Ratings for the Week of June 3-7 , 2013

53 replies [Last post]
pferrando
pferrando's picture

From SON
Report for the Week of June 3-7, 2013

NOTE: DAYS did not air on Thursday and Friday due to French Open Tennis

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1, Y&R 4,489,000 (-158,000/+181,000)
2. B&B 3,439,000 (-151,000/+378,000)
3. GH 2,468,000 (-183,000/+128,000)
4. DAYS 2,384,000 (-443,000/-151,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/11 (-.2/same)
2. B&B 2.5/8 (-.1/+.3)
3. DAYS 1.9/6 (-.2/same)
3. GH 1.9/6 (-.1/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 842,000 (-39,000/+2,000)
2. B&B 690,000 (-46,000/+12,000)
3. DAYS 586,000 (-59,000/+39,000)
4. GH 557,000 (-95,000/-25,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (-.1/same)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (-.1/same)
3. DAYS 0.9/6 (-.1/same)
3. GH 0.9/6 (-.1/same)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 230,000 (-8,000/+2,000)
2. GH 174,000 (-54,000/+24,000)
3. B&B 158,000 (-19,000/-41,000)
4. DAYS 145,000 (-48,000/-18,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (same/same)
2. B&B 0.5 (same/-.1)
2. GH 0.5 (-.2/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.4 (-.2/-.1)

pferrando
pferrando's picture

While the shows were down over the previous week. Most are still maintaining their increase over last year.

Was surprised to see Days drop that much.

Yoryla
Yoryla's picture

The DAYS drop is hideous!!! Those numbers have taken into account the fact that they weren't aired in two days, right? They must have. I can't imagine how the numbers could have dropped this much from the excellent week before.

willxsonny

Yes it was cause if you go to soap opera network the ratings were going up from Monday thru Wednesday they were going up and by Friday they could have been third if they wouldn't have aired 2 days

david46208
david46208's picture

These two comments from SON on the ratings says it all

"I see GH still hasn't connected the dots. Not even Maura West can turn that ship around."

and

"You mean to tell me that the great and powerful Roger Howarth being on every single day with this great story written by the wonderful savior Ron Carlavati didn't get GH over 3 million viewers. This story is so great and Howarth has more fans than any other actor ever in the history of soaps. These ratings have got to be wrong. There is no way that the whole world didn't tune in to see the great Franco being transformed into the savior of Port Charles."

Ha! They got it right down to the hat!

SoapArmageddon
SoapArmageddon's picture

The Days ratings fall looks bad; but I'm positive those are not numbers that anybody at NBC or Sony is worrying over. For one thing, numbers almost always go down at the end of a sweeps period. For another, the tennis interruption came at a really bad time.

I'm actually more worried by Y&R's drop. I'm not in panic mode; but I'm starting to see a downward trend under JFP and I'm hoping they re-think this strategy of trying to save money by hiring new people and cutting back on the vets.

I didn't have any time or genuine interest in watching GH during this period.

B&B wasn't bad at all.

Again, ratings usually go down after sweeps. Nothing to panic over yet.

hey mon
hey mon's picture

Looks like the ratings under JFP&JG are pretty MAB-ish.

noway

Heymon,

You just aren't going to give MAB a rest are ya! Cool Big smile Evil

pferrando
pferrando's picture

Y and R for the most part has trended above MAB's numbers (total viewers). Not by a huge amount, but 3-5%. Their 18-49 demo has been mostly flat.

There are a couple of weeks coming up at the end of June where they hit 4.5 mil viewers last year, so that'll be a test. Otherwise their numbers last year were averaging AROUND 4.35 mil.

They need a big event (like the return of Dru) to get them much above where they are now.

david46208
david46208's picture

@hey mon: The ratings are overall up. Sorry more facts for you:

Maria's last run:

2011–2012 Season
1. The Young and the Restless 3.5
2. The Bold and the Beautiful 2.4
3. One Life to Live 2.1 (Final Season; ended January 13, 2012)
4. Days of our Lives 2.0
4. General Hospital 2.0

Josh and Jill
2012–2013 Season as of June 2, 2013
1. The Young and the Restless 3.6
2. The Bold and the Beautiful 2.6
3. General Hospital 2.2
4. Days of our Lives 2.1

See the difference a writing and production team makes. You'll never be able to argue against the facts that the show started at a 4.2 right before Maria was brought in and dropped 3 points within her first year on board to a 3.9 then even further until she left us with a 3.5.

Josh and Jill have us up a ratings point overall. So that is good.

They have been working hard to fix the 5 year mess that Maria left in the living room.

So what were all those fans who tuned out under Maria Bell's tenure's problem? I'm curious to know how such an Academy worthy (sarcasm) Y&R from your argument loses in the ratings in such a big way and then gains a full ratings point once she leaves?

Yorla feel free to butt in. I'm waiting to see what your educated response is too.

Because a soap that was so wonderful under the Maria Arena Bell years should have been up in the ratings. People should have been tuning in like it was Scandal or Mad Men.

I mean Glasses I just can't comprehend why the numbers don't match your enthusiasm for Maria? Can you enlighten me Jack Abbot? Victor is waiting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isvOxZitLRs Cool Grade Hat

pferrando
pferrando's picture

David...to be fair...all the soaps dropped during that period.

MAB was no worse than Lynn.

We all need to be grateful, I think, now that the writing is character driven like it was BEFORE Lynn the Loon took over.

david46208
david46208's picture

@pferrando: LML was there for less than 16 months and the show maintained a 4.2 It dropped to a 4.2 from a 4.4, 2 years before LML came aboard. So she didn't oversee any ratings decline. She just maintained the 4.2.

John F. Smiths tenure:

2003–2004
1. The Young and the Restless 4.4
2. The Bold and the Beautiful 3.3
3. General Hospital 3.2
4. Days of Our Lives 3.1
5. All My Children 2.9
5. As the World Turns 2.9
7. One Life to Live 2.8
8. Guiding Light 2.4
9. Passions 2.0
10. Port Charles 1.6 (Final Season)

2004–2005
1. The Young and the Restless 4.2
2. The Bold and the Beautiful 3.2
3. General Hospital 3.0
4. All My Children 2.9
5. One Life To Live 2.7
5. As the World Turns 2.7
5. Days of Our Lives 2.7
8. Guiding Light 2.3
9. Passions 1.9

2005–2006
2. The Bold and the Beautiful 3.2
3. General Hospital 2.7
4. All My Children 2.6
4. As the World Turns 2.6 (50th Anniversary Season)
4. Days of Our Lives 2.6
4. One Life to Live 2.6
8. Guiding Light 2.2
9. Passions 1.6

LML tenure
2006–2007 Season
2. The Bold and the Beautiful 3.0
3. General Hospital 2.7
4. One Life to Live 2.4
4. All My Children 2.4
6. As The World Turns 2.3
6. Days of Our Lives 2.3
8. Guiding Light 2.1
9. Passions 1.5 (last NBC episode: September 7, 2007; moved to DirecTV's The 101 Network on September 17, and ended on August 7, 2008)

So from a numbers point of view LML had no effect on the ratings Maria did.

pferrando
pferrando's picture

YR 4.2
BB 3.2
GH 2.7
DAYS 2.6

YR 3.5
BB 2.4
GH 2.0
DAYS 2.0

Percentage wise it looks like BB and GH fell the most. Followed by DAYS and then YR.

david46208
david46208's picture

@pferrando: If you see above the ratings dropped before and after LML. Essentially she maintained the same ratings. Sony wanted the rating to increase and they remained stagnant under LML. No movement at all.

And yes B&B and GH dropped the most. Sad during that time it was.

pferrando
pferrando's picture

But you are solely blaming her for the ratings drop when all the shows dropped. Yeah it continued downward in quality in story telling, but good ole Lynn started that.

You can't single MAB out for the ratings drop.

david46208
david46208's picture

@pferrando: You can for Y&R if we are comparing her to LML then we see no movement from LML. For other soaps we can look at the writing and EP that caused them to rise or fall. But that is a different assessment for other shows.

hey mon
hey mon's picture

Jill Farren Phelps is no good, but I am sure that the Show is far more profitable than it was under Maria Bell. Maria cared about paying for quality veterans like Melody Thomas Scott to be on every day, keeping Michelle Stafford happy, and showcasing Eric Braeden.

Once the whole 'Summer's Daddy' s/l is over, it truly will be Jill's show, and we will all see what happens. I hope that she keeps the Dylan drum-beat going strong. Dylan having his sticky little fingers (and something else) in everyone's pie (and of course now, their coffee, too, since he owns Crimson Lights).

Keeping Carmine around walking around without a shirt on will only go so far. And we'll see what happens when Red leaves town.

Cause nuAbby (yawn), nuKyle (yawn), [who would have ever thunk that Marcy Rylan and Blake Hood would be replaced by these 2 yahoos is beyond me]. It is creepy when Hunter Haley King is actress propping up a story-line.

Subtract out the ratings for Jeanne Cooper's death, and really the numbers are all that great. But it is really a good show for, once again, the kooky, crazy hi-jinks of Chloe and Kevin, or the antics of Dylan, Avery, and Chelsea.

pferrando
pferrando's picture

David...I love ya like I love my luggage... Smile

But if we use that logic you could say that Maria actually should be credited for maintaining the most percentage of its share of any of the remaining soaps during her tenure!

Almost all of us DO agree though that we miss any writer pre-2006. So I'm stopping here before we bore anyone else with our ratings and numbers. Plus I don't want hey mon mad at us.

stoney07
stoney07's picture

I don't like JFP...But I like Josh Griffith being the headwriter.
I like NuAbby, HATE NuKyle. Dislike Dylan and Chelsea.

I wouldn't mind Chloe and Kevin if they had another story besides money issues.

But aside from that...Y&R to me is lightyears above anything I've seen since 2008. I think 2008 was a really good year for the show, and prior to that, was 2006.

Yoryla
Yoryla's picture

david46208 wrote:

So what were all those fans who tuned out under Maria Bell's tenure's problem?

And? That doesn't mean anything. In the same breath you could ask what is the problem for all the fans tuning out *now* and saying how this show doesn't resemble the Y&R they know anymore? There are a LOT of vocal fans who have no interest in the current Y&R.

Why "thank you" for the invite, that was exactly what I was waiting for.

noway

JFP, her testicle lock box and #1 boy just need to go.

The cast is way over loaded and we get more each day, half the time by the updates I don't even feel compelled to watch, because dialogue between character's I don't care about means nothing to me.

hey mon
hey mon's picture

Well Dave, you have gotten your wish.

My daughter really likes Y&R right now. Oh boy! My 18-yr old daughter likes JFP's Y&R. So we were chatting earlier today, and she quipped, in between talking about Lane, 'Dad I know you're upset that Noah's Grandmother isn't on every day, but it is the YOUNG and the Restless'.

People, you know you are old, when your 18-yr old daughter describes Nikki Newman as 'Noah's Grandmother'.

david46208
david46208's picture

@hey mon: lol...Good good!

hey mon
hey mon's picture

So there, you see David, JFP is fulfilling her destiny with SONY and CBS. Teen and early 20-year old girls like 'The New Y&R', and they are responding in droves.

Kooky crazy hi-jinks of Summer, Courtney, and Kyle. Mature women like Nikki being an adviser to her children, and not much else (a la Alice Horton on DAYS). All the vets disappearing 1-by-1. Michelle Stafford will be gone in 2 weeks, bye Red. 'Hollywood Heights'-rejects replacing established daytime actors/actresses, like Abby Carlton Newman (Melissa Ordway replacing Marcy Rylan).

And most importantly -- Dylan!!

lightbringer
lightbringer's picture

The tragedy is that these young people have no idea what is good "Soap Opera".

The issue with me is not the age of the characters: Jill and the Foster family were all young, when they were introduced(plus the Brooks') to the audiences in the early 70's; what has changed--for me-- is the quality of the show. www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikzaXf8nqhc

Hey Mon, show you daughter ole "grandma" when we met her in the 70's
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di4I3O3or1A

Ironically, the past three female Executive producers have destroyed a show that was a product of the "old boys network" whose influence died when Nick Newman's plane went down(last episode with Ed Scott)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcRD4bxSn-g

I just wish someone would bring the "Opera" back to this soap!

david46208
david46208's picture

@Yoryla: No you can't. The ratings are overall up 1 point then they were under MAB at the end of her run. Those ratings I posted above are yearly averages. The yearly average of Y&R to date as of now is a 3.6. So you need to know more before you get into the discussion. I'm discussing statics over the long term. Not from one week to the next. There are going to be weeks when soaps ratings are up and some when they down. That is a given. But when the overall ratings for a soap is up or down that is the teller of everything. And Y&R is up overall.

And yet when the ratings were down-overall that was an indicator of fans overall dissatisfaction of MAB's work. And the fact that they bounced back a point (so far) also shows that there are fans were willing to come back if the show is written correctly. Though sometimes you can lose fans that will never return because of a writers mess. That will be left to be seen.

So we're in a good place. Get it? Got it? Good!

And one more time: "You put your business acumen next to mines and we see how they stack up!" - Victor Newman to Jack.

stoney07
stoney07's picture

I still fail to see how the "vets" aren't being used.

I agree, Nikki's MS story has been non-existent. But aside from that...who is really being ignored?

Paul is being used more now than ever under MAB. Neil is being used twenty times more, we're actually seeing Jill from time to time. Michelle Stafford QUIT (probably to go flying to GH where the cast ISN'T overloaded, and where the writers don't have favorites *sarcasm*). But aside from MS quitting, who has been let go in favor of a newbie? What longterm vet has been written out of the show? Because what I See on my screen is...

Michael and Lauren involved in their first worthy storyline in over 4 years.
Jack Abbott and Phyllis Summers being involved in a storyline that is based on the HISTORY of the show.
Traci ABbott back in town.
Victor no longer the mustache twirling villain, but moreso the tough/no-nonsense asshole he was at first with the occasional kindhearted moment Smile

I just think its kind of nonsensical to say Y&R is all newbies, when there are way more legacy characters and vets than there are newbies.

Abby was recast because ER went to GH (on her own choice). Yes, ER should've been placed on contract, but she WAS being used. And the same could be said for all the freakin vets that are on recurring on GH. But I won't go there.

Kyle I just don't like.

Chelsea was already a character before JFP. As was Avery.

SOOOO in all, if we really look at it, Tyler, Mason, Dylan, and Alex are the only characters we have that are actual "newbies".

We are blaming Josh Griffith for giving people who have been on the show for 2 and 3 years an actual BACKSTORY. Leslie MIchaelson is NOT really a newbie. She's been on for like 3 freakin years! LOL. Avery's been on for at LEAST 2 years.

I just find that there are a lot of double standards on this site depending on the soap of choice. That's all I'm sayin'...

Yoryla
Yoryla's picture

Don't try to sell me that Victor vs. Jack crap - Victor was never a real winner, to most people Jack has always been the real winner, while Victor is the old scrooge - is that you david?!

pferrando
pferrando's picture

Stoney, I agree with everything you say, except Paul isn't on very much, especially after his story with Ricky which was under Maria.

And I still don't get the neglect of Nikki.

With the exception of April, there has been a decent balance. I just don't like the days when it's heavy on the recasts and newer characters all in the same scene or worse, show.

But lately I've really been liking it a lot. But GOD I still miss the old score.

stoney07
stoney07's picture

I miss the old score too.

But let's not forget...with Paul, his biggest story was Ricky. We went an incredibly long time without "Paul" even being around. He was in and out for the entire time "Mary Jane Benson" was lurking around. Then when we learned she was Patty, we saw a little more of him. But even THEN, their interactions were limited. The only time we really saw Paul was in those mental hospital scenes. Then we go another period of time without him, and then Ricky pops up.

I really think that if we compare time Paul is being shown now compared to before, now outweighs it for me. And the guy doesn't even have his own storyline yet. But at least he has an office again, he actually WORKS, he has a partner, etc. I think that kind of gives him roots in GC again. Because before, it sucked to see him working out of a laptop at Crimson Lights.

pferrando
pferrando's picture

He needs Chris back...and then Jamie needs to mysteriously show back up. Yes, I'm glad he's got an office. And it's actually a new set that I like!

Plus it means more Chavez. Such a hot dude.

hey mon
hey mon's picture

Lauren is getting a doppleganger again? There is someone lurking around that looks like her.

Yoryla
Yoryla's picture

See, I'm not feeling Chavez that much aswell. He could have some potential, but at first I would like for JG to stop writing all the men, especially the newbies as such assholes. I mean Tyler is beyond full of himself, and Chavez, although in a different way, is acting like a jackass aswell. I get that since he's a cop, it's probably even realistic. But this is the reason why I like/love characters like Jack and Paul. They have their moments of being weak, emotional, or arrogant (like when fighting with Victor) but mostly they are sensible, rational and calm. That's what I want to see.

And another thing is, like Bill Bell always intended it to be, that if you bring in a newbie, tie it to existing, legacy characters, that people know. Do NOT tie them into other newbies. That's what's one problem in this scenario. Even though Abby is not a newbie as a character - the actress is new. It means Chavez' face is actually more familiar to the audience than Abby's. That's why I think it also worked better when Emme Rylan was still as Abby. There was an existing, legacy character with a familiar face + a newbie. This is also the reason why I can't feel anything towards Abby and Tyler. Two unfamiliar facess to me, neither of which I really care about at this point.

With Chloe and Chavez on the other hand, the problem is that Chloe, even though not an unfamiliar face, has been segregated so far down the ranking of importance in storylines and prominence that that doesn't work for me either. She is almost as good as a newbie, because her character is these days so unrecognizable from what she was, and is not utilized anywhere. There's no oomph in that kind of storytelling. If they put them together, they would just linger.

One of the reasons I think that the Lauren/Carmine thing was so exciting and worked as a storylines, is that all of the elements were in place. Familiar, veteran characters, who had been happily married for a long time - then bam, comes in a handsome, exciting stranger, offering Lauren excitement she hadn't felt in years! Combine that with Lauren's memories of her VERY exciting youth, it's perfectly plausible and understandable why Lauren fell for Carmine's charm. She wanted to feel that youthful excitement again.

hey mon
hey mon's picture

YoryLA, dont forget about Dylan. Adam and Avery are sitting around talking about Dylan. On Tuesday, Anita and Chelsea stood around the whole episode conversing about Dylan. And who owns Sharon and Nick's coffeehouse? Dylan.

I am seeing a Jill and Dylan hook up. That would actually be interesting, but JFP would never go for it.

Yoryla
Yoryla's picture

Yes, I was perplexed about the Lauren doppelganger rumor, haven't we had enough of THOSE already? Guess JFP isn't that much better than MAB *Cough!*

Mon, I *want* to forget about Dylan. Can't stand to see the sight of him, Avery or Chelsea. Just not interested at ALL. From the day it was announced that SB was coming on board, it was plain as day that this show would eventually revolve around him, just like GH revolved around Jason. Only the people unfamiliar with JFP didn't think that would happen.

And what a crying shame it was to ruin Chelsea and Avery this way - I actually liked them under MAB. Then they were supporting, as they should be.

pferrando
pferrando's picture

What's this doppleganger rumor? Where did you hear, read about it?

david46208
david46208's picture

@everyone: No! That is likely Rose, the redhead who was connected to Tyler and Leslie's father Gus.

david46208
david46208's picture

@Yoryla: I don't need to sell you the victor and Jack crap (as you called it), because you can't debate the facts. And that will get me called arrogant (by you). Yet, since the facts on my side that will be the best you can do.

Word of advice: Bring your A game next time because this C quality work of yours is no match. Cool

stoney07
stoney07's picture

Oh lawd!!! O_O

Well, I for one don't find the show to be bad. I don't find it to be boring. I don't see the vets as being pushed to the side. I don't see where this huge conspiracy is going on. I can't complain about recasts when the actor(Drunk decide to leave.

To me, the common denominator is Dylan. Because for a while there, Y&R was getting some much needed and deserved positivity on this site, until Steve Burton came on. LOL. And while I don't think Dylan is eating up the show the way people describe, I do find him boring. But when he came on, then the negativity resumed.

I don't have a problem with negativity (believe it or not). I just like to look at all things considered. JFP and JG have been airing since October. Since then, NOT ONE vet has been fired. The "bloodbath" at Y&R consisted of characters that didn't work anyway for the most part. I personally didn't mind Genevieve, but I'd rather she had gone than Nikki or Jack. But aside from YoHarmony, Genevieve, Tucker, Heather...no one has been let go.

People like NuAbby, Summer, etc are on RECURRING. And they are ALL legacy characters.

Now when we start getting entire weeks of Dylan/Chelsea and nothing else, then I'll cry loud and spare not. LOL. Until then, I just don't see what's so friggin wrong about the show right now. I really don't. I think people give Y&R a harder time because it's number 1. NOw it if were number 4, it would be given much more slack, and I don't think that's fair. Because in reality, a lot of the negativity does more harm than good...at least in my eyes. There's a reason why soaps started REALLY declining when the internet became this popular, and its not because all the writers changed...

hey mon
hey mon's picture

David, the facts are NOT on your side. You just wont see reality.

The show is Jill's show, and she lets Josh write some dialog. Big eff-ing deal.

Neil isnt on much, Nikki is gone. Jack is on as 'Kyle's Dad'.

Everyone else is an add-on for Dylan McAlvoy.

Oh, and there is a #ell of a lot of boring-as-#ell Tyler on. Red Williams need to be fired ASAP. His character is a MILF-hunting joke. Lose the obssession with Lily- Please!

david46208
david46208's picture

@hey mon: The numbers don't lie. Y&R is up a ratings point over the previous year under MAB. Those are facts you cannot deny. Don't make me repeat the other ratings data. That you can't deny either. So whether you like it currently or not does not change the facts that the ratings are up year-to-date.

When Maria ran the show it went from a 4.2 to a 3.5. Now now that Josh and Jill are there the show increased from a 3.5 to a 3.6 year-to-date in the ratings. And when new season (in soaps terms) starts in July, it will end its year up a ratings point.

Sorry dude you lose again! Crown

My Rap: You might come for the crown/But you find yourself back at the ground! Party

noway

David

Considering the shit MAB was shoveling this time last year a 3.5 to 3.6 isn't impressive in the least.

stoney07
stoney07's picture

hey mon wrote:

Neil isnt on much, Nikki is gone. Jack is on as 'Kyle's Dad'. Everyone else is an add-on for Dylan McAlvoy. Oh, and there is a #ell of a lot of boring-as-#ell Tyler on. Red Williams need to be fired ASAP. His character is a MILF-hunting joke. Lose the obssession with Lily- Please!

Neil isn't on much? Under Maria Bell who I didn't hate, but under HER, how many times in her entire run did we see Neil on 3 times a week? He wasn't on more than twice a week when Malcolm was introduce, when he was sleeping with Tyra, when he was doing Harmony, when he was doing Sophia, etc...we saw Neil at MOST twice a week. There were months and months where we didn't see Neil AT ALL.
The actor himself even had to come out and speak about it because it had gotten ridiculous. It made me believe there was something "else" going on there for every story to be in full swing except every story that involved the black characters. Neil is on a million times more now than he was under MAB.

Jack is more than just Kyle's dad. Jack is about to be thrust into a MAJOR story involving Summer's paternity. And let's not forget, Jack JUST got over his very own storyline with the pills. They are rebuilding the ABbotts with Traci, and now Summer, we got Kyle (even tho he sucks), and I'm sure they're gonna bust their asses to either get back ED or recast. So yeah, Jack is definitely more than just Kyle's dad.

NIKKI IS GONE!!!! No debate from me there at all. LOL

As for Redaric Williams, well...I can't comment for my own reasons. But I don't think he's boring. I think he just needs a chance. He's grown a lot even from when he started.

david46208
david46208's picture

@noway: It is impressive for several reasons:

1. That the show could bounce back from Ma' Hell's writing.
2. That in an age where soaps were considered dead that Y&R among the remaining network soaps could increase its viewership, is something not to take lightly.

You have to remember that the alarm was sounding that soaps were on a rope. So the increase for Y&R means more than just about Ma' Hell, but something for the genre in general.

But yeah she was shoving more shit than a herd of cows. Hhehe...

Santa_Barbara_4Ever
Santa_Barbara_4Ever's picture

I don't care for SB at all as an actor and I don't care at all for Dylan as a character. Of all the people in JFP work history relationships, why the f*** did she choose to bring him to Y&R??

JFP usually has a habit of killing off a major character towards the beginning of her era on a show. Do you think Phyllis will be killed off since MS decided to leave?? Wouldn't be the first red head that got killed by JFP and sent fans in an uproar.....Ahem...Another World Frankie Frame anyone??

Mad props to JFP for the Eden Capwell Rape storyline (Marcy Walker) on Santa Barbara... She forever has my respect for that! That was edge of your seat must see tv throughout!!! Come on Jill,,,,give us something GREAT like that!!

david46208
david46208's picture

May 2013 Episode Rankings
A total of 22 episodes aired this month.

1. Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin) 15
2. Marco Dapper (Carmine Basco) 14
*. Michael Muhney (Adam Newman) 14
4. Tracey E. Bregman (Lauren Baldwin) 13
*. Max Ehrich (Fen Baldwin) 13
*. Joshua Morrow (Nick Newman) 13
7. Greg Rikaart (Kevin Fisher) 12
8. Steve Burton (Dylan McAvoy) 11
*. Angell Conwell (Leslie Michaelson) 11
*. Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe Fisher) 11
*. Billy Miller (Billy Abbott) 11
*. Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Summers) 11
13. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) 10
*. Jessica Collins (Avery Clark) 10
*. Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea Lawson) 10
*. Amelia Heinle (Victoria Abbott) 10
*. Hunter King (Summer Newman) 10
18. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) 9
*. Sharon Case (Sharon Collins) 9
*. Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters) 9
*. Redaric Williams (Tyler Michaelson) 9
22. Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) 8
*. Christel Khalil (Lily Ashby) 8
*. Hartley Sawyer (Kyle Jenkins) 8
25. Daniel Goddard (Cane Ashby) 7
*. Beth Maitland (Traci Connolly) 7
27. Ignacio Serricchio (Alex Chavez) 5
28. Kelli Goss (Courtney) 4
*. Melissa Ordway (Abby Newman) 4
*. Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman) 4
*. Jess Walton (Jill Fenmore) 4
32. Robert Adamson (Noah Newman) 3
*. Bryton James (Devon Hamilton) 3
*. Ann Magnuson (Madame Miranda) 3
35. Tatyana Ali (Roxanne) 2
*. Zack Conroy (Oliver Jones) 2
*. Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) 2
*. Jerry Douglas (John Abbott) 2
*. Leigh McCloskey (Dr. Kurt Costner) 2
*. Shi Ne Nielson (Sheryl Gordon) 2
*. Sophie Pollono (Delia Abbott) 2
*. Tony Todd (Gus Rogan) 2
*. Lorraine Toussaint (Dr. Watkins) 2
44. Lamon Archey (Mason Wilder) 1
*. Catherine Bach (Anita Lawson) 1
*. Michael Fairman (Patrick Murphy) 1
*. Kate Linder (Esther Valentine) 1

pferrando
pferrando's picture

David,

Where did you get this info from? I'm sure it would be labor intensive, but it'd be interesting not only to see how many episodes they were in but actual scenes per show.

For example today Paul was on, but only in two brief scenes. So the fact that he'd get a hash mark when our Stevo was on in multiple scenes doesn't balance out for me.

And again what a complete joke that MTS appeared as much as Courtney. Fire this woman already so that Josh can write.

Of course the only other thing that sticks out to me is the number of episodes that Burton was in.

david46208
david46208's picture

@pferrando: They don't break it down by scenes, but by episode. But I have a friend who does all this mess and post it online in forums. So he sent me the list for Y&R.

I like the fact that there is more of a balance with the actors.

pferrando
pferrando's picture

Yes. May was better than April, and I think June is even more balanced. I'm
seeing my Nikki more.

david46208
david46208's picture

@pferrando: One of the benefits of being of a lower pay-grade is that you get used more... MTS is at like 900,000 in her contract. Braeden is like 1.2 million. So they will naturally be slowed down due to budget crunches for actors who come at 80k.

I know as much as we don't like Steve he is about in Joshua Marrow's pay grade.

Yoryla
Yoryla's picture

Sorry, david Smile You must either be working for JFP, or have a personal agenda for doing such heavy promoting for this laughable regime. And as such, your posts have no validity in here. Bye! Smile