in secret. Olivia doesn’t believe it and  goes through the possible suspects, ending up with Luke. Spin decides he’ll question Luke.

Maxie tells Lulu she’s looking for a new roommate. Lulu is surprised to hear she’s planning on staying married to Matt. Maxie feels she needs to support her husband. He wouldn’t be in prison if it wasn’t for Spinelli. Lulu wonders if Maxie wants to support Matt or punish Spin. Maxie deflects, asking how Dante feels about Lulu working with Johnny. Lulu says she and Johnny are just partners. Maxie warns that it will lead to something more.

Michael and Kristina meet outside Kelly’s. They talk about Sam and the baby. Trey shows up and Kris makes the introductions. Trey wants Michael to sign a release to appear on the show, something Michael has no interest in doing. After Trey leaves, Michael wonders if Kris is doing the show to get back at Sonny. Kristina says she wants to expose her parents as hypocrites and wants to take control of her life. She claims Trey is a visionary. Michael realizes she has feelings for him. Kristina asks about Starr. Michael defends her and Kris realizes he has feelings for her.

Jason says he didn’t think Sam would want him at the service, but he wanted to be there for her. Sam says the baby is buried next to her daughter. He wonders if things would have been different if he’d come to his senses sooner. Sam says she plays the what if game all the time, wondering if she’d never paid a visit to heather, her baby would be alive. Sam admits she wasn’t sure if she could make it to the funeral, but decided the baby deserved to be honored. Jason wants to help her through this and wonders if she’ll let him. He says he’s still her husband and wants her to come home with him. She questions coming home like nothing happened and he wants them to move on together.

Trey shows up at Maxie’s as Lulu is leaving, wanting to rent the room. Starr shows up right behind him, looking to do the same. Trey says he was there first and the place is his. Starr says Maxie should decide. They continue to argue, which makes Maxie remember a time when she was happy with Spinelli. Maxie decides that the place has too many memories and that she should probably live at Matt’s anyway. She tells them they both can have the place.

Trey calls Kristina to come over and check it out. When she and Michael show up, she asks if Trey will be living with Maxie. Trey points to Starr and says he’s living with her.

Todd wonders if the man Heather loves is the one who killed Anthony. She says Luke’s ex wife made him do it, but that she’s ready to start her life with him and needs a job. Todd asks if she’ll leave him alone if he gives her a job. He asks what she’s good at. Heather offers to be a style editor, but Todd tells her to think about it and get back to him. She asks for an advance on her salary. He gives her the money to get rid of her.

Lulu stops by the Star. Johnny asks about Dante’s issues. Lulu swears he’ll be fine with them working together. Lulu says Maxie warned her, but that it won’t hurt her marriage. Maxie’s simply projecting her own issues of being married to one man while in love with another.

Jason wonders if Sam can get past it all and she says she can’t, and runs off.

Anna says she no longer has feelings for Robert, but they share a connection because of Robin. Luke says things are complicated, but wants to give them a chance, as does Anna. She appreciates everything he’s done for her since Robin’s death. Luke says he doesn’t know where things will go between them, but to give it time and see.

Anna says Tracy thinks they’re getting back together and that he needs to be honest with her. Luke knows he needs to talk to Tracy. Anna says she’ll understand if he changes his mind about them. They make plans to meet for dinner and Heather sees them kiss.


Comments

GHvetfan's picture
Member since:
26 October 2009
Last activity:
1 week 1 day

Ravennite - Thank you!!!

jezza - THe parallel is there. McPain stated to Tea that he couldn't raise another man's child. Has he told Sam that? Natalie lied? Yes, she did. Nut , he got over that when the child turned out to be his.

Jason's crimes are honesty and being a jerk? How has he changed since she married him? Remember, she walked out on him. She may be a victim of Franco but so is Jason.

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
6 weeks 3 days

I also find it very interesting that SAMFF are comparing Jason's behavior towards Sam to McBain's treatment of Sam. DIdn't he also leave Natalie because he thought Liam was Brody's? He was unwilling to share Natalie's life as long as her baby wasn't his. He and Natalie didn't have any of the baggage Jason has with the "rape" and the serial killer Franco. He simply was unwilling to raise anoher man's child. Interesting!! Great guy? Not!!!

This is another thing that bugs me- see I don't know or care about any of that because I didn't ever see it. To me it's a clean slate just like other newbies. I do know Natalie is the red head with crazy eyes but it ends there..

I do however think Sam is the victim and to say other wise is just kind of silly to me. My Jasam loving heart is hoping for Jason to come out fighting for her and I will love seeing it. However my Kemo loving heart is just loving her driving a story and seeing her so much. If she kicks him to the curb and he goes rebounding to someone else well that is just fine by me because she was the one doing the kicking. Then by all means move on to a bigger and better story. How about Patrick if we ever see him?;} Sorry but Kemo and JT have fantastic chem. When she was in the hospital and couldn't hear- I remember watching them thinking they look like they are having so much fun..

GHvetfan's picture
Member since:
26 October 2009
Last activity:
1 week 1 day

Ravennite -

"But I must confess that if Jason really wanted Sam back he would have said "I did things to hurt you" not "we". Though Hubby had no problem with that line saying they did both hurt each other."

Hey, perhaps he doesn't want her back? Subconsciously, I am sure?

doodleynoodle's picture
Member since:
17 February 2009
Last activity:
12 weeks 1 day

"Ravennite-

"But I must confess that if Jason really wanted Sam back he would have said "I did things to hurt you" not "we". Though Hubby had no problem with that line saying they did both hurt each other."

Hey, perhaps he doesn't want her back? Subconsciously, I am sure?"

Ahhhh...now we're getting somewhere! Innocent

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
6 weeks 3 days

If Jason doesn't really want Sam back then I have to say oh freaking well. She doesn't seem to be caring that much and he is the one seeking her out. Like I said if she doesn't care about him neither do I. I will note that for most impartial viewers and non Liason lovers this new writing is being written with mostly her POV- and I think ever since he woke up Kemo has been gaining most of the sympathy from viewers. I enjoy that for once it's not the women coming in second to Jason's halo. So again I say if Jason doesn't want his wife who was raped by his enemy because she was preggers by said rapist then step to the side douche bag. You can imagine how that looks to most viewers. Please by all means go find a rebound girl because you are obviously such a prince. My girl will be just fine because she is gonna get her baby back and hopefully I will get to see her with her little man and The Davis Coven and The Q's..

On a side note please don't take any of my terms as generalizing. Nothing bothers me more than when people terms things like all scrubs fans like this or that. It is never my attempt to make generalizations about any fans at all.

Ravennite613's picture
Member since:
10 December 2008
Last activity:
6 weeks 3 days

Dayum JASAMMABBY I was about to make all kinds of generalizations Tongue

I get loving a couple and I am thrilled that it's a woman driving a story even though I hate the rape/babynap aspect of it..a story is a story.

My problem is that this is who Sam chose to love and I am all for any man being the chaser in the end Sam should have wanted more from Jason a long time ago and as a one time fan of this couple the second time around was so forced that I will never want them together.

My reasons for always wanted Liason together was that Jason never ever disrespected Liz. He was always her friend, and while the worse that was ever said was that he wasn't in love with Liz (those damned Kung Fu Barbie Years) he has never played it that way. All the points that Doodleynoodle brought up earlier are the reasons why my Liason loving heart will never break. Because in the end for me until the day Jason does and says any of the crap he has spewed to Sam over the last few years I will want Liason. But if he were to ever talk to Liz that way I for one would never want them together. And I cannot understand fans who love Sam ever wanting her with Jason again after this.

Just my humble opinion

Member since:
4 May 2011
Last activity:
1 hour 6 min

I have a problem with people calling Franco Jason's enemy. Jason is in organized crime, Franco wasn't from a rival family. If what Franco did to Jason he did to anyone not named Sonny, Jason, or Johnny people would see them as victims because some psycho started to fixate on them, stalk them, and attempted to ruin their lives at every turn including targeting their loved ones. Calling Franco Jason's enemy is implying that Jason can never be a victim regardless of the circumstance because he, too, is a criminal. That's ridiculous. Sam wasn't raped by Jason's enemy.

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
6 weeks 3 days

@ Raven- it might surprise you to know but I use to be a card carrying Liasoner. I hated when Kung Fu Barbie came to the scene. If only because of how Liz was then again thrown under the bus. I remember seeing some scene in Kellys when Nu Em met Courtney the first time and it was all about how jealous Liz was of Courtney. Thats when I realized if you were not being written with Jason and Sonny you were not gonna get written for. After that it was Liz bored and following Lucky somewhere I forget. One reason I fell for Jasam was that he choose her over Courtney and I loved it. I know I am not the first to note it but I wonder how big the Jasam Liason war would be if Jason was back burned. Star Liz with McBain and Sam with Patrick. I can't imagine I would care that much as long as both girls are getting the big story they both deserve..

Perkie's picture
Member since:
24 October 2007
Last activity:
5 hours 37 min

ravennite wrote:
Looks like Perkie is getting a Pony

Purple is my favourite colour. Just sayin'.

jasammaby wrote:
How about Patrick if we ever see him?;} Sorry but Kemo and JT have fantastic chem

Hhhhhmmm, don't know how I'd feel about that. Although, other than Liz, there really isn't anyone to pair Patrick with right now.

ghvetfan wrote:
She may be a victim of Franco but so is Jason.

I think there are different levels of victimization and I think getting raped on your honeymoon which results in a pregnancy out-victimizes being locked in a room while it's happening.

soapbaby's picture
Member since:
7 April 2011
Last activity:
5 hours 31 sec

^^ What about Patrick & Carly? They had terrific chemistry back in the day with the flirtation and I liked their friend moments (save for the moment at Kelly's where he fed Carly pancakes from his fork while waiting for Robin with Emma...Pfft!)

thecourt99's picture
Member since:
30 April 2009
Last activity:
5 hours 56 min

My two cents.

Jason is also a victim of Franco's. Yes, Sam was physically raped, but Jason was targeted by Franco for years, using those that Jason loved as pawns in a game to get his attention. This culminated in getting locked in a room to watch while he "raped" Jason's wife on their honeymoon. Jason then had to be the one to tell his wife that she was raped because Sam didn't even know that it happened. I hate that this is lost in this discussion, or maybe just ignored.

Secondly, Jason was extremely supportive of Sam after the rape. He took her lead. He gave her as much attention or as much space as she wanted. When she found out she was pregnant and Jason was the father, they were both shown as happy. So Sam was victimized all over again once she found out the baby was Franco's and instead of going to Jason and letting him support her as he did in the past, she chose to keep it from him until she got the full story. This is after his surgery and after his request for her to be upfront with him...and also after his request and her agreement to stay away from John. So I don't buy this whole notion of Jason not supporting her rape, and her "having" to tip toe around him.

Jason has made some douchey comments, but he is not the only one to blame, IMO

Ravennite613's picture
Member since:
10 December 2008
Last activity:
6 weeks 3 days

@ JASAMMABBY - OMG everything in that post was why I fell in love with JaSam 1.0. The amount of utter contempt I felt for Kung-Fu Barbie was potent but thankfully when Sam walked thru Jason's door I knew Journey was done.

soapbaby's picture
Member since:
7 April 2011
Last activity:
5 hours 31 sec

Umm, Courtney and Sam are essentially the same character. Only one is blonde and the other brunette.

liason4real's picture
Member since:
10 May 2008
Last activity:
1 day 5 hours

When Guza returned to GH back in 2002, he immediately began getting rid of all of the sisters (Sarah, Kristina and Courtney) that the previous HW put in place while he was gone. Frons refused to get rid of Courtney which is why she was paired with Jason and Liason was kaput. JaSam 1.0 began when MB wanted out of his Sonny/Sam and SBu wanted out of Jason/Courtney pairings.

One of the rumors/spumors is that Guza never wanted Courtney or Sam paired with Jason, his plan all along was Jason/Liz, but Frons kept pushing his own agenda which is why we're in the Liason and JaSam wars. If Kung Fu Barbie had not ticked off Guza/Frons, then chances are we would have Liason vs JaSam vs Journey!

Meh. Luke is gross and Anna is awesome!

Perkie's picture
Member since:
24 October 2007
Last activity:
5 hours 37 min

soapbaby wrote:
What about Patrick & Carly

No, no, no, a thousand times NO!! Besides, Carly already has Johnny and possibly Todd after her.

Quote:
Umm, Courtney and Sam are essentially the same character

Oh, I totally disagree with this too. I hated Courtney all the time. I only hate Sam when she's with Jason.

curacaoman's picture
Member since:
10 February 2009
Last activity:
8 hours 54 min

Say what you want about Studmuffin Luke, if this were Genoa City he would be sleeping with Elizabeth!

EricasEvilTwin's picture
Member since:
15 July 2008
Last activity:
5 weeks 3 days

Jezza you are spot on Beer Beer Beer Beer about both the JaSam relationship and the Jolie relationship. I think mcbains problem too with liam was more about the lying than the paternity although the paternity was easier to focus on. That said, i wasnt wild about his inability to forgive OR his decision to bee-line to jess and tell her about brat because jessica splitting was the driving force behind their decision to lie and that concern proved to be founded when jess split. I also wasnt wild about all the years mcbain was less than forthcoming about his feelings for natalie. if hes going to be with sam, imho hes going to have to do better. The writers seem to be taking him in that direction and Ive loved his gentleness and openness with sam - two things I didnt see much of with nat even though I liked jolie together most of the time.

JaSamm I agree with you about everything except sam with patrick and liz with mcbain - I would much prefer Liz with patrick and sam with mcbain and jason both fighting for her.

Doodle i agree with a lot of what you said except I think jason has ALWAYS had baby fever - whether it be michael, his unborn baby with courtney, little lila, or liz's child (before and after he knew it was his). Yes he proposed to liz but he continued to say point blank I LOVE SAM. to me the latter was about how he felt about the women and the marriage proposal was about his desire to have a child (any child) and his deep friendship with liz. The only reason that jason had no interest in Sam's son was that the father was Franco - period. This has nothing to do with how much he loves sam but again about the child. I also think the fact that he reunited with sam speaks volumes about his feelings for these women - just as he has to know a hormonal wife is not going to be thrilled that hes hanging around with a woman he had a ONS with, he also had to know that liz would have a serious reaction to the fact that the man who claimed to have left her because of danger not only turns around and forgives/marries the woman that watched as some stranger stole jake right out from under her but also purposefully begins trying to conceive a child with this wife ignoring any danger just to be with her. If I were liz I would have been FURIOUS watching those choices from the sideline and I think some of the things she said during her mental breakdown showed that on some level she had a strong resentment toward jasons decision to reunite with sam.

Raven - if all of your objection is about how jason speaks to sam, then how can you be for liason given the way he spoke to liz about courtney and about rics behavior. He was nearly as violent and angry about that as he was about jake. There was one scene in particular when ric had courtney trapped in some railroad tunnel or something like that where jason was distraught and carly was trying to get liz to share info about ric, liz was being her jealous self and refusing to help and jason just exploded, pretty much telling her that if courtney died he would blame her. Not to mention he flat out said I NEVER LOVED LIZ. For the record hes also had some scenes like that with carly as well where he all but declares that THIS time hes done with her. And talking about robin as a saint - hello have we all forgotten how he spoke to her when she revealed to aj that he was michaels father? He threw her out the door like their relationship meant nothing and if she had never returned to PC he would still be holding that particular grudge. To me thats just jason, he doesnt get mad a lot but when he does its explosive. Ive yet to really see him mean that permanently - he forgives carly all the time, he forgot all about his liz/ric/courtney issues once court and ric were out of their lives, he forgave sam and he forgave robin the second pretty much she got back to town. The only difference is this is the first time really ever in my mind where jason is actually taking some ownership of the issues, seeking out someone to apologize multiple times. Its still not enough for me, but its a start.

thecourt - i too see jason as a victim but like Perkie said, not on the same scale as sam. For me, the biggest douche bag move aside from the whole put the baby up for adoption thing was that after jason killed franco he declared that the rape was NOW behind them. for all this talk about how feelings work, to think that sam could just put that behind her because jason commands it is NOT supportive. And I wholeheartedly disagree with vet and justsomeguy that jason was just being honest - as I think jezza said theres being honest and then theres BEING HONEST. I think sam had some doubts here and there but most of that IMHO came from knowing that jason had such big issues with it. I think even she said that after she felt the baby kick her doubts went away - in other words once the baby became real to her, choosing between him and Jason's feelings about franco was an easier decision. Had Jason said i want to love the baby and Im going to try to get there, i dont think sam would have ever left but he didnt just say he had issues with franco he all but said I dont think i can love the baby and im not going to try.

Member since:
25 August 2011
Last activity:
1 week 4 days

Jason was angry because Sam was raped. he was to blame. Franco just wanted to stick it to Jason and he knew he was coming. Jason knew Franco was a nut case,and he still didn't protect Sam. OK
He also didn't care about Sam's feelings., he didn't care that the baby was half Sam, he didn't care that she was hurting and all she could think of was to protect Jason?
He thanked her with. I could never love the baby, lets give it away?
Jason loved Michael and he knew he was not the father.he knew who was the father. he knew when he helped Sonny steal Michael from his father, knew exactly what Sonny did for a living and he loves Michael.Or maybe he doesn't, because he allowed the child to be raised in a mob house, have bombs sent as presents and knows Sonny's temper.
Sam needs to run away. fast.

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
6 weeks 3 days

Carly is a character I am so done with. She needs a break not a new man. So please no to her pairings- send her on vacation with Sonny and Kate.

However I stand by my stance on Sam and Patrick! I don't know why but I think they are cute. When Kelly is actually aloud to play against other men(and it doesn't get to happen often) she has oodles of chem. I always feel like the opposite male is actually having alot of fun.

I must agree though that one reason I handed in my Liason card is while I can't recall all their interactions- I never ever felt like he choose her. To me that is the biggest disrespect there is. He constantly choose other women over her. In the more dramatized world of soaps of course he and Sam have had drama. They have had a real life together. So to me comparing Jasaon and Sam and Jason to Liz is like comparing how much nicer my husband may seem to our lady friends.. I know this sounds a$$ backwards. But really what did Jason and Liz ever share than a safe house he kept her waiting at. They had no real life together to have drama about.

Plus of course he talks about Robin like a saint- because she was one!! Smile

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
6 weeks 3 days

Before any one jumps on me- seriously I know Liz and Jasaon have had a great friendship! I am not taking that away- but scenes I remember about them were her hiding out at his penthouse- then I think that's when she hooked up with Zander. Then her being jealous of Courtney- I hated that.. Then the ONS- and after that him telling her all the time he loved Sam. Then it went down hill for me because I felt like Lucky and Sam's characters were slaughtered for the story.

Again I am not taking away from any Liason moments- and if you love them I can see where you are annoyed. You never got a full fledged story. Maybe one day I will be cool seeing it. Not when it involves throwing one of my fave characters under the bus like that summer did. With Sam though I have have seen them have real life adventures together- lifes together- trips together. All because he choose that with her. I just never saw it with Liz.

EricasEvilTwin's picture
Member since:
15 July 2008
Last activity:
5 weeks 3 days

JaSamm I agree that kelly and jt have tons of chemistry - he seems to have chem with EVERYONE - but i know what me and kemo are like when they are really together because i watched them on pc and that was insanely HOT and I dont know that I would buy sam patrick right now only because a. hes blames the mob for robins death and more importantly jason and b. he ties sam in to that relationship/world and I cant see him putting emma at risk (i could totally see one of jasons enemies going after the ex-Mrs. morgan or the estranged mrs. morgan to provoke jason and what would happen if she was with emma - i cant see patrick taking that risk)

As for liz/john, I dont know, I find so few of her pairings have chemistry and its hard for me to imagine them together. I totally see the piz chemistry and I thought she had some chem with GV and great chem with jj first time around. I even saw chem with ricH, but the rest of her pairings have been flat. I dont see anything with liz/ewan, jj was a flop the second time around, I see nothing but friend chem with jason, zero with nik, and not all that much with matt (that I prefer him even with JL i thought spoke volumes). I didnt even root for her with zander and I loved me some zander. Piz is the first real possibility where I could see myself rooting for her, so i keep thinking why john when patrick seems like an obvious fit. but yeah, just a preference and I can see why someone might prefer the other way.

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
6 weeks 3 days

EET- I totally see how Piz and McBam look better on paper. I would love to see Piz working together at the hospital and parenting together. Then get my hot fix with McBam! I was just pointing out that you really can't deny Kellys chemistry with the other actors. I am just happy to be seeing it. I have to wonder if one reason she works so well with others is that she is always so open to whatever pairing she is in. I don't think she trys to fight to stay here or there. I remember how cutely she promoted her pairing with Lucky. I didn't feel like she was fighting it trying to stay with Jason. She wasn't in SOD articles talking about or promoting Jasam. In turn I think it makes the actors she works with respect her so much more.

Member since:
16 April 2010
Last activity:
5 hours 8 min

This show is still a train wreck. GH doenst know if its Gh or OLTL, the show has lost its spark and suffers from no identity any longer

Member since:
28 June 2011
Last activity:
1 year 30 weeks

Jason never threatened to send Liz or Robin to prison. He also never threatened to kill them.

Member since:
17 December 2008
Last activity:
6 hours 32 min

Jason is a douche. He has always been a douche and will continue to be a douche until we have all been put out of our misery and this show is cancelled. I do not have a dog in the Jasam and Liason fight because I think Liz and Sam, as characters and actresses, both deserve better than to be saddled with this POS. When I think of how far this show has sunk from the glory days of Ned and Lois, Jax and Brenda, Robin and Stone, Monica's breast cancer, the introduction of Emily, Liz and Lucky 1, and the Nurse's Ball, it makes me sad- for the show, the fans, and the genre. General Hospital, aka The Sonny, Jason, and Carly Show has become a shell of what it once was, and at this point the cast and crew are rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. The misogynistic mess that airs currently lacks real romance, heart, and humor. Characters have been decimated, talent has been wasted. When done well, soap operas can rival any other form of entertainment, but it has been a long time since we could say that about the current incarnation of GH.

JasamForever's picture
Member since:
29 December 2009
Last activity:
5 hours 28 min

@Jasammbaby-I totally agree. Kelly has really never favored one pairing over another. While BH has been very vocal about wanting Laison and working with Steve, Kelly has not. I think that is important as you never know whom you may be paired with.

@EET-I agree. Liz does have very limited chemistry with a lot of males. I am still not on board with Piz. I just want Patrick to wait for Robin. Wink

I am just so glad Kemo is driving story and doing a great job!

@Ravennite-Count me confused. First you say that Jason has not done anything wrong to Sam, and she is responsible for everything that has happened to her, then you turn around and say why would Jasammers even want Sam with Jason with the way he has treated her? Huh??? I thought you just said Jason has done nothing wrong to Sam?

liason4real's picture
Member since:
10 May 2008
Last activity:
1 day 5 hours

JASAMMABBY,,,The only reason that Liason were never out in the open as a couple is because of Brian Frons from the time that he showed up in 2002 until early 2012. Jeez. KMc couldn't even be paired up with SBu while Frons was running the soaps. Frons mandate was for ALW (Courtney) and KeMo (Sam) to be paired up with SBu. Of course, Frons didn't give a poop about Liason once KeMo decided not to renew her contract which is why my couple was a go ahead in 2006. Frons did a lot of damage to the ABC soaps because we lost Port Charles, AMC, OLTL and sooner or later GH.

thecourt99's picture
Member since:
30 April 2009
Last activity:
5 hours 56 min

EricasEvilTwin wrote:

I think sam had some doubts here and there but most of that IMHO came from knowing that jason had such big issues with it. I think even she said that after she felt the baby kick her doubts went away - in other words once the baby became real to her, choosing between him and Jason's feelings about franco was an easier decision. Had Jason said i want to love the baby and Im going to try to get there, i dont think sam would have ever left but he didnt just say he had issues with franco he all but said I dont think i can love the baby and im not going to try.

I don't recall Jason saying that he wasn't going to try, but he did say that he didn't think that he could love the baby. But I think you made a great point. Sam's doubts went away after the baby kicked (and after a gun was held to her stomach), that is when it became real to her. So why isn't it possible that it became real to Jason once he held the baby? That is one thing that I think women have as a benefit to pregnancy. We get to bond with the child while it is in our wombs, the father doesn't really feel anything other than the kick externally, the heartbeat at appointments, pictures (which Jason had) and once the baby is in his arms. That is when the child becomes real to them.

EricasEvilTwin's picture
Member since:
15 July 2008
Last activity:
5 weeks 3 days

Well it seemed to become real to jason when carly told him about his infinite capacity to love and the very real danger that he could lose sam. Until then, did he pursue couples counseling or individual counseling or talk to anyone that might be able to offer him some insight? no, he simply went to the least appropriate person on the planet in liz all the while complaining about sam talking to her choice of confidants. that to me is NOT trying. And I dont think sam would have needed to feel the baby kick if jason had been on board day 1 - her doubts stemmed from what seemed to be his real doubts about having the child. I dont know, I just didnt find it very supportive though the bigger issues for me where the adoption comments and the its behind us stuff about the rape.

Liason, you know my opinion - frons was the head of daytime so is it really surprising that he had an opinion who made a better lead? And if he thought as a lead kelly should work with steve is that really unlike guza and wolfe and cartini who all wrote for the pairing and who ALL thought kelly should be front and center? I may not have been a huge courtney fan, but i dont object to frons preferring her to others - thats his option just as mine is to change the channel. I would also imagine that if his preference was for liason you would have been fine with that, so its not his having a preference really that liasonites object to but rather what his preference was. If cartini decides to go with mcbam and THEIR preference is liason will you be complaining about mandates or will you just cheer for your couple.

Ravennite613's picture
Member since:
10 December 2008
Last activity:
6 weeks 3 days

Jasamforver wrote "@Ravennite-Count me confused. First you say that Jason has not done anything wrong to Sam, and she is responsible for everything that has happened to her, then you turn around and say why would Jasammers even want Sam with Jason with the way he has treated her? Huh??? I thought you just said Jason has done nothing wrong to Sam?"

Excuse me where did I say that Jason did nothing wrong to Sam and that she was responsible for everything. I said I see Jason's side and outside of him asking her to give the child up for adoption I've supported his character. I believe Sam's choices have played a role in what is going on in her life now...so while I do not hold her responsible for everything she should bear some of it.

My issue with JaSammers is that so many are calling him douchy one minute but the second they are in a scene together they get all mushy. Why would a person who likes Sam want her with Jason after the things THEY (not me) feel he has done to her.