Leslie Wants Neil to FIGHT For Jabot on The Young and the Restless!

Sexy Leslie Michaelson (Angell Conwell) has her man's back today on The Young and the Restless, when she convinces Neil (Kristoff St. John) to put on his big boy drawers and fight for Jabot! Jack (Peter Bergman) is acting all cray-cray about the changes Neil has been making at his family's cosmetics firm, but the Abbott scion did hire Mr. Winters to do a job, didn't he?

I am loving me some Neil and Leslie. For the first time since Dru (Victoria Rowell) tumbled off that cliff, Neil has a viable leading lady. Watch a teaser from Friday's episode of Y&R after the jump!

Comments

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

I like Leslie but haven't jumped on the Neil/Leslie train yet. Not seeing much chemistry and I wish the interaction had a slow-burn quality. Anyway, I wish the wardrobe department wouldn't dress Leslie so matronly and the occasional bad YoHarmony wigs. Angell Conwell is too attractive for bad styling.

hey mon's picture
19 May 2011

C'mon Jamey, Dru was great, but you must have forgotten about Karen Taylor. Her scenes in the Courtroom when she was trying to adopt Ana were top notch, so was her performance the next day when she told Neil she was leaving town.

ITA, finally an actress that can be a force and great love interest for Neil as Dru. I'm loving the Winters pumped up once again instead of background decor. I see all kinds of chemistry going on personally and I'm glad the writers are not just having Neil & Leslie fall back into bed.

11 April 2009

Soapbaby,

Leslie is a corporate lawyer. She can't dress provocatively in the workplace, where she is mostly seen.

Also, I think that is Ms. Conway's real hair and not a wig.

timepass's picture
20 November 2007

Since Neil screw Karen sideways and never showed any remorse and went and screwed his brother by sleeping with his wife and went and screwed Sophie while being married, I don't want that hot mess with Leslie.

I like Leslie and only have contempt for kneel!

The Winters are a boring bunch and I don't know if that new regime can save them. So far they only write boring!

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

@josstheguy: When first hit Genoa City, working as a lawyer under Vance and she dressed appropriately but not matronly as I've noticed when she started working for Jabot. By comparison, Avery is also a corporate lawyer and does not dress matronly.

And while Angell Conwell appears to wear her natural hair in the picture accompanying this article, she on occasion appears onscreen wearing a wig. I notice poor styling for most Black women on daytime soaps with the exceptions of Tamara Tunie, Renee Elise Goldsberry, Renee Jones and (mostly) Victoria Rowell. Tonya Lee Williams, Tonya Pinkins and most recently, Debbi Morgan on both AMC & YR wore exceptionally poor wigs in their various soap roles.

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

You are absolutely right, Jamey. Nobody but my Drucilla can REALLY make Neil come alive, though Leslie seems like a somewhat suitable mate for him. Kudos to JFP for deciding to focus more on Angell Conwell and less on Sofia/the dreadful Julie Paceless Mitchell, who mercifully has been off my screen for what seems like quite some time now. Thank goodness for small favors.

23 February 2009

I know a wig when i see one and i have spotted AC with several since she came back to YR.

I don't see it at all. Leslie and Neil are a mismatch. Neil should remain single

Coffee_Junkie's picture

Why should this chick care about Jabot? She's been there a nanosecond.

And I'm sorry--but if Neil is going to let his CHILDREN make bone-headed decisions about a company JACK'S FATHER built, Jack has every right to pull rank, step in and say NO. Sure he made Neil CEO, but that doesn't give Neil the right to do whatever the hell he wants. If he can't accept that no, he DOESN'T have complete autonomy, than he should either resign or be fired.

sillytee's picture
9 February 2009

cofffiejunkie has a point.. do any of neil's kids or that dreadful cane have degrees in business???

btw, Leslie's brother is hawt..and that mason guy can't act.

bishbay's picture
23 June 2010

Tyler's hot as hell and AC continues to be a charming actress whose work I really enjoy. Those are really the only things worth commenting on in this sad, sad storyline. The Winters and that POS Cane (seriously, he's the second-biggest villain on the canvas behind Victor) are in terrible shape.

soapbaby wrote:

Y and R only knows how to do bad, mismatched hairdos. In my old man opinion, the have the absolute worse hair mismatches of any TV show.

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

Coffee_Junkie wrote:

Also, also, Jack has a drug problem. He's not capable of making any decisions.

bobbyew's picture
19 October 2012

It was a great episode. I love Leslie but no chemistry with Neil. He is too dry to me without Dru. Its like he overacts in every scene even when he is with his kids. Neil just doesn't come off natural. As if he is nervous about losing his acting gig. That Blake Hood is just hot. His acting has come along the scene with Jack today was great.

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@Jamey Giddens: I don't know if she belongs with Neil just yet. They need to take some time with this. No more quick romances. She is also a little too young for him. But i'm willing to go with it for now and see where it leads. She does have some spunk and that is much needed on here.

Though I wish they would pull Renee Jones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zQwTIUyog ) or Amelia Marshall ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYXxpSoh334) out of retirement as an original character.

22 January 2008

@David Age never bothers me with soap couples. One of my all-time favorite soap pairings was Mac Cory and Rachel Davis from Another World, and he was old enough to be her father. If the story is there and the chemistry is there, then like Aaliyah said, "Age ain't nuthin' but a number". Wink

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@Jamey Giddens: Good to know! That's why i'll give them time. But I do like her. She is a good actress.

Here is an ode to Rachel and Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJpVoXodW58

22 January 2008

@David That is on of my fave Mac and Rachel scenes! That was back when all it took to make incredible soap opera was two incredible performers, a killer script filled with psychosexual nuances and a fairly basic set.

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@Jamey Giddens: That is type of writing I prefer on daytime. It is more engaging. If we can get back to that we'd be on fire!

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

@david46208: That AW clip is glorious! This is also the type of writing I'd prefer on soaps. Smart, intense, dramatic and eloquent. I understand we live in a different time but I can never understand why scenes like that cannot still be written. After being raised on daytime soaps like that and witnessing such greatness, I am a particularly hard judge of soaps.

david46208's picture
15 January 2009

@soapbaby: I think that if you write intense eloquent soaps then you have something. That's why I been putting together my soap manuscripts just waiting for someone to take me up on the offer.

31 March 2008

As the 'ole folk say...'Ain't nothin' get old but clothes, my baby.' Now remember grandma from the Nutty Professor...she could teach that Mrs. Chancellor a thang or two..or three...LOL!

Coffee_Junkie's picture

Marcelle wrote:
Coffee_Junkie wrote:
In Neil's defense, when Jack offered him the position, Neil informed him that he'd only take the job if he was in fact given complete autonomy. Jack agreed. Also, Jack has lost Jabot, how many times over the years? He's doing his father's legacy no favors all on his own. And this folding Jabot into Newman business, is only a setup for Jack to lose this company again. Also, also, Jack has a drug problem. He's not capable of making any decisions.

Jack's drug problem doesn't matter. He still owns Jabot and he is Neil's superior. At the end of the day Neil has to answer to him if Jack calls something into question.

It's kinda like Maria Arena Bell saying, "fu#$ it, I'm gonna pair Victor with Sharon, even though everyone is against it. I'm a BELL and I'm in CHARGE."

Well....look what happened there!

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

20 July 2009

In this scene between Neil and Leslie, he looked like he was having a discussion with his daughter. Neil is too stiff for a sweet young thing - like Victor and Sharon, bad pairing.

shanyboo's picture
26 September 2008

RealisticViewer wrote:

I totally agree! KSJ seems like he's been phoning it in for years. They should pair her with someone she can spark with. What about her & Nick? I'd like to see those two in a scene together. I think they could be hot.

ChrisGa's picture
9 September 2009

I love Leslie but I agree with a few other folks on here--don't see the chemistry between her and Neil. As shanyboo pointed out, KSJ has been on autopilot for years; he looks fairly disinterested most of the time, no matter who he's sharing scenes with.

@Hey mon--loved Nia Peeples as Karen and I thought she and Neil actually had some palpable chemistry, far more than anyone he's been paired with since Dru left the canvas.

@bobbyew--Blake Hood looked hot as hell on Friday's ep. Don't know if it's the new haircut or what but me likes.

26 September 2012

IMO, Neil's best pairing since Dru was Karen. Now they were a good match before MAB ruined it. I don't see any chemistry with him and Leslie. I can see her more with Devon than Neil.

KSJ does look good for his age but I would rather he be with someone a little older than Leslie. And not someone around his daughter's age.

I would of loved to see KSJ with a leading lady such as Renee Jones or Renee Goldsberry.

Coffee_Junkie's picture

Marcelle wrote:
^The difference between Maria and Neil, is that the only reason Maria got the boot, is because ratings began to fall. If Y&R was doing amazing in the ratings with her crazy storytelling, she'd still be with the show. Jack hired Neil to do a job, agreeing to give Neil complete autonomy over Jabot. At this point in the story, nothing Neil has done, has negatively impacted Jabot's business. There has to be just cause for disciplinary actions/firings. As of now, Jack has none.

That's not really true. They just used *falling ratings" as an excuse. She was really canned for her reckless disregard.

bobbyew's picture
19 October 2012

12/24 episode of Y&R is so good I'm watching it again right now. When you see Tyler and Cain. Jack and Kyle, Victor and Victoria. Sharon and Adam. Off the Chain today. To all of you out there, the writing is ONE. The acting is superb. Y&R is back in full effect!!! JFP, Josh G. Thank you for giving me back my show. I was skeptikal there for a minute but THIS CHRISTMAS you gave me and all of the WORLD their show back....