Oprah to All My Children and One Life to Live Fans: "I Heard You"

The Mighty O is a' tweetin' about her decision to air the first 40 episodes of the new versions of All My Children and One Life to Live on her cable network. Said OWN's frontwoman:

Are you excited to watch AMC and OLTL on television again? Sound off in the comments!

Comments

EricasBlackSon's picture
13 June 2013

DevinMissesOLTL wrote:

Not bitching EricasBlackSon. Just saying "Told'ja so!" Lbs! By the way...Luvs your user name!

*************************************************************************

I love your name, too, DevinMissesOLTL. I'm still watching OLTL on Soapnet, as well as TOLN, and I'll even watch classics on YouTube.

CTwildheart's picture
6 June 2011

Actually Bobbyew, PP is the soap savior. Oprah herself is the soap opportunist. The one who disrespected the majority of daytime fans (who MADE her)and said she would not and could not and should not save the soaps.

This is also just a "limited run" engagement.

I am glad that this will allow others who haven't seen it be able to watch and catch up though.

CTwildheart's picture
6 June 2011

katehhoward wrote:
I JUST POSTED ON THE OTHER BLOG THAT I WAS DONE WITH THESE SHOWS BUT IF THIS IS TRUE, HELLO AMC AND OLTL. WELCOME BACK. GUESS OPRAH REALIZED SOAPS MEAN DOLLAR SIGNS.

Why would you be done with the shows? Because you don't like their schedule change? I don't see how this limited run on OWN would change your mind if that is the case.

21 January 2013

DevinMissesOLTL wrote:
Whoop-D-Doo bitch! Shoulda done it 2 years ago! How does that crow taste?!

Oprah doesn't eat crow, nor does she have to.

CTwildheart's picture
6 June 2011

Patchworks wrote:
nellie-claire wrote:
Baloney! Oprah didn't hear us; Oprah heard an audience for OWN. Doesn't any one remember Oprah's words when OLTL and AMC were cancelled?

Well, of course! We are the audience, though... and to the Mighty O's defense (not that she needs one), we all thought soaps were over two years ago. We played funeral dirges to the soap genre and were pissed off at everyone: at ABC/D and all the writers of AMC who wrote it into the ground and The Talk and the Chew and the Revolution and game shows and the news.

We soap fans were fed a line that soaps weren't profitable and the numbers seemed to reflect that. To have expected Oprah to fight, swim against, or turn that tide given the toxic attitude surrounding soaps as a whole was unfair.

Now that the genre is undergoing metamorphosis, the business woman in her has heard US, the audience for OWN. Of course, because we, the soap fans, are NEVER satisfied, we hold Oprah accountable for responding to climate of the time.

Please speak only for yourself! WE did NOT think the soaps were over, nor did WE play funeral dirges. The WE I am speaking of emailed, tweeted, commented, made phone calls, planned and attended rallys, etc.. WE never believed the 'numbers' that were fed to us, nor did we believe O when she said the viewers weren't there. WE are not the audience for OWN, so she did not hear us. She heard the cash register-not the loyalty of daytime fans. I am definitely a satisfied soap fan - and that has absolutely nothing to do with Noprah.

bobbyew's picture
19 October 2012

CTwildheart I hear what you are saying 100%. What I am saying is that now the majority of people who don't watch online will watch on OWN and will enjoy it more on a actual TV than on a computer screen.

CTwildheart's picture
6 June 2011

For all those saying soap fans complained that she wouldn't save the soaps...it wasn't that she wouldn't save them. It was more about the way she spoke about the daytime fans and relying on outmoded data (like abc/d)in her condescending response. When you basically offend the majority of the people who MADE you, what else would expect?

But I am glad that AMC and OLTL are going to give many more the opportunity to see these new shows.

CTwildheart's picture
6 June 2011

bobbyew wrote:

Gotcha! And hopefully they will continue to watch!
I have been watching online shows, clips & videos on my TV for years with and HDMI cord. So I don't miss the TV screen since I use it that way. Smile

22 October 2010

CTwildheart, I for one am very busy and have a hectic life and when night falls I love to sit by my TV and watch my DVR's shows. Years back I used to watch my tape shows. I am never on my computer past 6 or 7. I rarely participate in night time DC conversations cause I need my time to unwind. I didnt like Hulu plus, cause even 60 seconds of commercials was too much for me. And to watch it on my 15 inch computer dosent do anything for me. To me it was taking a step backwards. I have this big beautiful TV that I never had to watch a commercial again and now, either I have to sit and wait for commercials to finish on my tv like the old days or I have to watch on a 15inch. No, I had to give it up. I like to sit with my coffee and my remote to FF. I am going to enjoy that limited run on Oprah. And please dont tell me I am not a fan cause I am and have been. But these shows are not going to make me crazy.

DevinMissesOLTL's picture
16 February 2012

fmat55 wrote:
DevinMissesOLTL wrote:
Whoop-D-Doo bitch! Shoulda done it 2 years ago! How does that crow taste?!

Oprah doesn't eat crow, nor does she have to.
So I'm guessing you're her personal chef then?! LOL!

22 June 2010

I have not real all of the posts but I have read many of them. If I remember correctly, the truth was that 2 years ago, the Soaps were profitable, they were just very expensive to produce. The talk shows were much less expensive to produce and if they generated the same revenue, the talk shows, would end up being much more profitable for the networks. The Soap genre was and is clearly not dead. The Latin soaps and telenovelas are successful as many of the nighttime soaps have been. The network executives may have wanted us to believe that the Soaps were dead but most of us knew better.
At one time, I suggested that we each put up maybe ten or twenty dollars annually to produce the soaps. How many of us can afford ten or twnety dollars a year? How much money do you think that could have generated?
Finally, does anyone remember the name of Tim Gunn's Soap replacement show? I don't and I adore Tim Gunn!

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

It's a ten-week trial run. The shows' future on OWN is still not guaranteed.

ldylkng's picture
14 July 2009

Well if we all that love these shows watch, then maybe , just maybe she will continue broadcasting them.
But I, like bobbyew, & Giogio would much rather watch on my TV. The sound quality on my laptop is not the best, & would rather see it on my 42 in. So I for one am thrilled with this news.

27 June 2013

Wow! from a woman who made a video to tell the soap fans to leave her alone that she was NOT going to save the soaps cause they were a dying genre & told everyone to accept that they were being cancelled and to get over it. She & her network would NOT be saving them..Too little too late with this recent gesture. Clearly your network is suffering & only picking up the soaps after seeing how successful they have been on HULU. Well forget it Oprah, you are a high class snob who flipped out on hotel staff cause their TV's did now carry your network. I love my soaps, but will never watch them on anything connected to you cause you don't care about them or the viewers

TV Gord's picture
18 February 2009

SoapFanGal wrote:

Of course, she said none of those things...

rabbit on the moon's picture
8 June 2010

TV Gord wrote:
SoapFanGal wrote:

Of course, she said none of those things...

lol