Forums The Young and the Restless BB – WTF Moments 5-13-10
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SmittySmitty
    878 Posts

Ok well watching BB today I was cringing during the Steffy and Hope scenes and here’s why.

Ok Ridge and Taylor were happily married when Pheobe & Steffy were born on screen.  When Taylor was shot and "killed" by Shiela Steffy and Phoebe had been SORASed to be about 10 years old by then.  Their parents, Ridge and Taylor, had been married during this whole time.  When Taylor came back from the dead Phoebe and Steffy were about 16 if my memory serves me correct.  Ridge was then with Taylor temporarily after she came back.  So this is where the WTF moment comes in.

Steffy whining about having to grow up watching Ridge be with his "other" family makes no sense.  Ridge and Taylor raised their children up until her death.  Then Brooke and Ridge raised Taylor’s children after her "death".  So it makes no sense for Steffy to be saying that she watched her father be with his family with Brooke while growing up.  Also Steffy was away at school for years.

Brad Bell needs to remember the details.  You can’t have Steffy whining about having to sit and grow up in a home without a father with her mother and not remember that this isn’t the way it happened.  The viewers aren’t stupid.

Also I noticed that today they had Hope mention that Stephanie and Eric were her grandparents.  It’s was nice to see that they remembered that finally, but you already established now that isn’t the relationship they have anymore.  Where is the consistency?  Come on Brad Bell get it together!  I am so sick of it.  Your show is close to being taken off the DVR AGAIN!

Do you have any WTF moments from B&B today?

878 Posts

Newmanwins

In regards to your number 5…When Hope was played by the other young actress she called Stephanie "Grandma".  Remember when Stephanie tried to get custody of Hope and RJ from Brooke?

Your other WTFs are on point!  I couldn’t agree more.

Profile photo of NewmanwinsNewmanwins
    5 Posts

[quote=Smitty]  Do you have any WTF moments from B&B today?
    [/quote]

I have them almost everyday for the last year. Can’t figure out which one is the biggest rewrite. But here are a few that standout.

1. Nick has always seen Bridget as his true love and the one woman for him. Not on my screen in 03-09. More like some rebound default option.

2. Steffy didn’t grow up in the same household as Ridge. She did so in 99-05. Was at least pushing 16 when he left.

3. Ridge and Hope have forever had a father and daughter bond. She was way closer to Nick and spent far more time with him than Ridge when she was growing up. More off screen bullcrap to make us forget the real on screen bonding.

4. Taylor once screaming at Rick saying he doesn’t know what it’s like to lose a child. He lost two babies while married to Amber, one was stillborn and the other was miscarried, and he thought for years Little Deacon was his only to lose him also in the end. 

5. Hope refering to Stephaine as her grandmother this week. I can’t remember one scene in the past where either saw the other in that way. Stephaine even once said to Brooke that Hope isn’t her concern cause she isn’t a Forrester. 

Profile photo of NewmanwinsNewmanwins
    5 Posts

[quote=Smitty] Also Steffy was away at school for years.[/quote]

That is what really makes this so absurd. Ridge was with Steffy everyday of her life from when she was born in late 99 to early 06 when he moved out and divorced Taylor. Steffy was off screen from the spring of 06 to the spring of 08 as she was in school in Europe. Thomas was already 18 by the time Ridge left so he’s not a kid anymore. Phoebe was the only one who could really complain about Ridge being an absent dad. I mean he wasn’t there for her when all that stuff went down with Taylor’s drinking, and while blind Hector and crazy Shane were living with his teenage daughter, cause he was too busy trying to breakup Brooke and Nick and using Donna as his tool to make Brooke jealous and also he got Donna to badmouth Nick to Brooke. Phoebe is the only one with a case against Ridge. She was around but Steffy wasn’t when Ridge was missing in action as a parent. 

878 Posts

Yeah newmanwins…you are right on the money.  This Steffy whining and complaining about not having a father is stupid and inconsistent with B&B history.  It’s like Brad Bell has forgot all of B&B’s history just to right this Steffy vs Hope storyline.  It’s absurd and makes absolutely no sense at all.

Profile photo of ldylkngldylkng
    114 Posts

If Hope is Brooke & Deacons Child (and she is) How can Eric & Stephanie be her grandparents? 

And since little D on Y&R is about 12 and was born before Hope, How are they bringing Amber back with little D?

878 Posts

Hope isn’t Stephanie and Eric’s biological granddaughter but they consider her family since Ridge was married to Brooke.

You all know soaps…SORASing like crazy.

Profile photo of ldylkngldylkng
    114 Posts

Smitty, I know you’re right but when they do that the least they could do is not switch who is the oldest!

878 Posts

Yeah it’s kind of funky but who knows they might not even bring Little D on to B&B.  He wouldn’t really fit in unless they brought back Deacon as well. 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.