Former Guiding Light Stars Lawrence Saint-Victor and Karla Mosley Become 'Bold and Beautiful'

The Springfield invasion continues on The Bold and The Beautiful. TV Guide's  Michael Logan is reporting Guiding Light alums Lawrence Saint-Victor and Karla Mosley have landed contract roles on B&B.

According to the magazine, Mosley will play Maya, a woman who is connected with Dayzee (Kristolyn Lloyd) from her Skid Row days. Let's just say Stephanie's (Susan Flannery) BFF isn't too thrilled to see Maya, when she arrives January 17.

Saint-Victor's character has an association to Los Angeles through Marcus (Texas Battle). His soon-to-be-named character is the faux Forrester's adoptive brother, who heads town on January 29.

Comments

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

While I applaud B&B's attempts at diversity, this news doesn't really excite me. They were dull and forgettable on GL. I can't imagine that the writing for them will be that much better on B&B, considering how Brad Bell has "used" Dayzee and Marcus. But we shall see.........

shanyboo's picture
26 September 2008

Why is B&B adding more characters and they don't even write for the characters they already have? I was hoping that with Ridge gone, they might give Thorne a storyline and they haven't. I give these two 6 months and they'll be dropped to recurring. It's very obvious who Bell wants to write for: Steffy/Liam/Hope and Brooke. SMH...

NathanHastingsSr.'s picture
10 August 2010

Saint-Victor should have been cast as Nate Hastings on Y&R

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

NathanHastingsSr. wrote:
Saint-Victor should have been cast as Nate Hastings on Y&R

Agreed.

19 August 2009
2 weeks 38 min

What is the beef that Bell has against the children of Stephanie & Eric?!
He keeps adding new characters and just refuses to write anything of substance for Thorne, Kristen or Felicia. Is he allergic to the DNA mix of Steric??

blake3b's picture
3 March 2009

The guy that played Remy on GL was a decent actor (he sure has a smoking body and cute face!) but this girl Karla was annoying on GL. It was really annoying how they were featured in the last episode, there were so many more important stories and characters to focus on! Characters like her, Daisy, and Ashlee? Ugh!

bishbay's picture
23 June 2010

I like the looks of Saint-Victor and he will certainly up B&B's hotness quotient--the dudes on there (Battle included, so this isn't a racially coded statement) are just so bland. I have no idea who this Karla person is. More Dayzee would be a good thing, though--she's a good actress.

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

Is there a plan to expand B&B to a full hour?

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

I'm in complete agreement with alstonboy. These actors were not impressive or memorable. I hated how the Michael Logan article was titled because I anticipating exciting news about GL alum coming to B&B. Oh well. Lol.

16 June 2010

He played Remy for quite awhile. I thought he was shaky at first but then he did some great work at some point. I thought she was interesting from the start. Considering GL actors were dealing with so many uphill battles, they did a good job.

DaytimeFan0001's picture
23 April 2008

I'm cool with this. Both actors are sweethearts. Well deserved!

25 October 2011

Sssoooo..I see this as classic Bell soap coming up. The mantra is isolate black characters in the "black SL"...Bill Sr. did it, Maria Bell did it, and I do believe that Bill Jr is about to do it. Clearly, he won't write anything but triangles. And without someone else proper (read black) to write it for with dayzee and marcus they get anything. I foresee Winters brothers and Barber sisters 2.0 coming up staring Dayzee as Olivia, new character as Dru, Marcus as Malcolm, and new character as Neil. I am still boycotting over the break up of Dustin for no reason and without a Sl to be the catalyst for it. However, I will start back reading the recaps. But it stays off my DVR until these characters are featured with a real SL and airtime. I won't hold my breath.

Side Note: B&B couldn't be outdone in diversity department with the hire of two black men and one latino on Y&R.

17 August 2010

1) I would assume the obvious: Marcus Recast

2) A SORAS Zende (Kristen's Son)

25 October 2011

jthawk wrote:
1) I would assume the obvious: Marcus Recast
2) A SORAS Zende (Kristen's Son)

Sadly TB ain't going anywhere. TPTB like him for some reason.

Zende would have been the best choice all around. Kept it in the family (which is the B&B way)and still gave Marcus and Dayzee black charcters to interact with in the "black SL" (the Bell and daytime way).

Grimm's picture
14 March 2009

I'm reminded of Robert Townsend's Soap parody "The Bold, The Black, The Beautiful"

It would be wise to try to tap into the niche of the Black viewership which is lacking significant representation on daytime shows.

31 March 2008

I'm happy to see them on B&B. You've got to give it a chance.

brettyboy's picture
28 July 2012

These two are ok, but I too would rather see Thorne, Kristen and Felicia.

Why recast Ridge when there are other sons and daughters that could come into the centre of the show.

12 July 2008

He looks great. And I am all for new characters. I dont know if this is going to work though. But I will give it a try.

I didn't mind both characters on GL. Lawrence Saint-Victor is smoking hot and can act. With him being an adoptive brother could mean a rivalry for Marcus and it means more airtime for Marcus's dad which is always a plus. He's a good actor that needs his own story. Good job B&B to up the A-A cast with story.

23 February 2009

Damn I thought the actors playing Dayzee and Marcus were being recasted.

What's the point of bringing new characters when the actors playing the characters that this hiring are shitastic - they don't know how to act especially Texas

Smitty's picture

I like these castings. Dayzee and Marcus need some conflict. I like them as a couple (I know don't shooot me!) but I don't want them to just be happy. They need conflict like all the other couples. I'm down for this.

thecourt99's picture
30 April 2009

jthawk wrote:
Um...Just off the top of my head I can think of two better ways to utilize Lawrence Saint-Victor: 1) I would assume the obvious: Marcus Recast
2) A SORAS Zende (Kristen's Son)

I LOVE this idea!! Zende should come and fight for his share of the pie.

15 May 2008

LSV would've been a kickass Nate. If he can rescue Kristolyn from Texas I'll let it ride.

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

I see nothing wrong with Walter Fauntelroy's portrayal of Nate. But the writers haven't given Nate any story which demonstrates Walter's ability to act, or Nate's usefulness on the canvas. And don't even get me started on Olivia.

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

^^Is Fauntelroy still on the Y&R cast? Even in the two scenes he had, I think he can act better than Lawrence Saint-Victor's years on Guiding Light!

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

Soapbaby-

I am not sure what his status is with the show.

25 October 2011

Grimm wrote:

It would be wise...cause Y&R definitely won't do much.

25 October 2011

alstonboy4315 wrote:

When they brought on Nate, I thought that they would make him a rival to Devon. But I guess I should have known better. Because that would mean giving both Devon and Nate and on screen romance and Y&R is NOT interested in bringing on a young AA female to move in that age group and to write for her consistantly. Lily is the token and they won't do anything else. In their mind, if another AA female is on then she MUST be paired with Neil. Regardless of how age inappropraite it is.

MsAgentProvocateur1's picture
2 December 2011

Grimm wrote:

I remember when I saw this as a kid, I was elated to see Stephanie E. Williams and this was hilarious. It still is! I just loved Robert Townsend back then! Between his comedy specials and Hollywood Shuffle, his comedic work was so Good back then!! Then he did Meteor Man and fell off. Why can't Townsend do anything interesting these days?

Judging from the way Dayzee and Marcus are isolated, I don't think any regular characters like Thorne will be at risk of having any screen time stolen by the two new characters, imo.

It will be interesting to find out whether Bell is truly committed to properly rotating his cast of characters and providing all of the characters a fruitful storyline and not just a few.