General Hospital's Brandon Barash Goes IN on Chick-fil-A!

While some soap stars were exercising their rights to free speech, by tweeting support for bigotry, others were coming down on the side of basic human and civil rights. Here's what General Hospital's Brandon Barash (Johnny) tweeted about Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day:

Just when I thought I couldn't be a bigger fan of this guy...

Comments

28 April 2011

opinions are like assholes we each have one

just because someone is on a tv show, a movie star, a sportscaster, a blogger, a politian or the president of the United States, their opinion is not any more right then mine!

too bad we are not allowed to each have our own OPINION and not get cruxified for it or put on pedestal because you agree with it!

JMO!

No Daisy's picture
12 January 2010

That's going to make for an uncomforatable ride on the Port Chuck tour bus.

In times like this where we have people like Melissa Reeves who support Chick-fli-A, I think it's great that Brandon Barash is voicing his disapproval.

And Reeves' support is NOT about free speech or her simple right to not support gay-marriage. Chick-fli-A keeps organizations alive that want to do way more to people than ban gay-marriage.

Sadly most don't get this. And try talk about the definition of marriage, free speech and a gay lobby. SAD!

marknsprmo's picture
14 June 2009

Seriously I can not believe that Chick fil A is an issue. Ok this company is run by and was created by a bunch of conservative christians. They are not gonna stop believing what they believe anytime soon. The public has known of their proclivities the whole time. It has not been a secret. Going after them will only make a martyr of them. It is not useful. People will or won't shop at Chick fil A. A chicken sandwhich is not a political tool. And this company is hardly the only one who does not recognize same sex partners. Ya wanna go after someone? Go after the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. Go after Baptist Bible Fellowship. Go after the National Republican Party. Those companies are targetting gay issues and pumping seriously large amounts of money into trying to keep pro gay laws off the books. As far as I know, chick fil a just makes chicken sandwhichs.....

28 April 2011

why not boycott all the gas stations that get their fuel from OPEC nations that exterminate homosexuals?

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

Again, I love this guy!

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

[quote=cgoff]opinions are like assholes we each have one..quote]

But not all of us ARE one!

28 April 2011

SoapArmageddon][quote=cgoff wrote:
opinions are like assholes we each have one..quote]

But not all of us ARE one!

again, that is a matter of OPINION!

8 February 2010

No Daisy wrote:
That's going to make for an uncomforatable ride on the Port Chuck tour bus.

That was my first thought as well!

:)marknsprmo...Here Here...ITA...go after the organizations & companies that are pumping big bucks for pushing prejudice and discrimation issues against LBGT people. People of open mindness rather race, creed, color being straight or gay can excerise their buying power and stopping buying Chick-fil-A products. This will all die down and later then sooner could then feel the sting. There's plenty of good, long fight ahead that needs our voice towards any organization needing our focus for change! Shock

bishbay's picture
23 June 2010

cgoff, there are plenty of fundy-friendly soapboards--go complain about how terrible liberals are at one of those. You're verging on trolling at this point. And worst of all, you're a boring troll.

3 August 2012

Why are only the "offended" allowed their opinions?I say speak your mind,whether you believe homeosexuality is right or wrong or whatever,we live in a country that says we should be able to speak our minds.I could not go to Chic Fil A if I wanted,there is not one here.So I could care less either way,but I applaud Mr. Cathy for speaking his mind(whether he is right or wrong is irrelevant) and standing behind his convictions.He has a right to his beliefs just as much as any of us.Mr. Barash is welcome to his opinion as well,as someone else said opinions are like #($holes,everybody has one.

nysam's picture
28 October 2008

Bishbay, leave cgoff alone. Just because he/she has a different perspective doesn't mean he/she can't express it. It irks me that when someone has a differing opinions on boards they quickly get labeled a troll. It is so immature to resort to name calling. For the record, I'm a gay man and I love my chick fil A. It's yummy.

bishbay's picture
23 June 2010

nysam, literally every statement in your post is annoying and wrongheaded. I am labeling cgoff a troll not because he disagrees, but because he just wants to argue and rile people up without any possibility of constructive dialogue. As for your final two sentences, I really hope you get help. You clearly hate yourself, or love fast food more than your own dignity.

nysam wrote:
For the record, I'm a gay man and I love my chick fil A. It's yummy.

You know that they finance groups that rather would see you dead, right!? But as long as your chicken is okay I guess your world is alright... -.-

1 April 2009

WOW so Brandon name calls and is nasty and he is loved, Melissa just says yeah for free speech and does not insult anyone and she is bashed. Does anyone else NOT see how wrong that is?

Why is it ok to HATE on people who think differently and praise people who encourage hate, WHICH is what people are allegedly mad at Chick Fil A for doing in the first place.

OH the irony people are ticked at CFA for encouraging hate meanwhile every forum out there that is against them are encouraging people to boycott, insult or hate on CFA.

1 April 2009

soapjunkie88 wrote:
nysam wrote:
For the record, I'm a gay man and I love my chick fil A. It's yummy.

OR maybe he is just a good guy who has a live and let live policy and chooses not to be full of hate for people who think differently than him. UNBELIEVABLE now its ok to insult the gay guy for NOT hating CFA?

3 September 2009

Mine too (PC group) as well as the possible turmoil behind the scenes at GH.

Ryan-Scott's picture
4 May 2009

Thank you Brandon. Little sweetie pie.

IOWAHAWKEYE's picture

cgoff wrote:
opinions are like assholes we each have one

JMO!

Listen, being a fan of DOOL since I was in high school, I don't expect A-N-Y-O-N-E to understand how hurt I was to see that Melissa Reeves felt the need to throw her bigoted opinions out into the Twitter universe. I would just rather she kept them to herself. JMO!

27 July 2011

Makes me wish even more that GH had NOT taken Johnny down the path to nowhere!

20 August 2009

I have come to the realization that there is no point in arguing with people who say "I don't hate gay people, but I think marriage should be between a man and a woman." At this point in their very ignorant position they cannot be reasoned with. If they don't want to allow the LGBT community the right to marry then they are homophobic, just as surely as the people who didn't want blacks to marry whites were racists.

Loving Brandon a lot this morning...

hatinliasonisahobby wrote:
soapjunkie88 wrote:
nysam wrote:
For the record, I'm a gay man and I love my chick fil A. It's yummy.

I did not know that I insulted anyone. I only pointed out that he is eating in a fast food restaurant that supports groups that rather see him dead.
Why do some people don't understand that those people are just not telling us their opinion???? They actively go against human beings - want to put them in prison, want to see them dead.

Some people should look up who Chick-fli-A is supporting. Who they are financing. What groups they are keeping alive.

If you are against gay marriage. So be it! Chose your group and support them. But Chick-fli-A is doing more than that! Either some really do not get it or they do and just are okay with it.

js3557's picture
28 September 2009

Take the comments of the CEO and take out gay marriage and replace it with biracial marriage. Who here would not be offended by and criticize a man who was against a white person marrying a black person? We would call that man a hateful, ignorant racist, and we would be correct. So, when he says that he does not believe that gay Americans should be able to get married and actively funds and supports groups and movements working to stifle the civil rights of gay Americans, I see nothing wrong on calling him out on his bigotry. You can hate other races, you can hate gay people, you can hate people of different religions, but expressing your opinion is completely different from taking that next step to actively working to restrict the civil rights of those people you do not like or approve of. You have the right to hate me for any reason or no reason at all, but you never have the right to treat me as a lower class of American because there should never be such a thing.

16 October 2008

The nation of Islam and the new Black Panthers are against gay AND interracial marriage.....I dare you to call THEM names!

rapid_roman61's picture
15 April 2011

It's too bad Brandon Barash couldn't simply say he disagrees with that company's viewpoints and doesn't like their food without being insulting.

I agree with his stance, but at least Melissa whatserface was more civil when she stated hers.

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

The nation of Islam and the new Black Panthers are bigots.

I just did.

31 May 2011

Soapjunkie88 - what groups exactly is Chick-Fil-A financing that would like to see homosexuals dead? And do you mean the Cathy family as individuals or the corporation, which by the way is privately held so I'm not sure how you might have seen their books? Please back up your statements with facts.

JASAMMABBY's picture
5 April 2011
6 weeks 1 hour

Well worth the read- and straight to the point of the matter...

LizM wrote:

You should click the link "JASAMMABBY" already posted (http://www.owldolatrous.com/?p=288). After that you just have to do some research online about the organizations and Chick-fil-A's involvement. You'll find several sources to back what I said and what again is written on Owldolatrous.

Most interesting point:

Quote:
Two organizations that work very hard to maintain this status quo and roll back any protections that we may have are the Family Research Council and the Marriage & Family Foundation. For example, the Family Research council leadership has officially stated that same-gender-loving behavior should be criminalized in this country. They draw their pay, in part, from the donations of companies like Chick-Fil-A. Both groups have also done “missionary” work abroad that served to strengthen and promote criminalization of same-sex relations.
- Chick-Fil-A has given roughly $5M to these organizations to support their work.
- Chick-Fil-A’s money comes from the profits they make when you purchase their products.

As I said, you can back it up. It's online. News programs reported on that.

Chick-fil-A has reportedly founded the campaign for the WinShape Foundation for Uganda's "Kill The Gays" bill. You can find it online as well. Backed up with several sources.

And I don't have to see the books of the Chick-fil-A company. They put it out there themselves. They reach for support in what they are financing.