Forums The Young and the Restless BB – Best soap for the week of January 4th
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    879 Posts

I never thought I would say this again, but The Bold and the Beautiful was the BEST soap on tv last week!  I never thought this "DARE" campaign would result in so much drama!

My heart broke for Katie when she confronted Brooke.  You could see her heart break when Brooke confessed to her that they were trying to sabotage the company with the "DARE" campaign.  Katie ripped into Brooke.  Heather Tom was on fire in these scenes.  Her going toe to toe with Katherine Kelly Lang was pure GOLD!  Then of course Katie tells Bill.  Bill is livid and then he wants to see all the Forresters.  When Katie called them all up to her office I thought this is going to be good!  Then Bill gave those Forresters a tongue lashing that I haven’t seen anybody give them since Taylor did when she felt the Forresters turned their back on her.  Thursday’s episode is one for the history books!  Dollar Bill gave it to those Logan sisters for betraying Katie.  It was good soap opera drama.  The argument that Katie/Bill had afterwards was so good.   I even have to give Jacqueline MacInnes Wood her props.  Her verbal tirade after the whole scene and her anger at the Logans was dynamite!  She shocked me with her acting!  I thought damn is this a new Steffy? 

I found myself watching B&B with so much anticipation this week.  I just hope Brad Bell and Co. keep this up!  This is The Bold and the Beautiful that I fell in love with and this is the one I want to return to my screen all the time.  I’m not a huge fan of the comedic stuff and never have been.  I watch soaps for the drama and this week was good soapy drama! 

One low light for me was the whole Sandy stuff.  Sarah Brown is a phenomanel actress but I don’t know why I should care about her being raped?  What is the purpose?  They need to move this right along.  It is the low light for me in what was probably the best week of B&B for me since Storm’s suicide.

Job well done to B&B this week! 

Brad Bell you keep this up and do your father justice! 

Avatar of EricasEvilTwinEricasEvilTwin
    1038 Posts

WRONG…the Sandy storyline is so good

879 Posts

Besides Sarah Brown what do you like about this story?

1038 Posts

I think its compelling – layer after layer unfolding.

879 Posts

Ummm…compelling….oh ok.  

1038 Posts

I think it is compelling.  Watching her struggle to find her footing.  Stephanie mentoring her and trying to help her find her inner  strength.  And I think the actors in that story – the Sandy-Nik-Bridget-Stephanie-Whip side of the canvas are far better actors than the Bridge-Steffy- Forrester Creations side of the canvas with the exception of Katie/Bill.  They are the interesting characters – the ones to care about in that story.  Donna and Brooke are boring and stupid and should feel horrible, not justified, in their behavior.  Eric is the wussy patriarch in daytime – Adam Chandler, Edward Quartermaine, and Asa Buke (were he alive) would eat Eric for breakfast and the lame ass DARE plan was about the dumbest revenge plot ever.  Katie and Bill clueing in and going off was great but the rest of it was lame.

879 Posts

Now you aren’t going to get an argument about the acting.  The group at Jackie M in general act circles around the group at Forrester.

Ok the Sandy story comes and she lies about who she is to become the surrogate for Bridget/Nick then we find out she was raped.  I’m bored with the storyline.  It’s just a waste of time.  She is a new character and I don’t think we have had time to become invested in her character to care about her rape.  I just don’t care about it.  When they were at the police station all I was thinking was "why are we worried about this?".   I don’t care that she was raped.  Maybe after a couple more months of the story going I will like where it goes but right now it’s just not something I want to see.  I’m not a huge fan of the Bridget/Nick pairing so having her involved with that couple doesn’t help me like her storyline either. 

1038 Posts

Maybe its an age thing – knowing people that have been raped – maybe its that I started watchign for her so I am no more knew to her than anyone else.

I find it interesting.

879 Posts

I don’t think it’s an age thing.  I think the difference is a long term viewer and a new viewer.  If you think knowing people who have been raped compels you to this story then I understand that.

With the person that is probably going to be revealed to have raped Sandy is just going to be a day player.  Maybe I just need to let the story play out but right now I think it’s the weak storyline out of the bunch.

179 Posts

Moin, Moin Ladies!!!!!!!!! I have the day off FINally! I hate working the early shift, although it is rewarding, I am always too ruined to enjoy or even comprehend what I see, read or hear after a day’s work…. but back to the topic at hand….

Okay Smitty, BnB was rocking last week… I loved, loved, LOVED $B as he was ripping the Forrester Men and their women apart for what they thought would have been the master plan. I was sooooooooooooooooooooooo Bill mania that you could hear me screaming from across the ocean! Stuffit was good until she put herself in the drunken Bill’s realm and was tormenting him with Katie’s up and leaving. That wasn’t cool. So not happy that he kissed her, even though I feel Katie needed to have supported her man as he did her, by staying her ass at home and not running off to the comfort of her treacherous sister’s arms. That was out of hand…

But…………………. OLTL rocked it for me! Mitch, TnT, Eli and Blair, Charlie and Viki and of course Dorian and MEL! Oh… talk about soap heaven…

BnB:
    I am not liking that Sandy is being drawn into Nix’s trap. He is doing this because of the baby and nothing else. I hate him! I truly wish he would just go back to Melrose place. I loved him as Frisco Jones, but as Nick Maroon— eh, Sandy is too good for him. She doesn’t know what a scumbag he is and I am sooooo hoping that she gets the goods on him from Taylor and gives him and Bridget a taste of their own medicine.

True, I love her  because I watched SB a few weeks before her character’s demise on GH, but  besides that; she is rocking the aftermath and the darkness of a rape victim beyond the imaginable on a show like BnB. She rocked it when she had her last meltdown and she is rocking it now as the woman who is leaning on a man for the first time since her vicious raping. I just love her! Not only because SB is playing her, but because SB is rocking her! YES!

She isn’t wimping out like Brooke, springing into life by seducing Ridge only to keep Ashley down. ((Brooke is the nastiest character on any soap, rather Sandy is fighting the system.)) Sandy gets down and I feel that she is down and then she has light moments and I am buying it 100%. I truly believe that she will bloom once her rapist is caught and although her story is being dragged out, it does give me the opportunity to understand why she is who she is now.

I have watched BnB since it started… day one here, I have been through all of the great storylines that have ended with a huge disappointment and believe that this one will be a winner. I think that the rape-sl that Brooke did will now be done with some class and that we will be rewarded, even though it has the Bell touch— that being with the help of some man. I can not tell if Sandy has no obvious agenda. She probably thinks by giving two people a child, will make her feel like a woman again. She said that she used to think she could take care of herself until she was drugged and brutally raped. Now she feels as if she is a victim and is over it! Excellent!

This storyline has shown the horror a woman/ man goes through when violated. They don’t just jump back on the horse and ride because they are afraid of not surviving the fall. Sandy’s character seems hidden, yet when we see her, she is opening up to hope. Something that wasn’t seen while Brooke was chasing, manipulating and whoa is me-ing Ridge after slapping his fiancee in the face for calling a whore a whore.

I don’t like Nix and don’t think I ever will, I think Bridget is an idiot for getting involved with him again when she could have been with Owen. If she gets her heart broken, it is her own fault because she knows who her husband is. She jumped into Taylor’s marriage bed before the woman was gone 3 hours and she sat next to Nix during the court case and made Taylor nuts, trying to prove she was an unfit mother. She kept the secret that her mother’s eggs were used in the invitro and she took Taylor’s baby and is raising him as if he has none. I don’t think I will ever forget the painful cries of a woman who has lost everything at the Logan-women’s hands after sinking to the floor in front of the Judge’s desk, wailing and screaming in disbelief that it isn’t fair— as the room darkened and the spotlight faded to black upon her broken figure. OMG… I am still emotional about it. For all that, I am so into Sandy taking Nix and giving him his child. For all that, I want Sandy to be the one woman who can live without a man being a single mother… and for all that… I want her to be on Taylor’s side when it comes out that Jack is her biological child.. which will shut those Logan Bitches out of Nix’s life. I don’t care what she does after that, I hope she turns out to be the biggest of Bitches that BnB has ever seen. I want her to be steared in Stephanie’s and not Brooke’s direction. I want Ridge and Erwimp and Thong and Rick to all want her so bad that they toss their tramps back to the valley… and I know that SB will be rocking it.

On another note…
    I also say that the story is developing as if Brad is writing it daily while shooting the scenes, but — I truly feel that Sandy is the answer to all my Tayfan prayers. I have time, I enjoy her onion skins being peeled off one for one, I love her!

the thoery of opposites
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.