Forums Talk Shows & Game Shows 2011 your in daytime thoughts?
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    816 Posts

Let’s put together our own list of what was hot in 2011. So share your favorites in these categories:

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actress: Debbie Morgan (Angie, All My Children)

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actor: Darnell Williams (Jessie Hubbard, AMC)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actress: Cady McClain (Dixie Cooney Martin, AMC)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actor: Jacob Young (JR Chandler, AMC)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actress: Lexie Annisworth (Lexi Ainsworth, Kristina Davis, General Hospital)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actor: Chandler Massey (Will Horton, Days of Our Lives)

Favorite Storyline in 2011: Jesse passes baby Ellie off as his and Angie’s daughter. (AMC)

Most Emmy Deserving Soap in 2011: All My Children

Most Emmy Deserving Soap for Writing in 2011: All My Children

Favorite New Character 2011: Sarah Brown as Madison James (DOOL)

Favorite Couple in 2011: Jesse and Angie (AMC)

Favorite Reveal: Angie learns her baby died. (AMC)

Favorite Villain: EJ Dimera (DOOL)

Favorite Villainess: Stephanie Forrester (The Bold and The Beautiful)

Favorite Return: Dixie (AMC)

Now on the the bad stuff:

Most Underused Talent: Renee Jones (Lexie Carver, DOOL)

Most Overused Talent: Allison Sweeney (Sami, Sami and the Rest of us aka DOOL) and Galen Gering (Rafe, Rafe’s Hope aka DOOL)

Paul Rouch’s “Best audition in 20 years” Worst Actor: Andrew Trischitta (Jack Manning, One Life To Live)

Paul Rouch’s “You’re not even worth it” Worst Actress: 3 way tie Christel Khalil and Julia Pace Mitchell and Yvonne Zema (Lily Winters Ashby, Sophia Dupre, & Daisy Carter, The Young and The Restless)

Worst New Character: Genie Francis as Genevieve Atkinson (Y&R)

The “Living in our last days” Worst Soap: Y&R

The “Oh Hell Naw!” Worst Storyline: Revenge of the HIV Injection (GH)

Paul Rouch’s “You just worked your last day” send a lacky to fire a good Actor/Actress Worst Firing: Lexie Annisworth (GH)

Up-Chuck Worst Couple: Cane and Lily (Y&R)

Worst Return: Diane Jenkins short run on Y&R.

And finally Soap Trend you never want to see again: Doppelgangers.

17 Posts

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actress: Debbie Morgan (Angie, All My Children)

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actor: Roger Howarth(Todd Manning, OLTL)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actress: Heather Tom(Katie Spencer, B&B)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actor: Jacob Young (JR Chandler, AMC)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actress: None

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actor: Chandler Massey (Will Horton, Days of Our Lives)

Favorite Storyline in 2011: Lucy’s custody trial (Y&R)

Favorite New Character 2011: Jessica Collins as Avery Clark(Y&R)

Favorite Couple in 2011: Jesse and Angie (AMC)

Favorite Villain: Adam Newman(Y&R)

Favorite Return: Adam/Brooke (AMC)

Most Overused Talent: the entire 4some on DOOL of ej/nicole/sami/raf
    e
    Paul Rouch’s “Best audition in 20 years” Worst Actor: Andrew Trischitta (Jack Manning, One Life To Live)

Paul Rouch’s “You’re not even worth it” Worst Actress: Julia Pace Mitchell (Sophia Dupre, The Young and The Restless)

The “Living in our last days” Worst Soap: GH

The “Oh Hell Naw!” Worst Storyline: Cane back from the Dead(Y&R)

Paul Rouch’s “You just worked your last day” send a lacky to fire a good Actor/Actress Worst Firing: Louise Sorel (DOOL)

Up-Chuck Worst Couple: Sonny and anyone(GH)

Worst Return: Jonathan Jackson as Lucky on GH.

280 Posts

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actress: Melody Thomas Scott (Young and the Restless)

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actor: Roger Howarth(Todd Manning, OLTL)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actress: Heather Tom(Katie Spencer, B&B)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actor: Billy Miller(Billy Abbott Y&R)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actress: Jacqueline Woods (Steffy Forrester B&B)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actor: Garrett Ryan (Kyle Abbott Y&R)

Favorite Storyline in 2011: Lucy’s custody trial (Y&R)

Favorite New Character 2011: Jessica Collins as Avery Clark(Y&R)

Favorite Couple in 2011: Jill and Colin (Y&R)

Favorite Villain: Deacon Sharpe (Y&R)

Favorite Return: Cord/Tina (OLTL)

Most Overused Talent: Eric Braeden, Joshua Morrow, Sharon Case, Michelle Stafford (The YOung and the Restless)

Paul Rouch’s “You’re not even worth it” Worst Actress: Eden Riegel (Heather, The Young and the REstless) the character didn’t make her a bad actress…the actress did :D

Worst New Character: Diana Degarmo as Angelina (Y&R)

The “Living in our last days” Worst Soap: GENERAL NONSENSE i mean Hospital

The “Oh Hell Naw!” Worst Storyline: Donna and Justin’s overnight divorce and her subsequent overnight romance with Nick, and ridiculous rivalry with Pammie (Bold and the Beautiful)

Paul Rouch’s “You just worked your last day” send a lacky to fire a good Actor/Actress Worst Firing: Tristan Rogers (Y&R)

Up-Chuck Worst Couple: Hope and Liam (B&B) I just get bored..thats all

Worst Return: Jonathan Jackson as Lucky on GH.

And finally Soap Trend you never want to see again: Plot drive, shock value, drivel AND dopplegangers

3 Posts

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actress: Melody Thomas Scott (Y&R).

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actor: James Scott (DOOL).

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actress: Kimberly McCullough (GH).

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actor: Michael Muhney (Y&R).

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actress: Lexie Ainsworth (GH).

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actor: Chandler Massey (DOOL).

Favorite Storyline in 2011: Lucy’s custody trial (Y&R).

Most Emmy Deserving Soap in 2011: Don’t watch OLTL or AMC, but from what I hear they’ve both had great s/l’s this past year. So either one. The 3 soaps I do watch – GH, Y&R, DOOL – don’t deserve it.

Most Emmy Deserving Soap for Writing in 2011: See above.

Favorite New Character 2011: Tie between Madison James (DOOL) and Colin Atkinson (Y&R).

Favorite Couple in 2011: EJ and Nicole (DOOL).

Favorite Reveal: Luke finds out he ran over Jake. Hated it at the time, but it was a good twist (GH).

Favorite Villain: EJ Dimera (DOOL).

Favorite Villainess: Phyllis Newman (Y&R).

Favorite Return: John and Marlena (DOOL).

Most Underused Talent: Renee Jones (DOOL).

Most Overused Talent: Maurice Benard, Steve Burton, Alison Sweeney, Galen Gering (he should’ve been gone when DOOL did their reboot).

Paul Rouch’s “Best audition in 20 years” Worst Actor: ?

Paul Rouch’s “You’re not even worth it” Worst Actress: Yvonne Zema (Daisy Carter, Y&R).

Worst New Character: Genie Francis as Genevieve Atkinson (Y&R).

The “Living in our last days” Worst Soap: GH.

The “Oh Hell Naw!” Worst Storyline: Revenge of the HIV Injection (GH).

Paul Rouch’s “You just worked your last day” send a lacky to fire a good Actor/Actress Worst Firing: Tristan Rogers (GH).

Up-Chuck Worst Couple: Cane and Lily (Y&R).

Worst Return: Brenda Barrett, GH.

And finally Soap Trend you never want to see again: Returns from the dead…unless it’s Jake Spencer. :)

2901 Posts

Hey Smitty,

There were a couple of errors in your posting that I’m going to point out along with some of my own picks and new categories:

1–Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actor: Adam Gregory (Chad Duell, Michael Corinthos, GH) Adam Gregory plays Thomas on B&B. Not sure what you meant by this Younger Actor thing. An explanation would help.

2–Most Emmy Deserving Soap in 2011: (We are just going to have to agree to disagree but…….) One Life To Live and Days of Our Lives are both deserving of an Outstanding Drama Series Emmy for the 2012 Emmy Awards. OLTL for it’s consistency, excellent writing, great production values, great acting. But OLTL needs to do better in choosing an Emmy worthy reel for it to win. DOOL deserves it too, for the work that they did from September 26th and beyond. They should not use any material that was written and taped during Dena’s Hegley’s time with DOOL. What the new writers and executive producers have done with DOOL after September 26 is that they have revitalized a show that was definitely headed for the cancellation chopping block if Ken Corday didn’t do something to save the very show that his parents worked so hard on during the time that they were with the show. All of the other soaps do not deserve an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series, only DOOL and OLTL.

3–The “Oh Hell Naw!” Worst Storyline: Victor keeps Billy away from his “dying” child (BB) This should say (YR), not (BB).

4–You misspelled Paul’s last name. It’s Rauch, not Rouch. Unless that was intentional!

You are dead on with all of your “bad” stuff picks! I do question a couple of the “good” stuff though.

I agree with the Lead Actress and Actor categories.

Supporting Actress—that’s going to be a tough sell since Tricia has hardly been on Y&R this year.

I totally back you on the Supporting Actor category but I have a feeling that Jonathan Jackson will repeat in this category.

I am going to disagree with Favorite Couple. This should go to Billy and Victoria on Y&R. Bill and Steffy storyline was one I couldn’t stomach. For crying out loud, Bill is old enough to be Steffy’s Dad. And I’ll add one new couple (they’re getting hitched on this show): Victor and Sharon on Y&R. People absolutely hated it when whoever it was tried to pair Victor with Sharon several years ago and there was a huge backlash because of it. I cannot understand why MAB needs or wants to go down this road again.

Most Wasted Return and my choice would be:
    Jacob Young as Rick Forrester. He’s rarely been on the TV screen and it took Brad Bell and his CGI folks quite some time to get Jacob into the opening credits.

Your pick for Favorite New Character is a troubling one for me. I would easily pick Sarah Joy Brown as Madison James on DOOL. As much as I like Debbie Morgan, I’m not quite sold on her character as of yet.

I’ll agree with one half of your Worst Couple. I am no fan of Cane and Lily and a lot of people know that I just don’t care for either actor. Hope and Liam are not the Worst Couple. The other half of this honor would go to Steffy and Liam.

Just for kicks, I’ll start a couple of new categories:

A new category that I would create would be Most Disastrous Executive Producer/Head Writer and that goes to Maria Arena Bell. And you don’t even need me to explain why!

Best Temporary Recast: Michael Learned in for Jeanne Cooper as Katherine Chancellor on Y&R. This was an easy pick!

Biggest Sore Loser in Daytime: Daniel Goddard (Cane, Y&R). I was so royally PO’d when Daniel cried his way back into his job on Y&R when he was initially fired. I also didn’t care for seeing pictures of him ALMOST naked getting posted on twitter. Daniel, get some clothes on. Not everyone thinks you’re hot and all that.

Worst DC poster: Coffee_Junkie. That’s because of this person’s penchant for their debasing and dehumanizing comments when it comes to Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, Y&R). Everyone knows who and what I’m talking about when it comes to this person.

Funniest DC Poster: Alstonboy, without a doubt! He is one of the funniest guys I’ve seen post on DC.

Best Blogger on DC: Hands down, this goes to Jamey Giddens. He has some of the best blogs when he posts them here on DC. A lot of times, I agree with Jamey and there are other times that I completely disagree with him. He speaks the truth about this industry even if it’s too blunt AND hurtful for some to take.

Biggest Bully in daytime when it concerns the media and how this person is perceived: Eric Braeden (Victor, Y&R). ‘Nuff said.

Most Appreciative of Fans: Melody Thomas Scott. Her very loud and vocal group of fans rallied behind her when she was gone from the show for 6 months or more. It is these fans (myself included) that worked our butts off in tweeting, emailing, snail mailing and phone calling the executives at Sony to get her back on contract and back on the show. Mel has not be shy about showing her appreciation of her fans.

And lastly, most honest, refreshing and interviewed daytime star: This one is a slam dumk (for me anyway): Michael Muhney (Adam Newman, Y&R). Michael doesn’t pull any punches when it comes to his passion about the daytime genre. He’s also been a huge champion for Emmy nomination reform. He, along with others, succeeded in getting changes made to the voting process when it comes time to nominate actors/actresses and others in various other categories. Yeah, some people might think that Michael is self-centered and an obnoxious jerk, but that is so not TRUE! Michael is one of the nicest guys and it is always a pleasure to see him tweeting with his fans on twitter.

Any thoughts folks? (I already know Coffee_Junkie will be all over me like water on rice).

280 Posts

I don’t think it would be fair for DOOL to get outstanding soap or whatever the category was. I mean it was horrible from January-September, but because the last 2 months of the year was good, then they deserve an emmy? I disagree with that…as well as OLTL. I watch it, and I still don’t get all the hype surrounding it. In fact, I think it sucks….I seriously don’t think ANY of the soaps deserve an outstanding drama.

Actually, and this might sound weird to most, but I think overall…for the YEAR, B&B had some of the best stories.

The continuation of Stephanie’s cancer, Stephanie getting Thomas to lie about sleeping with Brooke, Justin and Donna’s reunion, Bill’s emotional affair with Steffy and the fallout, Katie’s heart attack, the Foster Care episodes, Taylor and Thorne’s reunion, etc…

878 Posts

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actress: Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman, Y&R)

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actor: Eric Braeden (Victor Newman, Y&R)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actress: Tricia Cast (Nina Webster, Y&R)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actor: Billy Miller (Billy Abbott, Y&R)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actress: Lexie Annisworth (Lexi Ainsworth, Kristina Davis, General Hospital)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actor: Chad Duell (Michael Corinthos, GH)

Favorite Storyline in 2011: Baby Lucy Adoption Storyline (Y&R)

Most Emmy Deserving Soap in 2011: NONE!

Most Emmy Deserving Soap for Writing in 2011: Bold and the Beautiful

Favorite New Character 2011: Debbi Morgan (Harmony, Y&R)

Favorite Couple in 2011: Bill and Steffy (B&B)

Favorite Reveal: Victoria learns Lucy was bought off the blackmarket. (YR)

Favorite Villain: Victor Newman (YR)

Favorite Return: NONE

Most Underused Talent: Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters, Y&R)

Most Overused Talent: Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Newman, Y&R)

Paul Rouch’s “Best audition in 20 years” Worst Actor: Ronn Moss (Ridge Forrester, B&B)

Paul Rouch’s “You’re not even worth it” Worst Actress: Yvonne Zima (Diasy Carter, Y&R)

The “Living in our last days” Worst Soap: Y&R

The “Oh Hell Naw!” Worst Storyline: Victor keeps Billy away from his “dying” child (Y&R)

Paul Rouch’s “You just worked your last day” send a lacky to fire a good Actor/Actress Worst Firing: Lexie Annisworth (GH)

Up-Chuck Worst Couple: Cane and Lily (Y&R) & Hope and Liam (B&B)

Worst Return: Diane Jenkins short run on Y&R.

816 Posts

@matealestlmo & Smitty: Hid name was misspelled on purpose (Paul).

Yet if it was a showdown between Debbie and Melody Debbie would win hands down for this:

I don’t remember a single actress that topped that type of performance. Not Even Melody. But was she a lead this year? And if so then she should get nominated.

816 Posts

@stoney07: I wish B&B did more long term plotting. As storyline that played over a course of several years I could go for. Because when I watch them I have to watch all 5 episodes of the week at once. It just doesn’t grab my attention enough tune in day after day. Yet I would like B&B to go 2.0 and get serious again.

Avatar of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

Matealestmo–

Thanks so much, my friend, for your kind words and support. If I can entertain and enlighten people on this board, then I feel that I have done my job. Of course, there are a few trolls that don’t like me, but who gives a damn? I haven’t seen any of them post in MONTHS, so I guess I ran them away!! :D

I will list my picks later on………….

the thoery of opposites
    280 Posts

David I agree….I hate that B&B has become so over the top campy and silly. It’s always been campy, but never this SILLY. It’s almost like a sitcom now where the stories change from episode to episode and just because you’re married on Monday when the show ends, you can be divorced by Tuesday before the opening credits. It gets ridiculous sometimes.

Brad Bell just needs to take a break and get his head together sometimes, and then come back. I think he’s a talented writer when he puts his mind to it…in fact, if he could write longterm stories like you said, I’d rather he write for Y&R than MAB. I know I’ll get killed for saying that, but hey…how much worse can it really get???

2901 Posts

[quote=stoney07]Brad Bell just needs to take a break and get his head together sometimes, and then come back. I think he’s a talented writer when he puts his mind to it…in fact, if he could write long term stories like you said, I’d rather he write for Y&R than MAB. I know I’ll get killed for saying that, but hey…how much worse can it really get???[/quote]

Stoney, you won’t be getting killed by me! I actually KNOW that Brad can write better stories on daytime than his sister-in-law-from-hell will ever be able to! She must be using crayons to write her stories for Y&R.

957 Posts

[quote=matealestlmo][quote=stoney07]Stoney, you won’t be getting killed by me! I actually KNOW that Brad can write better stories on daytime than his sister-in-law-from-hell will ever be able to! She must be using crayons to write her stories for Y&R.[/quote]

It’s those new one crayons that’s waterproof because Lee is tired of cleaning up the messes ;)

816 Posts

@harlee490: It’s the dollar store crayons. Not Crayola, but Nayloa!

243 Posts

Most Emmy Deserving Lead Actress: Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, Y&R)

Most Emmy Deserving Lead Actor: Trevor St. John (Todd, OLTL)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actress: Florencia Lozano (Tea, OLTL)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actor: Michael Muhney (Adam, Y&R)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actress: Marcy Rylan (Abby, Y&R)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actor: Chandler Massey (Will, DAYS)

Favorite Storyline of The Year: Tale Of Two Todd’s, OLTL

Most Emmy Deserving Soap: none

Most Emmy Deserving Soap in Writing: AMC

Favorite New Character: Harmony, Y&R

Favorite Couple: Billy and Victoria, Y&R

Favorite Reveal: Tucker sells Jack back Jabot, Y&R

Favorite Villain: Victor Newman, Y&R

Favorite Villainess: Vivian Alamain, DAYS

Favorite Return: Marlena Evans and John Black, DAYS

Most Underused Talent: Tricia Cast (Nina, Y&R)

Worst Actor: Darius McCrary (ex-Malcolm, Y&R)

Worst Actress: Julia Pace Mitchell (Sofia, Y&R)

Worst New Character: Angelina, Y&R

The “Living in our last days” Worst Soap: GH

Worst Firing: Louise Sorel

Upchuck Worst Couple: Cane and Lily, Y&R

Worst Return: Brenda Barrett, GH

Soap Trend you never want to see again: Presumed death

6 Posts

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actress: Debbie Morgan (Angie Hubbard, AMC)

Most Emmy Deserving Leading Actor: Trevor St. John (Victor Lord, Jr., OLTL)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actress: Florencia Lozano (Tea Delgado, OLTL)

Most Emmy Deserving Supporting Actor: (tie) Jacob Young (JR Chandler, AMC) and Jon-Paul Lavoisier (Rex Balsom, OLTL)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actress: Kate Mansi (Abigail Devereaux, DAYS)

Most Emmy Deserving Younger Actor: (tie) Chandler Massey (Will Brady, DAYS) and Austin Williams (Shane Morasco, OLTL)

Favorite Storyline in 2011: (tie) My Two Todds (OLTL) and John Black vs. the Ponsi Scheme (DAYS)

Most Emmy Deserving Soap in 2011: ONE LIFE TO LIVE!!!

Most Emmy Deserving Soap for Writing in 2011: One Life to Live

Favorite New Character 2011: Madison James (DAYS)

Favorite Couple in 2011: Victor and Tea (OLTL)

Favorite Reveal: Todd Manning and Victor Lord, Jr. were twins! (OLTL)

Favorite Villain: EJ DiMera (DAYS)

Favorite Villainess: Irene Clayton Manning (OLTL)

Favorite Return: Mostly everyone after the DAYS reboot in September

Most Underused Talent: (tie) Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters, Y&R) and Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman, Y&R)

Most Overused Talent: (tie) Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Newman, Y&R) and Jonathan Jackson (Lucky Spencer, GH)

Paul Rouch’s “Best audition in 20 years” Worst Actor: Andrew Trischetta (Jack Manning, OLTL)

Paul Rouch’s “You’re not even worth it” Worst Actress: (tie) Yvonne Zima (Daisy Carter, Y&R) and Julia Pace Mitchell (Sofia Winters, Y&R)

The “Living in our last days” Worst Soap: General Hospital

The “Oh Hell Naw!” Worst Storyline: (tie) Diane Jenkins’ murder (I STILL don’t think they know whodunit!) (Y&R) and the Tainted HIV Syringe (GH)

Paul Rouch’s “You just worked your last day” send a lacky to fire a good Actor/Actress Worst Firing: (Actress) Lexie Annisworth (GH); (Actor Tristan Rogers (Y&R)

Up-Chuck Worst Couple: (tie) Cane and Lily (Y&R) & EJ and Taylor (BOTH versions!) (DAYS)

Worst Return: Heather Williams (Y&R). They were just uninspired to write for the chracter.

406 Posts

Least deserving an emmy award is the daytime emmy awards. It is simply a bad infomercial of Las Vegas/ telethon for a charity. Maybe next year we could have it on the MDA Telethon! Yippeee!
    Least favorite color of the year PURPLE. Days of our Lives spent months painting everything purple including for some strange reason some of Kate’s hair.
    Least favorite soap convention used this year Adults finding out their “true” parentage. Did anyone actually raise their own children on any soap?
    John Black of the year award for “who am I?” goes to Melanie on Days. Runner up is Jill on Y&R.
    The 2.0 that worked: Days of our Lives. I haven’t enjoyed watching this show so much in years. Not perfect yet but it is building quite nicely.
    The reworked soap that didn’t work: General Hospital. The fundemental changes necessary on this show to make it popular again just didn’t happen. Mostly its hatred of women and love of the mob.
    The lowest point in the history of soaps: the hiv needle.
    Biggest dissapointment: Prospect Park bailing on the shows. It is business and business is business. But soaps are not business to its fans.
    Best use of a vetern character of the year: Maggie Horton Days. This long time vetern was the solid rock of Salem during the worst part of Days of our Lives. Along with grounding the show, giving it a new popular couple (Victor and Maggie), she also took some of the girls under her wings and taught them how to act. I hope the new writers will continue to use Maggie as much. Along with the other vets.
    Best younger actors as a group: Days of our Lives. They have 6 younger actors that are appealing and do have some acting skills. That is not an easy task. Lets hope they can find some good material for them. The Melanie/Chad/Abby/Austin story has possibilities. The coming out story with the best young actor on daytime Chandler Massey (Will) is already on fire. Sonny and Gabi need something to do. And we need to get a move on with the Mel/Chad and Abby/Austin thing if they are gonna happen….
    The Twitt yourself back into a job award goes to Melody Thomas Scott. Still not sure how that works but great!
    The show I am boycotting award goes to Y&R. Ok I watched the Isabella flashback episode and one episode with Michael Lerned, and the Christmas ep. Two of those shows just made me miss the old Y&R. You know when they had consistancy.

Avatar of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    393 Posts

Most Overused Character Award – a tie between Phyllis Newman (Y&R) and Lucky Spencer (GH)

Most Assassinated Character Award – a tie between Diane Jenkins on Y&R (in her case literally) and Sharon Newman (Y&R)

Most Talked about but never seen Character Award – Nikki Newman (Y&R)

Most Irritating Younger Character Award – Lulu Spencer (GH)

Most Surprising but not really that surprising Character Return Award – Todd Manning (the really real one) on OLTL

Most “It’s All About Me, even though I say it’s all about my family” Character Award – a tie between Victor Newman (Y&R) and Luke Spencer (GH). This award is also known as the Selfish Bastard Award.

Most Age-Inappropriate Acting Character Award – a tie between Erica Kane (AMC) and Phyllis Newman (Y&R)

Most Likely to Have Kids in Future Therapy Award – Sami Brady (Days)

Most Likely to have kids in Future Incarceration Award – Carly Lee Jacks (GH)

Most “God, no! Not her again.” Character Award – a tie between Daisy Callahan (Y&R) and Franco (GH)

Most “It’s hard to believe this person gets big money to write this crap” Award – Three-way tie: Maria Arena Bell (Y&R), Dena Higley (Days), Garin Wolfe (GH)

816 Posts

@SoapArmageddon: lol if only Pattycakes was real and could take out a few actors and the head writing team.

Avatar of SoapArmageddonSoapArmageddon
    393 Posts

david, I neglected to include the award for Most Active Use of a Twitter Account which would be another tie. This time between Nancy Lee Grahn (GH) and Melody Thomas Scott (Y&R).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.