Ex-Young and Restless Star Marcy Rylan CONFIRMED as General Hospital's Lulu!





Looks like my sources were on the money once again! General Hospital is confirming the casting of Marcy Rylan as Lulu Spencer Falconeri, according to online reports.

The popular actress, who currently recurs as Abby Newman on The Young and the Restless, will be assuming the role recently vacated by Julie Marie Berman.


Comments

Member since:
19 December 2010
Last activity:
12 weeks 9 hours

Love it. She is such a great actress.

Member since:
7 February 2012
Last activity:
2 weeks 1 day

stoney07 wrote:
A GH/YR rivalry only exists in some people's minds...

I know if I were an executive, I wouldn't be worried about GH, if I was working at Y&R. The number 1 soap by a LONGSHOT shouldn't be in a rivalry with a lesser soap...just my opinion Smile but then again, i'm biased...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I am going to step in it again, yes there may not be much of one now.

However, back in the early 80's when ALL you heard about was Luke and Laura blah, blah blah. Liz Taylor watches and was a guest at the wedding, and you were watching Y&R, or any other soap for that matter, and not watching GH, oh the horror. I had no interest in GH, and Y&R, GL(under Douglas Marland), ATWT were IMO by far the superior shows.

When Y&R finally became number one it was A HUGE DEAL.

Member since:
7 February 2012
Last activity:
2 weeks 1 day

sorry double post Sad

soapbaby's picture
Member since:
7 April 2011
Last activity:
8 hours 54 min

Yoryla wrote:
soapbaby wrote:
Also, Why would CBS Daytime engage in a "war" with ABC when Y&R/B&B top the ratings? GH & DAYS are more comparable in ratings.

First of all, there is a definite industry and fan rivalry between Y&R and GH. It's based on many things, I'm sure the simultaneous big anniversaries, GH's increased prominence and positive press and the fact the GH's former showrunner is now Y&R showrunner have all had an affect. And many fans are divided between these two institutions.

Second, the ratings aren't that clear and cut. GH has had significant increases and is fighting for the number two spot with B&B, not with DAYS.

And Y&R/ B&B fighting just doesn't make much sense. The shows are on the same network, have always been close, and B&B is like Y&R's little sister.

^^ @ Yorlya: First of all, your tone seems rather harsh. A simple, " I disagree for the following reasons..." would have sufficed.

Second, you completely misunderstood my use of "/" between Y&R and B&B.

Thirdly, I agree with stoney07's assessment of the situation.

pjc722's picture
Member since:
6 February 2012
Last activity:
1 day 22 hours

ABSOLUTE IDIOTS OVER AT Y&R FOR LETTING MARCY SLIP THROUGH THEIR FINGERS TWICE!!! Honestly, this actress brings a breathe of fresh air and ease to this show! I can't tell you when the last time I watched an actress on this show that delivers with as much punch, with as much fun and excitement, AND WITH AS MUCH SWEETNESS than Marcy!!!

I can not believe that after firing her when they first came on, then with promos for bringing her back they allowed GH to take her!!! This is absolutely ridiculous and upsetting.

GH has got a great actress who has proven herself with two legacy characters from GL to Y&R!

Nice move, Jill and Josh. Let's hire another guy so this show can be all about testosterone and less about empowering women and showcasing them!

This is the dumbest move yet by a producer on daytime... WELL, only if you take out all the actions of Maria Bell will it be the dumbest move!

pjc722's picture
Member since:
6 February 2012
Last activity:
1 day 22 hours

GOOD LUCK< MARCY!!! You are tremendous!!!!

DaveBedford's picture
Member since:
17 January 2013
Last activity:
1 year 5 weeks

It's ironic & funny that Genie & Marcy have worked together before on Y&R where their characters hated one another but now, she's playing the daughter of Laura played by Genie. LOL

J Bernard Jones's picture
Member since:
9 September 2008
Last activity:
8 hours 8 min

Imagine being fired from your job and then told you could come back on an "as needed" basis with no guarantee.

Like 87% of GH's current cast?

Wink

J Bernard Jones's picture
Member since:
9 September 2008
Last activity:
8 hours 8 min

It's ironic & funny that Genie & Marcy have worked together before on Y&R where their characters hated one another but now, she's playing the daughter of Laura played by Genie. LOL

Like when Wally Kurth played Jane Elliot's lover on Days of Our Lives (Justin & Angelica) but went to playing her son (Ned to Tracy) on GH.

Wink

Member since:
26 July 2011
Last activity:
14 hours 28 min

DAMN you Y&R! WTF? I can't believe we got her back and she leaving. I was happy they didn't write her as the spoiled brat, UGH Jill/Josh come on get it together- That Ryland girl is good, and pls don't come back with a chick from a cancel show playing Abby Newman to upstage GH-

Screamer_2012's picture
Member since:
17 April 2010
Last activity:
2 weeks 4 hours

She was the first actress I mentioned as a great recast, after learning JMB had quit, but I said that it was too bad she was back on Y&R. It makes me a happy camper to find out she wasn't put back on contract over there. Smile

Member since:
6 December 2008
Last activity:
10 weeks 6 days

Emme is Marcy's nickname. I just looked it up on her imdb page. Here's the link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm555-5555/bio

Member since:
6 December 2008
Last activity:
10 weeks 6 days

I wish Marcy the best of luck at GH.

ChrisGa's picture
Member since:
9 September 2009
Last activity:
6 hours 53 min

Sigh..this is such a loss for Y&R. I just watched today's episode and the interplay between MR and Ignacio Serrichio(Alex) was not only wonderfully flirty but there was a sense of real genuineness on Abby's part, something the writers don't play up very often. That said, the girl should've never been taken off contract and that stupidity ends up being GH's gain. Good luck Marcy(though with your talent you're hardly gonna need it).

DaveBedford's picture
Member since:
17 January 2013
Last activity:
1 year 5 weeks

OMG I never knew Wally & Jane were lovers on Days! I learn something new everyday Smile

Member since:
31 July 2012
Last activity:
16 weeks 2 days

I have never seen this actress and was not even aware of her until today. But apparently this is a big deal!!!

Screamer_2012's picture
Member since:
17 April 2010
Last activity:
2 weeks 4 hours

iowaninmn wrote:
I have never seen this actress and was not even aware of her until today. But apparently this is a big deal!!!

If you're a fan of GH, and were a fan of JMB, I don't think you'll be disappointed with Emme (Marcy) Rylan as Lulu. She has dynamic acting range, and she's also great at crying scenes, which is another bonus. She was a huge improvement over Crystal Hunt, when she took over the roll of Lizzie Spaulding on Guiding Light.

On another note... I'd still LOVE to see Tom Pelphrey take over the roll as Lucky Spencer on GH. He's the same age as Jonathan Jackson, but he's hunky, looks more mature and has the same kind of energetic acting range as JJ. Jacob Young and Greg Vaughan are, both, great actors, but they just couldn't fill JJ's shoes as Lucky. I believe Tom Pelphrey could fill his shoes.

Member since:
27 December 2009
Last activity:
3 days 7 hours

Quote:
Not a fan of Abby. Y&R doesn't need her.

Agreed! I don't get how she is considered the second coming. She needs to go to acting class because she plays the SAME obnoxious character on every show she plays. This is Y&R's gain. Hey, coffee Junkie, are you on twitter? What's your username?

I doubt JFP caved into "fans" outcrying because I don't think she was that popular.

CarlyCfan's picture
Member since:
14 May 2009
Last activity:
2 hours 32 min

I think that she's more of a Maxie than a Lulu but i love her.

Yoryla's picture
Member since:
26 May 2012
Last activity:
14 hours 13 min

soapbaby wrote:

^^ @ Yorlya: First of all, your tone seems rather harsh. A simple, " I disagree for the following reasons..." would have sufficed. Second, you completely misunderstood my use of "/" between Y&R and B&B. Thirdly, I agree with stoney07's assessment of the situation.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, that was not my intention. However, I don't like people saying things like "why is there a competition between Y&R and GH, there shouldn't be any." That's a little insulting to GH. Ratings-wise, yes it's true, Y&R is number 1 and in a league of its own. I am not expecting GH to get one over on Y&R in that respect.

But as two major institutions there is a clear competition. Like I said earlier, B&B cannot be compared because it is like Y&R's little sister and it is a 30 minute show whereas the others are an hour. And DAYS is it's own institution aswell, but it's just not as strong rihgt now as Y&R or GH. And by "institution" I mean things like recognition, how much people talk about them, buzz, media, etc.

And about the ratings, that's the way it has been for nearly 25 years: Y&R HAS been number 1 no matter what - ALSO through the MAB times that the current regime's admirers like to bash so eagerly. So in some respect it's silly to NOW play the "Y&R is number 1 in the ratings" -card, since it's been that way for over 20 years.

Member since:
23 May 2012
Last activity:
21 hours 33 min

I'm willing to give Marcy a chance. I watch Y &R and she's good at playing a spunky character. I don't expect her to be like JMB,and hopefully she'll add some spice to Lulu. JMB has been looking bored lately on GH ,(and I don't blame her with that silly surrogate story), so I wasn't too surprised when she announced she'd be leaving.

Yoryla's picture
Member since:
26 May 2012
Last activity:
14 hours 13 min

stoney07 wrote:
A GH/YR rivalry only exists in some people's minds...
I know if I were an executive, I wouldn't be worried about GH, if I was working at Y&R. The number 1 soap by a LONGSHOT shouldn't be in a rivalry with a lesser soap...just my opinion Smile but then again, i'm biased...

Stoney, please don't get snippy with me. I like you, but sometimes you are really trying my patience.

There most definitely IS a Y&R/GH rivalry - to which You yourself have contributed to A LOT. You have bashed GH all over the soap boards. And that's fine because I have done much of the same with Y&R. But don't come in here and say "there is no rivalry". That's just silly.

And, as I said in another post, yes, Y&R IS number one in the ratings, and are in a league of their own. But, as you very well know, there are much more to a soap's position and popularity than just the ratings. There are other factors. GH has been the most talked about and applauded soap since 2012.

Member since:
16 April 2010
Last activity:
9 hours 2 min

It wasn't that long ago as a soap community we all banded together to support each others soaps regardless of network or viewing history just to save the genre. Both GH and Y&R are incredible shows with long rich histories, neither would have lasted 40 and 50 yrs if they both were not iconic programs at the top of their game at one time or another, and both have seriously faltered at one time or another.
General Hospital redefined the genre in the late 70's early 80's with the genius of Gloria Monty and the extreme talents of Tony Geary and Genie Francis. From that experience, soaps morphed into a popularity and credibility they had never experienced before giving them a much longer life than they may have had otherwise. For that reason, General Hospital alone is a pioneer in the industry. Y&R is classic, is has remained at #1 for the past 26 yrs. because of the Bell family and its devotion to the history of character and story. GH didn't have that option, its been a series of new Executive Producers and Writers coming in and out the door that want to reinvent GH and put their stamp on it, and over the past decade, it nearly cost General Hospital its very existence. Had Y&R been faced with the same situation, I'm not sure it would be the show it is today without the constant supervision and guidance of the Bell family.
I would have to say though as a 35 yrs. fan of General Hospital, Y&R does tell a much better story, they do develop their characters much better, and in the end deserve their #1 position. Now that GH has their core back again, I would hope that Calveriti could really begin to develop the characters and begin to write some intelligent, well thought out stories to hook the audience and emotionally attach them back into the show.

stoney07's picture
Member since:
18 August 2009
Last activity:
11 hours 3 min

Yoryla wrote:
stoney07 wrote:
A GH/YR rivalry only exists in some people's minds...
I know if I were an executive, I wouldn't be worried about GH, if I was working at Y&R. The number 1 soap by a LONGSHOT shouldn't be in a rivalry with a lesser soap...just my opinion Smile but then again, i'm biased...

Stoney, please don't get snippy with me. I like you, but sometimes you are really trying my patience.

There most definitely IS a Y&R/GH rivalry - to which You yourself have contributed to A LOT. You have bashed GH all over the soap boards. And that's fine because I have done much of the same with Y&R. But don't come in here and say "there is no rivalry". That's just silly.

And, as I said in another post, yes, Y&R IS number one in the ratings, and are in a league of their own. But, as you very well know, there are much more to a soap's position and popularity than just the ratings. There are other factors. GH has been the most talked about and applauded soap since 2012.

Yoryla, I like you too Smile

However, I don't think I bash GH. In fact, if you go back and read my comments toward GH, I say I'm trying really hard to get into it. I don't understand the history and relationships of the show because I JUST started watching it within the past couple of months. That's what I said about GH. I wasn't getting snippy with you at all...I think I have a much more direct approach when I have something to say to someone.

Do I like GH? NO. Have I said that? Yes. Do I BASH GH? No. The difference between me and you are, you seemingly followed your favorite star to Y&R, loved the show the entire time she was on (when the show wasn't really that great), and then when she was let go, you started to bash it. ME, I didn't really follow anyone to GH. I was reading so much praise about the show on here from you and others, so I decided to check it out and was underwhelmed. I personally think its a bad show...but it's just MY opinion, and I don't force it on others. I know some people love the camp and outrageous antics, I'm just not really one of them. BUT through all of that, I keep my opinion to myself and continue to watch. I rarely even go to GH related posts because I won't really comment if I have nothing at all positive to say.

As for me bashing GH on "all the soap boards" that would be pretty difficult, especially since this is mainly the only soap board I'm on O_O

soapbaby's picture
Member since:
7 April 2011
Last activity:
8 hours 54 min

Not that stoney07 needs my support, but I've been reading stoney07 praise GH recently...and I'm a longtime viewer who has panned it for the past two months! Wink

Yoryla's picture
Member since:
26 May 2012
Last activity:
14 hours 13 min

stoney07 wrote:
Yoryla, I like you too Smile However, I don't think I bash GH. In fact, if you go back and read my comments toward GH, I say I'm trying really hard to get into it. I don't understand the history and relationships of the show because I JUST started watching it within the past couple of months. That's what I said about GH. I wasn't getting snippy with you at all...I think I have a much more direct approach when I have something to say to someone. Do I like GH? NO. Have I said that? Yes. Do I BASH GH? No. The difference between me and you are, you seemingly followed your favorite star to Y&R, loved the show the entire time she was on (when the show wasn't really that great), and then when she was let go, you started to bash it. ME, I didn't really follow anyone to GH. I was reading so much praise about the show on here from you and others, so I decided to check it out and was underwhelmed. I personally think its a bad show...but it's just MY opinion, and I don't force it on others. I know some people love the camp and outrageous antics, I'm just not really one of them. BUT through all of that, I keep my opinion to myself and continue to watch. I rarely even go to GH related posts because I won't really comment if I have nothing at all positive to say. As for me bashing GH on "all the soap boards" that would be pretty difficult, especially since this is mainly the only soap board I'm on O_O

Is it wrong if I say I saw the "I like you too" and I almost forgot everything this discussion was about? Laughing out loud Okay, thank you. And seriously, maybe I did spoke with SOME haste. I shouldn't have said "all over the boards" - what I really meant was this board and SOC.

In all accuracy, your assesment of my Y&R watching isn't exactly correct. I watched the show from 1994 to 2006 and again on 2008 to 2012, and actually long before GH. Y&R used to be my all-time favorite, can't miss for one day, soap. So I did have more history with the show then just from the summer of 2011 when GF came on board. It is just that her coming to Y&R electrified the show for me again, in a way that I hadn't been since LML took over in 2006. But, that is beside the point.

You wouldn't say that you bash, but I do? You have made some passive-aggresive remarks on GH on some YR related topics. But then again, so have I too, probably. I do understand your line of thinking in trying to stay out of threads you suspect you won't like. The thing that I have been trying to do is stay out of current Y&R storyline threads and not comment them at all, since I most likely won't have anything positive to say. But on comings and going I might comment on if I believe I can stay somewhat neutral.

And by the by, I'm not JUST praising GH - if you read "Perkie's Observations" or articles like "Kelly Sullivan suspects Connie may have a THIRD alter" you will definitely see some negative reactions from me. I'm not saying GH is ALL good - I just feel it is now in a very multi-inspirational and exciting point in time. And of course, who knows if that will change at some point in time. None of us know, which shape the show will ultimately have once all the celebration is over. I don't either. I do have confidence though.

Sorry if this rubbed you the wrong way, sometimes some things to have to be put out there. Smile

stoney07's picture
Member since:
18 August 2009
Last activity:
11 hours 3 min

It's all good Yoryla....but for the record, that SOC "Stoney07" isn't me. LOL. I've seen that person but I thought it was a woman...most of the posts talk about a "husband" and I'm clearly not married.

And your post didn't rub me the wrong way. I'm a pretty open dude, so telling me how you feel doesn't bother me. Even if you said you hated me, it would be cool. I get annoying, sometimes on purpose. It's all a part of my charm Laughing out loud haha

Yoryla's picture
Member since:
26 May 2012
Last activity:
14 hours 13 min

WHAT!!! I'm sorry Laughing out loud I always thought it was you!

How dear she? That's SO disturbing, she even sounds like you! Isn't that a little freaky? I mean, clearly this person is mimicking you. Omg.

I know you like to get annoying...I may regret saying this later on but that really is part of your charm...(why did I say that out loud! Laughing out loud)

stoney07's picture
Member since:
18 August 2009
Last activity:
11 hours 3 min

^^^I made a post on this site, and I was skimming through SOC and saw that she'd literally copied and pasted a couple of my comments over there. I don't know who it is, but whoever it is, they are a member of THIS site as well, or at least she frequents here a lot.

Member since:
5 September 2012
Last activity:
36 weeks 1 day

Why couldn't they have gone for an unknown?
These recycled daytime actors are horrible
Not nearly as bad as the recycled washed up soap writers but close.