Ex-Young and Restless Star Marcy Rylan CONFIRMED as General Hospital's Lulu!

Looks like my sources were on the money once again! General Hospital is confirming the casting of Marcy Rylan as Lulu Spencer Falconeri, according to online reports.

The popular actress, who currently recurs as Abby Newman on The Young and the Restless, will be assuming the role recently vacated by Julie Marie Berman.

Comments

J Bernard Jones's picture
9 September 2008

gslam wrote

@J Bernard Jones! Where are you when I need you to back me up?!?

My Valentini/Rumplestiltskin comment was just me being silly; with all the casting news and "gets," there must be sorcery involved. LOL

As far as Ms. Rylan coming on as Lulu, I am delighted to see her join GH!

J Bernard Jones's picture
9 September 2008

Marcy Rylan and Genie Francis worked together on YR already and they have no acting chemistry whatsoever. I can't picture them selling any mother-daughter relationship.

Different shows, different writers, different relational dynamics can often produce different results.

7 July 2008

I can see her as Lulu but not Dante....rather I see her with Patrick.

Puertoricanlips's picture
4 February 2009

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Love my LITTLE LIZZIE SPAULDING !!!!!!

5 March 2010

NO JEN LILLEY AS ABBY! UGH didn't care for her

YES YES YES YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT an AMAZING piece of news! I had no idea Marcy would even be interested in the part. I couldn't have thought of better recast!!!!!!

Marcy is an amazing actress - always loved her as Abby Newman on Y&R since she joined in 2010.

Praise the Soap Lords!!!!

Oh, and by the way, JFP: HA-HA! Your loss! Even though they hired her back later on, this serves Y&R totally right for firing her in the first place!

PLUS: Marcy and Genie already worked together on Y&R, so they know each other! And IMO those two can make anything work! Smile

john2124's picture
26 January 2010

J Bernard Jones wrote:
gslam wrote

@J Bernard Jones! Where are you when I need you to back me up?!?

As far as Ms. Rylan coming on as Lulu, I am delighted to see her join GH!

I was thinking the same thing. Lol the comments on here.

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

TraceyAbbot101 wrote:
yeah. we get Steve Burton.... Mr facial expression.... Sad

^^ LOL. Hilarious and true. Marcy Rylan's return reinvigorated Abby Carlton on the Y&R canvas. Steve Burton hasn't brought any thing to the table thus far and has already landed on my FFWD list.

Marcy Rylan is playing more than a ditz and I hope she doesn't mimic Kirsten Storm's energy as Maxie.

Evangeline Vega's picture
4 January 2011

Aw, I'm liking Lulu more this instant when I never liked her before. I really like MR and she made me like Abby so I wish her all the luck in this role. It'll be interesting seeing her opposite Tony, Genie and KS. Wish I could see her opposite JJ but I digress...

Lastly, the moment I read this header I thought of Luke Kerr throwing his own personal party w/ confetti then thinking "If only I could get Maura West as Carly now..." He must be stoked!

27 December 2009

Quote:
Marcy Rylan's return reinvigorated Abby Carlton on the Y&R canvas.

Say what? Her character was a flop. I can't stand MR's acting. Its WAY TOO HAMMY. I find all the characters she plays to be obnoxious.

bobbyew's picture
19 October 2012

This really saddens me that JFP and Josh G let her go. Her and Kristen Storms will clash on set. It will not go well. Very diappointed!

ldylkng's picture
14 July 2009

Love her, Love her, and can't wait to see her as Lulu! I personally think she & Dom will be great together, although don't think this is Cartini's intentions.
But secondly, Let me say, I will truly miss her as Abby on Y&R! Can't even think of anyone who could compare!

IOWAHAWKEYE's picture

Post #24 says it all -- this is more about a feud betw GH and Y/R...Marcy Rylan is tres annoying as a spoiled heiress, but maybe a role like Lulu will help her branch out, hopefully i'm wrong in the long run. OR they'll just tailor fit Lulu for Rylan as they did Carly for Wright. I'm not 100% sure Landon has a *soft* enough look for the role either, but to me this recast is just more of a trek down the wrong road.

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

Is there some sort of undeclared casting war between Y&R and GH?

And, BTW, I always thought the actress' name was Marcy. Suddenly, I see she's being called Emme on various other sites.

Daniel St. John's picture
7 July 2009

This is great news! Love Marcy and she showed she could be more than just a flighty ditz when she played Lizzie on GL.
Added bonus now Dante won't have to look up at his lady love.

NathanHastingsSr.'s picture
10 August 2010

Bye Abby!

IOWAHAWKEYE's picture

To SwanQueen & Dyllan -- ditto. Back in the day, i was HORRIFIED about Jensen Buchanan taking on the legendary role of Victoria Hudson Harrison McKinnon that won both Anne Heche and Ellen Wheeler Emmys, i believe. Slowly but surely, i became a die hard fan, as Jensen made Vicky her own. I never missed a day. It never made me forget Anne or Ellen in the role, but Jensen's Vicky became one of my favorite characters, at least until JFP and Goutman butchered the show and then paired her with her BFF Jake. Maybe playing Lulu will give me a newfound appreciation for Rylan.

I think i FF'd thru all things Lizzie and Bill on GL, she was just shrieking and whiny, didn't feel it AT ALL.

IOWAHAWKEYE's picture

"landed on my FFWD List" -- LMAO!

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

soapbaby wrote:
... Steve Burton hasn't brought any thing to the table thus far and has already landed on my FFWD list....

Oh, Jeez. Now we're going to get another crazed GH fan telling us how he's the best thing to happen to Y&R since Victor Newman. Smile

16 February 2013

Here's a thought...how about a job swap and bring Julie Marie Berman on as Abby Newman! Then the wishful casting of Brandon Barash as Scott could result in an Abby/Scott romance.

24 January 2012

SoapArmageddon wrote:
Is there some sort of undeclared casting war between Y&R and GH?

I think she uses the name Marcy professionally, and Emme in her personal life.

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

Thanks, cord2012.

Y&R's big loss and err by Sony, by making the cut instead of renewing her contract even without story and figuring out a story...but must move on, and yes Y&R needs to recast the part and put on contract.

NO JMB!!!! Stare she doesn't fit the image as Ashley's daughter!! Puke, gag... A nuAbby needs to be very ravishing as ED's Ashley. Go with different type look for Abby, let this Abby by slight more brunette as Victor and her siblings.

My pick is Chrishell Stause, she brings that naughtiness, sexual appeal and looks great in those tight dresses as Ashley. Wink

PS...I just don't really think we need Brandon but if we get him not all fans will be open to another GH castway. MAB did it w\both AMC & GH and now this news. He could go to DOOL as character. Smile

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

I wouldn't mind having Brandon B. on Days....wouldn't mind having him in real life either. Smile

He could play Sonny's half-brother Alexander, the son Justin had with Anjelica Devereaux.

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

SoapArmageddon wrote:

Hee, hee. I am both a crazed GH and Y&R fan. Wink

I'd trade Abby Carlton (an Abbott and Newman) for Dylan McAvoy and his journal of pain (he had a box of pain on GH) any day of the week! He's so wooden and she is so vibrant besides being connected to 90% of the characters. Wish she'd stay and he'd go. Anyway, best of luck to Marcy Rylan and we GH fans are lucky.

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

I know you're a fan of both, soapbaby. But you are in no way a "crazed" fan. I've never seen a post from you that I would consider complete, bat-shit crazy.

nysam's picture
28 October 2008

With Marcy in the role of "Lulu"..."Lucky" if portrayed by Jonathan Jackson becomes the younger Spencer sibling. Rylan is 2 years older in real life than Jonathan Jackson. I remember when Lucky was at least 10 years older than his sister.

I do think there is a war between GH and Y&R just like there was one with ABC & CBS when Frons and Bloom were in charge. They were always trying to poach actors from each other.

svexsal's picture