Y&R's Amelia Heinle: "My Mom Has Asked, 'Do You Even Have a Hairbrush?"

Amelia Heinle appears to be a good sport about the constant ribbing she receives about her bedhead look. The Young and the Restless actress spoke out about her hairy situation in the Nov. 11 issue of Soap Opera Digest. Here's a snippet:

"I like to pull it back and not worry about it, but believe me, I've gotten a lot of crap for my hair," she muses. "My mom has asked, 'Do you even have a hairbrush?' My hair even gets a lot of attention from the fans. People write in all the time and ask why is my hair so messy, why don't I have a brush and why doesn't Victoria have a nicer hairdo?"

For Heinle's rebuttal, where she envokes Sarah Jessica Parker's famously messy 'do, pick up the latest copy of Soap Opera Digest!

Comments

7 February 2012

Her hair makes you wonder IF they even have hairdressers on the set.

pferrando's picture
28 June 2012

This STILL is a topic of discussion. Good GOD!

Smitty's picture

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have this same discussion over her stellar acting skills?

I actually wouldn't mind her hair if she could act. Wait who am I kidding. It would still drive me crazy even if she could act.

Yeah that hair. I'm still asking myself why she isn't send to a hairdresser by the directors. Victoria Newman is supposed to be the daughter of one of the richest man. She just shouldn't have messy hair. Her acting is an entire different story. LOL

NathanHastingsSr.'s picture
10 August 2010

Ughhh

3 March 2009

Jamey Giddens wrote:
Y&R's Amelia Heinle: "My Mom Has Asked, 'Do You Even Have a Hairbrush?"
I wonder the same thing all the time. What about the hairstylist on the show, can't they run a brush through her hair?
As for going for the Sarah Jessica Parker messy look, Amelia can't pull that off even in her sleep. So she should just quit and invest in an hairbrush.
smitty wrote:
LOL! She can't act even on a bad day.

24 January 2012

Mom doesn't get that she uses her hair as prop to distract viewers from her less than stellar delivery.

LaDivaYR's picture
27 September 2012

She's got a gorgeous face with huge, dazzling eyes and cheekbones to die for! If I were her stylist, I'd cut that roadkill off her head and give her a pixie cut. Werk that face, bitch! Werk!

pferrando's picture
28 June 2012

Amelia has been great these past few weeks with the Delia drama hair and all.

thecourt99's picture
30 April 2009

Smitty wrote:

Isn't it sad? She's featured in the soap magazines and they are asking about her hair...Man....

noway wrote:
Her hair makes you wonder IF they even have hairdressers on the set.

It would not do any good to send her to one of Y and R hairdressers. Check out all of the mismatched crap they have some of the actresses. Look at that mess Kyle has.
At least Amelia's hair is basically one color and appears to be mostly hers.

23 August 2009

I'd rather her as Victoria than that scene chewer Heather Tom!!

AND? What's she gonna do about it?!

Kinda silly for her to just say that "oh yeah, I know my hair looks like shit, it's always been this way". Umm, honey, you're an actress on television. You can't just state that something's a mess, you have to actually *do* something about it! Lol.

bobbyew's picture
19 October 2012

Yorla, is always right 100% of the time. lol

DARON's picture
24 April 2013

I just think she is just lazy and doesn't want to take ten minutes out of her to work on her hair.

23 February 2009
2 days 57 min

I'm gonna go for her hair being a prop to distract from her bad acting. I remember a contestant in American Idol who used the same trick.

EZBaby's picture
21 February 2012

Why doesn't the girl just wear a wig if she doesn't want to comb her hair?

20 December 2009

I'm guessing Elizabeth Hendrickon's mother has to be asking her the same question! When she first came on the show, she had such cute hair styles. For the last year and a half, her hair has looked AWFUL. Funny thing is there are days when AH's hair looks gorgeous and healthy. Unfortunately they're few and far between.

I must be in the minority because I have no problem with AH. Except for the hair...

26 July 2011

I will say this chick acting will always be mediocre, because Heather to the Tom would eat this girl for breakfast, lunch and dinner and two after dinner desserts....

Amelia hair should be honorable mention this week....It actually looked washed,....Did JFP make Amelia run a hot comb in that bird nest???????

bobbyew wrote:
Yorla, is always right 100% of the time. lol

Thanks Laughing out loud I'm not always right though, just outspoken! Laughing out loud

Happy H-ween!

pferrando wrote:

This STILL is a topic of discussion. Good GOD!

This is how I feel, I just pay no never mind anymore to the comments. But when they do actually have Amelia's hair in flattering manner for special events on show I will admit it's noticeable because of the latter.

Amelia has been very strong during this story I will say and stated this is the best she's been in years.

richalan67 wrote:

I'd rather her as Victoria than that scene chewer Heather Tom!!

Really? Did you ever watch the many years of Heather's "Victoria? If how far do you go back with Heather? She's the one that gave the character prominence on YR not AH. Don't miss understanding me I for one been Ok with Amelia and don't bash her as so many people.

Heather doesn't win 3 Emmys for being scene chewer and I think you would be out voted on this one, but to each of their own... Laughing out loud

richalan67 wrote:
I'd rather her as Victoria than that scene chewer Heather Tom!!

I couldn't see Billy being able to have Heather as his wife on the show. Amelia appears more Billy's type and I think they do okay, but don't like how he is reacting to the loss of Delia.

richalan67 wrote:
I'd rather her as Victoria than that scene chewer Heather Tom!!

I couldn't see Billy being able to have Heather as his wife on the show. Amelia appears more Billy's type and I think they do okay, but don't like he is reacting to the loss of Delia.

EZBaby wrote:
Why doesn't the girl just wear a wig if she doesn't want to comb her hair?

Good Idea, then she could look as bad as some of the other messes of mismatched hair extensions, pieces, falls, wigs or whatever they call them.

yojoromo4469 wrote:

Agreed. HT's Victoria would take one look at Billy, laugh, and then stroll past him to her CEO office at Newman to eviscerate some rival company.

pferrando's picture
28 June 2012

I just think there are other things that would be more interesting to discuss.

And she's not a bad actress at all. Just completely different from Heather who is so identified by long time YR viewers that almost anyone in that role would probably suffer the same scrutiny. I HATED it when Brenda D. and Terry L. were replaced. I'd never want Dru replaced, and I'm not looking forward to a new Phyllis.

But people...she's been on now for over 8 years.

pferrando wrote:
I just think there are other things that would be more interesting to discuss.

But people...she's been on now for over 8 years.

PFERRANDO, I agree with your first line. Have watched Y and R for 30+ years and until I see it mentioned, forget that HT played Vikki. Don't mind Amelia at all.
Phyllis is irreplaceable, so that should be forgotten about. Would rather see her die off, if Michelle can't or won't come back.

wiggum's picture
27 June 2009

AH is not a bad actress but she is not Victoria(to be fair, they are not writing for AH as Victoria either)

pjc722's picture
6 February 2012

Its sad that this actress, who has proven this past week that she has range and talent, is allowing that bird's nest of a hair style go untamed and unkempt that we are devoting an entire post it her mess!

Just comb your damn hair! The character is not Amelia. She is Victoria Newman Abbott. SHe is a fictional character on a soap opera and not some girl we see at the checkout line in the local stop and shop on a wednesday morning at 11am.

If the budget is so tight at Y&R now that they can't afford hair and makeup then TIE the hair up NEATLY and call it a day. Or wash, curl and go. OR just look in the mirror and run your hands through it and fix it. OR stop off the 3 days you work at the local SUPERCUTS for a cheap set and style!

But DON"T let your talent become all about hair that didn't survive a huricane OR THE OPEN WINDOW in your car on teh way to the studio!