Christel Khalil Staying Put at Young and Restless

According to numerous published reports, Christel Khalil and Sony have reached an agreement to keep the actress on The Young and the Restless. The popular star began playing the role of Lily Winters Ashby in 2002. Are you happy Khalil is continuing on as Lily? Tell us how you feel in the comments!

Photo by PR Photos

Comments

CarlyCfan's picture
14 May 2009

YAWN

27 December 2009

Ewwwwww.......

I would rather have the recast.

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

It's just recurring so i've been told. So at least we don't have her under contract. But if she would just go there would be party's from the USA to South Africa!

Patchworks's picture
27 November 2009

I'm disappointed. I believe she singlehandedly destroyed the strong center for the Winters clan. I don't find her believable as an actress and don't find her embody the strength of Lily to carry the Winters into the next generation. Fail.

25 July 2012

I want a recast! However, here's the silver lining in this entire saga involving Christel:

She got what she wanted, to go on recurring. Which means she will only be paid when she tapes an episode. Which means she can do outside projects. Here's the other thing, if Y&R needs her for such and such a date(Drunk and she says that she can't or won't, then that will give Y&R the decision to go ahead and recast the role if they so choose.

23 June 2010

DAMN!! Why can't we get rid of her?!?! She's like a bad penny!! Angry Angry

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@shadowdemon01: The lord will vindicate us. Just wait!

Coffee_Junkie's picture

The mediocrity continues! This girl SUCKS.

kintex's picture
8 November 2010

Yes I am happy she is staying on. Good for her.

25 October 2011

I have never seen such a controversial miscast like CK who continues to get her way. It's not like she is a great actress or has such star power. I am not trying to be funny or accusing her but really, it is almost as if she stays spreading it open on someone's casting couch. Goodness gracious!

However, i do beleive that TPTb at Y&R will make it impossible for her to meet their demands for working. This only makes it easier to recast the role.

She's on recurring! I think she'll be out soon enough. I don't see her staying for that long nor do I see that Sony or JFP are desperate to have her stick around.

I'm thinking that CK will be there to maybe even end the Lane story and then they'll recast.

25 October 2011

soapjunkie88 wrote:

I can only hope that you are right. Can we never be free of this vapid miscast barely acting child? The soap gods have just not been kind to me over the last 7.5 years.

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(EXTENDED GROAN!!!)

Actually, I already knew that she was gonna cave in. She's got a mortgage to pay, a child to feed and I am almost certain that NOBODY else in Hollyweird really is gonna cave in to her DIVA DEMANDS. So she decided to be smart, take the money and run!

Still was hoping for a recast!

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN...........Right now, I need a plate to crash onto the floor!! Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy

Miry's picture
30 October 2008

Boo!

22 April 2011

I am so happy CK is staying. Although I would rather she be on contract and full time I know this is what she wanted. With the uncertainty of Daytime it is smart that she try out for other things besides soaps. CK is the only Lily for me and I am so happy I will continue to see her on YR

miketom765's picture
28 May 2009

I don't like this one bit. I really would like a new lily. I would probably start watching the show again.

MsAgentProvocateur1's picture
2 December 2011

I wonder what these writers will now do with this character when the actress is now recurring? How in depth of a storyline will Lily be able to have?

As I understand, Tracey Bregmann and Julia Pace Mitchell are also on recurring and don't get much airtime, Lily is more likely to go in this direction. I'm no expert in such matters since it's been ages since I watched more than an episode every six months.
I suppose that new character that was rumored to be linked to Cane will be a new romantic possibility. I guess this explains why Daniel Goddard has been dropping hints about his character hooking up with Phyllis.

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

MsAgentProvocateur1 wrote:

Say what now?

pferrando's picture
28 June 2012

Oh my God, let's put this story to rest. Most on here are unhappy...I am glad she's still with the cast since she originated the role. Next topic, PLEASE!

5 August 2008

I"m so happy CK (talented actress) is staying on!!! She deserves everything and more. The Ashby family is still in tact!!!

25 October 2011

ashang wrote:

Sometimes I feel that CK/Lilyt fans have no use for her if she is not paired with DG/Cane. Lily has a legacy on this show that has nothing to do with the Ashby family.

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

Divatude58 wrote:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner, LOL.

pferrando wrote:
Next topic, PLEASE!

The people that comment on the CK articles comment on every other article on this site. That's what this place is for, discussion. People are free to say they dislike CK in the role of Lily Winters until they're blue in the face, just as you are free to say you want her in the role. If you're tired of reading the dislike, then…take your own advice and move on.

MsAgentProvocateur1 wrote:

I can't see this ending well for the character of Lily. As I've stated in other comments on this site, Lily Winters is the only female character of color on daytime with any history, legit ties to the canvas, and an inkling of substance, and is the only thing left of Dru on this show, so in those respects, I care about the character.

I want to see more for this character than walking around a house in five inch heels. Lily is the legacy character in the Lame pairing, she should be driving story, not playing a supporting role for a conman husband. SMH

partyvibe's picture
11 December 2008

Hell yes,yes I am happyto see this beautiful woma back and looking forward to seeing her on 2BrokeGirls also. I love when good things happen to good people.

gato1's picture
29 October 2009

Purple black white,,,,,,,,,,,,The Winers are no Newmans, Put a fork in them , they are FINITO. Sorry bout it David

26 July 2011

-SIGH- but Marcy Rylan who's an Abbott/Newman gets the boot. I don't get it!

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

I wonder what our topics of discussion will be six/twelve months from now?

THEBEST's picture
12 February 2008

She's on recurring? Unacceptable. With JFP & JG wanting to refocus the Winters family, Lily needs to be there full time. I'm sorry, but CK is replaceable. I would much rather have an actress that's going to be on contract and fully embrace Lily as an African American character.

Well for one thing, I am glad. I like CK and imo she has done a swell job on the role.

Another thing is, if she's gonna be on recurring I see this point kind of moot - if she's gonna be on once a week then I don't really what it matters.

I am surprised though that she got her way with the New PTB. They must really want to keep her.

16 April 2012

First we hear Marcy Rylan has been let go.

Then we hear hear Eric Braeden is staying .

And now we hear Christel Khalil is staying (recurring).

This is not boding well for the new regime.

23 May 2012
1 day 50 min

Double YAWN! She never impressed me as an actress. She won the Emmy only because the category she was in didn't have any one that was outstanding for her to beat. Guess they were afraid to break up the Cane/Lily couple, with all the axing of other actors going on.