Forums General Hospital AMC – Sonyab’s recaps 7/19/11
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sonyab1974sonyab1974
    703 Posts

What has that son of a bitch done now?

Jamanda home:

Jake is on the phone getting the test results for Amanda. He tells Amanda that they found some abnormal cells and they have to perform a biopsy. He pulled some strings to get her in today!!!!!!!!!!

Martin zoo:

AJ runs in without saying hello to Tad! ROFL! Tad grabs him! ROFL! AJ goes upstairs to see the girls. JR brought AJ so he doesn’t have to watch Marissa move out. Tad knows JR has had a couple of drinks and suggests he go to a meeting. JR says he doesn’t need one. Tad says he can smell the alcohol on his breath! He is going!! JR starts talking to him about Tad’s fake marriage. Cara overhears. She walks in the room and tells JR her marriage to Tad may be fake, but what Tad feels for JR is as real as it gets. :( She walks out and Tad wonders what Dixie would think of JR right now. JR says she isn’t there so she’ll never know. That is what YOU think JR! JR leaves and Tad tells Cara how sensitive JR used to be as a child. He credits Dixie for that. However, JR is now more like Adam. :( Cara thinks JR is lucky he has Tad. Jake calls Tad to meet him at the hospital.

The hospital:

Jake is so nervous!!! Tad and Jake banter back and forth. :) Tad suggests he go sit still with Amanda. The doctor finds Jake and tells him the biopsy is done. Jake heads in to see Amanda, who is scared. He hugs her.

Martin zoo:

Tad and Cara are together when Liza shows up. She tells him she works for Caleb now and hands him a package from Dixie’s father, which contains Dixie’s diary!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow after all these years Dixie’s father sends Tad Dixie’s diary?!!?!

Chandler Mansion:

Scott finds Marissa packed and ready to leave. He wonders what JR did this time, but Marissa says that she’s in love with someone else. Scott says he didn’t see that coming. He wonders who the other man is. Marissa says it’s Bianca. Scott says he didn’t see that coming either! ROFL! He says his jaw is on the ground! He notices she looks happy, which he couldn’t have said when she was with JR. JR returns and I wonder is he drunk?!!?!! He is!!!! JR tells Marissa to leave and to never come back. Once Marissa is gone, Scott says he’s happy Marissa is a lesbian because that means she will never be with JR again. JR looks at a photo of Dixie. He says, Your boy screwed up again. :( Poor JR. :( He wants a family so bad! And that poor plant that JR got drunk!!!! The poor plant has a massive hangover!!! *hands the plant a couple of asprin and a glass of water*

CONfusion:

Jesse sees Liza. He tells her he’s kind of happy she’s not the D.A. anymore, but he doesn’t want to be the reason she’s out of a job. She knows she’s made a lot of mistakes since returning to Pine Valley, but she’s definitely paid. Are they going to kiss and make up? No? Ah well. :) She hopes he never has to know the pain of losing a child. Liza is hopeful that if she lives her life right, she will have what Angie and Jesse have right now with Lucy.

Hubbard home:

Maya is with baby Lucy and Angie. Maya ignores a few calls. Angie asks if she’s in trouble. Maya lies and says it’s just her aunt. Her phone rings again and she answers to tell Mookie that she can’t talk right now. Angie wonders about her aunt Mookie! ROFL! Angie knows Maya lied to her and asks about Mookie. Maya explains that she hasn’t told him about her new job, but she owes him a lot because he moved from New York to be with her. Jesse and Frankie walk in. As Frankie helps Maya with Lucy’s bottle, Jesse hears her talk about the baby she gave up. Brot drops by and Jesse talks with him privately in the hallway. He tells Brot that Maya gave up a baby and that he’s worried Lucy is her daughter. Wow Jesse is quick! :) Brot thinks it doesn’t make sense since Maya is Hispanic and Lucy is black. ROFL! Brot assures him it will be fine and walks in to see Lucy. Mookie comes to the door looking for Maya. She drags him in the hallway and he wonders why she didn’t tell him about her new job. She tells him she’ll call him later and he says she better. He grabs her hard to pull her in for a hug. Mookie has got to go NOW!!!!! Just leave Pine Valley Mookie! Back inside, Frankie and Angie change Lucy’s diaper, as Jesse panics that Maya’s boyfriend is black. ROFL! Brot orders Jesse to stop worrying. Jesse tells Brot he wants to do a DNA test on Maya and Lucy. Brot asks how? Jesse says a DNA test! DOINK! ROFL!

Dixie’s room:

David walks in and sleeping beauty grabs David’s arm!!!!! He injects her I.V. with something to put her to sleep. After David leaves, sleeping beauty opens her eyes and reveals that she put a crimp in her I.V. so the medication wouldn’t reach her. DOH! She is trying to escape!!!!! David you need to explain yourself NOW!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to know what is going on!!!!

The park:

Kendall finds Griffin picking up trash for his community service. They talk about David and Kendall brings up all the women he’s wronged including Maria. Griffin is curious about Maria and asks about her and Kendall explains Maria and David’s past. Griffin has to be somewhere and suggests they meet up later. David runs into Kendall and she blames him for kidnapping Erica! ROFL! Oh come on Kendall give me a break! David wants some gratitude considering he saved her life more than once. He’s done giving her back her life so she can make his a living hell. YEAH DAVID YOU TELL HER! :)

The hospital:

Griffin calls Maria!!!!! He asks her about David. She says, What has that son of a bitch done now? ROFL!

Profile photo of Ryan-ScottRyan-Scott
    156 Posts

Thank you Sonya for writing these.

AMC is on fire kids. Now is the time to return to Pine Valley!

703 Posts

[quote=Ryan-Scott]Thank you Sonya for writing these.[/quote]

You’re welcome! :)

[quote]AMC is on fire kids. Now is the time to return to Pine Valley![/quote]

You mean for people to start watching AMC again? :)

Profile photo of Ryan-ScottRyan-Scott
    156 Posts

Yes for those who tuned out when Donna and David were in charge.

Profile photo of harlee490harlee490
    957 Posts

I have been tuning since David & Donna were in charge, to see if change was going happen and slowly I was seeing the improvement. The moaners and naysayers to just have something to bitch about IMO didn’t give D&D a fair chance, they immediately went to throat for their writing. Personally, I would much rather seen Donna & Lorraine been named the headwriters. I think if Pratt was still writing AMC up until recently Lorraine, Agnes, and Addie with the combination of cancellation, they would had to Herculean TASK to close out by September. I will be fair to them and say at least they grounded AMC and seriously had a mess of a canvas and destruction to repair and that doesn’t happen in month or two. Now, they are gone at least Lorraine, Agnes, Addie have a great foundation to move forward MUCH easier because of D&D and not Pratt. I feel DC gang abandoned AMC, they wouldn’t look at what was better in story, maybe not perfect over OLTL for whatever reason, they were always negative and OLTL constantly cut slack on the OLTL’s writing maybe Ron C being gay, not sure who knows? I’m gay and he is Dena Higley’s drag child of writing at times. He can do some good things with certain vet’s stories. I am not a huge fan of Ron C’s writing style, he is mix bag and I seen worse HWS, he does so much rehash “calling honoring the history” but that is just being lazy and ruining some beloved characters such as “Jessica & Marty” for example and on “Larry Fink’s show the DC gang did on podcast said it best, OLTL at times is just plain awful and not watchable because of the horrible younger cast and bad writing. Jamey was not amused probably but thank you Larry to saying what I have felt.

Profile photo of SmooshiestSmooshiest
    21 Posts

I don’t think the diary actually came from Seabone himself. Someone is trying to clue Tad into the fact that Dixie is, in fact, alive.

Now on to the show being on fire. I agree, and it was the title of my post on another board. AMC has been through so many head writer changes over the years. As I see it, and I have been watching it from Day 1, except for the time I was in college, and when I didn’t own a taping device, Lorraine Broderick is the only one who could mine the history of the show whenever she was writing it (witness last year’s Palmer memorial). I truly doubt that K/S would have thought to bring back Daisy, Nina, et al if they were writing it then. I watched Guiding Light as a teenager, and it was good. When I tuned back in for the final months, it was a disaster. Who was writing it? K/S!!! Same for As The World Turns… I just finished Carolyn Hinsey’s book and she interviews several people about how Ellen Wheeler had K/S in her pocket and when long time cast members made suggestions (even mere ones) to improve GL, she wouldn’t hear of it at all. She made them sit in long meetings watching shows (including the first one filmed in Peapack, NJ) and insiders say they all made horrible comments about the episode she’d written with K/S.

In any case, back to AMC. I am thrilled it is moving online and that Lorraine has agreed to write it. I am concerned that we haven’t heard who is moving with the show, and we know Debbi Morgan is moving to Y&R. I feel that even if there are recasts and they are good actors, Lorraine can make it work. Also, it is rumored to be starting 9/26, so that means Lorraine has to probably work 24/7 to make that happen. Again, she has the history of the show burned in her brain and she will do it justice.

703 Posts

Wow!!!!!!!!! Where the heck have you all been hiding?:) Welcome back! :)

703 Posts

[quote=Ryan-Scott]Yes for those who tuned out when Donna and David were in charge.[/quote]

Ahhhh okay. Yeah I don’t blame them. :)

703 Posts

[quote=Smooshiest]I don’t think the diary actually came from Seabone himself. Someone is trying to clue Tad into the fact that Dixie is, in fact, alive.[/quote]

Actually someone gave Tad Dixie’s diary cus her father died. That’s what Tad said today!

Profile photo of SmooshiestSmooshiest
    21 Posts

I did see that – I’m watching everyday!!!

I really loved Tad and Cara’s scenes – MEK rocks everything he does, but when Lorraine writes his lines, he has so much more to work with. Just the mere reading of Dixie’s childhood diary was nearly bringing me to tears.

the thoery of opposites
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.