Perkie's Observations: The Battle For Baby Connie Begins on General Hospital

comments

Derek wonders why Carly needs to find Ava. Carly explains Ava slept with her son. She believes the woman is trying to exploit him and take advantage of Morgan’s immaturity.

Derek points out Morgan is a grown man who can make his own choices. Carly insists Ava is abusing her position of trust. Derek wonders if Carly is fixated on Morgan’s love life because she doesn’t have one of her own.

Morgan questions Ava about hearing Sonny’s name. She takes him to task about eavesdropping on conversations. She claims Derek, as publisher of the newspaper, was pressing her for information he could use. Sonny knocks on Ava’s door.

Lulu and Dante meet with Alexis to discuss the option of adopting Connie. Alexis says it’s possible, but Maxie and Spinelli would have to sign their consent. Lulu assures her Maxie was clearly giving up her rights to Connie.

Olivia reads Spinelli and Maxie the riot act. She feels Maxie has been deceitful and selfish in letting Lante fall in love with a baby that wasn’t theirs.

Olivia questions Spinelli’s feelings. Maxie is quick to say none of this was his fault.

Heather thinks Franco wants her help in getting rid of Carly. She again warns him to stay away from her.

Franco gushes over Heather’s painting. He claims he needs her help. He wants more paintings from her for inspiration. Heather is thrilled to help him, but warns about Carly yet again.

Carly is shocked at Derek’s presumption. He reminds her he saw her break up with her boyfriend in the alley. Carly plays along.

She asks Derek out to dinner. He’s suspicious of her motives, but she assures him she simply wants to spend time with a handsome stranger.  Derek agrees to join her.

Olivia wonders if Spixie have decided they want to raise Connie. Spinelli admits it.  Olivia says she’s already told Dante to prepare for the worst, so they won’t be surprised. Olivia asks them to respect Lante’s feelings, since they’ll be the ones left with the empty crib.

Sonny insists Morgan leave with him. Morgan refuses and accuses his father of choosing Michael over him.

Sonny admits he made a mistake in keeping the secret, but he’s still Morgan’s father. Morgan accuses Sonny of not keeping his word and storms off.

Ava apologizes to Sonny, saying this isn’t what she wanted. Sonny warns Ava about how accidents can happen to people. Ava accuses Sonny of threatening her.  Sonny tells her she made a mistake making him her enemy. There’s now a target on her back.

Alexis prepares the custody documents and tells Lante to make sure Spixie sign it. She then asks Lulu about her family, specifically Lucas. She goes on to explain his possible connection to Sam via Julian. Lulu tells her she doesn’t connect much with Lucas, but to speak with Carly. Alexis heads out to find Carly.

As Heather is leaving Franco’s room, Carly walks by. Franco pushes Heather back into the room. Franco begins to explain the woman in his room is his mother's cousin. Carly doesn't let him get it out. She declares she doesn’t care, since she’s getting ready for her date with Derek. Later, Franco confronts Derek.

Lulu calls Maxie to come over and discuss Connie. Maxie and Spinelli wonder if everyone is on the same page. Once they get to the apartment, Lulu tells them they have papers to sign.

Comments

logan_echolls's picture
3 August 2012

1- I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for Lante. You would think I would since they were lied to but I could care less. I want Maxie to snatch her baby from their arms and give that baby a real name.

2- Team Morgan. I am loving him going off

3- LMBO at Sonny threatening a sharp shooter like Ava. I liked Ava pretending to be scared. I am also delighted beyond belief that she is out of Franco's orbit.

4- Today just proved Carly is the biggest slut in Port Charles

5- I refuse to believe Lucas doesn't keep in touch with Lulu/Maxie. He barely talked to Carly but I'm suppose to believe him and Lulu/Maxie (who are all the same age) doesn't keep in contact but he does with Carly?

6- Olivia's face is the biggest hypocrite in Port Charles. So she can lie about her baby and keep it from the father but if someone else does it, they are backstabbers and liars. Why is she still in Port Charles?

12 May 2009

Today just proved Carly is the biggest slut in Port Charles.

This!

As I said yesterday, why is every man thrown into her orbit? Is it a Laura Wright obsession? I just don't remember this happening with either Sarah Brown or Tamara Braun.

Didn't enjoy the episode that much tbh. I know that the custody battle makes great drama and everything but I wish they would just finish this storyline in some way.
Lulu and Dante put a fast one on getting adoption papers ready. Shouldn't they have talked to Spinelli and Maxie first? Especially since their last conversation ended in a huge fight and Lulu slapping Maxie. You don't go from there to "oh now let me adopt your daughter".
Didn't get why of all people Olivia was the one judging Maxie and Spinelli. How I wish Laura was in town to take care of Lulu and have an honest talk with her daughter about this messy situation.

Sometimes Morgan comes off as an immature child. I guess that intended and very fitting considering his age. But he seems so out of line sometimes that I just can't agree with everything he's saying. But I have to say that Bryan Craig is doing one hell of a job. I'm very impressed with his acting.

Which facility is actual the one that can keep Heather Webber away for good? Not that I'm not enjoying seeing Heather from time to time but having her appear on Franco's hotel room is just a little bit much. It's like she's on the run and not locked away somewhere.

Carly loves to go to bed with her enemies. So I wouldn't be surprised if her date with Julian actually would end up in bed.
She stole her mother's husband and next to Julian, she currently develops feelings for the man who basically got her son raped in prison. Guess Carly wouldn't say no to Helena after she cut Josslyn's throat if she was a man.

22 October 2010

SOAPJUNKIE - Heather had a BLT at Kelly's on her way over to Franco's. No one noticed her. Only in soaps.

TV Gord's picture
18 February 2009
44 min

Yes, Heather Unchained is the silliest part of the show right now. Surely someone has noticed that she's gone by now! She needs one of those ankle bracelets even when she is locked up!!! It's ridiculous that the police (if not Anna herself!) have not been notified, considering how much havoc she causes in Port Charles whenever she's out.

I hope they turn the fight over the baby into a real courtroom drama (I still miss The Edge of Night!). I'm curious to know how a real judge would rule in this kind of case. I hope Ron also names him or her Judge Solomon!

I'm enjoying the Ava/Morgan pairing, and not just because I get a chuckle out of every time he flashes one of his blank expressions or vacant stares. I sometimes wonder if Bryan Craig smokes a joint before his scenes! Laughing out loud

I like the give and take between Alexis and Derek/Julian. I'n glad Nancy Lee Grahn finally has a male lead she deserves. I can't see how they'll be able to keep them together once Derek's secret is out, but I hope they find a way. I think they are a great couple! (It's time for Alexis to get out from under Sonny's umbrella of doom, anyway, and since she obviously has no qualms about representing the scum of the earth, she could become Julian's legal counsel.)

GH is cooking with propane and propane accessories these days! I'm glad today is a new one, and not a rerun of yesterday's show, even though I feel bad for those who missed most of it yesterday, due to the President's news conference.

1 February 2010

logan_echolls wrote:

I actually don't remember Lucas being that much in Lulu's orbit when he was on the show. I do remember him being closed with Maxie and Georgie so I would have found it odd if Maxie had said that she doesn't keep in touch with him much, Lulu not so much. And while they didn't share many scenes together, its not hard to believe that off screen Lucas would keep in touch with his sister, Carly, no matter the age difference.

J Bernard Jones's picture
9 September 2008

TV Gord wrote

Charlotte "Raven" Alexander Jamison Swift Whitney, represented by Jason Rutledge, versus Logan Swift, represented by Cliff Nelson and Mike Karr, for custody of Jamie Swift, presided by the honorable Judge Aaron C. Lewis.

Still one of the best custody trials daytime has ever seen.

TV Gord's picture
18 February 2009
44 min

Agreed, JBJ!

22 October 2010

When Sonny said "i live in the dark" I nearly fell off the couch. Ava didnt know whether to laugh or cry. He looks like he smokes that joint also. So intense.

23 January 2008

No sympathy for Lulu and Dante. They annoy the heck out of me. Especially Lulu.

22 October 2010

I never liked Lulu. Its not the actress who plays her. Im not trashing any actress who played Lulu. Cause I love them both. I wouldnt care if my favorite actress played her. I dont like the character.

27 January 2008

giogio wrote:

I agree with you about Lulu I feel the same way about the character of Carly. I don't care who plays her I still wouldn't like.

22 October 2010

SandraJea, I just cant put my finger on it. I know how you feel.

logan_echolls's picture
3 August 2012

robertscorpio wrote:
logan_echolls wrote:

______________________

When Drake's stepson came on as Lucas, him and Lulu were close and use to referee fights between Maxie and her. Since Lucas aged, him and Carly shared exactly 1 scene together. That was before Lucas came out and Lorenzo's son was talking crazy to him and Carly stepped in. Otherwise not since SJB played Carly and Lucas was a little boy have I seen them talking to each other at all. Carly/Lucas maybe close it's just hard to fathom since they NEVER shared a scene since he aged.

Well I think that Lucas will return down the road and that him and Carly being close sets scenes between him and his two sisters - Carly and Sam. I don't mind that. I find it more irritating that Carly and Lulu used to be close and are now sharing no scenes anymore. Guess Carly was another Spencer who didn't even get an invite to the christening.

Anyway I found Alexis asking about Lucas was the best part about yesterday's episode. I like that we see more of Nancy Lee Grahn in a storyline that has my attention.

liason4real's picture
10 May 2008

I thought Lulu was no longer close to Carly after finding out that her cousin sicced Brooklynn on Dante?

logan_echolls's picture
3 August 2012

Yeah I could never see Carly/Lulu being cool again after the whole Dante turning Michael in and Carly getting her revenge by trying to get Brooklyn to break them up. I can see why they don't talk. But I wish they could at least engage in some small talk. If Sam and Carly can get close, I think Lulu and Carly can get their relationship back.

I'd rather see Morgan and Dante get close. I really miss their old relationship. It was so cute. Right now, Morgan could use a family member to talk to and lean on. They need to hurry this tired surrogate storyline and get Dante back to being a brother. Morgan has no friends, no one. Give him a mentor since Jax isn't around.

I really hope they do a Sam v Carly thing regarding Lucas. It would be SOOOO cool if Lucas feel more drawn to Sam. Lucas could tell Sam what Carly did to his family when he was younger, etc. He could talk about how hard it was for him to come out. I would love for them to get super close and Carly feel left out. That would be one man not up Carly's behind and I would love that.

liason4real wrote:

Yeah but as logan said, Carly formed a bond with Sam and can even have conversations with Liz but she can't talk to Lulu because of the Brook Lynn story!? They should at least be able to talk at some point. Feels strange that there is nothing anymore.

bryandattilofan's picture
22 September 2010

I think all this will be settled once we find out the Britt is not Ben's mommy, but Lulu. When the baby came out, I thought he looked like Lulu. Just give them their baby already and give Spixie theirs. Then Britt should be fired for breaking upteen rules by stealing another womans embryo.

14 April 2011

I've enjoyed GH lately. Its been very good. I dont know who to root for: Spinelli/Maxie or Dante/Lulu. I mean Maxie was still willing to give up her child for Lulu.

Btw, since when has Carly become so tolerable? I mean she's had conversations with Liz, Sam and Alexis lately. Did I miss an episode where Carly said she would be less bitchy?

I cant see Franco and Carly together. Franco is getting a little better because of who plays him but with all the stuff that Franco has done to Sam, Jason, Sonny etc., I dont believe Carly would want to hook up with him. Be somewhat civil, yes, but not hooking up.

TV Gord's picture