Sharon Case Makes Video Tribute For Fired Young and Restless Star Michael Muhney (VIDEO)






Billy Miller (ex-Billy) isn't the only departing The Young and the Restless cast member who received a video nod. Ousted Y&R star Michael Muhney (ex-Adam) was afforded a tribute video created by ex-leading lady Sharon Case (Sharon). Watch it below!


Comments

SoapArmageddon's picture
Member since:
22 January 2011
Last activity:
6 hours 26 min

The two of them had such great chemistry together. Oh well...

You have to wonder if it means anything that certain people's images and likenesses barely or did not at all appear in that video. Wink

bobbyew's picture
Member since:
19 October 2012
Last activity:
5 min 23 sec

Beautiful. You know she is hurt as are a lot of people. MM will be missed from my screen every day. People asking questions about harassment is uncalled for. Yes Hunter is pretty but I don't see that in his character. For the show to lose such an incredible actor behind something like that in HOLLYWOOD where there is the casting couch and the porn industry reigns is Ludacris. If it happened oh well the show must go on and the little girl should have thick skin or get out. It's HOLLYWOOD! She's not the star of the show. No I'm not taking up for the accused, its just what it is.

The_Moustache's picture
Member since:
17 June 2009
Last activity:
1 week 3 days

I loved Sharon and Adam together. They had great chemistry and played off one another so wonderful than she ever did with any of her other pairings. I wish great things for Michael Muhney going forward.

I keep reading stuff about MM and Hunter King (Summer). I hope it's not true.

Sad

pferrando's picture
Member since:
28 June 2012
Last activity:
15 hours 51 min

I love Sharon Case. And it's nice she did this for him, and to make her statement.

While I don't know if I believe the harassment claims, there are too many people on YR who have remained silent, or are sticking to the "there's more to the story". Case didn't say there wasn't...she's just sending him off with a respectful goodbye.

We all have friends who have done things we don't agree with. Doesn't mean we give them up as friends OR condone the things they've done.

Member since:
23 February 2009
Last activity:
1 day 21 hours

I might not have liked Adam and MM but I still don't believe this shit that is being spread on the net.

Member since:
7 November 2009
Last activity:
14 hours 7 min

This was a much better video than the Billy Miller one, and I find it hard to believe that MM is guilty of this.

Member since:
8 July 2009
Last activity:
14 weeks 3 days

It concerns me that the people of DC are also strangely quiet about this situation.

Member since:
7 February 2012
Last activity:
2 weeks 23 hours

I just love it when guys rant on about misogyny.

We still have no idea what happened but things on both sides don't line up.

Like why if the girl was involved in the situation why she was allowed to to a web q&a the next day? That would be pretty heartless on tptb part. It wouldn't be the first time things like that got cancelled.

He has posted the interview with NB that appeared in HuffPo which reiterates it was somehow his fault and keeping mum otherwise.

Just a lot of things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Member since:
22 June 2010
Last activity:
6 days 15 hours

OMG, So many thoughts. First of all, fantastic video! Just awesome, Sharon's video was captivating, compelling and definitely attention grabbing. I think that it is amazing! This video definitely made me realize what an amazing actor Michael Muhney is and my reasoning is crazy but deceptively simple. In almost all of the maybe the first 30 seconds of the video, I didn't recognize Michael Muhney. The reason? He was smiling and happy. Adam never smiled. As Adam, Michael Muhney literally contorted his face into someone else's, Adam Newman. Now that's damn fine acting!

gato1's picture
Member since:
29 October 2009
Last activity:
3 weeks 1 day

I agree Nellie about his smiling and acting. I wish people would stop with all these rumors. Some people are so dumb they just have to read something somewhere and all of a sudden it is gospel.

SoapArmageddon's picture
Member since:
22 January 2011
Last activity:
6 hours 26 min

Some people seem to have a vested interest in confirming and others in disproving that Michael Muhney did something terrible to cause his dismissal. To be honest, I actually only care about the show I've been watching almost uninterruptedly since 1991 and which will obviously be affected by these real-life events.

pferrando's picture
Member since:
28 June 2012
Last activity:
15 hours 51 min

What bothers me the most is that so-called fans of the show are trashing the other cast members over this dismissal.

They have one cast member (former) to be angry with if they'll be missing this character on a show they love to watch.

timepass's picture
Member since:
20 November 2007
Last activity:
1 day 15 hours

Very classy of Sharon. All post a bout rumours are frankly gossiping and unkind.

Member since:
30 October 2013
Last activity:
3 weeks 2 days

Can someone break down the rumors about why MM got fired and what it has to do with Hunter King (Summer)? It sounds like there is SPECULATION that he harassed her or something. Any links to sources would be appreciated.

Also, can someone break down the situation between Eric B. and MM? It sounds like they had a negative exchange on Twitter several months ago, but I'm curious what it was about. I read someone's comments on here that it had something to do with Maura West and it sounded like Eric B. supposedly made unwanted advances towards her and MM defended her, but that was totally based off of someone else's comments.

Finally, my PURE SPECULATION is that something went down that none of us know about that caused his dismissal. Maybe the Hunter King harassment RUMOR is true, idk. However, I think this maybe the one time that Show Killer JFP actually has clean hands.

Thanks in advance!

gato1's picture
Member since:
29 October 2009
Last activity:
3 weeks 1 day

RC- Certain people are saying that MM sexually harassed Hunter King and was let go. Some people think this is true because Doug Davidson, Melody T Scott, And Michael Logan said "There Is more to the story! Don't blame Jill F Phelps (the executive producer)" Jill has a reputation of being somewhat of a tyrant and "ruining" other soaps she worked on (Killing off heroine Maureen Bauer on GL, Brutally killing off Frankie Frame on AW, and Her non stop mob love on GH) In addition to that she is known to have her "FOJS" friends of Jill who she puts above all vets on any given soap....examples--Steve Burton who she worked with on GH then maybe(?) had him flown in from Tenn to LA, she just finished a project on some network and recast Summer, Abby, and maybe(?) Kyle with actors from that project. So, either MM did something awful OR Jill had it out with him for whatever reasons and let him go. Oh, did I mention MM has been outspoken about the emmy nomination process? The question is are all these actors/reporters toeing the company line and "bad mouthing"" MM or did something valid happen for his dismissal? We will probably never know. Bad for the show either way.

Member since:
30 October 2013
Last activity:
3 weeks 2 days

Thanks Gato! Yeah, I know all about Jill's rep and FOJ's. I totally get that Steve Burton was only hired because he is a FOJ. While SB is great eye candy, his acting range is limited to that of an angry robot. His "romance" with Chelsea was worst than Dannifer on Days and that is saying something. I hate how they are trying so hard to connect him to the canvas by making him Nikki's long lost son. Only benefit is now MT is getting a quality S/L. It still irks me though that Jill didn't make concessions for Billy Miller, who IMO is an excellent actor, but will bend over backwards (probably literally for SB).

In regards to MM, he's a great actor and does have great chemistry with Sharon, but I personally hated Shadam. I think that pairing, along with the terrible writing for Sharon for the last 4-5 years, is what has ultimately ruined her character beyond repair. Her getting together with the guy who she knew had kidnapped & made her believe her daughter was dead just made Sharon look like an idiot.

Nice video though by Sharon. Looks like they were pretty close friends.

pferrando's picture
Member since:
28 June 2012
Last activity:
15 hours 51 min

MM was the first to sign a long term contract with Phelps. So she didn't want him gone.

That's speculation, but logical.

I don't want to believe he was sexually harassing a co star.

But RC, I am with you when you state her hands were clean. This time.

MM just released a long interview about three months ago about Adam and the show's long term plans for him.

Dismissal wouldn't make sense with the show's long term plans.

Gato is correct by saying we will never know. But MM does, and he admitted it was his fault.

pjc722's picture
Member since:
6 February 2012
Last activity:
1 day 1 hour

Sweet video on a great friendship.

All i need to know or care to find out.

THEBEST's picture
Member since:
12 February 2008
Last activity:
7 hours 36 min

I believe the rumors, but I also believe that it was misconstrued. I don't think that Sharon Case would still be a supporter & Friend of Michael Muhney if he was truly guilty of sexual harassment. Not to discount Hunter King's claims, but I just don't think it went down that way.

ChrisGa's picture
Member since:
9 September 2009
Last activity:
13 hours 8 min

Nice video; Sharon Case is a class act. Never bought Shadam as a couple because of the two characters' prior history regarding Faith but I'll admit the chemistry between the two was insane. Not sure what did or didn't happen but the fact remains MM is a brilliant actor--arguably the best on this show--and his absence will leave a gaping hole on this canvas.

Member since:
6 July 2010
Last activity:
6 weeks 5 days

THEBEST wrote:
I believe the rumors, but I also believe that it was misconstrued. I don't think that Sharon Case would still be a supporter & Friend of Michael Muhney if he was truly guilty of sexual harassment.

Not necessarily, she could still support a friend and at the same time not support or condone all their actions. It's possible she feels he already paid a steep price, for whatever happened ,and she see's he already sorry/regrets his actions so she doesn't need to punish him further.
(All speculation)

RealityCheck 33's picture
Member since:
13 February 2010
Last activity:
13 hours 43 min

gdwitch wrote:
It concerns me that the people of DC are also strangely quiet about this situation.

You can't report a story if there isn't one. If no one is talking who is involved, then you can't just report rumor as fact. It's libel and slander.

Frankly, the silence speaks for itself. What business is it of ours anyway? He's gone from the show and that's the end of the story. If other people are involved, they prefer not to be named or the matter discussed. The fact that we do know is that Y&R just lost an actor of incredible talent that obviously captivated a large segment of its audience.

I don't think I've ever seen the kind of out pouring of despair and outrage over a soap star getting his/her walking papers. This has to have shocked CBS & Sony. This whole situation was handled poorly by Sony. They have damaged the show for quite sometime to come.

Member since:
6 July 2010
Last activity:
6 weeks 5 days

bobbyew wrote:
Beautiful. You know she is hurt as are a lot of people. MM will be missed from my screen every day. People asking questions about harassment is uncalled for. Yes Hunter is pretty but I don't see that in his character. For the show to lose such an incredible actor behind something like that in HOLLYWOOD where there is the casting couch and the porn industry reigns is Ludacris. If it happened oh well the show must go on and the little girl should have thick skin or get out. It's HOLLYWOOD! She's not the star of the show. No I'm not taking up for the accused, its just what it is.

Seriously?

Yeah, the talented "stars" of the show should be able prey upon and do whatever the hell want to the younger newcomers. How dare they object. GMAB!

Member since:
6 July 2010
Last activity:
6 weeks 5 days

RealityCheck 33 wrote:
You can't report a story if there isn't one. If no one is talking who is involved, then you can't just report rumor as fact. It's libel and slander.

I think one reason they can't report it is because they were told "off the record".

The second reason would be backlash against the innocent victim. Some of these comments seem to indicate that will be happening if a sexual harassment story goes "on the record".

Member since:
26 July 2011
Last activity:
20 hours 54 min

To gdwitch: I'm sure when the first 2014 podcast returns next month the crew will have the latest info....What I like about DC is Jamey/ Jillian have sources in high places and we can fully understand what going on behind the scenes....

I agree I hope MM didn't do what is allegedly been reported, you think the dude has a wife and kids... I can't judge because I wasn't there, so I hope both parties have found peace..... Yes there more to the story, but let just wait until the next podcast....The DC Crew should enjoy their holiday like the rest of us with their families.....

Happy Holidays-

RealityCheck 33's picture
Member since:
13 February 2010
Last activity:
13 hours 43 min

Pennywise, do you know what really happened? Who are you to judge anyone? Know all the facts before you condem others. Sickening.

What satisfies people like you? A public hanging? Destruction of his family?

Yoryla's picture
Member since:
26 May 2012
Last activity:
32 min 36 sec

I'm sure this matter is of great volatility, I'm not surprised people don't want to discuss it, even if there were certainties, and specially not without them. These are serious claims and go far beyond the normal scope of soap news. I would be quite silent about such information aswell.

Member since:
22 June 2010
Last activity:
6 days 15 hours

I disagree. I think that sooner or later, we will know what happened and then, just maybe, we can judge. In the meantime, please remember that in this country we are innocent until proven guilty.

Member since:
6 July 2010
Last activity:
6 weeks 5 days

RealityCheck 33 wrote:
Pennywise, do you know what really happened? Who are you to judge anyone? Know all the facts before you condem others. Sickening.
What satisfies people like you? A public hanging? Destruction of his family?

Nope I don't know what happened. But Sony does and fired him over it so I assume it wasn't good. What's more no one, not even MM is saying he was let go unfairly. I'm not condemning MM, he's been punished for his actions by Sony. Hopefully he learns by that and goes forward changed for the better. I wish him well he's a fantastic actor.

Member since:
25 September 2009
Last activity:
3 days 17 hours

Bring back Chris Engen.