Young and Restless Actress Sharon Case: "I Can Think of a Long List of Things One Shouldn't Do to Colleagues"

The Young and the Restless actress Sharon Case is giving me LIFE right about now! The ballsy soap star is proving that not everyone is afraid to talk back to Eric Braeden. On the heels of Braeden's shade-throwing interview with Michael Fairman—where daytime's not-so-favorite big mouth seemingly chastised his co-star for speaking out against the icktastic Shictor pairing—Case tweeted this:

Good for you, Sharon! I am so ready for Angelica McDaniel and Jill Farren Phelps to let Braeden know the name of that show is The Young and the Restless—not Victor Newman's Old Self Gets to Screw All The Pretty Young Things— I don't know what to DO! Didn't nobody wanna see that nasty a** storyline, BUT Braeden and Maria Arena Bell! Case was responding to a tweet of support from co-star Michael Muhney.  #TeamSharonCase

Comments

#TeamSharonCase

The Paley night said much about Eric Braeden and the relationship to his co-stars on how they were reacting on his comments.

I can only hope that the new regime is doing Sharon Case justice, balance the cast, go back to being an ensemble show ... and if Braeden doesn't like it and wants to quit so be it. His ego has gotten bigger than what he's worth. Sad but true!

MsAgentProvocateur1's picture
2 December 2011

Right on, Sharon Case!

Now being an artist myself, I usually don't fall on the side of the executive but perhaps JFP is going to have to temporarily play the role of Dominatrix and introduce some discipline on this set.

Eric is no doubt a talent and has been so for decades but this is an ensemble show. An ensemble show that appears to be falling apart at the seams because maybe some of the talent have a bit too much ego.

Previous writing regimes may have supported a slant of power as unbalanced as Hogan Sheffer's writing but the new regime may want to make clear that those days are over.

NathanHastingsSr.'s picture
10 August 2010

You go girl!!!

Mel_O's picture
26 May 2011

Team Sharon all day!

25 July 2012

Dayum! Good for Sharon to lower the boom! It's about time someone put Eric in his place!

Smitty's picture

is there any video out there from the Paley event?

blake3b's picture
3 March 2009

I hope with the new team that we will see more of Adam now and less Victor!

thecourt99's picture
30 April 2009

TeamNOBODY..

Based upon Jillian's post in the other thread...why wasn't Sharon's initial posts about the storyline before it aired seen as negative?

SC comes out negative, EB responds, MM sticks up for SC and everyone is TeamSC?

This is all petty. I can't defend EB for responding because that is childish too..but I surely don't support or sympathize with SC since she threw down the gauntlet.

thecourt99 wrote:
TeamNOBODY..
SC comes out negative, EB responds, MM sticks up for SC and everyone is TeamSC?

She responded to a fan about the story. EB took it to a personal level. SC never said one bad word about him.
She only pointed out that she didn't like for Sharon to get involved with Victor, who she thought of as a father. She had the same feeling that most of the viewers had.

THEBEST's picture
12 February 2008

Sharon better WERK!!!!

16 August 2009

soapjunkie88 wrote:

Amen Soapjunkie88

#TeamSharonCase all day, every day!

thecourt99's picture
30 April 2009

soapjunkie88 wrote:

I guess it is all in how you read it. I googled her tweets and I can see how EB could have taken what she said personally.

7 February 2009

I'm a Phick fan and I've never really cared that much about Sharon, but 100% on her side for this one.

EB needs to go, MAB made him into a cartoon character.

thecourt99 wrote:

If you take something that is being said about your character personal you go to your co-star and talk to him/her about it. You don't say shit in an interview.

SC only talked about her story never about EB personally. That's a fact. Every actor talks about story. Some they like, some they don't. And they are outspoken about it. And that's what SC was. Talking about a story she doesn't like.

thecourt99's picture
30 April 2009

soapjunkie88 wrote:

I do agree with you there. However while he shouldn't have taken it there....who's to say he hasn't already said something to her in person? And then..just like she was responding to a viewer on twitter...he was responding to a specific question.

I can't vigorously defend EB...I just don't think that he deserves 100% of the blame here.

jayGHdawg's picture
16 August 2012

Retire already ERIC BRAEDEN, JPF won't tolerate your B.S!
no one won't miss U, certainly not me! go Sharon Case..

25 October 2011

I don't blame SC for saying that she thought what her character was doing with Victor was disgusting. Not once did I see her say she diidn't want to work with EB. Those, IMO, are two different things.

EB is just peeved that his days of ruling the roost are over.

JFP needs to pull him back in...along with others...I hope JG does not play favorites...or haters the way MAB did.

thecourt99 wrote:

It wasn't a specific question. He could have done without a few sentences there. He could have even added that the fans didn't response well to the storyline which he sould know by now.
It's not like SC was badmouthing the story, her fans caught up on that and it's her fault it didn't work. But from the sound of it that's like EB sees it.

stoney07's picture
18 August 2009

Well, on occasion I like a little Victor Newman, and on occasion I like a little Sharing Newman.

So characters aside, I must say...TWITTER IS THE DEVIL!!

tyjuniorweb's picture
13 December 2008

Hmm... spit-take or voice dissatisfaction with a storyline on twitter? Let me grab my towel! #TeamSharon

15 August 2012

I have always enjoyed Victor Newman, but never a fan of the way EB has come across in interviews. I think it's hilarious what MM and SC have said. So awesome.

11 April 2009

Team Sharon!!

RealityCheck 33's picture
13 February 2010

Eric Braeden is an old fart. He thinks that HE is Y&R. He's dellusional and I'm hearing that he's causing chaos behind the scenes ever since MAB got the heave-ho, which was well-deserved as far as I'm concerned.

He's throwing tantrums on the set and screaming at people. Not only will JFP and JG not stand for this, but Sony & CBS won't either.

Perhaps Mr Braeden knows this is the big farewell and he wants to go out in a blaze of glory. What a jerk.

Team Sharon!

titi2289's picture
22 August 2012

Team Sharon Case all the away,EB needs to retire i'm so over him.

31 March 2008

Can Jill even fire Eric without Sony's permission? And though CBS doesn't directly control talent, I bet they also would have considerable influence on this.

Go Sharon Case!!!

God I hope EB is the next to go - his time has sorely passed.

16 June 2010

It always amazes me how the actors who played these roles for years and in some cases decades are dismissed. When something does not feel right, it is not right.

Daytime is different than any other entity because of longevity. TPTB in daytime makes decisions all the time that have me scratching my head. I am complete novice but some things are so obvious.

All the shows are making the same really weird mistakes. Over and over. I still remember how crazy it was to put Beth with Alan Spaulding since the Phillip/Beth love story was one of the most popular of all time on daytime. It was like "Is this happening?"

Lack of money I think sometimes is driving these crazy pairings on all shows. Pairing who is left does not work with audience. Doing anything to keep stories going will not work. In primetime many shows lose their audience when the almost couples get together. It is what it is. In other words the result is certain.

There are four soaps left so much thought should be taken in the writing, etc. Throwing people together will not work.

Also, Hogan tends to write for two or three blonds. It is his MO. On atwts everyone was sick of Carly and her sister being on every day. He managed to make everyone sick of Carly. I see Phyllis/Sharon are his current favs. Under him expect a couple favs to the point of craziness.

We will have to wait and see if Y&R gets cleaned up.

hey mon's picture
19 May 2011

I dont see why Mike Muhney had to take the whole 'drama' to the next level. His character could be written off tomorrow morning, and half of the women who watch the show would be doing cartwheels. If I were Muhney I wouldnt start any drama.

13 December 2009

I can't support SC when she slams Shictor but somehow thinks Shadam is the bees knees, I read comments about Shictor and wonder if folks have even watched this so called story. They barely interact on screen and the so called romance has been nothing more than a plot point for the current story having Sharon run Newman and I've heard plenty of praise for SC's performances lately. Sharon was damaged as a character long before this.

I also don't really give a darn what EB says anyway. He's a blowhard always has been. I was actually amused at how he admitted to phoning it in most of the time. You won't hear the other Divos like Burton, Bernard, James Scott making those admissions and they all do it at least 50 percent of the time.

28 January 2009

#hey mon I agree Muhney could've privately texted or DM'd Case with his support without publicly escalating the drama on twitter. We all know EB has access to the twitter comments. I expect the backstage drama to get worse in the coming weeks.

I personally haven't watched YR since it became clear that not only was MAB ruining the show but she also had an agenda against some of my favorite characters (Jill, Brad, Colleen, etc.) Not a fan of JFP but she can't do any worse than the socialite. Actually it puts a little smile on my face knowing EB is so worked up about all the backstage changes.