It's a Bird! It's a Plane...Chartered by Fans on Young and Restless' Christel Khalil Flying Over CBS Television City!

Christel Khalil's fans have taken to the sky to show their love for The Young and the Restless starlet — who is currently locked in contract negotiations. Fans of the actress chartered a plane to fly over CBS Television City displaying a banner with the following message:

"Y&R Fans want Christel Khalil as Lily Ashby "

Whether you are a fan of Khalil's portrayal of Lily Winters Romalotti Ashby or not, you have to admire a soap opera fanbase as devoted as those Lane fans! When Khalil's onscreen husband Daniel Goddard (Cane) was caught up in similarly tense behind-the-scenes drama, Lane shippers flew a blimp over CBS in support of the Aussie heartthrob. See pics of fans' aerial love for Khalil after the jump!

Photo by PR Photos

Contributed photos

Comments

MsAgentProvocateur1's picture
2 December 2011

pferrando wrote:
Seems pessimists reign here!

Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't you the same person who said the show was pretty much doomed with JFP at the helm?? (lol)

Perhaps I've got you mixed up with someone else.

I can only speak for myself but I've got nothing personal the actress.

She seems competent as an actress and perhaps her character has suffered from poor storyline choices by the previous regime but so has every other characters and some much more.
My comment wasn't specifically directed at the actress but the over the top gesture of her fans but it probably made her fans and her feel good for a day.

I still agree with Jamey though and think the new regime should start with someone new if they want a dynamic and spirited and sassy Lily.

Ultimately, it is not up to me. It isn't up to her fans. It's not up to any of us here. Its up to the new regime at Y&R and Sony.

Coffee_Junkie's picture

Plus, when I look at CK. I don't think "black actress." She just doesn't look (or act) like the daughter of Drucilla, Malcolm, OR Neil. She looks more Pakastani to me than African American.

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

josstheguy: people don't care about that category. The vote based on whose name they know the best or as CBS does it they bloc vote. She did not have THE BEST REEL.

They saw her name enough and didn't even view the reels..most didn't.

In the words of Dru to Carmen, "You working real hard for what you want?"

This heifer ain't worked outside of Y&R since 2006. Her last acting gig outside was voicing a white female cartoon character on a show called W.I.T.C.H

Lord have mercy! Art often imitates life the say.... um hummm...

Even Tyler Perry ain't looking in her direction. He'd soon as cast Paris Hilton before he'd call her.

partyvibe's picture
11 December 2008

Fly like Eagle Soar like Dove!.. Awesome and it as good she was there to see it and appreciate the fans for support her and showing their love a beautiful young woman. No matter what happens her fans was happy to do this for her. Good job fans.

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

Jesus Christ in a manger!

Are you serious????!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad

Why do people love this boring girl? I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER understand it. She's a good actress at times, but people act like she's Meryl Freaking Streep! Gimme a break! Let her, and her diva attitude, go!!! Use that extra money to help woo back my girl, Victoria Rowell.

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@partyvibe: That borderlines on psychotic. In the words of Peter Bergman, "Ain't working with a full deck!"

pferrando's picture
28 June 2012

Ms Agent- I think many people have said that about JFP. My comments were for fear of her tanking the show. This post is about an actress who currently is on the show who has many fans. Jill hasn't done a thing for this show yet and was fired from her last job at GH. I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being cautious. People are calling CL a heifer, talentless, a horrible actress.....stop the personal attacks. I think what pisses people off is that this girl does have vocal fans and they don"t like it. Get over yourselves.

6 September 2012

I think she's a pretty good actress, and she deserved an award for those scenes she submitted from that "Cane's Ghost/Lily's Insanity" s/l. Given better material, the character would be more interesting. She's certainly no worse than Amelia Heinle or Elizabeth Hendrickson, and they get more screentime than she or any member of the Winters family. MAB screwed them, and I say she deserves a shot at showing what she can do with better writing. I was surprised that fans would charter a plane, but the cost is probably no more than the combined cost of registration, for those contributors, for a Y&R fan event...maybe less.

22 December 2011

BRING BACK DAVETTA SHERWOOD!!!

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@starry118: Elizabeth Hendrickson can ACT circles around her. And it offends me as someone who loves acting that people try to push this "writing crap" as a reason for a lack of talent. I've watched a lot of soaps in my life and seen actors do more with no lines and being shown once a month then this girl has done on the 1st and the 15th.

So it doesn't matter if Agnes Nixon herself was writing the show she'd be recast until they got an ACTRESS WHO COULD PUT THE A in acting.

FYI: Her few guest spots in primetime were just as bad.

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

Does it matter if she's Meryl Streep or not, if her issue is that she wants to work less? Again, if SID's reporting is true, it makes me feel a certain kind of way that she'd let her fans do all this, and go to bat on her behalf as if she were fired, when she in fact wants to be on screen less.

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@Marcelle: She couldn't handle the material when it was given to her. It's like a part-time job to her. But she can work less. I'd negotiate zero episodes per week in her contract for zero dollars. See I can work with ya!

23 February 2009

Lily was raised mostly in Europe so where would she learn to act black. Daughters try very hard not to emulate their mothers and her "Pakistani looks" wouldn't be so obvious if people hadn't had prior knowledge of CK's ethnicity.I don't understand this comments about not acting or looking black. What's that all about? I'm not a fan of the character but my dislike never translates to blatantly questioning someone's identity. What's acting black anywhere? Is Dru the beginning and end of all that is black.

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@sanka9: That is not going on here. This has nothing to do with that. But she did play a white girl on a cartoon series. Just sayin'

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

Chrystee Pharris should have gotten the role when she audition. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5DGvL_8EaI&feature=relmfu

Coffee_Junkie's picture

Marcelle wrote:
According to SID, the issue is that CK wanted to lighten her workload, and go recurring. Now that I can understand tiic not wanting to negotiate on, especially if the new regime intends to do more with the Lily character. It seems…idk what word to use…for CK to let her fans pay for this plane, if the issue is in fact that she wants to work less, smh.

That is such utter bull crap. Ck is barely used now. I'm pretty sure the sticking point is not that "she wants to go to recurring." PUHLEEEZE! TPTB would have NO PROBLEM with this. None.

The VERY FIRST casting note that came out of this new regime was a new AA male, who's screen test was with a *flirtatious Lily." JFP wants to PAIR LILY with this new actor. His skin is the WRONG COLOR and baby girl is REFUSING. Yeah--I said it! It's the elephant in the room. How is no one seeing it?

The next few weeks can't go by soon enough. (when baby girl's contract expires). Gawd! Just HIRE an actress who can ACT and not place such idiotic and ridiculous DEMANDS on her BOSSES. Hopefully they are quietly searching for someone and will announce a new Lily before baby girl even gets a chance to clean out her dressing room.

Coffee_Junkie's picture

duplicate post

25 October 2011

Here is the funny thing about this...the fans have no clue what they are fighting for. If SID is correct, this is against what Lane fans want. Why would she nudge them into doing this knowing that? It's kinda odd. I definitely would want to know what the battle is before I go to bat for someone. They might be on some stupid mess I don't agree with. Wouldn't it be interesting if the gave her what she wanted then replaced her anyway by doing a switched at birth story with her. Then they can hire another Lily (name something else) and barely show CK. I wonder what would be said then.

If this works again...I swear to you I am sending a plane saying "All Y&R Fans want Victoria Rowell back as Dru"...every day for a week. LOL.

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

alstonboy4315 ... most (and probably even you) don't think that Victoria Rowell will ever again be Drucilla; but can you imagine the euphoria if she does?

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

Divatude58 wrote:

I've been saying for years it was only a matter a time before 'Jasmine' showed up, LOL. Then they could rectify that Neil not really being her father thing. If she was switched at birth, could explain it all.

Ryan-Scott's picture
4 May 2009

Where do I donate for one of these to be done for Billy Miller?
His unknown status has got me all twisted and tense. Little sweetie pie.

thecourt99's picture
30 April 2009

sanka9 wrote:

I don't want to enter the acting black discussion, but as a daughter that has turned out exactly like her mother...I can honestly say. I tried. I tried not to turn into my mother. I am my mother. Couldn't fight it. Had to give in. Especially when I had my own daughter.

Coffee_Junkie's picture

Why don't they just announce a recast NOW and trot out the old, "we've decided to take the character in a different direction" statement? I guess they want baby girl to wise up/blink first, though I'm not sure why. CK lacks the acting chops to play anyone but Valley Girl/Crimson Lights Lily. Plus there's that whole thing with her not wanting to kiss black guys.

25 October 2011

Marcelle wrote:
Divatude58 wrote:

No..her name would be Rose or Violet...LOL.

But yeah. If they did this then everyone would be happy...those that like milquetoast Lily played by CK and those that know any child of Drucilla's would have way more fire and life force than the current Lily.

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

Divatude58 wrote:
No..her name would be Rose or Violet...LOL.

Or Ivy, LOL. I don't know why I feel like it would be Ivy.

25 October 2011

Marcelle wrote:
Divatude58 wrote:
No..her name would be Rose or Violet...LOL.

Or Ivy, LOL. I don't know why I feel like it would be Ivy. But yes, everyone could be happy then. CK could go on recurring like she wants, lane could stay together indefinitely, and Dru/Neil could have a child together.

More impoortantly..the child could act like she has Dru's genes. Matter of fact, they could use the story to usher in more minorities by bringing in CkLily's birth parents. One could even be Pakistani.

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

CK, you don't want to upset the new people already.

Coffee_Junkie's picture

Marcelle wrote:
^That could actually make for a good story, and give CK good material to work with. I've noticed that when she's given something, she works. FYI, the writer that tweeted about the plane was a writer with JFP and JG at Hollywood Heights, so he's a part of the new regime they're bringing with them to Y&R. CK, you don't want to upset the new people already.

The Lane fanatics blasted him via Twitter when he made that remark about their precious plane. And he's also getting blasted on soaps.com and other boards.

I have also seen them making veiled threats with regards to JFP, that she had "better do right by CK, if she knows what's good for her."

The Lane fans are out of control.

MsAgentProvocateur1's picture
2 December 2011

Just wondering about something. Were there such intensely vocal fanbases when the show was actually good?