4. DAYS 0.9/5 (same/+.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 248,000 (-1,000/+51,000)
2. GH 208,000 (same/+81,000)
3. DAYS 168,000 (-9,000/-14,000)
4. B&B 159,000 (-21,000/+3,000)

pferrando
pferrando's picture

Great to see Y and R hold onto the ratings from the previous week, but the big news is still how much they are up over last year! 600,000 is a big story!

We'll probably see a dip for last week, but it'll be expected after their anniversary shows.

A year ago last week, they had fallen to a very scary 3,960,000!

harlee490
harlee490's picture

Oh hell yea, Y&R added another 44k to last week's 365k! That pulled them in 3.5 total which has been rare for the last 3 years. Just keep in the plus rather 1k or 300k viewers Positive Wink

I knew GH would be having a stellar week with their build-up for their own anniversary and expect next week GH's ratings will be even better. Kudos to GH! Party

All soaps are healthy again and moving forward adjusting to all the upheaval with soaps being cancelled since '09...they are recovering and competing with other entertainment talk shows, game shows, judge shows, etc and definitely still pulling in the ratings on all demos once again Love

Bartman202

"Y & R" is moving up, up, up!! 8c)

For all you naysayers who have blasted and crucified the current EP over what she has done with soaps in the past, I think the #s speak for themselves! So glad to have a seperate EP and head writer in place I/O one person doing the whole job (which Josh Griffith has stated that no one person could do both jobs and do them well). Need I remind you all of LML and MAB??

Speaking of MAB, wonder what the former EP/HW/show killer thinks of all this...??? No matter - I am happy with what I'm seeing on my screen and I'm just glad she is no longer there to ruin her father-in-law's legacy!!

pferrando
pferrando's picture

Bartman...it's sad that a "Bell" couldn't keep the vision going. I was pretty skeptical about Jill at first.

I guess you could say I'm still cautious when it comes to some of her decisions, but I do like the direction Josh has taken the writing, and I'm thrilled with the numbers.

If the show could hit a 3.6 I think that would be a true milestone for the show since it hadn't been there in quite some time.

stoney07
stoney07's picture

I'm so glad about these numbers!!!!! SOOOOOO freakin glad!!!!

Actually, Y&R hit a 4.0 in 2011...but it wasn't sustained at all. The ratings were horrible, then they jumped up when "Cane" was "killed" outside Colin and Jill's wedding.

And after that, they bled out even worse than they were before...and never rebounded. The writing just got worse and worse. SMH

Restless Fan
Restless Fan's picture

I'm happy to see Y&R is more consistent as well as being up in the ratings. Maria's writing hit an all time low last year along with the shows numbers. Things looked bleak back then so it's great the upswing is in effect a year later.

As for GH I'm happy their numbers are up. I have been recording the show for about 2 months now. I have to admit that up until a few weeks ago I just couldn't get into GH. The show was a mix of good (Duke/Anna and Frisco/Felicia) and bad (Laura's under whelming return and the vampire story)It will be interesting to see how the show moves forward after all the hoopla surrounding their 50th. In any event it's great that people are talking about soaps again.

stoney07
stoney07's picture

I just started watching GH...but I'm happy the ratings are up. I couldn't get into the show either...AT ALL. I found it completely underwhelming because of the way so many people were praising its every move. When I watched, I was expecting something spectacular, but what I got was like...idk. Can't describe it.

But I admit, I slowly am liking the show better. I like the lighter, funnier moments from GH. That seems to be what this show does best. The action scenes, like with Helena, Laura, Luke, and Ethan was just...idk. Kind of silly to me and I didn't feel any suspense around it. But all this stuff around the nurses ball has been great to me. I don't know a lot of the history, but I still finding it entertaining.

Just glad the soaps are doing better!!!

Yoryla
Yoryla's picture

Yay! So happy for GH + thank God the ratings are up from the previous week. I was getting worried that all the effort they have been making towards the 50th wouldn't show in the ratings at all. So I am now extremely glad! Smile

Happy for Y&R + other soaps for their rises aswell, all + numbers on any soap is always a good thing, considering the overall landscape of the soap industry. Obviously Y&R is being handled well these days, since the ratings are up and people seem to like it. Good for them/you.

SoapArmageddon
SoapArmageddon's picture

Good numbers all around.

Y&R is doing the thing. GH was fun to watch during that week and it still is. I'm surprised B&B took a slight dip. I actually care about B&B again. It's been a while.

Days needs to ease up on that terrible triangle they have on day after freaking day. Their ratings will probably go way down due to how bad it was last week.

Bartman202

stoney07 wrote:
I'm so glad about these numbers!!!!! SOOOOOO freakin glad!!!!

Actually, Y&R hit a 4.0 in 2011...but it wasn't sustained at all. The ratings were horrible...they jumped up when "Cane" was "killed" outside Colin and Jill's wedding...And after that, they bled out even worse than they were before...and never rebounded. The writing just got worse and worse. SMH

Because Maria Arena Bell was a horrible, horrible storyteller!! All we (the viewers) got from her plot-driven, plagiarized reign of terror was:

- SORAS'ed kids to the point where they were practically the same age as the parents!
- characters claiming to be offspring of characters (Daisy & Ryder) who never, ever could have hooked up long enough to have had them (Sheila Carter & Tom Fisher as the parents of 20+ y o Ryder & Daisy??? PUL-EEZE!!)
- badly conceived, plotted and convoluted murder 'mysteries' (the "Who killed Diane Jenkins" storyline was a complete mess and a total fiasco, both to the show and the viewers!!)
- death by volcano (so long, Skye!!)
- WAY too much stunt-casting (Eric Roberts, Sean Young, Brett Butler - people who no business being in Genoa City AT ALL!!)
- the decimation of the Sharon Newman character (poor Sharon Case!!)

I'm just glad the show has gone back to character-driven story!! I actually recognize many of my favorite characters again!!

Personally Stoney, I wish it WAS Cane who was gunned down back then - this LML holdover needs to go!!!

harlee490
harlee490's picture

This is why Y&R's ratings are growing...I just watched again Y&R's episode on CBS and Monday's (April Cool was very very good! Big smile

The scenes with Adam...I like how everyone connected to Adam is having their own individual scene with him and it making so enjoyable and rich to watch!!

Victor, the best how they continued into today's show and EB & MM was amazing together in those father\son awkward moments and both trying to reach out.
Nikki, & Adam was my favorite when MTS slips into the that bitch-mode Nikki skin is just delicious TV..."I'm as ruthless as my husband"! Shock Nikki isn't plum dumb, she has learned a thing or two from being around Victor Wink

Loving Chavez putting the handcuffs on Wheeler, loving him & Abby more and more together...Wheeler's face about being arrested for the murder of Belinda Rogan not Victor's wedding happenings was priceless! Then you have Victor\Marcus calling each other SOBs and that whole scene...LOVE IT! EB & MP plays SOOOO well off of one another Love

Enjoyed Dylan & Chelsea scenes talking then with Victoria.

Nikki & Victoria bonding over the baby news, Nikki agreeing to hold out on telling Victor momentarily. Just a great scene with MTS & AH. Innocent

My favorite is ole Chestie Newman and her shenanigans with Kyle! I know some don't like Hunter I personally do and was just smiling ear to ear. Especially when Kyle was talking about Phack getting back together it would be like "Greg & Marsha Brady"...Summer "Who"....Kyle "The Brady Bunch" Summer clueless "Who"....I howled!!!! Summer scheming on her laptop...she's so Phyllis!! Love This will be fun to watch Phyllis get out manic watching Summer discover her sexuality....it will be great to watch MS will be playing those scenes!! Love Love

How is this connected to ratings...proof why Y&R is in a growth period Damn Good Stories right now!!! Wink

pferrando
pferrando's picture

I just got a stomach ache after reading Bartman's "All About Maria..."

Those definitely were her lowlights... yikes...to be reminded.

Anyway, so far those days are behind us! I mentioned the 3.6 because if the show could climb and maintain that share, it would point to sustained growth.

I think Feb's sweeps shows, and the 40th helped create some much needed buzz for Y and R, and hopefully showcased the new direction in writing.

I think it also proves (and sorry SB fans), that the stories I feel are driving these ratings are those with Nikki and Victor, Adam, Michael/Lauren/Carmine and the Wheeler tale. There are other good things happening to, but those have been front and center. So far the Dylan character is NOT what's driving the rates gains.

pferrando
pferrando's picture

Gosh, sorry for the typos. For an English major, it's pathetic... Tongue

harlee490
harlee490's picture

LMFAO at the second comment Pferrando...your Catholic boy rearings are showing confessing your typos....I loved it! Big smile Beer

harlee490
harlee490's picture

Now the post you spoke about at the top Pferrando, ITA the combination of sweeps going into the 40th, CBS promoted Y&R in very social media ways with some traditional...which worked! It did create a buzz and synergy for Y&R and is showcasing how it has turned around because of good writing highlighting the many strengths of what Y&R brings to the table and reason for being and staying at #1, veterans still there in story delving into stories again to rejuvenate characters coming out of their characters not plot situated circumstance.

Keep on growing Y&R... Love

pferrando
pferrando's picture

Keeping my fingers crossed... Wink