Eileen Davidson on DAYS and Young and Restless: "It Would Be Great to Somehow Be Able to Do Both"






Who says you can't go home again, even while starring on another soap? Days of Our Lives scene stealer Eileen Davidson dished to TV Guide Magazine's Michael Logan about her upcoming The Young and the Restless guest stint. The multi-tasking actress will reprise the role of Ashley Abbott for Y&R's 40th anniversary, while still appearing as DAYS' dastardly Kristen Blake DiMera. From the chat:

TV Guide Magazine: Can we safely assume that Sony, which oversees both Days and Y&R, made this magic happen between the networks?

Davidson: Yes, Sony worked it all out and it's been terrific! I got a phone call quite a few weeks ago asking if I'd be willing to come back to Y&R for a few days and did I want to think about it? I was, like, "Think about it? I don't need to think. Of course, I'll come back!" When [Y&R head writer] Josh Griffith spoke to you last summer he let it be known that he was sorry I was gone and that he wanted me to return. But, really, what were the chances?

Will this be a one time thing? Davidson revealed her thoughts.

TV Guide Magazine: Do you think they're testing the waters? Might this soap-hopping thing happen for you on a regular basis?

Davidson: I really don't know. That certainly crossed my mind. I think it would be great to somehow be able to do both but we'll see. Though Ashley's there for Victor and Nikki's wedding she's not just sitting in a pew. She's right back in the mix of things and getting involved in her brother Jack's life. She's very concerned about him.


Comments

harlee490's picture
Member since:
6 December 2009
Last activity:
15 hours 1 min

Be still my heart...I going to cry! Come on Sony, CBS, & NBC please do this and use to each network's advantage for promotion! Wink

Can you imagine the story Josh could give Ashley! WOW! Love

Restless Fan's picture
Member since:
12 December 2008
Last activity:
7 hours 33 min

I love that Eileen is back. I'll take her for 3 episodes or 3 years, whatever they can give us. I too would like to see her bounce from both soaps. Frankly the fact that Days shoots so far in advance could help make that a reality. Lets see what the soap gods have planned down the road.

SoapArmageddon's picture
Member since:
22 January 2011
Last activity:
4 days 15 hours

It sounds as if that wedding will be a can't-miss event!!

TraceyAbbot101's picture
Member since:
4 March 2012
Last activity:
1 day 16 hours

Katherine's death will put a damper on things -

Member since:
9 March 2012
Last activity:
7 weeks 5 days

I don't see why Sony can't make this a regular occurrence for Eileen Davidson. They allowed Wally Kurth to visit GH not only for Edward's funeral and the days after that but just a few weeks ago when we heard about another Quartermaine heir. I don't know if Wally Kurth is under contract with Days like Eileen is or if he's recurring if that makes a difference.

Member since:
9 March 2012
Last activity:
7 weeks 5 days

TraceyAbbot101 wrote:
Katherine's death will put a damper on things -

Is it confined that they are killing off Mrs. Chancellor?

harlee490's picture
Member since:
6 December 2009
Last activity:
15 hours 1 min

Just read the article...FANASTIC and you can tell "Ashley" is in her heart so let the party to begin and viewers have her on both soaps to share! Smile

alstonboy4315's picture
Member since:
12 February 2010
Last activity:
5 weeks 6 days

TraceyAbbott101--

Please don't put that out there. Sad
You know the devil is busy.

If Kill Farren Phelps offs Katherine Chancellor, I might have to stop watching this show for good. She did the same crap with Anna Lee, firing a 90-something year old woman who just wanted to work in the twilight years of her life. And we all know she likes to repeat past mistakes.

Member since:
7 November 2009
Last activity:
13 hours 57 min

I am with you on this one Alstonboy. Kay has been around too long, and is one of the originals and I absolutely hate the idea of them thinking of getting rid of her, especially with all the non talented hacks that we have.

harlee490's picture
Member since:
6 December 2009
Last activity:
15 hours 1 min

Katherine isn't an original cast member. She didn't join until year or so later.

TraceyAbbott...you know something we other fans don't know?

Katherine isn't going anywhere, I just don't believe it.

ChrisGa's picture
Member since:
9 September 2009
Last activity:
10 hours 11 min

Restless Fan wrote:
I love that Eileen is back. I'll take her for 3 episodes or 3 years, whatever they can give us. I too would like to see her bounce from both soaps. Frankly the fact that Days shoots so far in advance could help make that a reality. Lets see what the soap gods have planned down the road.

Yeah, I don't see why this can't happen especially, as you say, with DAYS insane, advanced shooting schedule. And with DAYS turning a creative corner in the last six or eight weeks there are other stories on the canvas that are pretty damn good and Kristen isn't necessarily needed 4 days a week to prop up the show as much. Plus, Y&R's canvas just isn't complete without Ashley Abbott in the picture on a regular basis. If they can't get Brenda Epperson to come back permanently, then TPTB should work something out to have Eileen on as much as possible.

Member since:
7 November 2009
Last activity:
13 hours 57 min

harlee490 wrote:
Katherine isn't an original cast member. She didn't join until year or so later.

TraceyAbbott...you know something we other fans don't know?

Katherine isn't going anywhere, I just don't believe it.

Sorry HARLEE, I missed the first few years of YR, as I didn't have a DVR in those days.

harlee490's picture
Member since:
6 December 2009
Last activity:
15 hours 1 min

yojoromo4469 wrote:
Sorry HARLEE, I missed the first few years of YR, as I didn't have a DVR in those days.[/quote]
************

No my mom had a Beta to record our soaps which I never missed my soaps...sly way about making fun of my age? Doesn't bother me...we get there in time Wink

Member since:
7 November 2009
Last activity:
13 hours 57 min

harlee490 wrote:
yojoromo4469 wrote:
Sorry HARLEE, I missed the first few years of YR, as I didn't have a DVR in those days.

************

No my mom had a Beta to record our soaps which I never missed my soaps...sly way about making fun of my age? Doesn't bother me...we get there in time ;)[/quote]

I am older than dirt, so no way would I make fun of someone's age.

harlee490's picture
Member since:
6 December 2009
Last activity:
15 hours 1 min

yojoromo4469....LMFAO!!!! Big smile

pferrando's picture
Member since:
28 June 2012
Last activity:
18 hours 14 min

She's ALMOST an original...I think she still debuted in Y and R's first year on the air, just not right away.

And the show forever changed because of her! (And Jill...)

If for some reason JFP did "off" her, I think that just might be the beginning of the end for me.

I really haven't given much credit to Jill yet as it's the writing that's really changed the show, not some of her other "touches".

Just putting that out their Jill.

But to the real news, I just really hope we see Ashley for more than just a few shows. Sony would be smart to know she's a ratings grab for both shows.

Restless Fan's picture
Member since:
12 December 2008
Last activity:
7 hours 33 min

I don't believe they are going to kill Katherine off. That's just what on liners are speculating. I listened to a podcast about a month ago where Jeanne was the guest. She said the show was going to start shooting a storyline she thinks the fans are really going to like. Let's not assume the worst.

@pferrando: Yes the most positive changes have occurred in the writing. Jill's producing has been hit and miss for me. I love that she knows how to work with actors. I felt for too long under MAB the actors were sleepwalking through their scenes. I also like that the costumes have improved. The people of GC look like people of wealth again. For me her biggest blunder is in how the show is scored. That is her doing and frankly her biggest gaffe so far as EP. Like I said earlier, I like some of the scores I've heard but not all of them. Mostly I hate the stuff with vocals. It's just not working. Nothing says shoe string budget better than using music from artists no one has heard of.

hey mon's picture
Member since:
19 May 2011
Last activity:
13 hours 3 min

I dont see why Josh and Jill would kill anybody off. They havent killed anyone off yet. Many people have left town, but no one has been killed. If it had been up to me, Gen would have been killed off, by the Genoa City Stalker.

ChrisGa's picture
Member since:
9 September 2009
Last activity:
10 hours 11 min

Meh, I don't think it necessary to kill the old battle axe off, but if I never see Victor Newman's one-woman cheering section again I think I'd make it through the day fairly unscathed Smile .

Yoryla's picture
Member since:
26 May 2012
Last activity:
16 hours 35 min

Well it's all great, but while I have total faith in ED's, not only acting, but also multi-tasking, abilities, she should be wary of the workload. When you work in two different companies at the same time, it doesn't matter what the hourly amount is, your workload is very stressful. And I would hate to see her burned out, especially due to her utmost importance on Days.

Then again, given she has gone through that in a previous point in her life, I'm sure she is able to keep tabs on herself and be wary of that.

This can't be compared to Wally Kurth. He is recurring on Days, and is used maybe once in two weeks.

kintex's picture
Member since:
8 November 2010
Last activity:
12 hours 18 min

SoapArmageddon wrote:
It sounds as if that wedding will be a can't-miss event!!

I hope the wedding has some drama because the storm of the century was uneventful.

kintex's picture
Member since:
8 November 2010
Last activity:
12 hours 18 min

Double Post

hey mon's picture
Member since:
19 May 2011
Last activity:
13 hours 3 min

I dont thing that ED could handle double-duty, with the level of scenes that Kristen is in. She is literally on almost every day -- she is almost at MAB's Phyllis-like proportions. So I do not see how Eileen D cold possibly pull off both Shows.

I dont mind Ashley coming to town once or twice a year, but I would hate for her to be put on contract at Y&R, just to be Abby's 'sounding board'.

I'm seeing in the Spoilers over at Soaps.com that Summer is going to get romantically involved with Kyle. The great relative 'reveal' is soon to be a-coming. Happens every 10 years. Early 90s, almost Vicky and Cole. Early 00s, Billy and Mac. Early 10s, Summer and Kyle.

Member since:
23 August 2009
Last activity:
5 weeks 6 days

Did anyone read MTS interview with TV Guide? She stated that she was scared to death when JFP was coming on board because of the rumors surrounding her. She said that she absolutely loves her and she is great to work for. She gets actor's input into potential sls.

hey mon's picture
Member since:
19 May 2011
Last activity:
13 hours 3 min

Would you diss the boss, JFP, if she was known, to eliminate all women 55 yrs of age, on a show? MTS is probably, most likely, 'running scared'.

Member since:
7 January 2013
Last activity:
2 weeks 3 days

Here's hoping Eileen will be on Days a lot more. I love having Kristin back, and I watch Y&R too, so there could be some more Abbott blood around Genoa City as well. However, if they ever must recast Ashley, then how about Maura West (I know she was the Diane recast but she fits the mold.) or even Sarah Brown? On the other side of the coin, Sarah Brown could be a Kristin recast as well as she plays conniving well. So maybe there could be a sharing agreement as with the very talented Wally Kurth between Days and GH, though I like him on GH better.

ChrisGa's picture
Member since:
9 September 2009
Last activity:
10 hours 11 min

MotownKate4Soaps wrote:
Here's hoping Eileen will be on Days a lot more. I love having Kristin back, and I watch Y&R too, so there could be some more Abbott blood around Genoa City as well. However, if they ever must recast Ashley, then how about Maura West (I know she was the Diane recast but she fits the mold.) or even Sarah Brown? On the other side of the coin, Sarah Brown could be a Kristin recast as well as she plays conniving well. So maybe there could be a sharing agreement as with the very talented Wally Kurth between Days and GH, though I like him on GH better.

Ugh, please no to Sarah Brown in either of those roles; she's way too harsh an actress to register as Ashley IMO and I just can't imagine anyone as Kristen besides ED.

Member since:
23 August 2009
Last activity:
5 weeks 6 days

There has been NO mention of removing MTS or JC. In fact, the interview of MTS goes on to talk about the sl of her dealing with MS and how it is going to be told in a very dignified manner. JC talked about an exciting sl coming up for Katherine. People throw out idle rumors and speculation and then people get their knickers in a knot over nothing.

Member since:
23 August 2009
Last activity:
5 weeks 6 days

Brenda Epperson (?, the actress who replaced her years ago was an excellent recast. While I love ED, the other woman took the role and made it her own as well.

TraceyAbbot101's picture
Member since:
4 March 2012
Last activity:
1 day 16 hours

oops.... wss I thinking out loud??