Cynthia Watros OUT at The Young and The Restless?

Could daytime and primetime veteran Cynthia Watros (Kelly) be exiting The Young and the Restless? Last week, it was reported Watros' MTV pilot, Finding Carter, was picked up for 10 epsiodes.

Now, according to Soap Opera Digest, a casting call has been sent out for someone similar to the mysterious Kelly. The show is looking for a blonde woman in her mid-30's-to-40's who:

Has been down a difficult path in life, but is beginning to live again.

So for Y&R is keeping mum on the casting scuttlebutt. Who do you think should replace Watros as Kelly? Sound off in the comments!

Photo by PR Photos

Comments

bobbyew's picture
19 October 2012

She was just heating up. PRIMETIME calls.

ChrisGa's picture
9 September 2009

If this is true then too bad. While it seems few on these boards have warmed at all to her, I think she's done a fantastic job since she came on(even if the Billy grief sex was a tired and wrong-headed move story-wise).

27 December 2009

Please don't recast the character and just write her off (hell, I would accept a murder mystery...that bad). My issue with the character was not the actress, but how unnecessary Kelly was to any storyline.

OH! hell, I love CW and I do like the character and she was just getting interesting in the story.

If JFP hires a quickie GH actor for the recast I will be pissed. Enough of that nonsense because there are plenty of other actors unemployed from CBS's defunct soaps that could fill the role! Smile

Couple of suggests Kelley Menighan Hensley, Gina Tognoni or even go in a different direction which I would even love more would be Wendy Moniz because she could play anything as CW... Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX_vDcMRnGA Love Love Love

7 January 2013

My only pick for a recast could be Kelly Sullivan even though she's from GH which I also watch.

Quote:

Absolutely Negative! Not for me because I saw some her material on GH when at the work when Rob had GH on and I thought she was horrendous Sick ...NO more GH people YR has had its fill for now, there are plenty of talent who wasn't on GH JFP & crew could cast.

bobbyew's picture
19 October 2012

@harlee yes GINA would fill those shoes to perfection if recasted.

LauraWrightCrazy's picture
6 March 2013

Kelly Sullivan would be great!!

Restless Fan's picture
12 December 2008

I hope she sticks around. Plus in this day and age there is not guarantee a new show will go past one season. If she does in fact leave, I'd rather the show write Kelly out. They have had too many recasts and her character, as new as she is, could be shelved for awhile.

SoapSnob's picture
1 July 2008

If Y&R plans to develop this character - and it appears they are - Cady McClain is my pick. Cynthia Watros is not a favorite actress of mine and, to me, she plays this role too... harsh. Victoria - and everyone else - should have realized by now that she and Billy boinked. However, that may be more indicative of the writing and direction.

SoapArmageddon's picture
22 January 2011

Martha Byrne.

sillytee's picture
9 February 2009
1 day 33 min

i like harlee's idea of kelly hensley..i NEED/WANT to see my ATWT actors on my screen... Martha should have her own character..she shouldnt be a recast again

16 May 2012
1 week 12 hours

harlee490 wrote:
Quote:

Totally agree with you Kelly Sullivan is a horrendous actress. But I think she has a good chance of getting this. And I imagine if you're a YR fan you'd rather Kelly come on as Kelly then Phyliss recast like many soap media outlets are pushing.

Utterly agree with harlee on Kelly Sullivan! She is not needed anywhere on the soap canvas!

Even though the character and story around her were empty and unnecessary in the beginning, Cynthia Watros has made herself a place on this show and shouldn't leave NOW of all times. She's a great actress, she just needs a more fitting storyline.

Cyberologist's picture
27 December 2007

ChrisGa wrote:

I liked it storywise, it was soapy good soap; Victoria had sucked the life out of him for me so enjoyed seeing him with someone else for a minute. I had no problem with Kelly either though...I just wonder if she was going to wind up pregnant and all that. I've always been a Watros fan congrats on her pilot wish her luck; I'll check her out over there.

'one' more GH actor I've "always wanted Becky Herbst" on YR long before Jill came on board so please just this one more....she's not looking to bounce or anything like that but I always wanted her as MacKenzie...

25 October 2011

SoapSnob wrote:

Yes...Cady McClain....Yeeeees! Although, I do think that they can stand to cast older if it is for Jack.

14 April 2011

I like Kelly Sullivan but if they dont get her, then they should write her out. What are they going to do when Billy and her tryst comes out? I mean who would she turn to? Not like she has any friends in GC.

3 June 2010

"Has been down a difficult path in life, but is beginning to live again."

Sounds like a Phyllis recast to me.

logan_echolls's picture
3 August 2012

25 October 2011

logan_echolls wrote:
There is no need for this character. Let Snitch(?) come between Billy and Victoria. There doesn't need to be another woman coming in between them.Also Jack has Hillary. He doesn't need this Kelly to romance. I love the chemistry between Jack and Hillary.

Devon has Hilary...Jack very much needs this Kelly romance. Besides, I like Hilary and want her around for a long time. I don't see a romance with Jack providing any longevity for the character. She would be gone in 6 months like all Jack's other pairings. He's the kiss of death. Just no.

blake3b's picture
3 March 2009

It would suck if CW couldn't be on Y&R anymore, she needs to be on some daytime show. But I wish her great success with her MTV show!

blake3b's picture
3 March 2009

harlee490 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX_vDcMRnGA Love Love Love

OMG harlee I would kill to have Wendy Moniz back on TV, and she needs to play a bitch because she does it to PERFECTION!!!!

If not WM then Gina Tognoni would kill it too! I have no idea why a beautiful, sexy, two-time Emmy winner like Gina is not on another soap!

Santa_Barbara_4Ever's picture
3 April 2011

I thought Kelly Sullivan did a great job on GH with the material she was given. Her acting was never the problem.....it was the writing of her character. Let's not forget....she doesn't pick what she says or does on the air!

16 May 2012
1 week 12 hours

Santa_Barbara_4Ever wrote:

Completely true she didn't write the show, however, she did make her acting choices and she was God awful IMO. The curtain chewing, the eyebrows, the screaming/screeching all her lines. She is a bad actress.

Whoever this broad is now, dump her fast. Terrible actress, too old to be involved with either Billy Abbott. Bad hair, and just plain hard looking. Dump her and fast.

8 December 2011

The first name that came to mind is Terri Conn, but Gina T would be even better.

Kelly and Stitch are siblings, right ?

Drewz,

drewz wrote:
Kelly and Stitch are siblings, right ?

This could be an interesting twist and you could be on something and using this down the road....hmmm they are related....I actually would like this idea.

In my perfect Arte Johnson voice "very interesting" Wink

I'm tired of all this casting which has been happening since JFP took control, we thought MAB was bad but JFP has got her beaten. Shock We all know that this character is being developed if so, I just want an actor from one of CBS's soap NOT another one from GH or ABC...enough already. Just show some loyalty to us CBS viewers that we know and recognize.... Love Wink

In my humble opinion, JFP hasn't brought on one decent character, since coming to Y and R and I doubt she ever will. Then she lets her best actors go.

pferrando's picture
28 June 2012

She's fallen too far into the role for me to want a recast now.

Can't they just temporarily write her off, and have her return, or film ahead before she leaves.

I did not like her at first, but her dynamic with Sean C. is great.

Too many casting issues with YR (I agree harlee) have me skittish about ANYONE JFP picks.

really wrote:

TOTALLY agree. She is God awful! Totally unconvincing as fashionista Kate and way over the top as Connie.