Did The Bold and the Beautiful "Throw a Lot of Money" at Jacqueline MacInnes Wood to Stay on Contract?






The backstage casting drama at CBS Daytime's The Bold and the Beautiful keeps getting juicier by the minute. A report in the May 27 issue of Soap Opera Digest claims Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy) was offered "a lot of money" to stay with the sudser. That's something you rarely hear about anymore, given these times of extreme budget crunching for soaps! Here's an excerpt:

"They threw a lot of money at her to get her to stay," relayes one setside source. "But she just thought it was the right time to go."

The article goes on to say Wood, who appeared in The CW's hit drama Arrow, reportedly missed out on other opportunities, due to her pact with the half-hour, daily sudser. Reps for B&B have stated Wood is only taking a break from the role of Steffy. There have also been conflicting reports about the status of Wood's onscreen mother Hunter Tylo (Taylor) at B&B.

 


Comments

Sweet_Thing2's picture
Member since:
16 May 2013
Last activity:
46 weeks 6 days

I don't believe any of this. I think they took her off contract because she is so unpopular. I hate her guts.

days4ever's picture
Member since:
14 January 2008
Last activity:
6 weeks 2 days

Just recast the character and move on. There are plenty of other actresses with dark hair who are just as pretty (and probably better actors).

Sweet_Thing2's picture
Member since:
16 May 2013
Last activity:
46 weeks 6 days

days4ever wrote:
Just recast the character and move on. There are plenty of other actresses with dark hair who are just as pretty (and probably better actors).

That's for sure.

angrierblackerman's picture
Member since:
8 September 2009
Last activity:
8 hours 53 min

Wow, they must really like her! The should give Nadia Bjorlin (Ex-Chloe DAYS) a call if they need a good Steffi recast. Nothing against Jacqui Mack, but if she needs to go, I think Steffi is still needed.

RECAST!

stoney07's picture
Member since:
18 August 2009
Last activity:
2 hours 4 min

Sweet_Thing2 wrote:
I don't believe any of this. I think they took her off contract because she is so unpopular. I hate her guts.

You definitely have a way with words....lol

Yoryla's picture
Member since:
26 May 2012
Last activity:
7 hours 11 min

Sweet_thing - LOL? Are you serious?

I don't like Steffy, and frankly I have felt JMW is way overrated - but unpopular is one thing she is not. She is one of the fastest-gaining actress in terms of popularity on this soap.

Member since:
25 February 2009
Last activity:
5 days 2 hours

From Sweet_Thing2:

I don't believe any of this. I think they took her off contract because she is so unpopular. I hate her guts.

Haha! I would hate to see what you would post if you ever changed your screen name from Sweet Thing to Mean Thing!

pferrando's picture
Member since:
28 June 2012
Last activity:
7 hours 11 min

Oh lordy. Some people sure have a way with words on here.

Well as a newcomer to the B and B scene, I can see that she'll be missed.

I didn't have to put up with the "triangle from hell" that everyone talks about but that was a very popular storyline and it seemed to drive the shows ratings.

She obviously has a lot of fans...just like Hope.

alexia2012's picture
Member since:
21 February 2012
Last activity:
47 weeks 3 days

She did great for leaving, B&B is the worst soap at the moment and Jacqui is way too talented to stuck in there!!

Member since:
12 July 2008
Last activity:
17 weeks 17 hours

I think Brad offered her a lot of money, apparently she, clifton and matula are rating gainers for some odd reason. She should go, take another pair of breast implants and try it in the adult industry, then I would probably by her movies.

I think its pretty arrogant and misplaced if she thinks she gets a better job somewhere else.

Member since:
15 January 2009
Last activity:
2 weeks 2 days

I have noticed this soap and Y & R love to keep actors that can't act their way out of a wet paper bag. I would not miss her or Hunter one bit. Anyone could replace both of them.

Member since:
6 June 2010
Last activity:
3 weeks 5 days

The comments in this post aside JMW is extremely popular so I'm not surprised she was offered a lot of money to stay. I just hope she really isn't leaving for good. She's already had success in movies, primetime, and now a Lifetime movie so I'm sure she'll do great if/when she leaves. Her chemistry first with DD and now with SC is off the charts so I don't think that would be easily replaced with a recast. Hopefully this just is a short break and the same goes for Hunter Tylo too. They both are an integral part of B&B.

Member since:
13 August 2012
Last activity:
17 min 41 sec

Hunter Tylo looks very pretty in this photo.

Member since:
13 August 2012
Last activity:
17 min 41 sec

Hunter Tylo looks very pretty in this photo.

The_Moustache's picture
Member since:
17 June 2009
Last activity:
3 days 10 hours

JMW should try her luck on The CW.

NathanHastingsSr.'s picture
Member since:
10 August 2010
Last activity:
4 hours 29 min

Bye! Recast her with a name actress from one of the cancelled soaps like Mandy Bruno.

Member since:
10 January 2012
Last activity:
47 weeks 4 days

I'll desist from whomping on Sweet_Thing's imagings and merely say that when a tv half hour show offers a tv star MORE MONEY than anyone else is getting (including KKL) to STAY ON THE SHOW it means that the powers that be knew they needed JMW for heft as she propped so many of the other storylines. Without her they've got sand running through their fingers and without Hunto Tyler there's nothing in their hand as well. They still got one person left and that's HTom who I hope, sincerely, with all my heart, leaves the titanic now known as B&B instead of listening to others who are saying "oh, its just fine, please just listen to the music play" as the boat is SINKING and there's no help for it. Not the new guy they brought on from DOOL who last played in a soap 2010 with the receding hairline for Hope's character - in another triangle. Which begs the question - anyone think Clifton is going to hang around without JMW to play a triangle w/new guy and Kim Matula's Hope character? Its been 3 years. He's probably done.

SINKING. TO THE LIFE BOATS - HTOM AND SC now!

Member since:
13 August 2012
Last activity:
17 min 41 sec

Agree Amy.

Sweet_Thing2's picture
Member since:
16 May 2013
Last activity:
46 weeks 6 days

I just know that they cut this gal because nobody likes her.

shirls429's picture
Member since:
13 April 2010
Last activity:
3 hours 2 min

Love I love JMW she is talented and beautiful so stop people being so hateful!!

Member since:
13 August 2012
Last activity:
17 min 41 sec

The Truth, hopping around? I am confused.

EZBaby's picture
Member since:
21 February 2012
Last activity:
10 weeks 6 days

I have to laugh (with a huge amount of sarcasm) at post saying JMW is not popular she is LOVED as Steffy WORLDWIDE! From here to South Africa,Israel,France and everywhere else. I do believe they tossed money her way to ensure JMW stayed with the soap because Bell knows how valuable this talented actress is to his show. She has been nominated for a Daytime Emmy for 2 years in a row and was barely on the show 5 years. She's got outside work in primetime steadily. She's worth that money and more to stay if she wants to, but I think she'll move on and I can't blame her. Good luck to all those who stay around to watch the ship sink because B&B is going to be horrible w/o her AND HunterT on it.KKL and KM can't carry this show and you should already know this.

EZBaby's picture
Member since:
21 February 2012
Last activity:
10 weeks 6 days

Sweet_Thing2 wrote:
I don't believe any of this. I think they took her off contract because she is so unpopular. I hate her guts.

She's unpopular with who? YOU? You've got the right to your opinion but FYI: JMW is actually insanely popular on the show with B&B viewers.She's the whole reason many fans bother to watch,Bell knows this.That's why he's crawling thru hoops to get her to re-sign with the show.He wouldn't do that if she was so 'unpopular' as you say.

EZBaby's picture
Member since:
21 February 2012
Last activity:
10 weeks 6 days

Love this post ITA Amy Smile

House of Plantagenet's picture
Member since:
19 March 2013
Last activity:
2 weeks 6 days

So without Hunter and Jackie, who are we left with. The aging 50 year old blond with the crow eyes who thinks she is hot, but is past her prime.

Yoryla's picture
Member since:
26 May 2012
Last activity:
7 hours 11 min

^^ House, that pretty much sums it up Laughing out loud

Sweet_Thing2's picture
Member since:
16 May 2013
Last activity:
46 weeks 6 days

EZBaby wrote:
Sweet_Thing2 wrote:
I don't believe any of this. I think they took her off contract because she is so unpopular. I hate her guts.

She's unpopular with who? YOU? You've got the right to your opinion but FYI: JMW is actually insanely popular on the show with B&B viewers.She's the whole reason many fans bother to watch,Bell knows this.That's why he's crawling thru hoops to get her to re-sign with the show.He wouldn't do that if she was so 'unpopular' as you say.

Nobody offered her anything. They cut her and Tylo because ratings are down with her JMW. Nobody likes her except people who are paid to spin positive garbage on the internet about her. It's like B&B being the number 2 soap. Ain't no way. Only in the inaccurate Nielsen system but never in real life.

Member since:
12 July 2008
Last activity:
17 weeks 17 hours

Ofcours JMW is populair. She and KM are probably the rating gainers from this moment. Long time viewers like me hated the triangle, but apparently it gained a lot of new viewers who would like to see more about those three idiots. The actress herself is overrated. JMW is not a scene killer, she is an average girl with talent and a good plastic surgeon, but not more then that. Recast is probably the best option Bell has got, allthough without her mom and dad on the show, you could wonder if he even needs to go there.

Just like JMW, KM and before JF as bridget, there is enough talent that is beautiful and knows how to act. But I know Brad wants to play safe and he needs JMW. He doesnt need HT, the show wont miss her, some fanbase will, but that wont affect the ratings. But JMW could indeed affect the ratings...

Silo's picture
Member since:
17 May 2012
Last activity:
38 weeks 4 days

Taylor is blond?

JMW is ok, but she isn't irreplaceable. Lots of great actresses are out there, looking for a job. Kim Matula is by far a better actress.

As for Taylor, she hasn't had a SL in YEARS and the show has done very well without her. This time kill her off FOR GOOD!!!

This isn't the end of B&B. It's the perfect time to bring back Thorne and his daughter. Where is Felicia. Kristen?

Good luck to JMW.

Member since:
21 January 2013
Last activity:
14 hours 36 min

booze26 wrote:
I think Brad offered her a lot of money, apparently she, clifton and matula are rating gainers for some odd reason. She should go, take another pair of breast implants and try it in the adult industry, then I would probably by her movies.

I think its pretty arrogant and misplaced if she thinks she gets a better job somewhere else.

She's been in other projects so I don't think arrogance is a factor. Perhaps her character on Arrow isn't really dead after all. I have no doubt she will show up somewhere else. She's been playing this role for years and like most actors, she probably wants a change. I say best of luck to her.