Forums The Young and the Restless BB – Steffy Forrester, I am NOW a FAN!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SmittySmitty
    877 Posts

Ok admittedly I was not the biggest fan of Steffy Forrester when she first came to town even though she was the daughter of my all time favorite B&B couple. I had imagined how I wanted Ridge & Taylor’s children to be and none of their other children turned out the way I had imagined. Steffy was a boring character running after her “uncle” and attempting to cry over her twin sister’s death. I didn’t like it at all. I never felt like her and Rick had any chemistry. i turned B&B off during most of the time Steffy was pursing Rick because I thought it was disgusting and didn’t want to see that foolishness.

Around the time when I turned B&B back on they were beginning to transform Steffy into a vengenful (sp?) scorned daughter. I admit that the storyline with her hating the Logans came out of left field but I have slowly been becoming a fan. After watching yesterday’s episode I am officially a fan. You can see the confidence in Jacqueline MacInnes Wood now as she has grown as an actress. I am enjoying Steffy blackmailing Brooke. The fallout from when everything is revealed should be off the charts if it goes anything like I have thought about. The fact that Steffy is blackmailing Brooke will be an afterthought once it’s revealed that Brooke Logan slept with another one of her daughter’s boyfriends.

Good job Jacqueline MacInnes Wood…you officially have a fan and I am loving Steffy Forrester being a schemer!

Profile photo of RebeccaJRebeccaJ
    16 Posts

Steffy scorned doesn’t make much sense. She’s yammering about her daddy when her daddy was with her all along. And as for her hatred towards Brooke, does she forget who raised her when her mother was “gone”? Does she forget who kept her family together? Her badness makes the show interesting, but doesn’t make any sense when you think about her family history.

Profile photo of luckyguy2k9luckyguy2k9
    3 Posts

I like Steffy since she first came on and liked her relationship with Marcus (why the writers decided to pair he with Rick is still beyond me. I too found it disgusting).

However, not much of a big fan of the writers destroying Steffy’s relationship with Brooke. Like RebeccaJ pointed out Brooke raised her (and Thomas and Phobe)when Taylor was presumed dead and even Stephanie said she did a great job when Taylor came back. Plus she and Hope and a great relationship and Steffy always considered Hope a sister. Now with this whole the Logans are bad, the Forresters are good crap that little bid of history is gone. It would seem (to a new viewer) that Brooke never raised Taylor’s kids and Ridge was always faithful to Taylor and Brooke isn’t the mother of Steffy’s brother (why the writers never through this into the mix is, again, beyond me. From what I’m going by isn’t RJ there but you don’t see him or did he go away to boarding school? Or did the writers forget about him since he isn’t even mention from time to time).

I also hate that they are trying to make out to be a great mother when it comes to Hope. If the writers had spend a little more time with Brooke being a mother instead of having her running after Ridge or Nick or whatever man of the hour for the past couple of years I would’ve buy it but it isn’t working for me.

I do like that they still kept Hope a Forrester and didn’t have her going by the Logan name.

With all that being side I am enjoying the Steffy/Brooke fight.

@Cyberologist I totally agree with you with Eric not always opting to sign a pre-nup everytime he gets married. You would the guy would’ve learn by now.

A little bit of wishful casting…….with Forrester Creations being in jeopardy again for the billionth time wouldn’t it be great if TPTB had snatch Stacy (ex Patty/Emily) from Y&R or bring back Kimberlin Brown (ex Sheila) on as a new character. These two wonderful actress are the only one that I can think of that can whole their own when it comes to Stephanie.

And if they want to give Hope competiion when it comes to Oliver they should’ve brought back Alexandra (Thorne’s daughter). Sreffy just seems………Brookey :)

16 Posts

Oh, I forgot all about RJ! That’s Ridge and Brooke’s youngest, isn’t it?

Profile photo of luckyguy2k9luckyguy2k9
    3 Posts

Yeah, you would think they would show the “supercouple” kid.

Profile photo of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

Smitty,

I think I need to take your temperature. You are the ONLY person who I have ever known on ANY soap-blogging board to write ANYTHING complementary about Jackie Wood. Of course, I respect your views, but in my opinion, Jacqueline Wood is STILL a piss-poor actress. I am glad she now has at least ONE fan now. LOL!!!!

877 Posts

The backstory has obviously been rewritten by Brad Bell to satisfy this storyline. We have talked about that in another thread. It doesn’t make sense to all of us who have been watching B&B long term because we know Brooke was a good step mother to Thomas, Steffy, and Phoebe. So this is based on my suspending my beliefs.

I think Jacqueline MacInnes Wood has definitely improved whether people like the character or not. She’s very much like Brooke used to be for all you Brooke fans. If you don’t believe me check ya history of the show.

Profile photo of alstonboy4315alstonboy4315
    853 Posts

Smitty,

I agree with you that Steffy is becoming a Brooke 2.0. Certainly.

16 Posts

Make that two fans. I think Jacqueline MacInnes Wood is a good actress. Certainly a lot better than the likes of Clementine or Crystal.

Profile photo of EricasEvilTwinEricasEvilTwin
    1035 Posts

Ridge telling Steffy today that actions have consequences made me ill. HELLO what CONSEQUENCES did Brooke have to face for her choice to sex up someone in a public manner during her daughters grad party. Moreover, when Steffy did the same kind of thing to Dollar Bill Ridge didnt care at all because it made him President of Forrester. Apparently Ridge only cares about behaving morally when it disadvantages him and what he wants.

I really might have to start calling Ridge Forrester by the name Ridge Logan because all of the logans make me sick and these days he seems less like an L than an F.

And I see that he apparently doesnt care much about he father losing half his shares to Dumba and the opportunity that presents for Bill to regain power at the company. Why hasnt he put ANY pressure on his wife to talk to Donna about the shares of Forrester. Even if they went to Brooke that would be preferable from a corporate perspective. I guess that also means that should Ridge and Brooke split, Brooke would get half, making her + Donna a quarter share holder. Stupid.

the thoery of opposites
    877 Posts

How dumb is Ridge…you are going to have your daughter, the girl who hates Brooke, set a PR ad about her return. This has nothing but BAD written all over it!

Brooke is getting off scott free for now but I have a feeling after Stephanie finds out that things will change.

Profile photo of EricasEvilTwinEricasEvilTwin
    1035 Posts

More Ridge stupidity this week. He confronts Steffy about the Diamond Bill stuff and she owns up. He confronts her about the HO Logan stuff and she owns up. When has she ever not said YEP, I did it! when asked. So why does he think she would now deny things and why would she do something that so obviously would get pinned on her? So he believes Brooke couldnt tell the difference between his body and Olivers (I was SO glad Stephanie called him on that one LOL) but he cant believe that Steffy’s computer was hacked? Lets nominate him for father of the year! He is more concerned about Brookes relationship with Hope than he is about his own with his daughter. Asshat!

I have only been watching since SJB started with the show, but Stephanie has quickly become one of my fav. characters on daytime. I just love her and SF is just a phenomenal actresses. The scenes confronting ridge/def. Steffy, the ones with Brooke and today with Hope – she just is amazing and I love that the character is so right on the money.

Profile photo of CyberologistCyberologist
    78 Posts

I like Steffy turning the screws on the Logans. I know Brooke will eventually get her comeuppance but it makes for good drama…it reminds me of Caroline/Ridge storyline sweet Caroline (Hope) and Brook serving Hors d’oeuvres and manipulating to break them up to get Ridge (Steffy) and the Forrester life…

I am tired of the company always being in jeopardy and the Foresters not owning it but Erik marries a Logan and its part of the settlement. You’d think by now he would opt for a pre-nup…I always thought most of the men on the show were weak and silly.

I forgot all about RJ too until I read it to remind me I forgot he existed….LoL

Profile photo of JazzyJazzy
    7 Posts

I love Steffy. I stopped DVR when she was fired but am back on board.She makes things happen for the forresters. I understand that she is trying to keep her Legacy alive.

Profile photo of ldylkngldylkng
    114 Posts

Don’t like Steffy PERIOD!! Not even her first days. But would love to see Brooke finally pay!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.