Will Patrick and Sabrina FINALLY Hook Up at the General Hospital Nurses Ball?

It is the moment General Hospital fans have been waiting for; the ABC soap is finally celebrating its 50th Anniversary!

On April 2, GH will air the return of the beloved Nurses Ball. Tune in for must-see performances and to find out if Patrick (Jason Thompson) and Sabrina (Teresa Castillo) will finally get together. Watch the General Hospital promo after the jump!

Comments

I don't like Sabrina. But I'm not getting upset over this kiss, because I have a feeling it's not going to happen between these two. Sabrina will find another man. And for Patrick, Robin is the only woman.

The Sabrina story is contrived and a cliché. The premise has been plain as day from the beginning, which is what makes it so unappealing. We are "supposed" to root for Sabrina and find her charming. I don't like that kind of manipulative thinking. The audience can't be "ordered" to like something. This phenomenon can be seen very well on DAYS with the character of Daniel Jonas and the Dannifer pairing. No matter how much a show tells us what is "right", it's not going to work. People make up their own minds. And for me, this isn't organic. They should have just brought Sabrina on without the instant Patrick aspect. Tell more about HER and family, who she is and where she came from. What motivates her. Those kinds of things.

RE: The use of the hospital. Yes, it is right and great that it is used more, but the point is the show doesn't need and shouldn't need THESE particular character such a Sabrina, to do that. They already have established characters who could /should be involved with the hospital.

Actually, the actual Ball airs April 5, 8 & 9. Today, the 2nd is the anniversary episode.

soapbaby's picture
7 April 2011

What do we know of the character besides she has a crush on Patrick (her primary defining trait since day one) and that she is best friends with Emma? Sabrina has not been fleshed-out one bit in all of the time she has been frontburnered. so much time wasted on her whining about her crush versus learning anything about her or watching her mix it up with the canvas of characters. Her motivations for reviving the Nurses' Ball seemed to be to impress Patrick & Emma versus being altruistic. I would have liked Sabrina having expressed that the NB was important to her because she had an uncle who died from complications from AIDS and feels the cause is important.

Also, Patrick & Sabrina have no chemistry and there's been zero build-up between them. The attraction has been presented as one-sided on Sabrina's part with next to nothing presented from Patrick's end. Now, that Sabrina will receive a makeover Patrick will act on "feelings." It's cartoonish and stupid.

I don't see the hospital being made more viable under this headwriter. Under RC, Doctors Matt Hunter and Steve Webber were written out. The hospital staff is primarily being used to prop-up Sabrina and she lacks substance. Monica was used heavily the month of November but underutilized since.

logan_echolls's picture
3 August 2012

I love that....this grown tail woman best friend is a 6 year old! Liz and Felix always talk down to Sabrina because all she does is whine about Patrick. So Felix and Liz talk to her like she's a little kid. That's why her and Emma can have such great conversations.

Like Brit said, Sabrina wanted to do this whole Nurse's Ball to honor Robin so she could get closer to Patrick. This has NOTHING to do with Robin. It's only to get in Patrick's pants. Sabrina is just an manipulative as Brit, Carly, etc. She just hides it behind those Walmart glasses.

23 May 2012
3 days 51 min

Wow1 What a make-over. Sabrina looks beautiful. I think it was hard to take to the character of Sabrina because she was written like a 15 year old school girl and she is a grown woman. I think Ron C was trying to do an old-fashioned Cinderella story . But it was just too much Sabrina, all the time, and I think they were holding things off because of Patrick's deep love for Robin. I hope Jason T doesn't leave the show!!!! I haven't heard anything about that. He's a great actor and deserves a better story-line. I know they were holding off awhile with him because there were so many Robin/Patrick fans . But, they need to give him a story line and NOW! I still would like him better with Liz, but Becky has so much chemistry with everyone and I think they are going more to a Liz/AJ/Nicolas story. I like the friendship between Sabrina and Felix (my favorite new character). This Nurses Ball looks fantastic!!!

marknsprmo's picture
14 June 2009

I can see it now Nadia Bjorlin is now playing the role of Sabrina! lol... this story was done on Days over a decade before. Not to mention Superman has been taking his glasses off for about 65 years now.....
Other than that congrats for bringing back the nurses ball! It is a staple on soaps that should stay. Like breakfast at the Abbott's,and the reading of the Christmas story in Salem or a good cat fight between Dorian and Vickie.

2 April 2013

Please, no don't do it Patrick!!! Sorry but I can not stand Sabrina they just don't work. No matter how hard you try to push her down our throat's I will never like her and she is not the one for Patrick. Give it up

luverica's picture
16 March 2008

J Bernard, this reminds me. Are you still thinking of writing that book or essay on how some soap fans contribute to the recent decline of soap operas? Just asking. Wink

J Bernard Jones's picture
9 September 2008

luverica, let's just say it is a work in progress. Laughing out loud

GHvetfan's picture
26 October 2009

I wasn 't interested in Lost. Did I cause the end of that show? Cool!

16 June 2012

The_Moustache wrote:
how come everyone hates Sabrina??

Everybody doesn't hate Sabrina. There's just a very vocal group of GHaters on this board who've made it their life's work to nitpick and criticize everything about the show.

Most of the GH fans I know (the ones who DON'T visit soap websites) seem to like her.

logan_echolls's picture
3 August 2012

You know the majority of the over 2 million GH viewers FoxyMegan? So most of the GH fans who DON'T visit soap sites like Sabrina? And how do you know this since they don't post on soap sites? You know them all?

So people who watch GH have to love every single character on the show?

We don't have a right to say we don't like Sabrina?

So people don't have a right to opinions?

16 June 2012

logan_echolls wrote:

I didn't say I know the majority of the over 2 million GH viewers, or all the viewers who don't post on soap sites. I was speaking about the majority of viewers whom I do know personally.

logan_echolls wrote:
So people who watch GH have to love every single character on the show?

I didn't say that.

logan_echolls wrote:
We don't have a right to say we don't like Sabrina?

I didn't say that.

logan_echolls wrote:
So people don't have a right to opinions?

I didn't say that.

Panties in a bunch today, dear?

Evangeline Vega's picture
4 January 2011

tealita wrote:
Evangeline Vega wrote:
...Under Guza we probably would have seen Sabrina pimped to Sonny for her dark hair & brown eyes...

Unfortunately, there's a very remote possibility that Sabrina could still be linked to Sonny somehow, although the thought makes me shudder. Lily came up in Sonny's convo today, which I thought was odd, because we really didn't *need* a Lily mention just to re-intro Brenda. We know that Sabrina is Juan Santiago's cousin. Hopefully, they wouldn't retcon that relationship just to make Sabrina Sonny's daughter. I also hope that Pip's constant references to Sabrina as "Santiago.." aren't anvils.

Hopefully, the Lily mention was just a nod to history and no more.

I'm not saying that I've boarded the Sabrina bus just yet, but I think that the Milo-device is having it's intended consequence (on me at least) because he's such a doofus compared to Patrick. It's hard not to cheer for Patrick in this instance. How could he let that mo-mo Milo win? And, since they aren't giving me anyone else for Patrick at the moment, why not take one for the team? Smile

***************************

Sabrina's related to Juan who was Lily's son with Miguel so Lily is Sabrina's aunt. But as far as Milo vs. Patty, there is no Milo vs. Patty lol. He's just another diversion & angst until Patina kiss, a cute, clueless, buff diversion but a cute one nonetheless. I love that we get to see more of Milo & Max outside of the mob though.

Well your half on the Patina train since your a Patty fan! I think Patrick could have worse in a love interest. Smile

logan_echolls's picture
3 August 2012

My goodness FoxyMegan, that is so cool. You know the majority of the over 3 million GH fans! Wow.

You said the majority of GH viewers like Sabrina. So that HAS to mean you know a majority of 3 million fans personally. Since you personally know a majority of the Sabrina fans. You should start a Sabrina fan club. That is amazing.

6 April 2013
1 year 1 week

I LOVE Patrick and Sabrina even more than Patrick and Robin. Anyone saying that there is no chemistry between those two must not be watching too closely. She is the perfect substitute (upgrade) for Robin and I hope that they last for a long long time.

Cyberologist's picture
27 December 2007

I don't care who Patrick is with I liked his storyline with Robin however this story is just awful and the execution is dreadful; did he just have to have his first date/kiss with this woman at the event honoring his dead wife? This story has no heart no warm and fuzzy for me, couldn't it be an eppy afterwards where he sees the light?

Its about "story" with me and I just can't take being forcefed this character anymore, since fall 2012, its been the Sabrina show she's dominated the whole hospital side in story ... there are no other Doctors, nurses, staff stories other than them standing around talking about leading Patrick by the hand to Sabrina (that is when she's not on she leads in eppy counts much like Dante did when he first came on and I didn't like that either).

..here is Steven Lars flat on his back about to get married, Scott Reeves is leaving, but he can't get air with his fiancee Olivia without them reduced to Sabrina worshipping. Every character on this show spouts her sweetness and light. I don't respond to this kind of storytelling...sorry as it is, I can't stand her.

As for me being a GH hater that's bull vocal in my Sabrina hate? Damn right...! As for everybody liking her or as Patrick who has been reduced to Sabrina world and nothing else "everybody loves Sabrina;" I have no way of gauging something like that and neither does he.

ldylkng's picture
14 July 2009

Well I like her, but really would love to see her with Michael!! Even Carly couldn't complain about that!