Forums The Young and the Restless BREAKING NEWS: 3 Shocking Casting calls are going out for recasts on Y&R.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of david46208david46208
    825 Posts

It has come to my attention that fans of Y&R are putting out a casting to recast the Executive Producer and her co-head writers. Here is what the press release says:

“Head Writer: The fans say they are looking for 1 or two head writers who pay attention to the history of a given soap and write character-driven storylines. They are willing to look at veterans who have a good track record, but also mining fresh blood who can take the show to new heights. Writers who went to the James E. Reilly School of Daytime and attended the Hogan Sheiffer’s Writers Workshop need not apply. Chuck Pratt, Garin Wolf, Robert Guza, David Kreizman, Donna Swajeski, Megan McTavish and Dina Higley need not apply. Kay Alden, Lorraine Broderick and Sally Sussman Morina strongly encouraged to apply. We also do strongly encourage minorities to apply.”

“Executive Producer: The fans are looking for a budget conscious EP. They are also looking for someone who can mind the show’s history and trim its bloated cast of ill-important characters. Who puts acting before looks when casting. We prefer 10 Meryl Streeps and Denzel Washington’s to Yvonne Zima’s, Eva Marcil’s and Eddie Winslow’s. Who also looks to only cast and/or bring back legacy characters that can have a positive result on the ratings. The EP should also know how to mine fan reaction to stories and castings, with the ability to make necessary changes when needed. People with axes to grind, former EP’s who think they are writers and those who love actors on now defunct soaps more then on the soap they helmed need not apply. Julie Hanan Carruthers, Ellen Wheeler Paul Rauch and Jill Farren Phelps need not apply. Agnes Nixon (All My Children/One Life To Live/Loving/The City), Mara Brock Akil (The Game/Girlfriends) and Felicia D. Henderson (Soul Food/Sister Sister/Moesha/Fringe) are strongly encouraged to apply.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.