THE WILL SAMI AND MARLENA SHOW! What happened 2\22\2012 on Days.

11 replies [Last post]
marknsprmo
marknsprmo's picture

The whole Marlena, Sami, Will scene threw me back to the best old days of soap opera. Where people played all the emotional beats. In NO other type of entertainment can we have these kinds of scenes. It is literally the stuff that real life family drama is. After YEARS (DECADES even) of events that we all saw and took sides and issues on, this scene brought into play so much. Sami's childhood, Will's childhood, Marlena being one of those supremely bad mothers, Sami being selfcentered, Will angry and bitter and pent up. Eachone fighting their own demons (both pun intended and non literal demons lol) that have plagued their lives. Would have Marlena chased after John all those years or would she have stayed at home and been a mother to Sami if she had a do over? Would she have gotten on that plane that exploded again to fly off or would she have been at home making cookies for Sami and Eric's classmates and joining PTA? Somehow I have the feeling that Marlena is a drama junkie and would have lived her life exactly how she did. Having children might not have been her best idea though. Now MOTHER EARTH Sami, however has popped out alot of kids and seems to really love them and is for the most part a good mom (comparatively speaking)when she isn't focusing on herself. BUT she made so many mistakes infront of Will and let him down so many times and his life was on edge his whole life (starting with who is his daddy? Sami kidnapping him and running away, her many disasterous relationships, embarassment of having to go to school and be taunted about Sami's latest capers that made the papers, Sami being on death row, Sami being missing, Sami being with a Dimera, ETC)
Then Sami breaking down admitting that she was so ashamed of what she had done and Marlena offering to help her. Sami flies into Marlena's arms and cries for several minutes even affecting Will's demeanor. Although I don't think that one crying session is quite enough to turn this relationship around, it did my heart good to see atleast a glimmer of Sami letting go of her resentment toward Marlena, and Marlena being there to comfort her.
Marlena's advice however fell by the wayside as Sami thinks her way (lies and deciet)is best. She just won't tell Rafe that she slept with the devil
himself, because Rafe will leave her. Never mind that Sami dumped him already lol (only Sami could have this kind of logic. And weirdly enough it makes compete sense coming from her)
I also loved today that Marlena didn't tolerate any of Will's snide remarks letting him know that he WAS not being helpfull. I loved that Sami goes OH he obeys you! After all these months of Will openly hostile towards her. I think it was supremely important that Will saw the events that took place today between his Mother and Grandmother. It might be somewhat of a breakthrough for him if he allows it to be.
I hope that Rafe gets involved with this conversation as well. I am interested in seeing if he will forgive (like Marlena suggests he will) or if he will dump Sami and turn to Carrie (as Sami believes). I am also looking forward to many more emotionally charges scenes such as this one.
The emotions were so much more heightened for me than say the cat fight between Kate and Madison was today. Although it was a very good scene with three good actors, it had a much smaller impact on me because well the fight started off screen (btw when was this affair between Ian and Kate supposed to have taken place? I can't even think of a time when it could have lol much like Kate and Bill Horton's affair)
Oh and some other stuff happened to like Austin getting jealous of Abbey ofver WI

harlee490
harlee490's picture

YES this episode was the meat of DOOL!! It was nothing but traditional family drama unfolding in front of the viewer's eyes! I was glued to my dvr and Marlena jumping Will's ass about being disrespectful toward his mother. I loved seeing a Marlena being a mother first, like you said it's a step forward to mend the relationship and this type of story can play out in real time! Good soap opera! Kudos to Days for bringing the family drama, we hadn't seen a soapy family scene in a decade like we are experiencing now in this story of family fallout between Marlena\Sami\Will...a trickle down effect.

I am not a hater of Madison. I have liked the slower growth of her character setting up now the fallout. This has great potential story because IB shines and I think he adds a good punch to the town of Salem. I like this mixing it up, with EJ is going to be his long lost kidnapped son. Stefano hasn't had a true strong opponent in sometime and this has great direction. Ian & Kate, EJ being his son, working for Victor, Madison being in this controlled marriage arrangement...soapy goodness is comin' Laughing out loud

Miry
Miry's picture

I have been missing your recaps, mark!! Wink Glad to see u back on here!!
I've been really busy lately, so I haven't had the chance to see DAYS in awhile, can someone feel me in on what I missed since mark's last entry??

Also, harlee, LOVE reading your comments I enjoy your enthusiasm, but can you please not reveal spoilers on these recap pages (unless you write spoilers 1st)! Some of us like to be surprised! (And if this long-lost son thing was already mentioned on the show, then apologies, like I said, I've missed a few).

Miry
Miry's picture

dp

marknsprmo
marknsprmo's picture

Actually it is my fault twin! I have been lazy I guess. Actually, I have had a weird schedule at work AND too many night time shows to keep up with Days properly this last week. I might try a non daily version of my recaps for a while until night time tv gets boring again lol! To write the daily recaps takes about 10 hours a week (two hours each day) if I do them daily. Which isn't bad unless you are busy! I think I might also just discuss the stuff I was interested in instead of recapping each thing that happens. For instance,I didn't discuss anything about Abbey and Austin and Carrie on this ep because well to tell you the truth, I am kinda wanting this story to move a little quicker and be more ingrossing. Just standing around watchin Austin look uncomfortable when Abby and Carrie are in the same room, and Carrie not catching on each and every time, is kinda not my thing! First off I hate over repition. Secondly I would like to see some originality with this story.
I did not mention that I enjoyed the scenes between Victor and Maggie once again. I enjoy their dynamic alot because she stands up and makes herself known and what is in her heart is not what is in Victor's. They are almost like oil and water except that they love eachother. Not too many relationships are like that on soaps and to hand such a prize to an older couple instead of the teens is a bonus. They know what to do with it!

SoapArmageddon
SoapArmageddon's picture

Mark, my only disagreement would be with the part where you called Sami a good mother. I'd say she has been a pretty decent mother to her younger kids, but she has been a dreadful mother to Will.

She basically used him as part of her support system from very early on, robbing him of his childhood in the process. I just don't think a child should be the centerpiece in whatever drama is occurring in their parents' lives and that is what Sami did to Will.

marknsprmo
marknsprmo's picture

soaparmagedeon, that is what I actually meant when I said that. And although she was a terrible example to Will, it was not from lack of trying. But she loved him for all of her faults. Sami had one problem she couldn't overcome to become a good mom to Will, she was terribly selfish.
However, I think she has been a much better mom to the other kids. Even if they do tend to visit Grandma a little too often and also end up hospitalized too.

Miry
Miry's picture

No worries, TWIN! You have gotta do what you gotta do! Wink
It is your time, and I definitely THANK YOU for it!!!!
...So whenever you feel you can spare some time to do these recaps... be them every day, every other day, weekly, on the days where there is a full moon, or just whenever you damn-well feel like it!(haha) I am pleased!
I just have a new energy when it comes to DAYS and I want to see it represented on DC in some way (as you do), and I love you (& your comments & your VAST knowledge of Days history) like a fat kid loves cake, lol!! so that's why I have been all about you doing a Days recap. But please don't take that as me pressuring you into doing them! I just miss them(you) when you don't.
Wink

marknsprmo
marknsprmo's picture

Hey Miry no pressure felt! Thanks you so much for you kind words of encouragement! I too am thrilled by what is happening on Days with the primary set of characters. It has been a long time since Days created a star and they have in Will. Plus I am excited about all the possibilities with the rest of the primary characters. The backburned ones though, while I appreciate the effort to include these characters, the stories are not on enough and the stories are suffering from them. Where is Chad and Melanie? And y not a story? Yoohoo one is a Dimera and the other practically a Kiriakis. THere ought to be a story in there somewhere. Instead they are models? And the Abby/Austin story needs juice. It would have been ever so much better had Austin actually had sex with her. Maybe he would have gotten an STD from her(nice change of pace from a pregnancy). What would happen if Abby had HPV and passed it on to Carrie through Austin? Jack has been in town for a while and not even a single escapade? He must really have that ptsd really bad to stay out of trouble for this long (wait that isnt a good excuse. Many people suffering from delayed stress have alot of trouble staying out of trouble. Anyway these are a few thoughts that could help days get even stronger.

Miry
Miry's picture

Good & you're welcome!

I do agree with what you are saying about the rest of the show. I mean, I thought Gabbi was gonna become a major bitch-torn in the side of a budding Chad & Mel... what happened to that? And I have been missing Jack & his tricks for soo long & now that he is back I am still missing him & them! What's up with that? What I would have preferred is for Abby to do what she did in tricking Austin into believing that they slept together, but for her to actually sleep with ANOTHER boy (perhaps a drunk Chad?) & to wind up preggo with THAT guys kid, whom she claims is Austin's! Haha, the Brady's & Carrrie would be like, Oh no! Not again! Wink [After all of her scheming, the truth finally coming out, the fallout with the Dimera's vs Jack/Jen & Chad vs Mel (etc.) I would want her to lose the baby that she loved & that storyline would redeem her b/c I don't like the idea of Jack & Jen's little girl being a villain. But I wouldn't mind her being one as part of her past!].

marknsprmo
marknsprmo's picture

Miry I am pretty sure that Abby will get her grimy hands on Nicole's baby. I KNOW Nicole isn't gonna want EJ near that baby so she is gonna hide her pregnancy. Abby will want to pretend to be preggers and end up stealing Nic's baby and passing it off as Austins! NOW THAT is a NOD to history lol
I understand about wanting Jack and Jens girl to be good but gotta remember there are some little bitches in that family.She is like a young Julie about 40 years ago. Or even Sami 20 years ago. So it doesn't bother me that badly that she is turning out bad.
Plus this young actress handles the bad girl stuff better than the heroinne!She is a little boring when she is good! Plus she is half Jack! So she cant be ALL good!

Miry
Miry's picture

Oh I know that family has produced some bad seeds (& Jack, is well, Jack!)... that's why I don't mind her being bad for a short time, but eventually, I'd like her to become a good girl again (due to a tragedy)...who just so happens to have an edgy past.

I hope that crap doesn't happen b/c Nic JUST DID THAT to Sami like a year ago! (& Sami did the baby-hiding thing as well). I mean, it definitely would be karma in the WORST way though, hahaha. I really wish they hadn't made her preggo again. Ugh. Some ppl just shouldn't have babies (esp. ones with bad wombs, I am tired of the miracle baby-- plus that is a solid part of their character, that longing... think Skye Chandler Quartermaine Jacks, Sam on GH, etc.), and she is definitely one of those ppl.
Plus I just like the idea of Abby tricking Chad & there being a Dimera vs Jack/Jen war. Delicious.