Forums General Hospital A Tour de Force Performance by Debbie Morgan
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    32 Posts

My God! Friday’s episode of All My Children HAD to be the first time in soap opera history that an entire episode was devoted to an African-American family. And why not Jessie and Angie?–the first African-American soap super couple. Kudos to Debbie Morgan for doing a WONDERFUL performance (certainly Emmy worthy for next year) and to Darnell Williams and to the writers of AMC. David, you’ve thrown away ALL my concerns and you will be a superb head writer for AMC and to Julie Hanan Carruthers who made it happen. You guys should submit this episode for best dramatic series for next year—congrats to all for a story filled with heart, mind and soul–a rare occurrence in Daytime television today (see the nutty, dumb storylines on Y&R).

32 Posts

One more comment on this if I may. Angela Tessinari’s direction of this episode was AMAZING! Seamless, coherent, surprising, heartfelt. The scene where Angie realizes and diagnoses her own disease was searing with pain while Angela T juxtaposed it with Jessie and Frankie throwing the football innocently in the park unbeknownst of the tragedy that lies ahead–BRILLIANT!!!!

23 Posts

Due to two kids graduating, dress rehearsal for a recital, AND recital….I am about a week behind in watching. Now I wish I wasn’t! LOL

Can NOT wait to get caught up on AMC…sounds like some great stuff coming up with Angie and Jesse!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.