Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CrusteeCrustee
    9 Posts

Nelson just tweeted that there is real bad news coming tomorrow. Does this mean ATWT got axed? I am going to flip out.

Profile photo of Anonymous
    2899 Posts

My thoughts went to OLTL, but isn’t ATWT up for renewal in early 10?

Profile photo of SmittySmitty
    878 Posts

Yeah I was thinking OLTL too.  I thought they said ATWT had been renewed because CBS didn’t want to cancel another soap so soon.

9 Posts

I remember reading on DC that we should know something about ATWT in Dec.  Ratings weren’t very good in November. I can’t even express how sad I will be if my show gets cancelled. Not only feel sorry for myself–but all those good actors on that show. One of the best casts on daytime. Plus, the crew etc.

I guess it could be OLTL–which is better written–that would be a shame as well. I used to watch it and have been getting into it some in the last few months.

I don’t know what else NB would be referring to in his tweet,  Maybe a firing–but I don’t think he would of said it like that

Profile photo of daysfan65daysfan65
    26 Posts

Well, Erika Slezak said OLTL wasn’t moving into the new studios untill late February/early March, which is later than originally anticipated.  Perhaps it has to do with the new permanent HW of AMC?

Profile photo of maine79maine79
    1 Posts

My guess is that ATWT will be saying goodbye.  The pattern is just like GL. 

1.  A deadline date is given to the show to get the ratings higher.

2. The quality of the show gets better, but the show ratings continue to decline.

3.  The show is told that they are going to be renewed for another year. 

4.  CBS blindsides the fans and show with a cancellation notice.   

9 Posts

I was thinking that too Maine- so sad.

Profile photo of GLFan88GLFan88
    1 Posts

When will we know what he was referring to?  PLEASE SOAP GODS!! Do not let this P&G soap be getting canceled too.  I’m still not over the loss of GL!! 

Profile photo of keannakeanna
    62 Posts

Guys, listen Nelson as much as I like him tends to overhype things. I think if it was a cancellation you know  DC would be all over it. It could be a popular actor leaving their soap. So stay calm guys, we don’t want any soap to get cancelled.

Profile photo of pecolapecola
    28 Posts

I’m trying not to get into a guessing game about the meaning of Branco’s tweet but sufficed to say, I’m on pins and needles…

the thoery of opposites
    Profile photo of SmittySmitty
    878 Posts

Nelson Branco has posted Soapgiest (sp?) and the bad news is Ellen Wheeler has been hired as a Director at ATWT.

Profile photo of pecolapecola
    28 Posts

Just as ATWT was starting to regain its footing, this happens…the Show Killer…dang…

Profile photo of IlovethesoapsIlovethesoaps
    1 Posts

Yep!  Just knowing that Wheeler is at the wheel is enough to make anyone say "thats it!" this show is TOAST!

9 Posts

ATWT is invading my sick head. Last night I dreamed about Scott Holmes (Tom)  He looked really young in my dream–like Dave Greenberg young when he was on Ryan’s Hope. Anyway, I wanted to ask him if the show was going to be cancelled–I was so worried yesterday. But, I couldn’t get over how much younger he looked than me–when I know he is older. It was driving me crazy–but then I thought he must of gotten some of that fountain of youth stuff from Tom Pelphrey. LOL

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.