General Hospital: Perkie's Observations

112
comments

Dr. Obrecht warns Britt to keep quiet, and then takes off out the window.  When Dante and Anna break in, they find Britt alone.  Anna asks where Liesl is, and informs Britt her mother is wanted for the attack on Duke.  Britt asks about evidence, and Anna mentions Duke is awake.  Anna explains Britt’s mother has been responsible for a lot of serious offenses.  Britt tells Anna to arrest her, or get out. Anna warns she has no problem arresting a pregnant woman.

Richard Simmons interrupts the wedding, much to Lucy and everyone’s annoyance.  Maxie insists he won’t ruin the wedding.  Some of the guys pick Richard up to take him outside, but he begs to be put down. He cries and apologizes for the way he acted at the Nurse’s Ball.

Luke is surprised when Dr. Obrecht shows up at the house, and explains to Holly she’s the one responsible for Robert’s coma.  Holly swears Liesl will pay.  Luke accuses her of working with Jerry on a cure, but Liesl informs them Jerry is dead. She also denies helping with the cure.

Connie discusses what happened between her and Sonny with Kevin. Kevin wonders if she had an ulterior motive, since she knew how Sonny would react.  Connie admits Sonny was happier with Olivia, but she stopped them by stepping in taking Sonny back.

Olivia checks in on Sonny, and asks what happened with AJ and Connie.  Sonny explains, but says things are not better between him and Connie.  Olivia thinks they need to communicate, but Sonny feels Connie stabbed him in the back. He won’t stand for it from her.  Olivia is angry she stepped away so he could be with Connie, and now they’re still fighting.  Olivia feels she should have stood her ground, and he should have as well. Connie arrives in time to hear everything Olivia said.

Richard explains he wasn’t feeling well at the Ball, and went a little crazy. He begs for forgiveness.  Everyone forgives him, and the wedding moves on.  Mac and Felicia say their vows, and Lucy pronounces them husband and wife.

Luke figures Liesl perfected the cure, and gave it to Jerry. He warns her to tell him the truth, or he’ll turn her over the WSB.  Dr. Obrecht wonders why Luke is so interested, and realizes he needs the treatment as well.  She admits was developing the cure, but had to stop when Anna and Robert showed up and Faison was captured.  Dr. Obrecht developed a temporary solution, but Jerry died before it was finished.

Holly and Luke don’t believe her, and Luke feels Jerry is hiding behind the locked door.  He takes Liesl’s keys, and heads down the passageway.  Holly warns Liesl will pay for what happened to Robert.  Liesl had to subdue Robert because he knew too much.

Anna asks when Britt last saw her mother.  Britt lies, and says she left yesterday.  Dante finds the empty bottle of Propofol, and Anna calls Britt a liar.  She tells Dante to arrest Britt, and Dante does.  Britt feels he should be more compassionate, and declares her mother will not be happy about this.

Maxie teases Lulu for crying at the wedding, and then announces her water broke.

Comments

21 January 2013

One thing I must have missed. I thought Luke and Holly were in Corinth, PA. If so, how did Obrecht get down that fire escape and to Corinth that fast?

22 May 2008

Dr O must have used the famous "Carlivati Wormhole" (patent pending)...there was also one that went from Llanview, PA to Kentucky, too! Wink

TV Gord's picture
18 February 2009

...and from Pine Valley to Pigeon Hollow, (where was it?) Tennessee?

31 January 2013

Corinth, PA. i wonder if a Loving character is behind that door.

logan_echolls's picture
3 August 2012

So Dr. O can bring people back from the dead, scale walls like Spiderman and create a cure for radiation poisoning? This woman should be the Surgeon General!!!

Britt is the worst liar and I'm pissed Anna aka The Female Chuck Norris didn't kick down that door as soon as she got there especially since she had Felix permission to go in there. All she had to do was blow on that door and it would have fell open!

I did NOT like the fact that Emma couldn't stay for wedding cake. That made no sense at all. Then her fake wanna be mama had to put her two cents in on why she couldn't stay. Gawd I hate Suckbrina. It would be okay if they weren't writing her as Emma's mama. She's the new girlfriend and former babysitter. She is Emma's friend NOT her mother.

Of all the people who could have walked in on the wedding, freakin Richard Simmons! Seriously? He really has hate in his heart over Monica though lol. But that was unnecessary. Why couldn't Georgie's ghost show up. Or heck let Kevin's brother Ryan show up or that fake Mac from years ago. Everything is so campy with them. It took 3 guys to carry out Richard Simmons? Then Spinelli started feeling him up? Maxie cut your losses stat!

Why couldn't Luke let Holly attack Dr. O. Finally someone upset over what she did to Robert. I bet Luke doesn't find anything in that basement. Maybe Laura tied up. Their surprises aren't really exciting. Unless it's Stefan, I don't care. I know it's not Robin.

Cyberologist's picture
27 December 2007

August 16, 2013 "Happy GH-versary to Leslie Charleson! She hit 36 years on the show."

16 February 2013

TV Gord, Pigeon Hollow is in West Virginia. Pigeon Forge is in Tennessee.

pjc722's picture
6 February 2012

That was the one thing that annoyed the crap out of me on the episode. You have to wonder why they would put it in when we all would see it and say "how did a 50 yr old woman climb down a fire escape, get in her car and drive AT MINIMUM, 4 hrs while Anna was standing outside apt, a wedding ceremony was still happening, and time travel hasn't been perfected?!!!

The scenes with britt lying could have easily been cut and we could see Anna arrive at PCPD with britt and it would have given a bit more time.

I'm loving the LOVING nod especially since faison did cross over into the show years ago. Looking forward to seeing what's in the closet... (It would have been hilarious if Richard Simmons popped out!!)

Extremely disappointed in the wedding though. Sure, mac works or owns the bar but seriously they couldn't repurpose a set and use it for the wedding? They couldn't just have it in the park? Watching the ladies get ready in a closet with bleach, buckets brooms and old dirty towels in the background was sad and didn't get the importance to this scene as it should have ESPECIALLY SINCE Felicia wore a gown as did Maxie and Mac was in a tux. It's as if the recession hit port Charles so hard that gowns are rented and if it wasnt the bar McDonald's would have nbeen fine DURING THE LUNCH RUSH!!

Love Richard Simmons. Bring him back more and have him pop in to boring events to make them fun. Like any scene with SUCKbrina.

16 June 2012

logan_echolls wrote:

It did seem odd. Soaps often clear the room of actors who won't be on the next show when the scene resumes, but it's usually done more gracefully.

16 June 2012

Desertrose wrote:
Dr O must have used the famous "Carlivati Wormhole" (patent pending).

Either that or she has an eviler twin.

TV Gord's picture
18 February 2009

Thanks, tmac! Smile

The scenery in Port Charles must be low-cal, because Richard Simmons sure enjoyed chewing it on Friday!

GHteenybopper's picture
29 March 2010

Richard Simmons needs to never appear on another episode of this show ever again. Good Lord, I cannot stand his "acting".

Olivia and Sonny are gross, and if after Connie is killed, they get together, I will fast forward through all their scenes.

What a twist it would be to have Olivia kill Connie, I know it will never happen, as it will probably be Ava that's the killer but then Olivia could go to jail and be written off the show.

Where's Laura?

DevinMissesOLTL's picture
16 February 2012

TV Gord wrote:
...and from Pine Valley to Pigeon Hollow, (where was it?) Tennessee?

West Virginia

GHvetfan's picture
26 October 2009
1 week 11 hours

I knew that Dr. O wuldn't get caught that easy but still disappointed. I was extremely happy to see that Richard Simmons was wearing long pants. I was actually shocked by that.

Emma better get her cake.

I figured Britt would go into labor. I was surprised Maxie did.

I am so happy that the show has been Frodd and Dr. Really loves his own hair free lately.

7 May 2010

Since the actual goings-on aren't entertaining me all that much, I will engage in some aimless (and senseless, g) specualtion:

My Top Ten Guesses For GH:

10)The person Luke finds will be: Ethan, g. (It's getting to be their "thing": Luke searching for someone else and finding Ethan tied up, instead).

9)Ms. Falconutty will be murdered by someone unrelated to the sadly revived mobster s/l. (Think "shrink"...g).

8)Patrick will see Sabrina and Emma playing together, have a long overdue epiphany (no, not *that* Epiphany...although she's long overdue for an appearance on this stupid show, g!) and realise that what he's been doing is not so much "dating" as "daycare".

7)While hunting offscreen for Luke, Laura will stumble across a long-lost storyline! She'll spend the next sweeps period trying to hold onto it while all the other ignored characters attempt to wrest it from her!

6)Maxie's baby will age rapidly and be a teenager, played by Lindze Letherman, by November 2013. TPTB will explain the extreme SORASing by writing that the baby's father is Casey the Alien.

5)Stavros Cassadine will thaw out and turn his attention back to Laura because, in the Cassadine Craziverse, shoving your insane ex-husband into a freezer to die a horrible death is considered foreplay and this will reignite his passion for his Lasha.

4)Leslie and Monica will finally admit their hatred for one another is really love and get married at the Q family mausoleum. The reception will be at the PC cemetery, where the happy couple will dance on Rick Webber's grave.

3)Michael will come out, hook up with Felix, Carly will become the loudest PFLAG mom *ever*, and Sonny's head will literally explode.

2)Richard Simmons is Franco.

And my #1 guess for GH is:

Robert! Robert! Robert!

pjc722's picture
6 February 2012

REVTRASK... hilarious list!

mipeony's picture
23 September 2010

The whole entire Richard Simmons part of the show was a waste of time. A total waste of time. Sigh. From a great episode the day before to a big fat raspberry in this one.

Did I miss the great love Olivia and Sonny had for one another????? Please they had a few conversations, kissed once (well now, I don't mean all the tonsil hockey she was pulling on him while she was dating Johnny), and now all of a sudden he's her great love that she should have fought for? Lady, he wasted no time at all going from kissing you back to your cousin's bed. Cry me a river, geesh.

liason4real's picture
10 May 2008

GH happy dance! No FrankenTodd or those two twits fighting over Kiki.

Richard Simmons did not have on his uber short, shorts. WTF? I, too, agree that RS was not needed at the wedding.

Lucy/LH needs to tone down the screeching in her scenes. Maxie was right about Lucy always being the center of attention.

If fifteen year old Olivia knew that Sonny was bad news for her and her baby, why in the hell is this woman now all about her great love for the tiny mobster? It does not make sense. Sonny is no prize, and I would love it this man lost it all. His women, his money and especially the mob. Maybe if we're lucky, Connie and Olivia will both bite the dust and Sonny will spend a week throwing barware before calling Brenda.

Was it really that hard to make the last three days of the show all about Mac and Felecia getting married at one of the rooms at the Metro-Court, instead of Jake's?

If Kevin had time to sit with Connie/Kate then why couldn't he attend Mac and Felecia's wedding?

Team Britta! I so wanted Patrick as the baby's father, because the story potential once Robin comes home would be juicy.

Sabrina the teenage babysitter needs to have a seat. It's amazing that we no longer see Liz around Patrick or Emma now that Sabrina is on the show.

11 February 2008

Ffd through all things Richard Simmons, cannot stand him, never have, never will. I too wondered why the wedding couldn't be held at the Metro Court. Mac is Emma's family, it makes no sense for her to not be there for cake.

Britt will probably go into labor at the PCPD, and since there is a budget, either Dante or Anna will have to take her to the hospital.

27 December 2009

I enjoyed parts of Richard Simmons theatrics, but the apology was kind of lame. They should keep him on as an inefficient villain who wants to kill Lucy. I LMAO @ the Demi Moore liquid diet comment and everyone's reaction.

I HATED that Mac and Felicia's wedding was at the bar. Totally tacky.

Spinelli is masculine?

I love Britta. I wish Patrick was the father, too. It would piss Sabrina off and make my day.

6 February 2009

I agree about freaking Richard Simmons. Some of us have been waiting years for this wedding and we had to have it turned into a campy comedy fest!! That was in very poor taste. IMHO

6 February 2009
1 week 14 hours

Im betting it is laura in the basement too...

16 June 2012

Dyllan wrote:
Spinelli is masculine?

Compared to Richard Simmons, yes.

16 June 2012

revtrask wrote:
10)The person Luke finds will be: Ethan

I hope you're right about this one. (Nathan P. probably does have some free time now that "Bunheads" has been cancelled.)

Last week, when Luke and Holly were at the Swiss bank, I was thinking that one of her henchmen might pull of his mask to reveal that Ethan had come along to help his mum rescue his dad.

tealita's picture
20 March 2011

revtrask--LOL!

I like Richard Simmons. I'm dating myself by saying this, but I once lost a lot of weight by "sweatin' to the oldies." Laughing out loud But come on man, GMAFB! Way to ruin a dive-bar wedding. SHDH!

There is one conciliation, though: at least cocktail wieners and miniature meatballs weren't on the menu. Big smile

EricasBlackSon's picture
13 June 2013

logan_echolls wrote:

God, that was funny! You REALLY hate Suckbrina. But I LOVE Dr. O!

7 May 2010

I used to sweat to the oldies, too. Now, I sweat *like* an oldie. g

I think the Richard Simmons stuff would have worked if it had been written better.

24 June 2008

I KNOW it is television but in the time Anna knocked down the door the Britch's (love that term) got to ??????
That was ridiculous. Someone explain the purpose of Richard Simmons being there!

GHvetfan's picture
26 October 2009
1 week 11 hours

I think someone lost a bet to richard Simmons and he won a cameo.

tealita's picture
20 March 2011

I'm nostalgic because Simmons was once a sweet little character and he's a big part of GH lore; but he's a little delicate, so I would rather we just honor him as part of the show's past. Wink