HomeTVGeneral HospitalIs General Hospital’s Super Villainess Helena Cassadine Really Dead? Luke Kerr April 4, 2013 General Hospital 31 Comments General Hospital fans were shocked to see super villainess Helena Cassadine (Constance Towers) gunned down by Luke Spencer (Anthony Geary) this week on the soap. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen Helena “die”, which begs the question, Is Helena Cassadine really dead? Is General Hospital’s Super Villainess Helena Cassadine Really Dead? Absolutely! Helena's gone for good. (19%, 362 Votes) Not a chance! We will see Helena again. (81%, 1,591 Votes) Total Voters: 1,953Vote Loading ... 31 Responses Ryan-Scott April 4, 2013 I doubt it. Log in to Reply luverica April 4, 2013 YES, PLEASE!!! ENOUGH ALREADY! Log in to Reply soapjunkie88 April 4, 2013 I think it’s time for it to be the real deal. Constance Towers is amazing and I enjoyed her so much over the years. I even forgot that there ever was someone named Elizabeth Taylor who played the role. But then again, I think it’s time. Helena seems to have been featured in every possible scenario. The 50th anniversary of GH would be a good place to put this character to rest. Log in to Reply js3557 April 4, 2013 I think she is really dead, but they should have thrown some hot water on her face just to be sure it wasn’t a mask. Log in to Reply rapid_roman61 April 4, 2013 No way is Helena dead. We will probably find out later that the gun had blanks in it. If anyone knocks off Helena, it should be “Natasha”. Log in to Reply appleridge April 4, 2013 i feel that was the finale for Helena and after 32 years its way past time for it to be over. The curse is broken Log in to Reply Jon April 4, 2013 She is “dead” until the writers need her again. I want Alexis to slit her throat when it’s time for Helena to really “go”. Log in to Reply alstonboy4315 April 4, 2013 Helena Cassadine remains the only female villainess on this show who has TRULY entertained me since Faith Roscoe. I really hope that she will come back soon, she keeps things interesting. And I love Constance Towers!!! Log in to Reply gslam April 4, 2013 As much as I ADORE Helena and Constance Towers, I think Helena really being dead opens up MORE exciting storyline possibilities revolving around the Cassadine/Spencer feud. I have always loved storylines that revolve around the repercussions of the past – chickens coming home to roost, if you will. A perfect example was Liz’s rape storyline and Lucky having to find out that Luke raped Laura all those years ago. Now, if Helena is dead for good this time, that would mean Luke killed both Mikkos and Helena. I’m wondering what FV and RC have in store for Luke and Laura. I have a feeling the Cassadine/Spencer feud is FAR from over. Log in to Reply SoapArmageddon April 4, 2013 They might have to wheel Constance Towers out, but Helena will be there for the 60th anniversary. You can bet on it. Log in to Reply J Bernard Jones April 4, 2013 [video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVL9deDBaDE Log in to Reply TV Gord April 4, 2013 I was surprised the writers didn’t have Laura say she couldn’t kill Luke because…(whimper)…”he is the love of my life”. That would be a tidy piece of info for Luke to take back to Scotty. As much as I enjoy Towers’ performance, I think the 50th anniversary is the perfect time for Helena to die, once and for all. (She can always haunt the Spencers from time to time.) Log in to Reply DisillusionedGHfan April 4, 2013 I think Helena might pop up again briefly for one last magical swan song, but I think the Helena chapter is coming to a close. Her purpose was to wreak havoc on Luke and Laura, she’s tormented all their children and them. While Luke and Laura are together for this adventure, they are done as a couple anywhoo! I think we all know that, we all accept that. Besides, there are other Cassadines out there, somewhere. Log in to Reply Jamey Giddens April 4, 2013 DIE, Bad Granny, DIE! Log in to Reply doctormo77 April 4, 2013 It would be fitting if Helena has finally bitten the bullet. Helena can’t torment Port Chuck until she is 150. This is GH not Vampire Diaries. Besides, there are plenty of other Cassadines (such as Victor…Thaao needs a JOB, and Valentin) who could be super villains. Plus, it would be cool if Britt’s father was Victor. Log in to Reply Yoryla April 4, 2013 I don’t think so. This was way too easy of a way for Helena to die. The timing would have been approriate, yes, but the death of Helena Cassadine after a 30-year reign of terror cannot happen with a simple single gun-shot wound, in the middle of an episode. It just doesn’t have the oomph a death like this warrants. I’m thinking she had a bullet-proof vest on, with small blood bags in case someone shoots her. But, however it goes, I can still give a thank You to Constance Towers at this point. What an eloquent, gracious actress she is. :beer: Log in to Reply jaedahbee April 4, 2013 I believe they should resurrect Stavros, Stefan and MIKKOS! They should have Charles Keating (ex-Carl AW) play the role of Mikkos Log in to Reply Cornfed April 4, 2013 Having one of her sons return for vengeance(Roger Howarth seems the likely choice, tho not my favorite, i’d prefer Stephen Nichols/Stefan) seems on the horizon, tho i’d agree that her death seemed way too easy. Log in to Reply samIShot April 4, 2013 Could see roger howarth as a cassadine if he cant return as todd. Slick his hair, different clothes, five o clock shadow? Vslentin? Log in to Reply mfarris70 April 4, 2013 I think a Cassadine son will come back, maybe Roger Howarth as Valentin? I’m sure if and when the powers at GH change, some other writer will dig the old witch up for another go-round. Log in to Reply mfarris70 April 4, 2013 [quote=Jamey Giddens]DIE, Bad Granny, DIE![/quote] I tried that on my own bad granny and it didn’t work. Log in to Reply mfarris70 April 4, 2013 gslam: I was thinking the same thing. Carlivati loves to revisit the past and this would be the perfect set up for years of story to come. I’ve also been wondering if maybe Tony Geary is going to retire and this is all setting up Luke and Laura riding off into the sunset, the Wicked Witch vanquished. Log in to Reply Luke Kerr April 4, 2013 [quote=Jamey Giddens]DIE, Bad Granny, DIE![/quote] LOL Uh no. Log in to Reply luverica April 4, 2013 [quote=Luke Kerr][quote=Jamey Giddens]DIE, Bad Granny, DIE![/quote] LOL Uh no.[/quote] YES! YES! YES! LOL! Log in to Reply SoapyBitch April 5, 2013 Jesus H. That is one throw off a cliff. All I know is that Constance Towers is the original Dr. Kimberly Shaw, so she can never die: http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/495707/Naked-Kiss-The-Movie-Clip-You-Parasite-.html I know it’s a cliched story, but I would love to see a down and out Helena. Let her lose her fortune and have to live among the plebes, in a room above Kelly’s. She’ll go back to her granny with a gun ways in the end. I basically just want to see Constance do more than wear a shiny top and skirt, wave a gun, and spit some insults. Although she does that well. Log in to Reply acespencer April 5, 2013 I think whatever way it goes will prove to be good soapy fun. I shall say that I am horribly disappointed in the epic fail of a reveal of whom was under the mask. It should have been a much alive Emily! I can get that Alan is dead but feel that was a wasted opportunity too. We could have seen Dr. O in the facility and see her walk into a room and Alan laying there tied up. That could have been amazing. Helena could have been behind it and then at the least in a recurring role we could have had both of them back. Epic fail to write the wrong that Pehlps created! Y and R lovers just wait she shall do the same to the characters on that show too. Just wait! Log in to Reply logan_echolls April 5, 2013 Along with the other comments, if Helena can come back from being pushed off a cliff, that heifer ain’t dead Log in to Reply stefanstavros April 5, 2013 Nicholas literally PUSHED HER OFF A CLIFF before! If she could come back from that, then why not now? LOL I personally want her to be alive cause I adore her. BUT I MIGHT be able to go with her death ONLY if it means a raging vengeful comeback from Stefan and/or Stavros! Of course they have to be played by SN and RKK…. Log in to Reply liason4real April 5, 2013 Yes! RC finally killed off OLTL’s villain Mitch Lawrence, so it was only fitting that 900 year old Helena bite the dust. Log in to Reply Daniel St. John April 5, 2013 As much as I enjoy Helena’s hi jinks and the gleeful way Constance Towers plays her, I seriously hope she is really dead. I mean 80something year old meemaws barely recover from slip and falls in the bath tub…how the hell are we supposed to buy someone of her advanced age recovering from a close range gunshot wound to the chest? Log in to Reply EricasEvilTwin April 5, 2013 I agree that were Helena truly dead it would come at the conclusion of a storyline. I don’t think Cartini would shy away from killing her, just that they wouldn’t do so in such a mundane fashion. Im thinking that Helena either knew nik was shot and thought he/she was behind the nik thing or thought that he/she was behind all of it. I m thinking she staged her “death” to smoke out Stefan or tony or whoever it is so that they show themselves. Helena could well die at the end of THAT storyline, but I don’t see her getting shot as some sort of side note plot point Log in to Reply Leave a Reply Cancel Reply You must be logged in to post a comment.