General Hospital: Perkie's Observations

comments

Duke surprises an overworked Anna with dinner.  She updates him on Lulu's current condition, and mentions being in a similar situation. She understands what Lulu's going through. The two discuss the fun they had at the Nurse’s Ball, and Duke blurts out he wants to build a future with her.  Anna still has concerns about her job as a police officer, and Duke's penchant for the wrong side of the law.  Before heading to the bedroom together, she warns Duke she’ll come after him if she catches him breaking the law.

Ellie apologizes to Maxie, who’s not interested in her apologies.  Maxie accuses Ellie of making something out of nothing, but Ellie insists she knows what she heard about the baby. Maxie is adamant she and Britt were talking about Britt’s baby, but Ellie doesn’t believe her.  Maxie tells her to mind her own business.

Johnny calls Carly collect, but she refuses to accept the call.   Sabrina and Felix arrive for her date with Patrick.   Felix wants Carly to give Sabrina some pointers.  Carly and Sabrina talk about how much she likes Patrick, but she doesn’t want to blow it.  Carly says she’s the last person to give relationship advice, but then tells Sabrina to be honest and keep things in perspective.  Carly goes off to get Patrick and Sabrina a bottle of champagne.

Britt tells Patrick she can’t go to the appointment by herself. Since she has no one else, she asks if he’ll go with her.  Patrick agrees, and mentions je has to cancel his date with Sabrina.

Connie, tired of waiting for Maxie to show up for her first day of work, has hired a new assistant, who turns out to be rather incompetent.  Johnny calls Connie, and tells her that he needs to tell her something important in person.

Maxie arrives at Crimson, several hours late, and is upset to see someone else doing her job.  Connie points out Maxie didn’t show up or bother to call.  Maxie explains about Lulu's disappearance, and begs to be given her job back.  Connie agrees to take Maxie back, and heads out to see Johnny.  Maxie’s excited when she feels the baby move for the first time.

Ellie id trying to find a way to get back into Maxie's medical files, when Spinelli calls her with an update on his search for Lauren Frank.  Ellie lies to Spin, and tells him she’s been locked out of the computer and needs his help to get back in.  Spin shows her how to get in, and Ellie downloads Maxie’s file to a jump drive.

Felix arrives the Drake house to baby-sit for Patrick, and is angry to see Britt there. Patrick calls Sabrina to cancel the date, and explains he’s going with Britt to the appointment.

Sabrina tells Carly that Patrick cancelled, so Carly sits and drinks the champagne. She toasts to Jason, and knows he’d be proud of her for not answering Johnny’s call.

Britt and Patrick wait at the clinic for the doctor.

Connie pays Johnny a visit, and wonders why he called her.  Johnny says someone’s life depends on it.

Comments

8 June 2012

So Carly tells Sabrina that the minute you find yourself lying to your SO, the relationship is doomed. Then they show Ellie lying to Spinelli about why she needs to get into the hospital computer. Hmmm, subtle.

When did Maxie decide to start dressing like Helena Cassadine? Smile

nysam's picture
28 October 2008

zzzzzzz. Wake me for the Nurse's Ball 2014. GH has really dropped the "ball" over the past couple of weeks. With all the viewers who tuned in to see the vets the storylines that have been playing out over the past couple weeks aren't going to keep the eyeballs coming back.

The_Moustache's picture
17 June 2009

Britt looks like she's ready to pop, what doctor is going to give her an abortion this late??

DanielAvery wrote:
When did Maxie decide to start dressing like Helena Cassadine? Smile

LMFAO...best line I read in days! Beer Beer Beer Big smile Big smile

The_Moustache's picture
17 June 2009

Maxie's clothing has become very mature & granny looking lately.

liason4real's picture
10 May 2008

The_Moustache wrote:
Maxie's clothing has become very mature & granny looking lately.

=====

LMAO. I bet Maxie is wearing "granny" panties to go with that suit and pearls.

Felix needs a life that does not revolve around Sabrina, Britt, Emma or Patrick. He needs his own hot stud muffin.

Why is Konnie still walking around and not in jail for killing Trey, kidnapping Johnny and paralyzing Ellie?

I see Ellie is going to go all BSC over losing Spinelli once she finds out that Maxie is having the hacker's baby. SpinEllie started out really cute and now the duo will be road kill.

tealita's picture
20 March 2011

I'm not Team-Sabrina by any stretch of the imagination, but Carly just had to get her digs in about Patrick.

Maxie's usual maternity-wear does look a little fresher and younger than what she had on today, but at least she doesn't run around looking like Kim Kardashian. I'm generally not a prude, but there's something to be said for demure maternity-wear.

When the truth comes out about who Maxie's baby-daddy really is, she's gonna wish she hadn't pushed so far. Oh well. Wink

Marcelle's picture
23 November 2010

The_Moustache wrote:

Exactly! It's so ridiculous.

The_Moustache's picture
17 June 2009

what happened to the storyline of Felix turning Milo gay??

J Bernard Jones's picture
9 September 2008

I think the point of Maxie dressing in the style she had the last couple of episodes was 1) to wear clothes to hide her belly (this is till Maxie, after all) and 2) to overcompensate for "Kate"/Connie at Crimson.

"Britt" is showing early. Many women in real life do. In New York state, any abortion is legal upon request up to 24 weeks, at which time exceptions are made for the life of the mother.

21 June 2012

When did Maxie decide to start dressing like Helena Cassadine? :)[/quote]

I know, right! For two days, I've been all WTH is that girl wearing!

NathanHastingsSr.'s picture
10 August 2010

Get rid of Sabrina plz!!!

tealita's picture
20 March 2011

J Bernard Jones wrote:

Yes, but I think most viewers will still gauge what Britt can and cannot legally do about her pregnancy based on their personal views, abortion laws in their respective states, and that the average cut off for abortion is about 12-14--except of course, in those states with extremely restricted abortion laws.

Interestingly, I haven't seen the amount of bickering about Britt's pregnancy that I expected to see; at least in my travels. Yeah, I've see it scattered, and in isolated pockets, but not to a great extent. IMHO, Britt's unusually large baby-bump is intentional. From my observation, a majority of online viewers have concluded that Britt is likely too far along to have an abortion--which is OK because Patrick's already conflicted reaction is interesting.

I would be very surprised if Britt went ahead with it. ...And (outside of the games she's playing) I'm not judging her.

Edited

logan_echolls's picture
3 August 2012

Okay

First: Who is Felix to walk into someone else's house and ask "What is she doing here'

Second: Who the freak is Ellie to be getting an attitude with Maxie when Ellie is the one in Maxie's business?!?!

Ellie is getting on my last nerve. I loved the smack down Britt gave her the other day. It is so true. Ellie doesn't care about Lante's baby, she knows Maxie and Spinelli had sex so she's kind of worried it could be his baby. I could not believe Ellie had the nerve to roll her neck and wave her hands around with an attitude over something that's not her business. Who is she to demand that Maxie tell her what Maxie's private conversations were about?

Anna and Duke were cute. I'm starting to believe rumors that RH will come to GH as a Jermone along with Maura West. When Anna was talking about them being on opposite sides of the law and that she'll have to take him down, that was foreshadowing.

Sabrina...FF material. I see nothing likable about her. Even when she's talking she's whining!

GHFan777's picture
3 June 2010

I wish they would put the glasses back on Sabrina. In her "before" persona she was at least likable...now she is just boring. She went from an engaging and tentatively sweet klutz,...to this composed mature boring person. I don't see her and Patrick together at all. I would rather see him with Britt, at least we get some kind of emotion out of him with her. They seem to match up better. I still have no interest in this story whatsoever though.

I agree with the posters on Maxie's outfit...I do have full faith in KS though...I know she will start dressing in cute maternity outfits. She usually looks adorable.

Actually I thought this whole episode was pretty boring. I am a big Anna fan, and even her romantic dinner scenes with Duke were lacking. The chemistry that I see between these two now is nothing like it was back in the 80's. It seems more like old friends (which they are in real life), rather than romantic.

LongLivePortChuck's picture
13 April 2013

GHFan777 wrote:

I totally agree! I fast forward her scenes now cause I just can't deal. The character was much more tolerable when she was ugligfied.

Every time I see Maxie in that get-up I think "here comes the mother of the bride". It is awful! Thing is... the clothes overall have been terrible lately. Everything looks very cheap. Who on earth would wear that pink dress Sabrina had on for her first official date with Patrick? The other day I mentioned that horrible shirt that Laura keeps wearing over and over. Burn it already! I think they're getting a lot of the clothes at some "last call" store.

Perkie's picture
24 October 2007

Re; the baby bumps

Maxie: I think hers is realistic. She conceived on NY Eve, which puts her at about 16 weeks, and to me, her belly looks right. The reason we're all surprised is because they finally gave her the bump after weeks of nothing.

Britt on the other hand, looks way bigger than MAxie. Shower sex happened on January 10th, real time, which puts her almost two weeks later than Maxie yet she looks two months further. Now, it's possible that even though the date was Jan 10th, that PC time, it was earlier. NY Eve with Trey and Ellie's accident lasted a long time, so it's possible that shower sex was actually the morning after which puts her on the same pace as Maxie.

Having said that, I do think it's more one of the following:

1) the props department has no idea how big a 14-16 week belly should be

2- tptb need to remind us forgetful people that Britt is pregnant, therefore the giant pillow.

3- Britt is further along than she claims to be. If she did implant herself with a Lante embryo then when she found out she was pregnant, she had to seduce Patrick in order to pass it off as his. So then she surprises him in the shower, where he wouldn't have protection ready, and voila, preggers. That would put her about 4 weeks further, making her closer to 20 weeks, so the baby bump would be about the right size.

Or I'm put more thought into this than is necessary!!!

katehhoward's picture
11 January 2012

I am falling in love with this new Connie. The hair was okay the dress was more upscale. She looks more like an editor now. I hope they continue to bring a more fashion forward editor instead of a cheap looking wanna be.

I loved Ellie rolling her eyes and snapping her fingers at Maxi, it was so funny. Ellie is being manipulative and those are the proper traits of a Quartermaine and a Frank. I WANT ELLIE TO BE THE HEIR!!! Spin and Ellie will end but with Ellie struggling with her new identity being a Q I think she will have more to deal with. I hope that Morgan would be a new love interest for her or even Dante or Milo.

Sabrina looks so pretty and I love the new Sabrina. I love Felix protecting her relationship with Patrick. When Felix and Britt go on the attack its gold. I love how she can give back to him hard. Two bitches duking it out. Patrick is too gullible. I actually want to see Patrick end up with Britt but it would not work out since Emma hates Britt. Sabrina is just too good. It may turn out that Sabrina is not all that pure if she ends up being the Q heir. But I still want it to be Ellie. I rather see Sabrina with Dante (Sonny/Lily).

Good seeing Johnny in jail that's like the only thing that happened and stuck. Carly needs a new man in her life. I like Carly and AJ they have amazing chemistry just like Niz, CarAj (Pronounced Carrage) would be a good pairing.

readerofbooks's picture
7 July 2012

Perkie
I love your idea #3 about Britt's baby bump. It makes perfect sense that she would try to seduce Patrick in the shower to cover her already being pregnant. He wouldn't have protection ready & it would be a perfect set up. You're not putting too much thought into this!

eightiesaddict7110's picture
13 March 2012

I sure am so tired of all the negative Sabrina comments. I actually like the characted and the actress. For once, we have a female lead who is not sneaky, manipulative, or a "bad" girl. I also love the friendship between Sabrina, Felix, and Liz.

As for Ellie, I am glad she is nosing into Maxie's lies and deception. I agree she is using the wrong methods, but Maxie needs someone to uncover her scheme. I like Maxie, but I am tired of seeing her carry on and get away with everything. I cannot wait for Ellie to put the screws to Maxie.

Love Anna and Duke. Finally!

30 May 2009

DanielAvery wrote:
When did Maxie decide to start dressing like Helena Cassadine? Smile

LOL!

alstonboy4315's picture
12 February 2010

A part of me cringes every time I see a picture of Betty Suarez 2.0...........Cartini's "pet project"..........

8 June 2012

Given the differences in 'baby bumps' I'm starting to nurse a theory that Britt isn't really pregnant at all. Given how Britt has exhibited no love for children, and in fact exhibited grossly inappropriate behavior toward Emma, You would THINK Britt would have been freaking out at the thought of being pregnant from the minute she found out. But she is not exhibiting ANY sort of emotion over something that is a life-changing proposition. If she were really having a baby, she would not be so matter-of-fact and un-emotional. You may recall that Britt fell and broke her leg shortly after her first run-in with Frisco. They never really spelled out whether it was an accident (as Britt claimed) or if Frisco somehow engineered her getting hurt in order to warn her away from Maxie (as they suggested from her later interaction with Maxie and Frisco). Such a fall, whatever it was, could have caused a miscarriage, and being on staff at the hospital where you went when you fell would mean the rumor mill would spit out the pregnancy of one doctor dating another.

I'm beginning to think perhaps Britt and her mom hatched this whole idea that the ONS made her pregnant, and the inappropriate size of her baby bump is a sign that it isn't genuine. At some point they will reveal the pillow, then reveal her real plans later still. Perhaps she will take a cue from Y&R's Sheila Carter and snatch Maxie's baby to claim as her own, or maybe conveniently leave town, then return having given birth. But given Britt's non-maternal personality, I think she'll do whatever she has to in order to avoid being saddled with a kid, so maybe she will fake a miscarriage after having gotten Patrick closer to her again.

pjc722's picture
6 February 2012

DanielAvery, I totally agree. I called that out the night that Britt said she was pregnant and guessed it could be fake. I figured it would be another baby switching story that will somehow involve Ellie (at the time I said she'd be killed but now believe she will help orchestrate the switch when it happens.)

For the life of me I am not sure why CARTOONY created 2 characters with sooooo little connection to the show and made them such big players. With Sabrina, it's as if she is getting ready for the prom ALL the time the way Felix and others talk to her about her sick little obsession with Patrick YET she has no siblings or parents or any extension of her family within Port CHarles.

Britt is the same way no matter how many times we mention Faison. The character doesn't even have a friend!!

26 June 2010

Sabrina is a COMPLETE SNORE!!!!! Felix is a much more interesting character (See "Bring Back Lucas Spencer Jones").

22 October 2010

I love love love love Felix. He is the most refreshing character in a very long time. I hope he gets his guy.

liason4real's picture
10 May 2008

I sort of doubt the deliciously dancing Dr. O! would have given "Britta" a glass of milk if the woman was not pregnant. Britta stated that she did not want to end up like her mother, with a baby (Britta) and the father (Faison) obsessed with another woman (Anna).

Now, I would not be surprised if Britta used Dante's sperm and had herself implanted with his child, since Maxie plans on giving the couple her baby with Spinelli.

NathanHastingsSr.'s picture
10 August 2010

I smell a baby switch...

15 October 2009

Brit is most definitely bigger than Maxie........perhaps we'll find out she was already pregnant prior to shower sex with Patrick??

Ah......now I just read "I smell a baby switch"............but of course! lol

GHFan777's picture
3 June 2010

I don't know...if Britt isn't pregnant, or if it isn't Patrick's baby, she is pretty calm and collected on these points. She hasn't appeared nervous about being found out on either issue. I know that Patrick hasn't asked for a paternity test yet, but there has been no foreshadowing of Britt fixing things to give her the results she would need.