Soap Couple Games: General Hospital, Round 1 (Voting Closed)



In the spirit of the 2012 Summer Olympics, we thought we’d have a little bit of fun by hosting the 2012 Summer Soap Couple Games. For the next two weeks current couples, past couples and teased couples of characters onscreen—as of July 27—will do battle for the Gold, Silver and Bronze medals of their respective show.  Each soap’s final three couples will then compete against the other three soap’s final three couples for the 2012 Summer All Around Soap Couple Games Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.

Round 1: Voting takes place July 30 – Midnight August 1
Twenty couples per show will compete to make it into Round 2. Only 10 couples from each soap can make it into Round 2.

Round 2: Voting takes place August 2 – Midnight August 5
The 10 couples with the most votes from Round 1 will compete for the five spots in Round 3.

Round 3: Voting takes place August 6 – Midnight August 8
The five couples with the most votes from Round 2 will compete for the Gold, Silver and Bronze medal of their respective soap. After winning Round 3, these three top vote getters will enter Round 4.

Round 4: All Around voting takes place August 9 – Midnight August 12
The Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winners from each soap’s Round 3 will compete for the final All Around Soap Couple Summer Games medals. Only the three couples with the most votes at the end of Round 4 will take home the final three medals.

Who will be the last three couples standing? Let the games begin!

Vote for the couple you want to winn the 2012 Summer Soap Couple Games.

Carly and Johnny
1% (34 votes)
Carly and Todd
5% (228 votes)
Elizabeth and Ewen
0% (23 votes)
Jason and Elizabeth
42% (2109 votes)
Jason and Sam
24% (1205 votes)
Luke and Anna
1% (61 votes)
Luke and Tracy
1% (66 votes)
Lulu and Dante
6% (297 votes)
Lulu and Johnny
3% (154 votes)
Lulu and Patrick
0% (14 votes)
Mac and Felicia
1% (37 votes)
Molly and TJ
0% (22 votes)
Robin and Patrick
7% (331 votes)
Sam and John McBain
5% (241 votes)
Sonny and Kate
0% (16 votes)
Spinelli and Maxie
1% (75 votes)
Starr and Michael
2% (78 votes)
Starr and Johnny
0% (9 votes)
Steve and Olivia
0% (8 votes)
Trey and Kristina
0% (4 votes)
Total votes: 5012

Comments

jezza's picture
Member since:
24 September 2011
Last activity:
4 hours 15 min

I'm not generally a fan of couples, so I'm not saying this as someone who is anti-Liason or pro-Jasam. (If I had to choose, though, I'd say let Jason be single because I like both Sam and Liz, and I prefer them when they are out of his orbit.) I am, however, saying this as someone who is extremely pro-Rebecca Herbst. I just don't think having Liz being inserted into the Jasam story is doing the character or the actress any favors. Liz is coming across as a second-string afterthought, and I'd like to see her in a story where she is more of a central player. That's why I'm still surprised that she and Patrick are only now crossing paths after weeks of not communicating at all.

In my opinion, the Lulu/Patrick choice should be Liz/Patrick. I had a friendly debate several weeks ago with a few posters about Lulu's involvement in Patrick's storyline, and several people mentioned that Lulu's experiences with addicts made her more than qualified to the driving force in Patrick's going to rehab. Fair enough.

I see that point, but I still think her inclusion in the story is pretty random, especially since she's now playing a larger role than Maxie. After all, the same addictions that affected Lulu also affected Liz, and in some ways, more profoundly than they did Lulu. Her marriage to Lucky ended because of his addiction, and she lost her son because Luke's addiction. If that doesn't qualify her to urge Patrick to get his butt to rehab, I don't know what does. In fact, I think scenes with Liz urging Patrick to get help would actually have carried more emotional weight because of all she lost due to Lucky's and Luke's addictions.

Furthermore, with the Ewen reveal, I think a Ewen, Liz, Patrick, Robin quadrangle actually makes a lot of sense. We all know that endgame is most likely Jasam (especially since Jason Jr. is alive, and Jason's the father), so it just seems like another waste of time for Liz. With Ewen, though, I'm not convinced that he's the ultimate bad guy in Robin's story. The GH blogger on SoapCentral suggested that he might actually be working to save Robin from the actual mastermind (who I hope to God turns out to be someone less obvious than Helena Cassadine), and I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be true. Yes, Ewen is keeping Robin from her loved ones, but from all the evidence I've seen so far, he does seem to be genuinely concerned for her, even somewhat remorseful, and he's shown no signs (yet!) of being evil or diabolical. And apparently, Nurse Fletcher isn't all bad. Remember when she gave Robin the shock treatments, she said under her breath something along the lines of "This is the part of the job that I really hate"? I feel as if the players we've seen thus far are merely pawns.

There's more to this story than meets the eye, and since Liz has strong ties to all of the players, I hope that she plays a huge role in it. Even if she and Patrick don't actually go there, I think her getting closer to Patrick would be a far more organic complication for when Robin returns (especially since Robin herself was pushing them together when she feared she was going to die after Lisa tampered with her meds) than a random, from-out-of-nowhere Patrick/Lulu pairing would be.

GHvetfan's picture
Member since:
26 October 2009
Last activity:
3 days 14 hours

Ah feeding the fan wars I see.

Jezza - I agree. Liz deserves more than Jason.

jezza's picture
Member since:
24 September 2011
Last activity:
4 hours 15 min

Haha, GHvetfan. I hope the Liason fans don't come after me, because I'm not trying to prop Jasam here. Honest! For the most part, I stay out of the couples wars because I'm more a fan of individual characters than of pairings. But I would just like to see Liz in a story where she can be a more meaningful player. Although Jason has been a douche lately, I've always liked the character (and the actor). I just don't think he's particularly built for romance (the character, not the actor). It's nice to see him finally having to do some work, though, which is one of the brightest spots of this story. But naturally, when the truth about the baby switch and paternity comes out, it will be Jason and Sam, just like it was John and Natalie on OLTL, and I'd hate to see Liz go the way of Marty or Brody in order to make that happen.

liason4real's picture
Member since:
10 May 2008
Last activity:
19 hours 15 min

I am not just a Liason fan, but a LizFF. Sam admitted to Jason that she chased after him (dropping out of the sky in her panties, the red bikini in Florida, the peepshow outfit, etc) not long after Liason ended things when Jake was grabbed by the Russian's. I guess this means Sam was the rebound girl in 2009 since Jason couldn't or wouldn't put Liz/Cake in danger. Liz has not made any moves on Jason and is only being a friend since they do have a strong connection going back to 1999 and shared a child.

As for the Jake "replacement" baby, why would his discovery keep JaSam together when the opposite happened for Liason? Jake was a threat that had to be removed in order for JaSam to have a baby in the first place. Besides, I miss the little adorable kid that played Jake.

As for Jolie 2.0 and baby Liam, pfft,,,John is now on GH and about to go romantic with Sam. I still think RC made a huge mistake in not making Brody the baby Daddy for Liam and Ryder, because it was soapy with a potential for stories for years to come.

Also, I want the romantic Liason story told since it was well on its way before Brian Frons tinkled all over it back in 2002, 2004 and again in 2008!

liason4real's picture
Member since:
10 May 2008
Last activity:
19 hours 15 min

This Liason fan is not going after anyone. We all have our opinions and at the end of the day, TIIC are the ones running the show.

soapjunkie88's picture
Member since:
3 July 2008
Last activity:
1 day 12 hours

Liason!

Seeing "Starr and Johnny" on the list only lets me think of what a horrible thing he has done to her. This pairing would be so wrong and fans would fight it!

Mel_O's picture
Member since:
26 May 2011
Last activity:
20 hours 7 min

ICAM, jezza. As much as I'm enjoying JMB and JT's chemistry (you can tell they really respect each other), Lulu as a character in this particular s/l just does not mesh. Elizabeth should've been in those scenes, and unless they're going with a Lulu/Patrick romance, I just don't understand the point.

liason4real's picture
Member since:
10 May 2008
Last activity:
19 hours 15 min

Liz spent a lot of time helping Patrick and Emma when Robin died, and some fans threw a hissy fit that she was after Robin's man...grrr. The same fans were ticked during Robin's PPD story because Patrick was leaning on Liz and everyone was furious that Liz was going after Robin's man...grrr. I have always liked Liz/Patrick friendship going back to when Lucky was using drugs and accusing the couple of having an affair.

Yes, Liz probably should be the shoulder for Patrick to lean on since Robin asked her to help out after Lisa messed with her medication. But, on the other hand, Lulu knows just as well what happens when you deal with an addict (Luke and Lucky) with their booze and pills. It's also refreshing to see RC mix up the characters so that their not living in a vaccum.

One last thing, Liz needs to take care of Liz, Cam and Aiden and not be the shoulder that everyone leans on and for goodness sakes, give the woman a freaking love interest and romance that does not lead to the guy being cray cray.

Member since:
16 October 2008
Last activity:
1 day 42 min

Johnny & Lulu fan from waaaaaay back!

Yoryla's picture
Member since:
26 May 2012
Last activity:
1 day 2 hours

sammyboy wrote:
I just can't understand the love of Elizabeth on GH!! And definitely can't understand fans wanting her and Jason together, UGHHH Sad

I totally agree. I fail to see the interest this character, or Jason, bring. And I am certainly not interested in them as a couple.

This was actually a tough poll, because it was hard to think of any couple currently that are "meant to be". Voted for Robin & Patrick.

No Daisy's picture
Member since:
12 January 2010
Last activity:
49 weeks 2 days

LOL, I see the robo voters are out in full force this morning. The only thing these polls are good for is to get hits for the website. So, good job DC. I hope it works out well for you.

blackchic32's picture
Member since:
10 May 2009
Last activity:
1 year 36 weeks

I see the robovoting has started on this poll like all others. Such a shame this poll is going like this.

EricasEvilTwin's picture
Member since:
15 July 2008
Last activity:
4 weeks 5 days

Definitely robo voters and its a shame to see jasam fans doing what is typically in the purview of the liason playbook especially when polls like this are irrelevant. There is no way JaSam ultimately wins a poll at liason confidential even though i think they have broader support. (i think liz and jason have deeper support)

as for jasam - sam admitted to wanting to look cute when she went over to jasons house months after jason and liz called it quits. I dont recall nor can i imagine how she would plan on falling out of the sky from the metro court running from someone she was tailing JUST when jason happened by - the logistics alone would be absurdly complicated. Unlike liz who admitted to climbing those stairs with the intent to bed even knowing jasam were only apart because of his desire to keep her safe (she didnt know that sam had taken a torch to her life with ric at that point)

I would anticipate the baby bringing them back together because they havent stopped loving one another no matter what happens with john and liz and thought jake didnt keep liz and jason together, the difference was the paternity in that case was a secret. in this case, unless jason chooses to hide it again (and i cant see sam agreeing to a ruse that involves her telling her child that his father was a rapist) everyone will know jasons the dad so why would you be with someone else when you can be with the woman you love and be a full time parent.

I thought liz at times was too flirty with patrick BUT that was at a time when robin was still "alive". Given the circumstances, I think liz should be in a quad with robin/patrick/ewan not jason/sam/john. JT brings out the best in everyone he works with and for the first time in ages i actually see chemistry in what could be a potential liz pairing (piz).

GHFan777's picture
Member since:
3 June 2010
Last activity:
1 hour 32 min

Yep I thought it was funny too...One hour ago the have four hundred and some votes and all of a sudden 300 plus Jasam fans decided to vote. LOL...Funny.

GHFan777's picture
Member since:
3 June 2010
Last activity:
1 hour 32 min

Oh EET...just read your post...No Sam did admit to chasing Jason, after they got married...You know I like Sam...I am not putting her down...Sam made a joke of what she had to do, to get him to notice her again...They had this conversation maybe on their honeymoon...I can't be sure...I don't pay much attention to Jasam moments...AND I didn't fault her for that either...She loved Jason and wanted him back...she went after what she wanted and got it...A lot of women do.

If Sam gets with John...I will be joining the SamFF and McBamFF clubs. I do love them together...and I have always liked Sam...just not with Jason. Smile

Member since:
30 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 36 weeks

EricasEvilTwin wrote:
Definitely robo voters and its a shame to see jasam fans doing what is typically in the purview of the liason playbook especially when polls like this are irrelevant. There is no way JaSam ultimately wins a poll at liason confidential even though i think they have broader support. (i think liz and jason have deeper support)

as for jasam - sam admitted to wanting to look cute when she went over to jasons house months after jason and liz called it quits. I dont recall nor can i imagine how she would plan on falling out of the sky from the metro court running from someone she was tailing JUST when jason happened by - the logistics alone would be absurdly complicated. Unlike liz who admitted to climbing those stairs with the intent to bed even knowing jasam were only apart because of his desire to keep her safe (she didnt know that sam had taken a torch to her life with ric at that point)

I would anticipate the baby bringing them back together because they havent stopped loving one another no matter what happens with john and liz and thought jake didnt keep liz and jason together, the difference was the paternity in that case was a secret. in this case, unless jason chooses to hide it again (and i cant see sam agreeing to a ruse that involves her telling her child that his father was a rapist) everyone will know jasons the dad so why would you be with someone else when you can be with the woman you love and be a full time parent.

I thought liz at times was too flirty with patrick BUT that was at a time when robin was still "alive". Given the circumstances, I think liz should be in a quad with robin/patrick/ewan not jason/sam/john. JT brings out the best in everyone he works with and for the first time in ages i actually see chemistry in what could be a potential liz pairing (piz).

What do you mean jasam has 'broader support'? You're not actually implying they have a bigger fanbase are you? Liason got nothing then they followed it up with a dead kid. Jasam got EVERYTHING, and 1000x more airtime and the ratings plummetted. If Jasam's fanbase is so big where were they?

Member since:
30 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 36 weeks

What do you mean Jasam has 'broader support'? You're not actually implying they have a bigger fanbase are you? Liason got nothing then they followed it up with a dead kid. Jasam got EVERYTHING, and 1000x more airtime and the ratings plummetted. If Jasam's fanbase is so big where were they?

GHvetfan's picture
Member since:
26 October 2009
Last activity:
3 days 14 hours

DC is really cleaning up in this fan war. I don't see the battle translated to ratings where it would matter though.

GHvetfan's picture
Member since:
26 October 2009
Last activity:
3 days 14 hours

DC is really cleaning up in this fan war. I don't see the battle translated to ratings where it would matter though.

EricasEvilTwin's picture
Member since:
15 July 2008
Last activity:
4 weeks 5 days

I see robo voting begot robo voting and yeah sound and fury signifying nothing. Lisa I do think the jasam base is broader but the liason voices are more committed.

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
5 weeks 5 days

EricasEvilTwin wrote:
I see robo voting begot robo voting and yeah sound and fury signifying nothing. Lisa I do think the jasam base is broader but the liason voices are more committed.

I have to totally agree with this just because I think that Kemo has a huge broad fan base.. IMHO her fanbase is one of the broadest on the show. I think it was awesome how RH's fans banned together to make sure she was rehired- however during the sweeps where Sam was blown up in the limo I saw random news coverage of it. Just articles like is she leaving and unorganized support of please don't leave Kemo. I know for myself I have watched this soap since the 80's but have never got on these message boards till last year.. That was long winded- sorry- but my point was I think the fan bases are two very different groups..

doodleynoodle's picture
Member since:
17 February 2009
Last activity:
11 weeks 3 days

EricasEvilTwin wrote:
I see robo voting begot robo voting and yeah sound and fury signifying nothing. Lisa I do think the jasam base is broader but the liason voices are more committed.

LOL! As if.

doodleynoodle's picture
Member since:
17 February 2009
Last activity:
11 weeks 3 days

I think it's great. Why shouldn't the DC gang clean up on this opportunity? They get paid for every hit...CHA-CHING!! Cash

Go for it Luke!

Member since:
20 March 2011
Last activity:
1 year 3 weeks

The character of Elizabeth has been my favorite since she debuted. And the character of Jason has always been my favorite male. I have waited for more than a decade to see the greatest love story still to be told given its due. I'm still holding out hope that Jake will be found alive as well.

I love the character of John McBain. I was also a OLTL fan. Kelly should run with McBam because it is the only chemistry her character has had since Greg Vaughn's Lucky. I don't know what that scene between Sam and Jason was supposed to convey today- it was totally flat and unemotional.

I think Liason is coming...I think Jake is alive... and I don't think Sam's baby is Jason's.

April06Jean's picture
Member since:
17 December 2009
Last activity:
1 year 37 weeks

Smile Liason all the way!

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
5 weeks 5 days

BornSoapStar wrote:
The character of Elizabeth has been my favorite since she debuted. And the character of Jason has always been my favorite male. I have waited for more than a decade to see the greatest love story still to be told given its due. I'm still holding out hope that Jake will be found alive as well.

I love the character of John McBain. I was also a OLTL fan. Kelly should run with McBam because it is the only chemistry her character has had since Greg Vaughn's Lucky. I don't know what that scene between Sam and Jason was supposed to convey today- it was totally flat and unemotional.

I think Liason is coming...I think Jake is alive... and I don't think Sam's baby is Jason's.

Curiously you wrote Kelly should go with McBam- what does Kelly have to do with it?? It's the writers..... Also I happen to think Jasam have oodles of chem but I think she does with all of the characters. Even more so now it is showing with Todd and John.. For me Liason have a brother sister vibe. But I guess we all see what we see....

doodleynoodle's picture
Member since:
17 February 2009
Last activity:
11 weeks 3 days

Ya know, the brother and sister vibe was born when describing Jason & Sam on GHH years ago where a lot of Liason/JaSam arguments got started. Which, curiously enough, courtesy of certain people around here who are experts in revisionist history, the debating point origins are contributed to the wrong fanbase. It cracks me up when JaSam fans use old regurgitated arguments directed at their couple & call them original. Liason fans are nothing if not creative and we have never had any problem coming up with new ways to describe the train wreck that is JaSam.

I thought Jason & Sam had awesome potential as friends and it really threw me for a loop when Jason got saddled with another woman courtesy of Sonny & his problems. That first awkward scene with those two trying to kiss was accutely painful to watch. I was embarrassed for them both.

I thought Kelly & Mo had chemistry but their story was told completely wrong creating the fan backlash that caused the demise of that almost couple and I hated when they killed their baby. I saw chemistry between Greg Vaughan & Kelly, even if THEIR story was sleazy to say the least. If the writers were doing their job they could have pulled it off better and made it work.

But seriously, hands down, Kelly & Michael Easton have off the charts chemistry. I can even ignore her annoying closed eyes/eyes rolling to the heavens/arm flailing attempts to remember her lines...which she delivers wrong half the time anyway. Somehow with him, she seems more at ease and it just works. Chemistry is hard to describe...it is or it isn't.

Even if Elizabeth & Jason never got together on this show ever again...GH needs to do itself HUGE favor and break JaSam the hell up. They are and have been one of the most tedious romantic pairings in all of GH history. There is no way, if TIIC had been doing their job AT ALL during the previous regime would they have ever lasted as long as they have. Thank goodness for Cartini...

Now if they can just put Skate out of my misery...they're the slimiest... Puzzled

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
5 weeks 5 days

Actually in my opinion- which I can assure you is my own- the brother sister vibe to me has always been because they slightly look alike and cause I don't see alot of passion between them. For me I always thought it was because their families were so close maybe it was wierd. However I have read that her husband is a huge fan and is usually pimping getting them together so RH would have solid work.. But who knows what's what with all these rumors..

Again my point is I see what I see.... But I would wonder how you would know if Kemo delivers her lines wrong. If you don't like her character fine- but why attack her as a person...

doodleynoodle's picture
Member since:
17 February 2009
Last activity:
11 weeks 3 days

I'm not attacking her as a person. AS a person I think she is extremely clever...the girl knows how to use what God gave her. The reason I know she says her lines wrong is because they don't make sense in relation to the conversation the characters are having sometimes.

I will admit, I noticed a huge improvement in her acting about a year ago. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes but she seems to be more focused than she used to be most of the time. I kind of always felt like she had one foot out the door before and not completely there.

Ya'll give Michael Saucedo a lot of credit. If he had the power to be a puppet master for Becky's career then perhaps he could have used a little bit of that mojo to get HIS old job back. Since I'm pretty sure as her husband he has Becky's best interest at heart, of course he's going to be supportive of her job. To think he wields this superhuman influence over it is probably not true.

I agree with you on one point...we do see what we see. But at this point it hardly matters. I'm excited about the show again as a whole. I'll always have my favorites but as long as the show overall is making sense...it's all good in my book.

Sweet Dreams!

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
5 weeks 5 days

Good Night Miss Doodle- I still have a glass of wine to finish but as always it is nice to agreee to disagree in a friendly manner....

GHvetfan's picture
Member since:
26 October 2009
Last activity:
3 days 14 hours

Ya know, I do not understand why it matters to any of you who has broader support versus deeper support. I like who I like and get turned off by who gets me bored with GH and gets me to turn it off. I really could care less about whether anyone else likes what I like. There is actually no way for you all to know how many fans each actress or pairing has. The polls are always fixed. It is creative to suggest one fan base is somehow less aboveboard because a pairing wins. Who really cares besides DC. They are the only ones who benefit from this poll. GH doesn't. Becky and Kelly do not benefit. One silly poll is not going to bring back viewers. Robovoting was not invented by one fan base. Silliness!

By the way, I like Miss Doodle as a moniker. It has a kid lit adult character name vibe for me. It kind of flows for me. Digging it!

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
5 weeks 5 days

I will confess when I typed Miss Doodle what was really in my head was Eliza Doolitte- who is a character I adore along with the beautiful Audrey Hepburn.. With the throw back Elizabeth Taylor picture it's always the name that's in my head..

EricasEvilTwin's picture
Member since:
15 July 2008
Last activity:
4 weeks 5 days

Vet for once we agree. Polls like this mean absolutely nothing and have little to no benefit to the actors or the show. I will however note that in my post about depth and breadth i said I THINK...as in MY OPINION...that is my perception based on the various posts i read on sites, some inside knowledge of incoming mail counts, what the media covers and what not. What I find amusing is that the comeback from Liz FF is often words like as if or wrong or in your dreams or something along the lines that suggests that somehow they have some FACTUAL basis for disagreeing and arent just offering up THEIR OPINION. As for brother sister - i can honestly say ive never seen that in relation to sam and jason, only liz and jason. I dont doubt what doodle is saying only that apparently maybe it was only a small number of liz fans saying it and then jasam fans came up with it too and ran with it. i cant say aside only from what ive read.

As for where the base went - well some of it went out the door during the summer of sleaze and hasnt come back. Lets not forget what the ratings were for jasam in 05 vs. liason in 07 and what the ratings continue to be now even with jasam over and liason sharing scenes again. I would argue that fans HATE when major characters are written totally OOC. Jason had spent a decade give or take screaming to the high heavens about people being able to make their own choices only to turn around and deny sam that opportunity by giving her up for her own safety DESPITE her wishes. No way would jason leave the love of his life in a hospital bed. We've also heard him yammer and yammer and yammer about honesty and yet hello JAKE and the paternity lie. That is SO not Jason. And Sam has always been shown to behave instinctually. She has the biggest love hate relationship with carly and yet even when she wants to throttle carly she still has saved her life (think black and white ball). She had a tenuous relationship still with her mother and yet without hesitation she jumped on diego rescuing Alexis from strangulation. Then there is Liz with the Russians - I mean if Sam was truly ruthless and calculating she could have walked out and left Liz to fend off the hit men on her own and liz and cake would be dead but instead she was going to use herself as a human shield to protect them. THIS is the person Im suppose to believe watched Jake get kidnapped? Im sorry but I just dont buy that even with what I believe was a mental breakdown. I dont think even in that condition the character is capable of it, and I dont think her other fans did either. Had jason left when sam was better because we saw sam torn between honoring her mothers wishes that she led a mob free life and her love for jason and jason saying can you say that your heart isnt divided and THEN having a ONS with liz, liz getting preggers, him reuniting with sam and then finding out about the baby and being honest - THAT story i would have found way more believable.

Cyberologist's picture
Member since:
27 December 2007
Last activity:
1 day 2 hours

Oh here we go I haven't counted so I would have no way of knowing... her fanbase is huge her fanbase is bigger than my fanbase, err whatever the fanbase they ain't watching the show because GH was at record lows and the uber popular duo cancelled out a show for "low viewership"

I can say anything unless I take a head count its speculation.

JasamForever's picture
Member since:
29 December 2009
Last activity:
5 hours 22 min

@Doodlenoodle- You are totally entitled to your opinion but I totally disagree with your posts. I don't think Kelly usually forgets her lines as you stated. I don't even know where that statement came from. Becky was the actress that was mentioned by several that needed to go back to acting school during the Liz/Nik/Lucky reveal.

I do think it has been robovoters by both parties; Jasam and Laison. I personally don't have the time. I totally agree with you EET-Jasammers are very large, but do not go to the extremes that Laison fans do.

And as far as the brother and sister vibe, I totally thought that when I saw Liz and Jason, and I did not start watching GH until 09 and had never visited any boards.

GHvetfan's picture
Member since:
26 October 2009
Last activity:
3 days 14 hours

Cyber- I agree. The only way to judge whose is bigger is to whip em out in person and measure. Everything else is a combo of wishful thinking and speculation.

Member since:
30 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 36 weeks

Sorry Erica but the only thing broader than the BS around Jasam being bigger is the 1.6's brought in each and every week for four years as they topped episode counts and got everything. Math is math. They tanked.

Member since:
1 August 2012
Last activity:
1 year 37 weeks

I usually like to keep my opinions to myself but I feel I should weigh in my opinion. Obviously I am a Jasam fan which means I do not like liason at all. I am not one of those Jasam fans who say liason looks like they have a brother and sister relationship. I just personally think bro and sis relationship or not has anything to do with it. I feel them as a couple has no growth and story at all. I started watching GH in 07 right when Jasam was in the middle of their breakup so I missed the beginning of Jasam’s history so I was in no way a one hundred percent diehard fan as I am today. So back then I could have easily opened up to liason’s story and I did because I watched it. What you see on TV for a couple represents who they are and I am sorry to say, but Jason and Elizabeth did nothing for me.

I saw a couple who sneaked off while in the meantime had a son together. I actually thought at some point they would get over themselves and get together officially but it never happened and as soon as they started they were over. In my opinion a couple is two people who are in a relationship not two people who can’t make up their minds. It’s a choice it’s either yes or no. that’s it. Simple. Jason and Sam on the other hand started a relationship that was built from the bottom up yes they had their fights as any couple would but that’s what couples go through. They slip and they pick themselves up. Now is Liz a nice and a caring person? Sure. But she is not the reason why liason doesn’t work for me. Both Jason and Elizabeth are reason why it doesn’t work for me. It’s that simple. To me they had their chance. Jake didn’t die for the sake of a Jasam child to be born I never wanted Jake to die. That kid should have been Lucky’s. half of Jakes life even without Sam Jason was still living he wasn’t living in pain because of Jake not being in his life except the little times he saw Jake but other than that was pretty much it. Jason could have claimed his kid anytime. Elizabeth said from the start that she wanted Jake to have a safe life and don’t dare deny it because I will come back with clips for proof. Scenes don’t lie.

At the end of the day Jason could have had two kids, but I think the writers were at a place where they realized letting liason have a baby in the first place wasn’t really a smart move. They could have had an ons but that’s where the writers should have left it. At the end of the day what did Jake really do for the storyline except put Jason and Elizabeth in each other’s orbit? Absolutely nothing, In the long run Jasam reunited which honestly I can say I didn’t even see coming, because to me GH is just a show and when a couple is over I move on and find something else to entertain me. As for the people saying Sam went after Jason after liason broke up just got it all wrong. If I can say so myself I think liason broke up because the writers saw that liason was not doing anything for the show.

They even had lusam broke up randomly, when they were doing fine. I think those things happening was indicating Jasam was getting back together scratch that from the moment when Jasam bumped into each other when Sam was investigating Jerry was the real start to it all. Jason and Sam got back together in 09 which looking at it they weren’t apart for long. Jason and Elizabeth got nowhere in their relationship. Sometimes it feels like they sneaked around from some part of 07-08. Which was what? Like a year? That’s exactly my point. If Jason and Elizabeth having a child together didn’t make a difference what will now? We all know Jason Jr is Jason’s and if you really think Jason is going to walk away from his kid again you really got it wrong and that baby is Jason’s if I can come to accept Jake was Jason’s liason fans should to. The test coming back revealing it was Franco’s was just a way to drive Jason and Sam apart. It’s a soap that’s what soaps do they put strong couples in deep deep holes to the point where they can’t come out but they will.

And as for ratings it has nothing to do with what couple is better I still watched GH when Jasam weren’t together I doubt that everyone watching GH back then was a liason fan. I am not trying to start a fight but when liason fans say that where is your proof? Just because 2.4’s? You can’t just assume everyone watching is a liason fan just like I can’t assume everyone watching GH is a Jasam fan. That’s your opinion not a fact and unless you can literally see who is tuning in your point is highly invalid because of the pure fact your claim is lacking evidence. I think back then had better story lines compared to now. If liason was bringing in ratings Jason and Sam would have never got the time of day ever again. Breaking up in 07 would have been the end of them and Liason would be married right now with Jake in their lives. GH is not out to kick liason’s history in the face so this 1999 thing needs stop. From 1999 up to now they spent most of their time apart. Jason and Carly knew each since 1996 does that mean they’re lovers? No it doesn’t. I think liason is shown as a relationship that will never work. She can’t handle his life. And at the end of the day opposites don’t attract. Do you think a democrat and a republican can get married? NO WAY. That’s destined for failure. You can have your opinion but what’s on screen doesn’t lie. I think Jason loves Liz but it isn’t enough for a relationship liason fans are looking for.

And it’s highly ridiculous that Liason is only played when Jasam is going through something which shows what I said from the start. No growth. It’s already established that Jason and Elizabeth just can’t work and it’s very sad that Sam has to do something for them to even get intimate and in each other’s orbits. It’s nothing that we haven’t already seen it’s the same story. Sam cheats Jason turns to Liz it’s not fresh and original and it was how Jake was born in the first place. So by all means stick by liason with the same exact storyline which will most likely turn out in Jasam’s favor again. When Jake died that should have been a fresh start for Elizabeth. For a character that was there for years it’s pretty sad that the only time she has an actual story is when she is with Jason. I thought the Nik/ Lucky/ Liz storyline was good but it was a flop. It’s like no writer can do her justice. Elizabeth has history besides Jason and I don’t have to be a Liz fan to see it. She’s been around for years.

But anyways I think I went on for too long now believe what you want but at the end of the day what comes out on TV is what really matters. I don’t need to a poll to convince me Jasam is a strong couple. We’re living in a world where people can hack and cheat. What hasn’t been done? I think I have seen it all. Jasam has a huge fan base and so does liason. Even though I might have to agree with Jasam having a broader fan base. For a couple that has been around since 2003 is doing something and if not Liason would be together right now. Sometimes people have to just be honest. I would be lying if say Liason wasn’t in some way popular then there wouldn’t be fan wars.

For the people who want to cheat happy cheating because anyone can cheat their way through something but the real answer always reveal itself.

liason4real's picture
Member since:
10 May 2008
Last activity:
19 hours 15 min

If I can say so myself I think liason broke up because the writers saw that liason was not doing anything for the show.
======
If you listen to DC podcasts, Jamey has stated before that Brian Frons wanted KeMo paired with SBu and not RH.

As for Liason, they had a long history going back to 1999 and were about to go romantic in 2002, when once again Brians Frons stopped the pairing in order to pair SBu with ALW.

Liason start/stop had more to do with Frons than anything else.

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
5 weeks 5 days

Well said JasamAlways.... Away from that I would just like to say that in the ever going debate of Sam vs. Liz we tend to forget the wonderful character of Robin.. There are of course many, many others like Anna, Alexis, Tracy, Carly and Maxie that have those great fanbases. They all help carry the show. During the higher ratings after the SOS you had the come back of Robin and Laura. Guessing on my part it was like two years later when it really went to the Sonny, Jason and Carly POV show. That is when the ratings took the biggest drop. The rating's big spike came this year during the big Anna coming back and Robin "dying".. I just think as a soap viewer you can't totally be just a "if there is no liason together I am not watching" type of viewer. I have read people basically saying if they are not put together they are not going to watch. Sadly that doesn't really help the actors who I am sure would rather have a job then have you boycott and also if you are only watching for one couple you will be disappointed eventually. I am a Kemo fan first and if she was let go I would fight like hell to keep her. In the end however I am a soap FF.. I would never boycott cause I don't like her pairing. Again it's fictional- I am certain she would rather have a job at the show then have it go off the air..

In defense of Kemo she is not a writer on the show. I have seen her get attacked on her own twitter by over zealous liason fans that seem to think the worlds problems lie at her feet. Sorry- but that is just silly!! Leave her alone she is doing her job and doing it great if you ask me..

EricasEvilTwin's picture
Member since:
15 July 2008
Last activity:
4 weeks 5 days

I will say again I never said that my OPINION was anything but MY OPINION (unlike others who are dead certain that ratings and ratings alone PROVE which fan base is bigger) however it is an OPINION born of seeing the facebook responses over time, reading boards over more than a decade, insider info on mail counts and insider info on focus groups for starters. that still makes it an opinion but it is an EDUCATED OPINION.

Liason IF liz and jason turn out not to be the end game and liz only has a ONS or dalliance with jason this go around and he either moves on to someone new or returns to sam, what will be the working theory then given that frons is gone? I am guessing a new "bad guy" will appear in the narrative to explain why in the world once again the people in soaps dont believe jason and liz is a front burner worth couple. I really think the ONLY basis of merit for putting them together is the fact that one is a webber and the other is a q. If they dont reunite jason and sam i would really rather see jason with robin, nat or lulu before seeing the boredom that would be a reunion with lizard/

Member since:
30 April 2009
Last activity:
1 year 36 weeks

Thank you. Backing up such a silly claim is only PROVEN by RATINGS. A couple that is front and center with airtime, a wedding, adventures, and a kid and still the ratings continue to DECLINE is not proof of a large fanbase. Give Liason the SAME airtime, hell let them go on a damn date, stop firing one half and killing their child and we'll see. But to make a statement that the fanbase is bigger when numbers simply DON'T prove it is mind boggling. If my couple had gotten the airtime and stories their had and the ratings were this bad, I'd happliy keep my mouth shut and just enjory it, I certainly wouldn't be claiming a large fanbase when the ratings prove otherwise.

js3557's picture
Member since:
28 September 2009
Last activity:
2 days 4 hours

Guza gave an interview in which he clearly stated that in order to give Jasam a baby the writers felt that they had to kill Jake off. He said they couldn't have Jason staying away from Jake because of danger and then be around his other kid. It was a quote from the head writer in black and white. Jake was killed to make way for baby Danny.

JasamForever's picture
Member since:
29 December 2009
Last activity:
5 hours 22 min

@js3557-Can you please provide a link to that interview.

JASAMMABBY's picture
Member since:
5 April 2011
Last activity:
5 weeks 5 days

I tried to find an interview where he said that and was unsuccessful.. All I found was one where he said that he felt the death would lead to better interaction for them.

JasamForever's picture
Member since:
29 December 2009
Last activity:
5 hours 22 min

@Jasammbaby-Thanks!