Forums The Young and the Restless Another Cancellation Snub for ATWT
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of calamityjanecalamityjane
    3 Posts

We all know, by now, that the Daytime Emmys plan to do a tribute to AMC for their 40th anniversary rather han give a final salute to ATWT’s 54 year broadcast history.

Well, there may be yet another cancellation snub. Yesterday, I renewed my membership to the Paley Center, NYC (formerly known as the Museum of Television & Radio). Over the years, I have attended such special events as: A Preview of the Premiere episode of ‘Twin Peaks,’ 20 years ago, a 50th anniversary tribute to ATWT in 2006, an evening with Robert Vaughn (Napolean Solo – The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) and most recently a final salute tribute to GL last August.

When renewing my membership, I asked if there were similar plans to have an event for ATWT. I was met with dead silence, and was told to write and suggest such an event with the VP of Public Affairs and Programs, Diane Lewis. You can be sure that I did just that…I was given her e-mail address.

I can not fathom the idea of ATWT going out with a wimper…no Emmy tribute and now no Paley Center tribute. GMAB, it’s been more than 4 months since the cancellation announcement and nothing has been planned.

I am absolutely livid. I urge everyone to write and call the Paley Center in NYC

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.