SPOILERS: Old Smilin' Jack is on The MOVE on Young and Restless!

Jack's Power Plays: The grande dame has a chat with Old Smilin' Jack about taking over the Black Knight's company. Kay insists Jack give the company back, but he scoffs at her request. Katherine declares their friendship over because of his actions. Funny, I don't remember Kay ending things with Victor when he snatched her childhood pal John Abbott's business!

Jack is hurt by her actions, considering how far the Abbotts and Chancellors go back. To get Kay's attention back on her own affairs, he offers Neil the CEO slot at Jabot. When Kay can't match the salary Jack offers at Chancellor, she encourages Neil to to run the perfum palace.

When Billy and Cane learn of Jack's latest move, both men feel stabbed them in the back. Billy is furious at the thought of a non-Abbott running Jabot, while Cane is outraged because he thought he was a lock for the gig. Billy, however does accept Jack's offer to work for Newman, with Victoria's blessing!

Jack tries to woo Abby with a job at Newman, but his niece refuses. Later, Jack offers ex-wife Phyllis a gig. She initially balks, but changes her mind once she learns how Nick is planning to play hardball in their divorce battle.

Billy/Victoria: Jack's kid brother is caught in the middle of the Abbott vs. Newman war. Jack demands nothing but loyalty, but Victoria and her father want him to prove he has the Newmans backs.

Jill: She returns when Katherine's focus goes back to Chancellor Industries.

Avery/Nick/Phyllis: Despite Red's best efforts to save their marriage, Nick is no longer interested. He cluses is kids on his decision to file for divorce, and both Noah and Summer prove supportive.

When Nick receives a chess set as a gift from Avery, he heads over to thank his sister-in-law. Nick finds her locked out of her crib in a bathrobe! The pair flirts, while Nick picks her lock. Of course Phyllis shows up and gets pissed about her baby daddy and sister getting chummy again.

Chelsea/Adam/Sharon: Things aren't looking good for Mrs. Newman. After Sharon torches the Neman ranch, she gets devastating news about her health. Adam gives her a shoulder to lean on, much to Chelsea's chagrin.

Nick/Noah: The two discover evidence that puts Sharon at the scene of the ranch fire.

Neil/Harmony: The couple has a tearful goodbye. Debbi Morgan's last airdate is Oct. 30.

Tucker/Genevieve: The old lovers have a bittersweet meeting as Gen departs Genoa City. Genie Francis' exit date is slated for Oct. 29.

Marcy Rylan: Her last date on the show is Oct. 23.

Comments

Why does Katherine turn on Jack? Just stay out of it old woman! For years she didn't took a side when Victor was going after the Abbott family but now she's siding with Victor? That's pretty hypocritical.

Jill returns!!!! Laughing out loud Happy times!

I'm also looking forward to Shadam! Love Love Love Can't resist them.

So Phyllis cuddles with Ronan for weeks, she sleeps with him, ruins her marriage and now she gets mad because Nick is moving on? Well of course Phyllis' sister isn't the best choice but why do you still care Phyllis? The magic seems long gone and I don't buy Phyllis' love for Nick anymore.

Bye Harmony, bye Genevieve. I won't miss ya.

CarlyCfan's picture
14 May 2009

Team Jack. I love the idea of Neil running Jabot.

stefanstavros's picture
26 September 2010

Does anybody die in the fire?? Have they just been yanking our chains? I wanna know! LOL

CarlyCfan's picture
14 May 2009

stefanstavros wrote:

Secundo or Fisher? We haven't seen them in awhile.

NathanHastingsSr.'s picture
10 August 2010

Victoria, blah

23 August 2009

I think the death of a Newman spoiler was the unborn baby.

7 April 2010

The Aussie bar tender actually thought he would be named CEO!!! Lol

pferrando's picture
28 June 2012

I don't mind them revisiting this at all, provided this isn't some short term win for Jack and that by the end of next week Vic gets Enterprises back. I think involving a lot of the other characters in this will make it a bit different from the past, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I really found Sharon torching the ranch today to be so bad. It's a horrible plot point to get Victor and Nikki into a new set basically. Terrible idea IMO.

17 December 2009

I think its inevitable that Sharon hits rock bottom, its the only way to resurrect the character that was virtually destroyed.

I was really likeing Adam and Chelsea, obviously they are planning on him going back to Sharon.

I agree that the whole Jack storyline will be better if TGVN doesnt get his company back by wednesday, they have a habit of letting Victor always come out on top. Its time Jack won.

TEAM JACK!

There was ONE thing I liked about these spoilers - Neil becomes CEO of Jabot!

FINALLY he gets some respect in that town (hopefully air-time aswell...).
It is utterly laughable for especially Cane, but also Billy, to think they could qualify running Jabot. Neil has had years of business and CEO experience running NE and Chancellor. He is the the logical choice.

22 December 2011

Neil Winters getting a REAL storyline???? ABOUT TIME!!!!

Jill (my beloved Jess Walton) comes home!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!

G'bye and good riddance to Yolanda/Harmony, Genevieve and Abby!!

Bartman202 wrote:
Neil Winters getting a REAL storyline???? ABOUT TIME!!!!

Jill (my beloved Jess Walton) comes home!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!

G'bye and good riddance to Yolanda/Harmony, Genevieve and Abby!!

I will miss Abby, as I thought she did a great job with what was written for her and besides, we need some Abbotts left on the show. That had a lot worse that they could have gotten rid of than Abby. Sorry to see her go.

25 October 2011

CarlyCfan wrote:
Team Jack. I love the idea of Neil running Jabot.

I love the idea of Neil OWNING Jabot...JG needs to make that happen. Let Neil steal it right from under him. It would serve Jack right.

25 October 2011

bnt83 wrote:
The Aussie bar tender actually thought he would be named CEO!!! Lol

I hope he tries to sabotage Neil so Neil can point his finger in his best Donald Trump impression and say "You're Fired!".

Cue Tyler Douglas. Yes! The soap gods love me again.

25 October 2011

Yoryla wrote:
There was ONE thing I liked about these spoilers - Neil becomes CEO of Jabot!
FINALLY he gets some respect in that town (hopefully air-time aswell...).

Agreed. Neil is the logical choice. I am thinking Jabot will gets lots of play...at least I hope so. And this is how Lily gets hired at Jabot. Well, we know that Neil loves nepotism. WHo remembers when he made Devon a rival of Brad's at NE when he was CEO. I loved that sh!t...

SoapSnob's picture
1 July 2008

While I am enjoying the "clean-up" that is happening with Y&R and I am really optimistic about the future writing, acting and producing, I am clearly in the minority when I say I am not feeling Jack "winning." It's good story - and will continue to make for good story as it often does - but I just wish that Jack and Victor could spar in a different way without all this arrogant, douche-y blustering from Jack. Eventually, as always, Jack will lose; and Victor will be, well, Victorious. Wink So, Team VICTOR "Christian Miller" NEWMAN!!!!!

thecourt99's picture
30 April 2009

I will chime in with the unpopular opinion. I didn't like it when Neil was CEO of Newman, and I don't like it for Jabot. Why? The family always takes the position from him whenever they feel like it.

16 August 2009

The "die in a fire" thing was just a rumor that grew legs. I agree the Newman death was Chadam's unborn baby.

So glad to see Neil FINALLY get his due. He's like one of the only college educated people in Genoa City that has rarely been in charge of a company (I thought he was CFO at Newman under Victor and at one time Nick - not CEO).

The_Moustache's picture
17 June 2009

UGGGGGH, Kay is sooo far up the Newman's asses it's gross. John Abbott was her old friend since they were kids but she sides with Victor who continually messes with his kids and ex-wives lives when they don't behave according to his wishes.

They all go whining to her about how mean daddy is being. Nice one Kay, nice.

I wonder what Sharon's health news will be?? a tumor that will explain her weird behavior over the past year?

I hope Neil pulls a doozy on Jack and ends up owning Jabot permanently. Then he becomes a force to be reckoned with in town. It would be about damn time too.

then when Victor gets Newman Enterprises back, Jack will have nothing because of his own selfishness.

ChrisGa's picture
9 September 2009

The absolute funniest thing I found regarding these spoilers was Katherine not being able to match the salary offered by Jack--WTF!?! Uh, since when? Katherine and Neil must be up to something otherwise that's just shitty writing(not to mention old bag Kay continues to be one of the biggest hypocrites on daytime television; that cow would throw anybody under the bus for tired ass Victor). Otherwise, yay Jess Walton! Can't wait for Jill to return and hopefully armed with something to do other than coo over Cane and his brood.

pjc722's picture
6 February 2012

Even with the new regime it seems that the writers for Y&R always make everyone forget what Victor does to Jack that when Jack gets revenge they all HATE HIM FOR IT!!! The character of Katherine has to go. I am just sorry. With her disowning Tucker ONCE AGAIN over his keeping an eye on Victor but not telling his family ALL THE WHILE she overlooked the fact that Victor orchestrated the disappearance of Billy and then held him hostage while Billy's daughter was dying and asking for her father is ridiculous.

Then you throw in Jack finally getting control of Newman and Katherine is mad at him for doing it EVEN THOUGH Victor took the company away from John and Jack years ago causing John to have a heart attack and THEN she took the company away from Jack and almost sold it back to Victor without batting an eye.

ENOUGH ALREADY. Sure Sharon sold some stock when she had control of the company BUT THE ONLY REASON she was able to effect any sort of outcome from that was because Nick and Victoria with the help of Abby sued their father for their trusts forcing him to raise the capital by selling stock in his company. In the end, his 3 kids did this to Victor and Jack, Tucker and anyone else just helped it become worse.

Hopefully, the show will opt to write level playing fields where it comes to Jack and Victor. All we need now is a love interest for Jack who is not tied to Victor and who is every bit as strong at fighting off the moustache. Jack deserves to have a woman at his side who is as much as bitch as he is a jerk and as much a great woman as he is a great guy!

tori87dec's picture
13 March 2012

I for one love GenV,she was entertaining,unpredicatable and had great chemistry with everyone on the show she did a scene with. Her character had alot of storyline potential,I wanted to know about her mysterious past with Tucker. There's many boring characters on the show that they could of gotten rid of but instead they get rid of one of their best! Stupid!

tedew's picture
17 August 2009

I've said it before many many times and some have echoed it here. There is absolutely no reason on earth that Katherine should consider herself anywhere near any sort of friend of Victor. Everything from the way he always eventually treats her purported dear best friend Nikki to the way he has manipulated and hated her other friends and family. It's incomprehensible. Katherine should be Victor's mortal enemy and should actually be in league alongside her son against him. Katherine is now just an old hypocritical interfering lost cause.

That also goes for Father John. How can a ghost be so hypocritical anyway?

This new regime just has to allow Jack his win finally this time. Jack needs a new nemesis to contend with; not the same boring old one.

And exactly what makes the actions Jack just took so reviling when Victor would be praised for doing the same?

Kays's picture
18 October 2012

I am looking so forward to Shadam again Smile It has been too long . Chelsea never did a thing for this viewer watching almost 35 years now.......I am refreshed to see Smiling jack win for a change. I was there when Victor took it all away. John's ghost should not be telling Jack he was wrong. Just come back then John and handle it your self. ...Never should they of fired John without Victor Nikki and all the old timers.I for one don't care for what VR did or said I just want Drucilla to return! Neil is hanging around like a tool. Loved them together. Glad to see he will be working again though. Dru needs to come back to deal with crazy Phyllis. Someone needs to! Kay should not be picking sides! she knows it was Johns company! Victor would sell his kids to get it back.

Kays's picture
18 October 2012

I loved Neil as CEO and hate he has been waisted since Drucilla left. We need him back and Drucilla can come back . Malclom can be in NYC and sees Drucilla and brings her back to GC to regain her memory. If old Victor can she can!

tori87dec wrote:

ITA! Smile

20 December 2009

The spoiler didn't say somebody died in the fire, it read, "Sharon’s thoughtless actions kill one of the Newmans" and I think it was a misprint. i think was referring to SUMMER'S thoughtless actions.

24 August 2012

Jack - let him enjoy his time on top. Whatever. Aside from the hypocrisy of some aspects of the story, it sounds like fans don't care too much.

Villy - sounds like this is the road to divorce for them. I hope not, they actually work well as a couple.

Jill - YAY!

Nick - I'm glad he's done with Phyllis, they should never have gone in for round 2. But Avery? I like Avery, but to me, an ex hooking up with your friend or sibling is pretty low - for BOTH parties.

Chadam/Shadam - Sounds like Sharon gets a brain tumor. Probably for the best (omg, you know someone's life is messed when you actually WISH a tumor on them so their crazy actions make sense). I like Chelsea and Adam together, but the Shadam fans never really got to see what Sharon and Adam would have been like in a somewhat stable relationship. If they get back together, I hope it lasts for longer than a month and that their relationship is normal-ish for a bit.

The rest of the spoilers don't interest me...

cwbybrick's picture
27 September 2012

I agree, both Peter Bergman and Jack Abbott have stuck through Y&R for the past 30+ years (long as i've been watching) and been losing to Victor the entire time. Let him win, for gods sake. SO sick and tired of Jack losing to newmans, abbotts dying/killed off to pump up the Newmans. Let Jack keep Newman enterprises, change it to Abbot Enterprises and have the newman brats pool their 1.5B$ and create their own damn company. Enough of that decades old storyline.

I agree, if it takes Sharon diagnosed with a brain tumor to return her to normal, just do it. Make all the surgeries/treatments happen off screen, recuperating off screen in the Kansas Farm of Hope--where miraculous healings take place and Sharon return, without a man to prop her up, move off the ranch and do something positive and productive with herself--away from abbot and newman busnesses.

hey mon's picture
19 May 2011

Katherine doesn't have enough money to keep her CEO from leaving her company, and high-tailing it over to Abbot Enterprises? C'mon Josh G, dont pull another MAB on us. So I hope everyone understands, that Josh G and Jill FP, are going to do whatever it takes, to put their stamp on the show. Having Kay being suddenly poor is very unrealistic, and not at all close to reality.

What would be better is to have Chancellor fight it out with Abbott Enterprises. If Katherine is so #ell-bent on saving Victor Newman from destruction, then they should join forces to bring Jacky down. And what about the mullet-man (Tucker)? Havent seen him in a week.