Forums The Young and the Restless An Idea For Ridge/Stephanie’s Exits
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thebookermanthebookerman
    58 Posts

We were all shocked by the news of the past week or so that two of the core four (maybe) will be leaving the series. I don’t expect either to be killed off or anything to that extreme, but they deserve a fitting farewell that does their characters justice and leaves the door open for a return either in the future or when the show finally does wrap.
    —-

Stephanie starts to get sick again and decides it is time to retire from Forrester. Stephanie says her goodbyes and looks forward to spending the rest of her life with Eric. She leaves Ridge with one piece of advice, “Cherish every moment you have and make sure you put happiness above business.”

While Brooke is consoling Hope over her situation with Liam and Steffy, the two come up with an innovative new line of clothing for Forrester. Brooke wants the new line to be a focal point for the company, but Ridge is listening to his mother’s advice and instead wants to travel the world with his wife. Ridge thinks back to all the people he has loved and lost and over the years and says how he wants to spend every minute in paradise with Brooke, spending all his time planning a lengthy, extravagant trip. Brooke feels that her daughter needs her at this time and this new line is the way for her to reclaim her independence.

Ridge decides that he has to go through with his trip, whether or not Brooke goes with him. As he prepares to leave he gets on the phone to call Taylor, potentially to ask her to go with him, but instead wishes her well and says how he will always love her. Ridge does leave with one parting gift: he has put Steffy in charge of Forrester Creations.

I think that this sets the show up for the future and opens the door to finally have some new story arcs:

– Steffy will finally get the opportunity to be the star of the family.
    – Steffy will clash with Brooke/Hope over the direction of the company.
    – Steffy will also battle with Thomas over control.

It’s clear that B&B is a little bit tired right now. While losing two veterans is never a good thing, I think this could freshen things up again.
    —–

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.