Jaw Dropping Secrets Come Out on General Hospital (PROMO)

Elizabeth (Rebecca Herbst) confronts AJ (Sean Kanan) about cheating on her. Sonny (Maurice Benard) tells Olivia (Lisa LoCicero) details about her shooting. Meanwhile, based on SOAPnet's promo it looks like General Hospital fans wanting more Sonny will get their wish this summer. Watch two General Hospital promos after the jump!

Comments

liason4real's picture
10 May 2008

Meh. I could care less that Liz knows about AJ banging Carly. Quiz started out great and ended with stalker Nik coming back to town.

17 July 2009
6 days 15 min

Elizabeth, I love you hon, but AJ did NOT cheat on you. You were not a couple. And you'd just told him that you wanted nothing to do with him. He had no idea when Nik answered your phone that you had just decided to give him another chance. So AJ could sleep with whomever he pleased at that moment. All of this to make AJ the bad guy in the relationship is on my nerves.

TV Gord's picture
18 February 2009

Does anyone else think Sonny is talking to Franco when he warns that person not to go after him or his family?

None of the stuff depicted matters to me a whole lot, but I am glad to see the story continues to move forward. I like the faster pace of storylines (as opposed to, say, taking weeks for many people to find out Kiki is Lauren).

luverica's picture
16 March 2008

Oh please! I was doing just fine with his Guzaless appearances. I really hope Ron doesn't write Anna the same way Guza wrote Mac in regards to Sonny's mob bullcrap. Plus, I really would love to see Franco make Sonny and Carly's life hell for a little bit.

stefanstavros's picture
26 September 2010

All I want this summer is Anna & Duke vs Ava & the Jeromes!

luverica's picture
16 March 2008

Angie Lucy, I agree. I actually thought the AJ/Carly hate sex scene moment was genius. I love Elizabeth but she needs to get over herself. Nicholas really isn't that much better than AJ but hell, if Elizabeth wants to act up, then I'm okay with a AJ/Carly genuine paring.

Well, it's a sad day when you are more excited about a full-on Sonny promo, than anything with these new "characters".

I'll honestly watch Sonny & Carly's smug faces all day long instead of Frodd and Silas.

5 May 2011

I agree. Liz dear, it's not cheating when you're not a couple. Ugh, that whole thing drove me nuts on Friends with Rachel and Ross. They were on a break, he could do what he wanted. Maybe if Connie puts the moves on Sonny, we could have Olivia and AJ. I think she'd be good for him. Nothing like the lovin' of an Italian woman.

for the first time in a long time, I rolled my eyes. I was so hoping we were over the mob. I have the feeling it's not Franco but the Jeromes, probably triggered by the whole gambling thing that Morgan didn't learn from.

Mel_O's picture
26 May 2011

All I can say is bring on Niz!

TV Gord's picture
18 February 2009

I'm not convinced this is going to be a "mob" summer. Sonny is talking about threats to his family, not his business. I've enjoyed the dearth of Sonny this past year, but just because he's in a storyline, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a mob storyline.

logan_echolls's picture
3 August 2012

I think its been so long since Niz/Liz/Quiz has been on screen, Ron forgot that AJ didn't cheat on Liz, he just lied after Liz told him the truth about Nik. Sometimes writers forget what they write.

Anyhoo, I hope Carly gets some of Liz's wrath also, pretty pls.

Then bring on Niz. I just hope they don't resurrect 104 yr old mummy Helena to torture Niz.

The_Moustache's picture
17 June 2009

Franco is an awful character and no amount Todd-ian/Todd-ism quips and "rape tapes" can save him.

Daniel St. John's picture
7 July 2009

AJ didn't cheat on Liz; hell he didn't even really lie to her about sleeping with Carly since she never bothered to ask him if he did anything with anyone during their break-up.
Sure she told him about kissing Prince Jackass but AJ was under no ibligation to share the intimate details of his tete-a-tete with Carly.
Honestly I am so past caring about Liz and AJ as a couple since the writing for them has been so lackluster that I want it to end. I do think it would be nice if the two of them stayed friends though. AJ has no friends and if you look at the canvas as it is currently made up neither does Liz.
Bring on AJ and Ava.

pjc722's picture
6 February 2012

SOOOO stoked that the promos did not have ONE BIT OF FRANCO... even in the background!!!

Now, if the show could just move on from INSTA-couples like AJ and Liz or Patrick and BOREbrina, I will be happy.

Pair them up but let's see a fun date so that 6 months from now when one or the other is struck by a car, a stray bullet, an open elevator shaft, a tidal wave and they are lying dying with the other holding their heads we can see their "epic" love story in flashbacks. Of course they will survive cause we will need to see the flashbacks more!

Build the story.

If they stick to the promos and Sonny ... anyone is central to the story... then I am there!

mfarris70's picture
21 December 2012

I don't think Ron and his writers forget what they write. In my opinion, the issue with AJ and Liz is that she told him specifically not to keep secrets from her because she's had it up to here with lying men. Add to it her strenuous history with Carly and you've got a major issue. Its not "cheating" but AJ feels like it was wrong and it's definitely a lie of omission.

TV Gord's picture
18 February 2009

That's an excellent point, mfarris70. You changed my mind in this debate.

jpp1975's picture
30 November 2007
1 week 1 day

I would like an AJ/Liz friendship too, since it seems that Quiz isn't gonna happen, and a good platonic relationship is better than nothing. I HATED Niz the first time, but under the new regime I'm liking it a lot better. (Probably because these writers don't seem to hate everything Elizabeth.)

DevinMissesOLTL's picture
16 February 2012

Angie Lucy wrote:

I 2nd it! Couldn't have said it better.

17 July 2009
6 days 15 min

mfarris70 wrote:

AJ feels like the sex was wrong because (a) it was CARLY of all people and (b) he found out that Elizabeth wanted to give him another chance. His mistake is not coming clean when he could have, thereby making this snowball into a much bigger problem. If that's what Elizabeth wants to yell at him for, that's fine. But in the promo she specifically asked "Why did you cheat on me?" So yeah, it looks like RC is having convenient amnesia.

It's similar to all the times Sam complained that Jason cheated on her with Elizabeth. Sam and Jason had broken up (his choice, not hers), she was sleeping with her mother's husband, so Jason slept with Elizabeth. But all the promos said "What would you do if your boyfriend cheated?" This show has a funny idea of what constitutes cheating.

15 October 2009

Daniel St. John wrote:
Bring on AJ and Ava.

Unfortunately, it's not just the writing for Liz and AJ. That's bad in itself, but the writing for any General Hospital veterans has been terrible. The concentration for the OLTL old/new characters has just about wiped out any continuity of GH storylines. By the time they get back to the half stories that they were in the middle of telling before the "Charmed 3" returned, nobody remembers what was happening. Or worse, nobody cares!

These writers forget that they are now General Hospital writers.

Windsor Heights's picture
9 February 2012

I am a relatively new fan of GH, and I have been thrilled with AJ's drive and motivation to make a new name for himself. And to be quite honest, I HATED that he and Carly did what they did. It was too convenient and then Nikolas came back and now they have him as 'the good guy' while AJ is now 'the bad guy' and yet, I am feeling bad for AJ and hating Nikolas (who I LOVED with Emily as played by Natalia Livingston). It's not working for me. I really like AJ and would like to see him win for a change without screwing up. But then again, maybe they are trying to tell us that AJ will always be 'the screw up'. I don't know. While I love Ron C's work, this (amd the dreaded Brit/Patrick/Sabrina s/l) is one of the few things not working. Still love the show though.

liason4real's picture
10 May 2008

mfarris70 wrote:

=====

Thanks for typing up this post because it is spot on how I feel about Quiz at this point. Liz was honest about Nik kissing her and all AJ had to do was admit that he just had sex with Carly. The duo could have decided to either work things out or go their separate ways.

liason4real's picture
10 May 2008

Liz and AJ were doing a slow burn and I thoroughly enjoyed their scenes until RC had to shove Carly in the mix once RoHo left the show.

The Nik factor is just plain icky, because sooner or later JJ's Lucky will show up and we'll see Liz torn between her idiot ex and his equally sleazy brother. Blech! Sick

JASAMMABBY's picture
5 April 2011

AJ didn't cheat at all.. That being said when Liz came to him opening up he didn't do the same. In that light he did lie to her. More than that it is very complicated considering who he slept with.. On top of that and that AJ and Carly have mad chemistry. If there was a flipped script, (and I don't really think there was) I think it could be because of the poaitive reaction to Carly and AJ. SK and LW clearly want to work together. Plus in all SK's interviews he is always talking about LW and for a time KSull.. Maybe he was pushing an agenda. What ever it is though Carly and AJ are clearly it. Even though it shouldn't work I just enjoy watching them..

EricasEvilTwin's picture
15 July 2008

Im guessing that part of this is to open the door to a franco/carly/aj/ava quad. Liz makes more sense on the other side of the canvas.

As for sabrina they should have her mixing it up with the younger set. Patrick IMHO is just too old for her, even if the actors are close in age IRL - its the way they have written sabrina. Im sorry but even when she said she was 27 I was like HUH?? because I thought she was closer to 23/24 maybe. Even maxie feels more worldly. THey ought to have patrick either mixing it up with liz in a patrick/liz/nik triangle or with sam in a patrick/sam/silas trio.

If theres any bright side for the liz fans to niz, i dont see lucky coming back and that resulting in her being torn. With jj tied up and gv over at dool, i have to believe that if lucky came back it would be more to interact with his family and perhaps even to give his blessing to a nik/liz pairing.

Scout's picture
21 November 2008

TV Gord wrote:

Yes, but Sonny is still a miserable prick and the less of him the better.

Mel_O's picture
26 May 2011

liason4real wrote:

Oddly enough, this is sort of the storyline I want to see play out. Only this time Niz will become a full-fledged couple, about to say their 'I do's' when Lucky shows up professing his love (and regret) to Elizabeth. And for the first time since her inception, Elizabeth will NOT choose Lucky.

liason4real's picture
10 May 2008

Mel_O wrote:
liason4real wrote:

=====
This is the story that should have played out for Liason. Liz chooses Jason and tells Lucky to go kick rocks! Smile

jeremy in chicago's picture
31 May 2013

Oh, Liz. Still a self-righteous hypocrite after all these years. She should not have said "cheating," after they went on ONE date. Liz screwed her husband's brother behind his back, so... yeah. The only reason I like Liz being around is for people like Carly to tell her off (nothing against Becky Herbst - I was pissed when she got fired and I enjoy her acting).

Carly/AJ is brilliant. Every scene they have together is solid gold. TPTB need to let go of the ridiculous RoHo/Laura Wright obsession because it was overrated from day one and now, with the reassignment of characters, makes no sense. If Carly EVER gets with Franco, her character will be forever ruined. I don't care what kind of rewrites they do - Carly associates that man with her son being raped and she would NEVER spread her legs for that.

The best thing that could happen for the show right now would be getting rid of Franco (sorry but it needs to happen) and Silas (Easton plays himself and without vampire teeth, any attempt to not be John McBain comes off as pretty shabby). Kiki is basically Starr without the goody-goody nonsense, so she can stay.

As much as I can't believe I'm saying this, I actually think the show needs to focus on the mob a little bit right now. Not forever, but a good storyline about the Jeromes and Duke is in order. Otherwise, get rid of Duke. Dressing up in drag once a month does not justify his presence.

I'm pretty over GH these days, but I will admit that the Sean/Alexis scenes surprised me and really came off well. I have never had any use for Sean at all, and here I was pretty engrossed. For me, just turning off the mob element doesn't work unless you get rid of the mob characters. The mob is too big a part of the show's tapestry - even Tracy Q was in the mob. And I would love to see her involved in whatever Jerome story arises.

I agree that I don't mind the show focusing on the mob again - GIVEN that it means less time for notFranco. I would like a juicy storyline with the Jeromes, first Ava running the whole thing and revealing herself as a true mob vixen, then slowly they could reveal other Jeromes are still alive, slowly reveal that Sam's father is a Jerome, and has things left unsettled with Alexis, then once upon a day a certain Lucas Jones - the biological son of Julian Jerome could pop up into town to trick his aunt/? Ava he's on their side and help to bring them all down. And of course the continuation or part two od the infamous Anna & Duke vs. the Jeromes fight. And yes, there is also a place for Sonny and his new moll Olivia in all of this. Perhaps Connie could get killed in the crossfire! THAT is what I'm looking for.

It's a real shame about AJ & Liz - I really loved the beginning of their relationship, it was playful, realistic and on a slow burn. Very believable. I wanted them to become a long-term couple. I even imagined them getting married and that there would be an "Elizabeth Quartermaine" (Damn that sounds good). And I really also got the impression that Cartini planned to make it the long-haul couple.

But obviously not. Since SK and LW clearly want to work together and TC has now been upgraded to contract status, I don't see how they could ever become a real bonafide couple Sad I'm bummed.