Hollywood Heights' Robert Adamson Cast as Noah on The Young and the Restless!

Looks like I'm two for two on Wishful Castings of late! First my suggestion that Everybody Hates Chris teen heartthrob Tequan Richmond take over the role of TJ on General Hospital became a reality; now The Young and the Restless has cast Hollywood Heights' hunk Robert Adamson as the new Noah Newman!  Here's the casting scoop from the Soap Opera Digest Facebook Page:

That was fast. YOUNG AND RESTLESS has already cast the next actor to take over the role of Noah Newman, last played by Kevin Schmidt. He's Robert Adamson, who just wrapped up a run on Nickelodeon's HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS as Phil. Adamson, who beings taping on September 4 and will first air on October 1, will work again with HH's former Executive Producer Jill Farren Phelps and Head Writer Josh Griffith, who now hold the same posts respectively on Y&R.

Majorly awesome news! Adamson, who also appeared in the ABC Family drama Lincoln Heights, definitely favors Noah's TV dad Joshua Morrow (Nick). I predict Adamson will bring a much-needed edge and sex appeal to the role of the Newman scion. I can't get enough of him as bady boy thief Phil on HH.

I had an inkling things looked good for Adamson when CBS Daytime Vice-President Angelica McDaniel responded to the Daytime Confidential tweet of my Wishful Casting. See the exchange below:

Photo credit: Hollywood Heights

Comments

14 June 2011

Goodness Jamey. Maybe you should be receiving some sort of "Finders' Fee" for the assistance you've given to the GH and Y&R casting departments. Wink Congratulations on hitting the marks... Innocent

17 August 2010

Good for you Jamey!

I am looking forward to this new Noah. I'm also looking forward to seeing who they are going to pair him with and pray to God that we are not gearing up for a Kyle/Eden/Noah triangle!

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

So…one day the peeps at CBS are sending the DC crew strongly worded emails about posting casting calls, then the next, they're doing the ole 'wink, wink, nudge, nudge' to your casting suggestions, LOL. They're so confused over there.

Coffee_Junkie's picture

They need to cast a new LILY ASAP before CKs fans hire the Goodyear Blimp.

MsAgentProvocateur1's picture
2 December 2011

Jamey: Damn, you're good! (in the words of Blanche Devereaux to Dorothy Sbnorak)

Are you collecting a fee? I'm going to start calling you the unofficial Casting Director to the Soaps.

Now that we know, that they listen to you...can you start dropping some hints on some storyline fixes...I mean ideas. Maybe if you call it Wishful Storylines (maybe the keyword is wishful--then you'll have their ear).

22 January 2008

@MsAgent I do Wishful Storytelling as well. It isn't as frequent a feature. I am planning a few for next week! Tongue

25 July 2012

Coffee_Junkie wrote:
They need to cast a new LILY ASAP before CKs fans hire the Goodyear Blimp.

Coffee, they've already started a petition campaign and included a twibbon to see to it that Christel Khalil stays with Y&R! All I'm gonna say is, "Ugh!"

21 February 2012

OK Jamey, but I really think you should start collecting a commission check... these executives and EP are definitely taking your casting advice!!!

25 July 2012

This was indeed a fast casting! JFP isn't messing around. She's working her butt off to turn this show around!

29 September 2009

Darn now I gotta start watching Y&R. I love Robert. Jamey he played on ABC Family's Lincoln Heights, he was in love with Cassie (Kita from BET's Lets Stay Together)..i miss Lincoln Heights.

5 July 2008

With Robert Adamson cast as Noah Newman on Young & Restless, take a look back to when Robert & Days Of Our Lives vet, Mark Hapka sing about STD's

31 July 2012

Good for Robert Adamson. I remember he was on Lincoln Heights on ABC Family. I loved that show. Can't say I'll start watching Y&R again but good for him.

MsAgentProvocateur1's picture
2 December 2011

Jamey Giddens wrote:

Okay, I'm looking forward to it then. I won't even try to bribe, influence or corrupt your thinking (LOL).

17 October 2008

He does look like he could be Sharon and Josh's kid (he has her eyes and his strong features), so good eye Y&R and Jamey!

I am hoping for Shannon Kane as nuLily (perfect since Kyla Pratt is on that awful BET show) and for Christel to be in discussion if GH decides to bring Maya back to the canvas.

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

MsAgentProvocateur1 wrote:

Now, you make me want to pull out my Golden Girls DVD's, LOL.

Awesome! Adamson fits perfectly. Smile

I'm excited for his version of Noah. I first saw him on "LH" as Cassie's boyfriend. He's a fine young actor!

The_Moustache's picture
17 June 2009

will they finally reveal Eden & Noahs ~secret~ from Paris?!?!

Coffee_Junkie's picture

ChristianDavis148 wrote:
Coffee_Junkie wrote:
They need to cast a new LILY ASAP before CKs fans hire the Goodyear Blimp.

Her TWEEN fanbase is very loyal. They can follow her to the Disney Channel. Though I suspect they have no use for her if she isn't paired with Cane.

25 July 2012

Coffee_Junkie wrote:
ChristianDavis148 wrote:
Coffee_Junkie wrote:
They need to cast a new LILY ASAP before CKs fans hire the Goodyear Blimp.

I also think that Daniel Goddard (Cane) will be out at Y&R too before too long. Especially if they intend on recasting Lily.

23 June 2010

CD148 - Is there a petition that the rest of us can sign to get CK OFF the show?!?

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@Jamey Giddens: Shannon Kane will be Lily? What you think? She'll just pull from there. Sounds good to me?

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

Coffee_Junkie wrote:
Though I suspect they have no use for her if she isn't paired with Cane.

No lies detected.

2 April 2009
1 week 19 hours

Jamey real talk I think the soaps casting directors are stalking your twitter -_-

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@Marcelle: lol I second that!

25 July 2012

shadowdemon01 wrote:

No, there isn't. But I don't think we have anything to worry about. CK is pretty much already out the door now.

pferrando's picture
28 June 2012

The Young and Restless Heights....Here we go...

pferrando's picture
28 June 2012

The Young and Restless Heights....Here we go...

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@ChristianDavis148: Yes, don't pass go! Don't collect 200 dollars. CK fans can send all their hate my way. Cause all that emotional argument that has nothing to do with understanding the nature of acting character development ain't gonna work!

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@pferrando: Lame and The Rest of Us? We don't want that.

Coffee_Junkie's picture

ChristianDavis148 wrote:
shadowdemon01 wrote:

I thought she was still obligated to work for another month though? Her contract isn't up until Sept.