Meet Genoa City's Newest Residents on The Young and The Restless!

Call the fire department because The Young and the Restless is bringing the heat! EW.com is reporting Y&R has cast two fine bruthas, Redaric Williams and Lamon Archey. Williams landed the role of Tyler Douglas.

Back in August we posted Williams' impressive audition tape, where Tyler is hired by Neil (Kristoff St. John) at Jabot and mixes things up with his baby girl Lily (Christel Khalil). Archey has signed on to play Mason. Look for both to debut on Y&R in November.

Photo credit for Redaric Williams: IMDB

Photo credit for Lamon Archey: David Todd Model Management

Comments

@david46208 that sounds good to me! Wink

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

Divatude58 wrote:
IMO, if Sony/CBS/Y&R/JFP/JG wanted a REAL crazy fan war, they would hook Lily up with a white legacy character...either Adam or Noah...and watch the Laners fracture...they would eat themselves alive.

That happened already. She was paired with Billy once upon a time, and just when that pairing was starting to go somewhere with the audience, lane fans huffed and puffed, and that was the end of that.

All problems could be solved if they just brought on a long lost daughter for Dru. I'm thinking a Jessica/Nathalie on OLTL redux for Y&R. Lily was fathered by Malcolm, this long lost twin daughter could be fathered by Neil. It's win/win, lane can stay lane backburned into oblivion, and the other daughter could be the character the rest of the show's fans wanted.

Everyone comes out ahead! LOL

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

stoney07 wrote:
Either one of these could've worked as a recast Malcolm...and maybe that's what "Mason" is. IDK. But it could work.

That crossed my mind too, but 'Mason' could never pass as old enough to be Lily's father, LOL. I'm with everyone else in hoping this character is actually Nate.

18 August 2012

I wonder if Mason is a nuDevon.

16 August 2009

I'm really happy to see this! I'm going to be honest. Even though I'd normally frown at the prospect of new Y&R characters this show NEEDS some new blood in black characters department, especially young adult and MALES. KSJ is foine as hell, but the Neil character is now a grandfather, a very hot one, but still. Sarge is a C-story character, at best (horrible misuse of the brilliant Darnell Williams). We only saw that SORAS'd "Little Nate" like once. And Devon is only allowed to be sexual OFF camera or with his "play" aunties! Let's not even get started on the misdirection with Sofia and the underuse of Leslie Michaelson. Y&R needs some chocolate skin, something Shemar Moore brought to the yard back in the 90s. Hence the point, that was almost 2 decades ago! I just wish one of these guys was darker ...but that's just my personal nitpick.

The show also needs another young adult African American woman besides Lily. Unfortunately, Sofia was written as a Dru surrogate (complete with WTD redux with Malcolm and Neil) and JPM's acting is limited, though I like the idea of a young full figured and darker skinned black female character. Y&R used to have one of the most wonderful, well-rounded minority orbits in soaps that integrated well with the rest of the cast. Sadly, it has been treated as "That Black Storyline" by past regimes (not just MAB, LML was somewhat guilty of the same thing). I'd like to see where the new regime is going with this, as the YA group is lacking in general IMO. I just hope they resist the urge to marry off the new characters. I'd love for Y&R to have some non-married 20somethings with no interest in marrying and having babies anytime soon.

25 October 2011

Marcelle wrote:
Everyone comes out ahead! LOL

With respect to Billy and Lily...they were written as angst to Lane and nothing more. They were not written to last. If the writers actually wrote a real love story for Lily and someone else, one that was written to last, then I firmly believe their would be dissension with the Laners.

As for the story about Lily having a twin...at this point, I wouldn't be opposed, but we would need Dru to do the tory justice.

25 October 2011

24and 1 wrote:
I wonder if Mason is a nuDevon.

JFP has already said that she won't recast Devon. I tend to believe her on that being that she was honest about making plans to recast Lily. What I do believe is that one of these guys will be a big time rival for Devon. One probably romanically.

16 October 2012

Yawn. This is what we get, in exchange for losing Marcy Rylan? And here I was, allowing myself a bit of cautious optimism with the arrival of the new writing team.

Silly me. Bubble deflated.

25 October 2011

windy wrote:
Silly me. Bubble deflated.

As of today's credits, Y&R has 32 contract actors. Now, 27 out of those 32 actors are White...that is ridiculously lopsided. This is 2012, and if you want good ratings in daytime, you going to need more diversity in casting and front burner writing. That's just the way it is. Looks like JFP understands that. Sorry Marcy Ryland, for as much as I love her as Abby, doesn't bring much as far as ratings go to the show. She is the same character as Summer at this point...why do we need two? We don't.

hey mon's picture
19 May 2011

Yes! Now let's get some Latinos on the show...

12 April 2009

I was hoping one of these guys would be a recast for Devonbot, he really needs to go.

There had better be a good story with these two because if they were just hired as eye candy, then the new team is no better than MAB and her merry band of hacks.

25 October 2011

glowery wrote:

There is nothing wrong with Bryton James other than never being given a story or his character real love life.

16 August 2009

Divatude58 wrote:

Amen to this entire quote! I loved Marcy Ryland's acting, too, but Abby has not been exactly being driving storyline on this show. None of her romantic pairings have been that riveting (sorry folks, other than Marco Dapper's hot bod, there was really nothing there) and with Ashley gone I just see much use for her. I've barely noticed that she hasn't been on most of the recent episodes, so I'm like "cry me a river" about her ouster at this point. Summer and Abby are almost exactly the same spoiled rich princess character and in the SAME family, so I am willing to sacrifice Abby Newman at this point for some diversity. So like Billy the club owner said in Purple Rain "one of you has got to go!" and MR's Abby drew the short straw. *Kanye Shrug*

And who knows, maybe one day Abby will return once some of this other mess gets resolved and the writers have a more clear direction for the character.

stoney07's picture
18 August 2009

david46208 wrote:
@stoney07: Malcolm is 40 something years old. These actors are in their 20's. Neither could have played Mal.

LOL...I must have had Malcolm on the mind but I meant NATE....I definitely don't think either of these could play older Malcolm...not looking the way they look. But yeah, that was a typo

6 September 2012

I'm a Lane fan & I liked Lilliam, and Daily back in the day as well. The thing I didn't appreciate was that under MAB, the Lane relationship was not written like that of the other couples. Lane was mostly used to prop other characters, and very little time was given to really developing them as individual characters or a couple. I think this is why many Lane fans weren't open to other couplings w/Lily, because there were never really given a real chance after LML. I suspect that the reason many people hate them is because they've been written in an a way that's not interesting and given little screen time, so it's like: why are they here? Well, the same can be said for other characters on the show, mainly those of color. It's not the characters, or actors, that should be done away with, it's the flat, boring writing that favors a small subset of characters on the show over the others. Hopefully JG & JFP can right/write this ship the way it should be.

If these guys can act, there's good chemistry, and the story is written in a way that makes sens and is interesting, I'll probably be a fan of their coupling(Drunk with Lily too.

I agree with Hey Mon...I also want more ethnic diversity on the show. I thought Ji Min Kim was an interesting character, and Eric Steinberg did a great job portraying him. They could have done alot more with his character...hated the way they ended his storyline. If they could get over Victor having to be on top ALL the time, a great show could be written. I also liked Carmen Mesta, and thought Marisa Ramirez had great chemistry with Kristoff. I loved Neil & Drucilla, but found myself torn between my fondness for them and the burgeoning relationship between Neil & Carmen. What happened to Rafe? I like Yani Gellman, and thought the character would be integrated into the show more, but alas, no. Hopefully they'll bring him back and some more Latino and Asian characters as well.

6 September 2012

@Divatude58 Exactly...there's only so much an actor can do with flaccid writing.

11 December 2008

WOW - can't wait til November! And if they can't act - who cares? They can just stand there and smile while they take acting classes. I remember cutting Original Recipe Macolm a whole lotta slack back in the day.