Forums General Hospital ABC is self-destructing….
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Avatar of Danny RicciDanny Ricci
    12 Posts

I was reading an article on AOL about the Friends Mafia (a group of primetime writers who, after working on Friends, are creating flop after flop after flop), and one of the main points of the article is that this garbage they are calling “Work It” that is being heavily promoted by ABC, is written by them. However, the pertinent element of this to us as soap fans is that quite a few of the articles comments were looking like this:

ABC will be in last place again in the rankings. Daytime has been ruined by the cancellati­on of All My Children and One Life to Live (with General Hospital supposedly next in line for cancellati­on), the Chew is horrible and the Katie Couric show doesn’t hold much promise either. The only ABC show I watch is General Hospital. I don’t even watch ABC News, Good Morning America or any primetime shows due to my displeasur­e of the cancellati­on of AMC and OLTL. Maybe the powers that be will realize if you lose your daytime viewers, you will also lose your primetime viewers, too.

Keep it up guys! Someday we will make ABC understand that we cannot be ignored!!!!

352 Posts

I saw the ads for Work It. It’s a complete rip off of Bosom Buddies. I’m sorry, but no one can replace Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari.

I watch quite a few ABC primetime shows, but I’ve watched them for a while now. Other than Revenge, they’ve been putting out quite a few stinkers. Between daytime and primetime, they’ve got a huge problem on their hands.

Avatar of SwanQueen59SwanQueen59
    394 Posts

I also admit to watching “Revenge” and I have a fondness for “Castle” due mainly to Nathan Filion. The irony of “Castle” is that they’ve had Rebecca
    Budig, Cameron Mathison and Melody Thomas Scott on for episodes. Beyond that, absolutely zip, zero, nada… 0:)

Avatar of liason4realliason4real
    299 Posts

[quote=SwanQueen59]I also admit to watching “Revenge” and I have a fondness for “Castle” due mainly to Nathan Filion. The irony of “Castle” is that they’ve had Rebecca
    Budig, Cameron Mathison and Melody Thomas Scott on for episodes. Beyond that, absolutely zip, zero, nada… 0:)[/quote]
    ======
    I was really ticked off that RB and CM were on Castle since the show was doing an homage to “OLTL” because of Nathan’s fondness for his old stomping grounds. Something tells me that Frons is the one that probably pushed his “pets” over to Castle since he knew that AMC was going off the air.

Avatar of SwanQueen59SwanQueen59
    394 Posts

liason4real-Oops. Sorry, I didn’t think about that aspect. Didn’t mean to upset you… 0:)

Avatar of liason4realliason4real
    299 Posts

SwanQueen… I am not mad at you! I’m ticked off at Frons for not letting the OLTL actors work on Castle when I’m sure that RB and CM knew that Nathan worked on the show years ago.

12 Posts

I’m beyond happy with Cartini joining GH. For over 3+ yrs this show is a shadow of some of the great s/l’s they have had. I really hope that most of the s/l’s are changed or never really happened. I want Jake back that was one of the ruin then Jason forgiving Sam and her part in endangering his family was second and the third was bringing back JJ sorry but I want almost all Spencers gone. I will say the exit of Lucky was Luke written all over it. I would like to keep Lulu and Ethan. I want core families Q’s and Webber/Hardy plus maybe one other and build off of the history and family’s.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.