The Young and The Restless Spoilers: Paul Plugs Ricky!

Paul/Ricky: Eden's family and friends start fretting when they can't get in contact with her. Paul heads over to Slick Ricky's place after he remembers spotting Eden hanging out with him. Paul gets the shock of his life when he discovers his son holding a knife to Eden's throat! The gum shoe whips out the gun he took from Lauren and tells Ricky to let Eden go. Ricky balks at his father's request and starts to list all the crimes he's committed, including the one involving Daisy. Ricky starts to move towards killing Eden, leaving Paul with no choice but to shoot his own flesh and blood! Paul busts a cap in Ricky's shoulder, but the force of the shot results in Ricky going flying through the window, killing him instantly.

Paul is horrified by what took place and is too shell-shocked to speak with the police when they arrive on the scene. Ronan shows up and is able to get Paul to tell him what happened. Once Paul fills the police in on the events that took place, he flies to Los Angeles to speak with Isabella to inform her about their son's death. Isabella doesn't register a thing, since she's still much too mentally ill to comprehend what Paul is saying. In Genoa City, Michael finds out Paul left town without notifying anyone and has no choice but to issue a warrant. Later, D.A. Baldwin finds out Paul used Lauren's gun to shoot Ricky! He tells Lauren to keep her trap shut about the gun. Paul becomes overwhelmed with guilt. Will this lead him to the brink?

Phyllis: Red's life starts to come apart at the seams when Cricket returns to Genoa City and reveals all of her dirty deeds.

Ronan/Nina: Mother and son butt heads over Paul shooting Ricky.

Neil/Harmony: The two make baby steps toward starting a new relationship.

Ashley: she makes a choice about her marriage.

Abby: The kidnapped Naked Heiress contacts Ashley, confessing it was all a ruse. Ashley demandsthat her daughter heads home, but Abby refuses. Seems as though Ms. Newman is digging life on the road with Carmine!

Anita: Chelsea's manipulative mama is back and she wants to talk about the girl's father.

Comments

Paul kills Ricky??? No!!!! What a shame. I at least hope that he confesses to murdering Daisy so that we don't have to see her ever again. But then again MAB will come up with some stupid rewrite and "shock" everyone with Daisy being alive...
That's not good. Sad

Poor Ricky. His father never understood him and now he even kills him. Paul should be overwhelmed with guilt. -.-

The_Moustache's picture
17 June 2009

Jillian Bowe wrote:
Phyllis: Cricket returns to Genoa City and reveals all of her dirty deeds.

and somehow Phyllis will end up looking like a victim of mean girl/bully Cricket. and everyone will sympathize with herione-Phyllis.

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

@Jillian: I know this has come up before...many participants on this site, like myself, try to avoid spoilers and reading a major spoiler in the title of a post, um, spoils viewing. Simply titling a post: "The Young & the Restless Spoilers: Week of July 2nd" would do the trick.

The_Moustache wrote:
Jillian Bowe wrote:
Phyllis: Cricket returns to Genoa City and reveals all of her dirty deeds.

Is that all of Cricket's deeds or Phyllis'?

soapbaby wrote:

I definitely agree with what U say about spoilers, though I learned a long time ago, that when U go to this site, it happens. I also find it irritating when a story is posted with a YOUNG AND RESTLESS, why the hell, someone mentions other soaps that I never watch or am interested in.

22 December 2011

Oh, PUL-LEEZE! Like we didn't see this coming...??

Paul didn't even know his son Ricky well enough to generate/invoke any real feelings for the kid to the audience - how can our three idiotic head writers think they can expect a legacy character (and the viewers) feel remorse for a character they barely knew, blood relative or not??

Once again, another potential legacy character on "Y & R" becomes yet another victim of MAB's plot-driven slurry...

It's keeps getting worse....!!

ChrisGa's picture
9 September 2009

Just watched today's ep--it's so sad how they've made Ricky a one-note psycho(I mean, the guy literally smiles to himself every time he does something nasty). I initially dismissed Peter Porte as just a hot piece of ass(which he still most certainly is and btw thanks for the towel scene earlier in the week; sigh...that man is stunning) but he's actually a pretty damn good actor; too bad that Hack-From-Hell Bell didn't see fit to make Ricky work as anything other than a semi-functioning psychotic.

Speaking of psychotics, I love Kevin's insta-love for psycho sister Daisy to the point he's actually siding against Daniel. Kevin's been a crap character for awhile, but him being sad about someone who tortured his then-wife and sister-in-law and abandoned his niece? To insinuate that this is character assassination a la Sharon Newman would imply this character's been worth a damn in the last 5 years but this is still fucking bad writing, even for The Hack.

Ryan-Scott's picture
4 May 2009

Thanks for the tip ChrisGa. I didn't see that towel scene but I will see it.
I also think Peter Porte is a good actor.

What I find absolutely hilarious, is I have watched this show forever and seen the rooms in this place numerous times and never once do I remember seeing a window in any of the rooms and yet Ricky goes out the window? Did I miss some thing? Did it happen some where other than as it says, Ricky's room????

The_Moustache's picture
17 June 2009

yojoromo4469 wrote:

so true.

since when do the Athletic Club rooms have windows???

14 June 2011

Maybe they had a sudden, last minute make-over in the set decoration/production area. The type of make-over that MAB needs to have for her plot driven exit for her plot driven character for her plot driven show. The way this woman writes, to her it makes sense. And she probably thinks it's genius...Uh, not...But, what do I know?... Innocent

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

I think this whole Ricky story was one huge annoying crock of ... !
Like many of us have said before, poor old Rickycakes had no chance in hell of every being a good son for Paul. He was probably another character written at the whim of our illustrious writing crew. And ... I just don't buy that Paul seemed not to have a single ounce of concern or fatherly love for his son. Paul really has no other option now than to go off the deep end.

Of course the only real crime in all of this was that us (the viewers) only got to see betowelled Ricky just once!

(This is a spoiler site but I do sort of tend to agree that Jillian's title line was a bit too revealing this time.)

... and here is a re-post of mine from the last thread regarding what we are going to have to put up with next:

So ... are we going to have to endure excruciating shrieks of self righteous indignation from Phyllis every time her soon to be again former friend the new DA dares to challenge her family for apparent criminal wrong doing? This Daniel in jeopardy episode may not go on for long, but what about when Michael is duty bound to investigate the infamous hit and run episode? It will be unbearable! Or is Phyllis magically in the clear for that? I hope not and I think not, so prepare for our ears to be bleeding a lot in the coming weeks.

pferrando's picture
28 June 2012

Contrasting this storyline with Diane's murder, I think it's moved quickly and I actually enjoy the Ricky character and how it's played. Feel they got the writing right this time.

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

@tedew: I agree with everything you say...I also wonder if Phyllis will get off scot-free for her past misdeeds, from trying to kill Cricket and Paul all those years ago to getting Daisy sprung from jail. MS' Phyllis is too shrieky and not subtle at all.
"
And I didn't realize this was a spoiler site." Not sure what that means. I have no problem with spoilers being shared, I just have a problem when the spoiler is named in the title of the post. Reading a title can not be avoided where a post can be avoided altogether.

pjc722's picture
6 February 2012

Of course to make the statement I am about to say is ridiculous BUT I am going to say it anyway, there are a few things wrong with the Young & the Restless right now.

First of all, I think taking the EASY ROAD OUT with Ricky was idiotic and a lame way to treat Paul because now every time I see the guy i am going to think HE IS ON THE BRINK of a nervous breakdown. Seriously, the man can never hold it together with his sister, Patti, or even when he talks to some people about RIcky. Now it turns out that RIcky is/was a psycho?!!

Seriously, Maria, it would have been so much better to write this that Paul got Ricky all wrong and in the end Ricky got his revenge on Phyllis, which was just proving that she tried to kill his father, PAUL and Christine all those years ago. It could have been at that point that Phyllis was arrested and the best story possible for her written and then Ricky could have just turned to Paul and said "I told you all I ever wanted to be was like my dad. But I'm not. I solved something that happened to you that you couldn't solve AND I WILL NEVER ABANDON my children to be an ABSENTEE DAD!!!" and then Ricky could have just returned to California to be with his grandparents and Isabella leaving Paul reeling from his mistakes and Maria could have easily written the same story she has now.

With the Abby and Carmine story, it's stupid, a repeat, and after all this time of maturing Abby to have her go and do this selfish and idiotic scheme just makes her one character I don't care to see now.

Over to the DA's office and Michael covering for Lauren?! Seriously?! He will arrest Daniel on so little and let his mentally unbalanced wife (I love Lauren) get off on having a gun?! Really?! WHY did he even have to find out?! Where has it gone that someone can't use it as blackmail on Lauren like the old days of soaps?!!

A show without Sharon kissing the old grumpy man is a show that is SOOOO Much better than the day befreo with her on it.

ChrisGa's picture
9 September 2009

@pjc722:Boy you nailed it regarding Michael, who between doing anything for Victor and now anything for the D.A.'s office, has reduced himself to being the town whore who let's himself be pimped out for any damn reason. And now he's gonna issue an arrest warrant for the man who shot his own son in order to save Michael's sister? Really?!? I actually thought the Ricky storyline was pretty suspenseful--something this show never does right anymore--so I'm sad to see it(and Peter Porte)come to an end just so Doug Davidson can cry a Kim Zimmer-style river. Sad that the only story this guy gets in the last 3 years involves his psycho relatives.

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

pjc722 ... your comments in paragraph three of post #15 make (would have made) so very much sense. I would really liked to have seen it all unfold that way. But no, and too bad for us.

Now Ronan being back at Victoria behest is more stupidity. This man is a purportedly important FBI agent who should not come running at a chronic criminal's beckoning just because his idiot daughter is pretending (and most in the know do feel it) to be kidnapped.

The other thing about Michael. Is it usual practice for a DA to be basically nearly personally conducting preliminary investigations? He is going have so many conflict of interest issues over the next few months it won't be funny.

jezza's picture
24 September 2011

Ricky fell through the bathroom window, and when he fell, you could see all of the other bathroom windows. (The place looks like a dump from the outside!) Also, yesterday when Paul came to his room, I did notice a small window in the main area. Not much natural light was coming through it, though LOL.

One observation re Michael's DA activities. I don't really know how the legal system works in fictional Genoa City, but it seems to me that Michael is doing the work of the police force. Aren't there cops in Genoa City who are in charge of investigating crimes and making arrests this early in the process, in short helping the DA to build a case? Is there a Police Commissioner? This is the first time I've seen a DA and his assistant DA on any soap getting this involved so early in an investigation.

hey mon's picture
19 May 2011

I finally get it. As Eileen D as Ashley is coming to an end, I get it. Been giving The Show too much creedance over the past 5 years. Now with all-Williams-are-crazy Ricky gone -- it maybe time to end the charade. Poor Rick, he never got a chance at romance in GC. His time near-naked when when he killed his girlfriend -- stupid. Should have been given a scene giving it good to Eden or Abby, oh well. He just turned out to be the psycho-of-the-month.

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

jezza ... that is about what I commented on Michael's activities just above.

Genoa City is an odd little hamlet. It has mega corporations, it seems to be one of the fashion and publishing capitols of the world, etc. etc; but every time a "major" or even minor crime occurs, some bigwig from outside is inconceivably brought in to help "solve" the case. Or Paul somehow gets involved.

Speaking of Paul, hopefully he will have to surrender his firearm now that he has shot his son and is on the fast track to looniedom himself.

marknsprmo's picture
14 June 2009

How does one live down killing one's own son (and only son at that)? I haven't watched much Y&R in the last year so I am not sure what is going on all the time. I do keep up somewhat here with the stories. I did watch some of the Cricket and Danny story recently and I caught a little of Michael Learner as Katherine but other than that, not much. If a soap goes to this kind of story, I hope that they play all the beats. This should be a defining moment for Paul. How does one go on from this? It COULD be an interesting story but probably it will be forgoten in a week because that is what Maria and company do!

itscoverboy's picture
29 June 2012

I'm really upset that Ricky is leaving the show. I saw this coming, but I was in denial about it. Bad boys keeps things interesting and Ricky was certainly a bad boy. (And, he is soooooo HOT!!!) Looks like I'll have to follow his career post Y&R.

Oh, and FYI.. at least we still have Carmine, right?

jezza's picture
24 September 2011

Hi, tedew. I posted my comment right after reading the comments about the window up above, so I didn't read what you wrote about Michael the DA until after I posted. But I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one scratching my head about that one!

22 December 2011

If you watch today's show, Ricky wasn't shot in the shoulder - he was shot in the bicep. That surely wasn't a hard enough blast to the body to make a 6-ft -plus man fall through a window...if you tell me Paul was carrying around Lauren's confiscated gun since the Gala fiasco, PUL-LEEZE...!!

If is was also Jack's birthday, where was Kyle? You think his own son would show some love to Smilin' Jack on his birthday? Where has he been through Abby's lame so-called "kidnapping" - her own cousin who brought his SORAS'ed lame ass back to GC??

Are you out there, MAB? I know you read the boards - your stories have so many holes, I could drive my neighbor's Hummer through them!!

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

Bartman202 ... right on. It is always so painfully obvious when Y&R is on budget restraint. There were absolutely no children or "children" anywhere in sight; but they were certainly mentioned. Plus the unseen but oft mentioned baby sitter looking after Lucy was rather annoyingly comical.

Also ... they must have very lax construction standards in Genoa City. From Jack very easily throwing chairs through office tower windows to this latest easy fall through a purportedly high class hotel (or whatever GCAC actually is).

I actually did think that episode was a pretty decent though. Except of course near the end with the ever so innocent Saint Phyllis of the Self-Righteous glowering at her soon to be again former friends the DA and his wife. I can't wait for Michael to find out that his next quarry (Phyllis) is one who should actually be behind those hallowed GCJ bars.

ChrisGa's picture
9 September 2009

I thought it was a good episode. I actually teared up a little when Ricky and Paul were arguing and then he went out the window; I know I harp on about how much I lust for Peter Porte's bod but lest I seem completely shallow it must be said that he did some great acting during the Ricky/Paul scenes, not to mention being extremely creepy during the bathroom scenes with a knocked-out Eden. Too bad that someone who fans actually seem to have gotten behind(for the most part)and seen potential in--not to mention being played by a good actor--has to meet an all too early demise while the same old characters people cannot stand played by mediocre thespians(Hi Daisy! Counting down the days til your miraculous resurrection....not)keep finding new ways to turn up thanks to MAB and her preschool writing staff. The delusion that woman has about how great this show is truly perplexes me.

25 September 2009

Yes, Michael was put in as DA to create drama while he goes after every friend he ever had. The only good thing that could ever have come out of the Ricky storyline was to see Eva Longoria make a pitstop back on Y&R, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Yes, Ricky was a hunk, especially when his hair was parted right but people, there's a MEGA hunk hotter than Ricky, aka Peter Porte, aka Clark Kent, still on the show (sadly, probably not for long)-Carmine. Not only is that body beyond perfection but the kid's funny, like Billy Abbott funny. I hope they develop him and lose Kyle, who's just annoying. Actually Carmine would have been better as Kyle, IMHO. Bottom line, the bitch Phyllis gets off again...The person who's been given the biggest shaft is Sharon, having to kiss that alligator. Yechhhhh!!!!!

25 September 2009

You know, regarding this window thing, not to take the writers' side ever, but how would we know whether there was a window in the bathroom or not before? Did we ever see a scene in the bathroom of the GCAC? Did we ever see a window in I Love Lucy's living room for that matter, no, just some drapes and then a piano, but we know that that room had to have a window. All living rooms do. (Actually, I was talking about the opposite wall,the fourth wall, as it were, but I digress....) My point is, there are loads of other bigger holes to pick in the writing of this soap than a window in a bathroom we never saw. Like, the idiocy of writing that a crafty Psycho like Ricky would just stash Daisy's phone and wallet under a sofa cushion, like he would just leave a video of his killing his ex on his laptop out in broad daylight in a hotel room? Like Phyllis leaving 18 year old evidence incriminating her in an attempted murder in her front closet. Like there are surveillance cameras at Phyllis' but never were at the Mustache's fortress when Adam went psycho...stuff like that...Actually, the most unbelievable thing in Genoa City is Lauren Fenmore's neck! How is it that woman (over 50?) has never aged??? It's time Y&R SORASes her neck and ass. I saw SORAS somewhere when reading about Kyle and Summer. I'm not even sure I know what it means but it think it's when soaps age characters overnight...

22 December 2011

ChrisGa wrote:
I thought it was a good episode...Too bad that someone who fans actually seem to have gotten behind(for the most part)and seen potential in--not to mention being played by a good actor--has to meet an all too early demise while the same old characters people cannot stand played by mediocre thespians(Hi Daisy! Counting down the days til your miraculous resurrection....not)keep finding new ways to turn up thanks to MAB and her preschool writing staff. The delusion that woman has about how great this show is truly perplexes me.

I share in your sentiment, "ChrisGa" - under the guidance of a truly creative Executive Producer and/or Head Writer, Ricky could have (and should have) become a legacy character. Under the ham-fisted writing of MAB and her 2 co-hacks, the character was introduced to GC like pretty much all of their other creations: angry, bitter and with an axe to grind.

As for feeling anything for the character's demise, I can't - perhaps if the character was fleshed out better and we knew more of his back-story as the tale developed, perhaps some empathy could have been mustered up. Instead, I pretty much chuckled through it all. Poor Doug Davidson ( a cast member for 30+ years) deserves better than this dime-store novel drivel! Now the ENTIRE Williams clan, for the most part, is certifiable - Thanks for nothing, MAB!

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

aroundhound... yes, Carmine definitely has the goods. He has that certain sexiness that the initially better looking types just can't muster.

(But I'm wondering, just who is giving Sharon the biggest shaft?)